Photo

The Potential Problem in Grand Theft Auto Online

92 replies to this topic
TLagBro
  • TLagBro

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 04:04 AM

Yeah the onus should be on the robbers to get away through skill and wit, not the game to protect them. If you get killed and robbed after a job, well you obviously didn't plan it as well as you should, or were bettered by a more skilled player, either way it's down to you to learn from your mistakes for the next time. This way will allow for more strategy and long term enjoyment of the game, doing heists would prob get old if there's only one human element at work. I'm definitely going to experiment with robbing people on their way out of jobs, not because I'm a griefer, because it sounds like the hardest challenge to pull off. It's a task in itself to figure out where the heist is going to go down, set up the ambush strategy, and then successfully pull it off, all in a much shorter timeframe than the other guys have had to plan their heist. Its not as simple as just rocking up to a bank with an RPG and saying hello.

no it is as simple as shoving a RPG down someones throat as soon as they leave. Certain Heist will be avaible to everyone. if youve done a heist you know where that one has happened. Go there and Wait outside the building and rpg them as they walk out. Theres no challenge to it.

giraffeboy
  • giraffeboy

Hustler

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 04:09 AM Edited by giraffeboy, 27 September 2013 - 04:17 AM.

Are blips off to outsiders? If so, how would a crew even know where to camp? Then if they turn up anyway, it's down to you to protect your score. If an RPG team takes you down, well you f*cked up, not the game, it's all on you. Get better outside perimeter protection next time, dont cry about "griefers". The world is large with (I hope) lots of places to rob, and not everyone will be doing heists, so campers will be holding their dicks for a large portion of their time. Besides, my point is moot as you got your wish, nobody else can touch you while you all circle jerk over beating a bunch of NPCs.

blues3531
  • blues3531

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 04:21 AM

Wasnt it confirmed that only the mission interior is instanced? Once you're outside its fair game? That's what I read in the GTA:Online preview from IGN I think. They said that you'll be grouped up with other players on your crew (if you do matchmaking) and put in their world once you leave the bank heist interior. This seemingly confirms that you're in the open world again and others can interfer with you? I mean it wouldn't make any sense to have GTA Online if you are in your private instance (just you and the e.g. 3 other guys of your crew) until you lost the cops etc.

That right there even still sucks. There's only 16 players per server why do they have to instance it. It'd be much cooler to stumble into a building and find out 4 people are already pulling off a heist and join in or just to see it. It's going to be immersion breaking to see a group of people walk to a building go in and then your group can then go into a seperate instance of the same heist building. If theres only 16 players theres really no need to instance interior missions, it should just make you wait til they're done with it or have been killed.

TLagBro
  • TLagBro

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 04:22 AM

Are blips off to outsiders? If so, how would a crew even know where to camp? Then if they turn up anyway, it's down to you to protect your score. If an RPG team takes you down, well you f*cked up, not the game, it's all on you. Get better outside perimeter protection next time, dont cry about "griefers". Besides, my point is moot as you got your wish, nobody else can touch you while you all circle jerk over beating a bunch of NPCs.

ARE YOU READING MY POINTS? If youve done a handful of heists yourself you know where a handful of heist are, plus you maybe run into a couple every now and then on accident. It doest matter how good your perimeter is. If a Rpg team of 4 outside the building thats being stuck up will always take one or two guys down. What dont you understand. It has nothing to do with how good you plan.

SideburnGuru
  • SideburnGuru

He'll be a god to them.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 September 2013 - 04:32 AM

You guys have to take note. most, if not all, people who are setting up a ambush wont do it in a way that the people pulling off a heist even have a chance. Heist should be instanced. So I say again, why go through all the trouble buying everything when you can just camp out a heist location and take the money eaisly?

Stil disagree. 

You said earlier snipers can't handle people with RPG's. You serious? Pretty simple the way I see it. Hopefully, they'll respawn somewhere a bit out of the way. Two snipes take out the RPG holders. Take cover again, taking their blips off. Move to another roof close to the area. 
Get away driver should only pull up when the people call on him. Pretty simple to me.
One or two sniper(s) going up against a four person crew with rpgs. Please tell me, how rpgs dont win?

You must really suck at this game. 

Speaking of posts, read mine. When I mentioned blips, I wasn't talking about the location of the bank. I'm talking about the location of the snipers. After three seconds, when covering, the blip should go off, not indicating where the snipers are at. 

Also, first off, I thought you worded it was only two people with RPG's. But sure, let's go with four. Infact, let's see how a man like me would plan this out so this wouldn't happen. 

A. Escape driver hides in alley, two streets away from bank, but to also get a clear shot at the door and the people surronding it. Being able to discuss how many cops, and who crosses by over phone during heist. 

B. Sniper A, and Sniper B are on two seperate roofs. To get to those roofs, I'd imagine they hijacked a heli from the helicopters. This is considering it's the big bank, and I know the location of it pretty well. They land each helicopter on the far side of the building, that would be the opposite of the side facing the bank.  Both snipers are covered, but the camera would allow them to slightly look over. 

People with RPG's pull up, let's say four of them for that example. Escape driver sees them, so would the snipers. Guessing since they're amaturely bum rushing the place with RPGs, they'd have to be outside the front to even get a clear shot and to be aim to take the cash in time.   Sniper 1 takes the first shot, taking one of them out, Sniper 2 takes the other shot, let's say he hits his target. Rockets are being aimmed at Sniper 1 & 2.  

Escape driver starts to drive through, either A. Shooting one of the two, or B. Trying to ram the two. Option B being more risky, but depending on the angle more efficent. 

Let's say he misses, rocket people should be on the aim at the car now. If I remember anything from using a rocket in this game, while aiming, it does slow you down a bit. Sniper 1 & 2 could take care of any issue they have. 

This is all going  off miracle, but it's not as hopeless as you would word it. This is all going off the top of my head too. I've been hyped up for being able to plan this in game, since I obviously wouldn't be allowed legally or morally in reality. 

Again, it'd take an efficent crew, but that's what I'm looking for anyway. Or, easier route. 

Plan B: Snipers see the RPG carriers, and alert one of the people in the bank about their location, giving time to hold out in the building until the situation is dealt with. 

giraffeboy
  • giraffeboy

Hustler

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 07:02 AM

Lol at planning not mattering if you have RPGs. A sniper in an elevated position is almost completely safe from an RPG (in game I mean),  even if the RPGer gets the drop on him (which is extremely unlikely if the sniper is paying attention) he has only the guys upper body (if that) to aim at. Low and its in the building, high and it's over his head. If and when he does miss the sniper now has a lovely smoke trail guiding him right to his target.

D-lloydThaTitan
  • D-lloydThaTitan

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 08:45 AM

IM A GTA LEGEND SO IF SOMEBODY TRY TO f*ck WITH MY HEIST THEY GONNA GET KILLED AND IMMA PUT MULTIPLE HITS OUT ON THEM

Pinnkiepie
  • Pinnkiepie

PIE

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 September 2013 - 09:14 AM

IM A GTA LEGEND SO IF SOMEBODY TRY TO f*ck WITH MY HEIST THEY GONNA GET KILLED AND IMMA PUT MULTIPLE HITS OUT ON THEM

That's the spirit! :D

ReconzVenture
  • ReconzVenture

Eccentric Raver

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 September 2013 - 10:02 AM

I think the missions will be instanced, because too much can go "wrong", when other players can enter the same building, or simply hang around the same area.

But as you mentioned dynamic scenarios where one crew tries to steal the money from the guys who just did the heist should be possible, I would guess it would be something like, when you enter the bank, you go into an instance, but as you come out and get ready to roll out, you are back in the open world, where other people can see you and engage you

I think missions will be instanced for the same reasons as above. If heists weren't instanced then two heists could take place at the same time, in the same location, and it wouldn't make sense. A heist requires all the pieces of the board to be specifically placed, including NPC characters, vehicles and items. These need to be in place or the heist simply won't work. For instance, if the heist involves you driving to a location and getting on a plane, and a free-roaming individual happens to randomly take the plane in the meantime, or another heist-crew happen to blow that plane up without realising its importance, then the mission ends with you not even knowing why. The mission text says "Get on the plane" and there is no plane. You can't have well-defined heists and missions crossing over into the free-roam world.

However, I've put a lot of thought into this and it might not be all bad if the game switches the crew back into free-roam immediately after the heist is completed (and when the police chase/escape occurs) This also goes along with what aR2k has said.

During this police evasion section (which happens after almost all GTA missions) it could notify all players on that server session that a heist has just occurred (through Weazel News), the amount stolen and size of crew, that the suspects are being chased (news footage from following helicopters) and their whereabouts (denoted on the map.)

Now, any crews in the area wouldn't have been able to sabotage the heist - because they didn't know it was about to happen, or where - but the moment the police chase happens they could choose to rush in their crew to try and steal the loot, before the theft-crew escapes the police and banks it.

This would result in the crew trying to not only escape the police but potentially any other players and crews that happen to be online, on their server, at the time of their heist. It would be very exciting and make fast police evasion all the more important.

Even after police evasion there would be paranoia that another crew might still be tracking them (from their last known location) and covering nearby ATM's and key locations. They would need to decide whether they should race to an ATM to "cash in" and conclude the mission or try and blend in with traffic and "lay-low"? Or travel in a well-armed convoy and take on anyone that tries to stop them. Or just get well out of the hot area and hope no-one is following them. The possibilities of strategy here are endless.

(With this system, I am assuming that you cannot always see the markers of other players on the mini-map, but can if police are after them.)

This system will allow instanced heists, prevent crews preparing blatant heist sabotages and yet will allow for the chaotic and open-ended conclusion that people want from GTA:Online. What are your thoughts?

All of the above is fantastic. Wether it be you in the police chase after the heist, or you free roaming and getting the heads up there's been a heist. The excitement of either trying to escape, or steal would be brilliant. I can imagine flying round in a chopper and hearing on the radio there's been a heist in downtown, quickly get the crew together and let's cash this for ourselves. Of course the police attention would be on us too :p

MuddledMuppet
  • MuddledMuppet

Rat

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 11:33 AM Edited by MuddledMuppet, 27 September 2013 - 11:34 AM.

This is one of those rare debates which actually starts to change my mind about something!

Initially I was in the 'ugh' camp, anticpating hordes of griefers outside a bank just waiting with RPGs and explosives on every car in sight.

Then the 'plan for that' camp started to sway me. I will say tho that the griefers could (should?) have a sniper or two as well, counter-sniping the heist crews snipers, they won't ALL be n RPG watch. What's to stop them also having helicoptered to a nearby building for sniper cover? After all, say there's two teams of eight, the heist guys have 5 inside, that leaves the other crew to have eight against three to dominate the outside. Plenty of room for a sniper or two, maybe even a buzzard to chase down the escaping crew if they manage to get away?

haha i'm veering myslef back to 'ugh'!

If however, the non-heist crew doesn't get to hear about the heist until the very last stage, that doesn't give them time to set up a snatch responce. But maybe some crews will be hanging around with a couple of buzzards and some ground troops ready in waitng?

Basically, I can see the pro's and cons for both arguments, not entirely sure which I'd prefer.

If griefing became a major problem I'm pretty sure I'll be able to find at least enough players to team with to prevent it, but then again most of my mates are back-stabbin barstwards I would trust as far as I could throw the anyway

Whichevr way it goes I think I'll be happy :)

TLagBro
  • TLagBro

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 11:36 AM Edited by TLagBro, 27 September 2013 - 12:44 PM.

You guys have to take note. most, if not all, people who are setting up a ambush wont do it in a way that the people pulling off a heist even have a chance. Heist should be instanced. So I say again, why go through all the trouble buying everything when you can just camp out a heist location and take the money eaisly?

Stil disagree. 

You said earlier snipers can't handle people with RPG's. You serious? Pretty simple the way I see it. Hopefully, they'll respawn somewhere a bit out of the way. Two snipes take out the RPG holders. Take cover again, taking their blips off. Move to another roof close to the area. 
Get away driver should only pull up when the people call on him. Pretty simple to me.
One or two sniper(s) going up against a four person crew with rpgs. Please tell me, how rpgs dont win?
Speaking of posts, read mine. When I mentioned blips, I wasn't talking about the location of the bank. I'm talking about the location of the snipers. After three seconds, when covering, the blip should go off, not indicating where the snipers are at. 

Also, first off, I thought you worded it was only two people with RPG's. But sure, let's go with four. Infact, let's see how a man like me would plan this out so this wouldn't happen. 
A. Escape driver hides in alley, two streets away from bank, but to also get a clear shot at the door and the people surronding it. Being able to discuss how many cops, and who crosses by over phone during heist. 

B. Sniper A, and Sniper B are on two seperate roofs. To get to those roofs, I'd imagine they hijacked a heli from the helicopters. This is considering it's the big bank, and I know the location of it pretty well. They land each helicopter on the far side of the building, that would be the opposite of the side facing the bank.  Both snipers are covered, but the camera would allow them to slightly look over. 
People with RPG's pull up, let's say four of them for that example. Escape driver sees them, so would the snipers. Guessing since they're amaturely bum rushing the place with RPGs, they'd have to be outside the front to even get a clear shot and to be aim to take the cash in time.   Sniper 1 takes the first shot, taking one of them out, Sniper 2 takes the other shot, let's say he hits his target. Rockets are being aimmed at Sniper 1 & 2.  
Escape driver starts to drive through, either A. Shooting one of the two, or B. Trying to ram the two. Option B being more risky, but depending on the angle more efficent. 

Let's say he misses, rocket people should be on the aim at the car now. If I remember anything from using a rocket in this game, while aiming, it does slow you down a bit. Sniper 1 & 2 could take care of any issue they have. 

This is all going  off miracle, but it's not as hopeless as you would word it. This is all going off the top of my head too. I've been hyped up for being able to plan this in game, since I obviously wouldn't be allowed legally or morally in reality. 
Again, it'd take an efficent crew, but that's what I'm looking for anyway. Or, easier route. 

Plan B: Snipers see the RPG carriers, and alert one of the people in the bank about their location, giving time to hold out in the building until the situation is dealt with.

Very nice counter say I may add(: point for you sir! Now like you said, All that would take a good crew and skilled players knowing exactly what theyre doing. Yet, whos to say im not on a roof top across the street before you get here. Knowing where the snipers are put. The RPGs dont curve in this game makin it that much easier. Youre a sitting duck

EJTexasMade
  • EJTexasMade

Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 September 2013 - 12:03 PM Edited by EJTexasMade, 27 September 2013 - 12:07 PM.

no it is as simple as shoving a RPG down someones throat as soon as they leave. 

Really, not really. If a heist requires 4 people and I'm doing it.. you're assuming that you also have the 4 people required on the same map of 16 players. Probably isn't the case. This is even taking into account that you think the heists aren't at random, like the missions have been confirmed to be. 

Edit: You also haven't taken into account instancing. Yes, you'd in theory be able to enter the same bank I am in. However, it's a different bank interior to you. All the guards I've killed are alive and well in your world. 

EJTexasMade
  • EJTexasMade

Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 September 2013 - 12:48 PM

Let me go ahead and overkill this, since no one else had properly thought it out. It was confirmed that the preparation missions for the heists are in GTAO. So what you're telling me is, you will see my crew at the bank pulling a heist.. and you'll have time to get your 4 guys together, get back to your planning room, pick your plan of action, do all your preparation missions, and get back to the bank before I walk out?

Now I'm finished. Think more.

TLagBro
  • TLagBro

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 01:02 PM

Let me go ahead and overkill this, since no one else had properly thought it out. It was confirmed that the preparation missions for the heists are in GTAO. So what you're telling me is, you will see my crew at the bank pulling a heist.. and you'll have time to get your 4 guys together, get back to your planning room, pick your plan of action, do all your preparation missions, and get back to the bank before I walk out?

No, thats not what im saying. Lets say Me and Four freinds are looking for fast money. Since me and my friends have done some heists already, we know where some will go down. We camp on top of a building across from where its going down and wait. Waiting and watching where everyone will everyone goes. At no time do i go in the bank.

Hitchens
  • Hitchens

Snitch

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 01:03 PM

I have a lot of concerns with GTA Online and think that the game is going to be unbalanced on release day. Not only because players can on day one buy all the best loot from the jump with micro transactions

EJTexasMade
  • EJTexasMade

Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 September 2013 - 01:11 PM

No, thats not what im saying. Lets say Me and Four freinds are looking for fast money. Since me and my friends have done some heists already, we know where some will go down. We camp on top of a building across from where its going down and wait. Waiting and watching where everyone will everyone goes. At no time do i go in the bank.

Then you and four friends will likely be reported as bad sports and won't be playing for long with the majority of other players. lol. Honestly though, I think the truth is there's too much to do on such a huge map and too many activities for you and the four friends to get into. I know I'm not gonna be sitting around cyber stalking people when I could be doing fun things or pulling my own heists. The only reason I'd watch you and take from you instead of pulling the same heist myself is if I can't possibly do it myself.

EJTexasMade
  • EJTexasMade

Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 September 2013 - 01:15 PM

I have a lot of concerns with GTA Online and think that the game is going to be unbalanced on release day. Not only because players can on day one buy all the best loot from the jump with micro transactions

You won't be able to buy the best loot. You can buy the best apartment, sure, but if you look at Rockstar's history with online games, you'd realize that the best weapons and weapon mods will depend on what rank the player is at before they can purchase. 

MuddledMuppet
  • MuddledMuppet

Rat

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 01:23 PM

That isn't how it would work at all. Planning requirements will be mandatory for heists, you wont just be ableto turn up outside a bank and rob it. Planning requirements aren't mandatory to wait outside the same bank.

As for people that think others won't waste their time cyber stalking, that's unjustified optimism. There are plenty of people who will tae great pleasure in doing just that. I packed in DCU online cos i was sick and tired of everytie i went to do a low level missions there would be some cyber twat waiting to gan lowlies. The same happened in Dark Souls. The same thing happens in any game it is possible to happen.

One thing we CAN garauntee, if it's possible to ruin someone elses fun online, someone will do it. the question is whether or not the game systems allow us to beat those guys. ie when we finsish a heist, will our armour be shot off and health low while we have to face the gankers?  What will the risk be for the gankers? The heist crew will obviously be risking the loot from the hist, gankers will be risking nothing with a potentially high reward.

It's a fairly basic tenent of gameplay that hig reward should equal high risk.

EJTexasMade
  • EJTexasMade

Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 September 2013 - 01:30 PM

That isn't how it would work at all. Planning requirements will be mandatory for heists, you wont just be ableto turn up outside a bank and rob it. Planning requirements aren't mandatory to wait outside the same bank.

As for people that think others won't waste their time cyber stalking, that's unjustified optimism. There are plenty of people who will tae great pleasure in doing just that. I packed in DCU online cos i was sick and tired of everytie i went to do a low level missions there would be some cyber twat waiting to gan lowlies. The same happened in Dark Souls. The same thing happens in any game it is possible to happen.

One thing we CAN garauntee, if it's possible to ruin someone elses fun online, someone will do it. the question is whether or not the game systems allow us to beat those guys. ie when we finsish a heist, will our armour be shot off and health low while we have to face the gankers?  What will the risk be for the gankers? The heist crew will obviously be risking the loot from the hist, gankers will be risking nothing with a potentially high reward.

It's a fairly basic tenent of gameplay that hig reward should equal high risk.

Okay, I admit that it is possible. However, all of those people will end up on the bad sport list. 

TLagBro
  • TLagBro

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 02:06 PM Edited by TLagBro, 27 September 2013 - 02:09 PM.

Then you and four friends will likely be reported as bad sports and won't be playing for long with the majority of other players. lol. Honestly though, I think the truth is there's too much to do on such a huge map and too many activities for you and the four friends to get into. I know I'm not gonna be sitting around cyber stalking people when I could be doing fun things or pulling my own heists. The only reason I'd watch you and take from you instead of pulling the same heist myself is if I can't possibly do it myself.
Why should I get banned for being smart? Like you said, if i pull up in the middle of it and being stupid it might not happen.

Edit: This whole thread is how people wish this could happen and now youre saying how youll get banned if you do it.

EJTexasMade
  • EJTexasMade

Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 September 2013 - 02:30 PM Edited by EJTexasMade, 27 September 2013 - 02:31 PM.

Because the entire scenario you're talking about is the exact reason Rockstar created the Bad Sport system. People who want to make the online experience less enjoyable for others. I won't argue the "why should you" logic.. that simply is the point of its existence.

Edit: You wouldn't necessarily be banned. You'd just be stuck in games with other bad sports.

RDR-Detox
  • RDR-Detox

lllNamelesslll

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 02:36 PM

If people could attack you after you finish a heist and just take your money it would end up creating problems  (I agree that it would be fun, but I can allready imagine the amount of threads we would see in here with people complaining about it)

No one would want to do the heists if they can just camp and wait for someone else to do it and then steal their money.

Just look at the online part for RDR. People would go out of their way just to annoy other players. (The online part was awesome, but in the end all everyone was doing was to try to piss other people off by acting like douchebags)

MuddledMuppet
  • MuddledMuppet

Rat

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 02:40 PM

Why should I get banned for being smart? Like you said, if i pull up in the middle of it and being stupid it might not happen.

Edit: This whole thread is how people wish this could happen and now youre saying how youll get banned if you do it.

firstly, @ ElTexas earlier, thanks for seeing another point of view :)

@TBagBro, one fairly consistent way to measure what is acceptable behaviour, is; 'What if everyone does that?'

If it's 'playing smart' to not carry out heists but wait till you can get maximum reward for minimal risk, wouldn't a predictable thing to happen be that less and less people actually carry out heists? How many times would someone carry out heists on public servers if 'smart' people rob them of their rewards?

As more and more people lose their rewards to gankers, less and less heists would take place, to the point where a tipping point is reached and heists on public servers are as easy to find as rocking horse sh*t.

Unless gankers actually face some risk to match the potentially huge rewards, yeah, the smart thing to do is hang around known hotspots (and hotspots WILL get known) Hell, a lot of people will do it just for the sake of kicking over someones sand-castle, even if the rewards are low. (See earlier comment about DCUO PvP)

Of course it's all supposition just now, no-one knows how it will play out till we get our hands on it, all we can say for sure, is that if game mechanics support griefing, griefing will occur. If game mechanics mean that players can face less risk for more reward, that will occur, no matter what possible future consequences for the life of the game.

The idea of 'playing smart' sounds great until every time you do a 4 man heist there's two gangs of six people waiting to tear you apart at the end of it.  Then EVERY player who plays smart will simply stop doing heists.

MuddledMuppet
  • MuddledMuppet

Rat

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 03:02 PM

If people could attack you after you finish a heist and just take your money it would end up creating problems  (I agree that it would be fun, but I can allready imagine the amount of threads we would see in here with people complaining about it)

No one would want to do the heists if they can just camp and wait for someone else to do it and then steal their money.

Just look at the online part for RDR. People would go out of their way just to annoy other players. (The online part was awesome, but in the end all everyone was doing was to try to piss other people off by acting like douchebags)

Damn you, not only did you beat me too it but you said it more succicntly :)

• RDR-Detox likes this

psychadelic145
  • psychadelic145

Rat

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 03:37 PM

I beg to differ. Less on the "oh hey some guys just blew up our getaway car" but more on the. "Hey, I know these guys are gonna rob this bank. I'm gonna start popping shots in front of it to lure the cops here as they walk in the door".

There is a difference between taking someone's score and griefing.

I just want to know how the shards will be maintained. Can we group up before entering the game world to ensure we get put together and avoid "game world full" messages? Will the shard be brought up on demand? IE: player is able to start new a lobby with x number of private slots. Not "searching for matches"

i am sure there will be private slots as before, also the news annoucement makes sense but at the same time there may just be a GAME mode for heists n such thnking about this further is that is prior GTa's you can see everyone on the map as a little blip unless they are taking that away in free mode all together hesists may itself be a type of game mode. i don't truly feel the annoucement of a completed heist would be through a news annoucement just because that makes it in my opinion nearly impossible to take down the people pulling the heist considering you can all easily get away. that being said unless they announce it with a pop up/ radio i am still led to believe the heists may be some sort of game mode obviously this is all speculation but i do agree that setting up an ambush on a heist depending on how you find out may be very hard or it may be easy. that being said let's elaborate on this topic further and see if anyone can conjure up anything else

psychadelic145
  • psychadelic145

Rat

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 03:43 PM

-Weasel News will pick up people that have got wanted levels.

This will be interesting i also saw in another topic that destroying other's cars multiple time will make you get punished. ha to greifers

las thing but not least it seems you may cycle between online and sp at a moments notice. so that somewhat makes me think there may be searching for matches and no private modes. and if there is private modes it make be the kind where you dont gain expierence or money in order to combat boosting stats/ money??

thoughts let's get em rolling

Hank Beist
  • Hank Beist

beepboopbop

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 September 2013 - 03:44 PM

with 500+ Missions and Heists to play, as well as a variety of other activities between 12 players, the odds of a 4-man grief crew intercepting other crew's heists is pretty low in my mind. 

I dont know how GTA:O is going to start, but sure, maybe the first heist available is one EVERYone will go for. But what if there are 3 or 6 different heists to choose from? Your grief crew might not go to the same one you will. And once everyone gets into the game, say in 3-5 days after launch, the odds are just slim. Your 4-man grief squad is not going to be in the same lobby as the other 12 players every single session. I dont know why everyones stressing.

SURE, you COULD be an idiot, and discuss with your crew over PUBLIC game chat what plans youre about to execute amongst yourselves for your heist, and the griefers listening in could just run over and ruin everything(or atleast try), but thats YOUR own fault.

I dont think there will be instanced missions.

Atleast I hope not.

SideburnGuru
  • SideburnGuru

He'll be a god to them.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 September 2013 - 04:47 PM

Stil disagree. 

Very nice counter say I may add(: point for you sir! Now like you said, All that would take a good crew and skilled players knowing exactly what theyre doing. Yet, whos to say im not on a roof top across the street before you get here. Knowing where the snipers are put. The RPGs dont curve in this game makin it that much easier. Youre a sitting duck

Well, good luck getting on that roof without a helicopter being noticed.  That's a damn good point though, but I'd imagine we'd all be on the same angle then.   

Then again, if you're coming by heli, I'd hope my snipers would be able to do something great to said heli before the RPG crew gets a fair shot on them.  

Basically, if you take the time to realize that I'm performing a heist, getting a crew together, making sure your RPG's are fully loaded and upgraded, then getting a heli just to take down my heist? You'd also be a damn good planner as well. 

I'm just going off the fact most people who are RPG spam happy aren't really the brightest bulbs in the bunch. Meaning, they just kinda rush into things.  

This game is all about planning, it seems like. The better the crew and plan, the better off you'll be. Of course, there's always going to be people who can counter the plan, but you should just hope for the best. Like I said, these things do sound interesting, don't they? Making me hope these heists don't get instanced, because this sounds fun. 

Amateur crews who rush into things with RPGs get punished. Other intelligent crews who are quick thinking also get a chance at the fun with fair compeition. I like it. 

Hank Beist
  • Hank Beist

beepboopbop

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 September 2013 - 09:04 PM

with 500+ Missions and Heists to play, as well as a variety of other activities between 12 players, the odds of a 4-man grief crew intercepting other crew's heists is pretty low in my mind. 

I dont know how GTA:O is going to start, but sure, maybe the first heist available is one EVERYone will go for. But what if there are 3 or 6 different heists to choose from? Your grief crew might not go to the same one you will. And once everyone gets into the game, say in 3-5 days after launch, the odds are just slim. Your 4-man grief squad is not going to be in the same lobby as the other 12 players every single session. I dont know why everyones stressing.

SURE, you COULD be an idiot, and discuss with your crew over PUBLIC game chat what plans youre about to execute amongst yourselves for your heist, and the griefers listening in could just run over and ruin everything(or atleast try), but thats YOUR own fault.

I dont think there will be instanced missions.

Atleast I hope not.

Xavier Horovitz
  • Xavier Horovitz

Yolo Swaggins

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 09:21 PM

Folks, we can close this discussion up. Regardless of what we think is better, some guy has confirmed some things.

Heists are instanced, but you do get thrown right back into free roam for the getaway. You are, however, placed in a random free roam that has no one around the area though (the game will search for one).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users