Quantcast

» «
Photo

Make Over $2 Billion Per Character - Easy (Mild Spoilers)

259 replies to this topic
Benefactor69
  • Benefactor69

The Truth Is Out There

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 17 October 2013 - 01:34 AM

About what time does the Tinkle guy appear? I keep going to his location with Mikeal and Trevor but he's never there.

King Kapone
  • King Kapone

x N i g h t c a l l

• The Connection

Posted 17 October 2013 - 02:09 AM

About what time does the Tinkle guy appear? I keep going to his location with Mikeal and Trevor but he's never there.

He has to catch a red eye flight so its a good idea to show up at around 5 to 6 pm (1700-1800).

bango31
  • bango31

Rat

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 04:03 AM Edited by bango31, 17 October 2013 - 04:44 AM.

I can't buy Redwood with Michael or Franklin. What the sh*t??

Edit: I just bought multiple installments at like $30 million a pop.

bango31
  • bango31

Rat

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 04:56 AM Edited by bango31, 17 October 2013 - 05:46 AM.

One tip I would like to add to this part: don't stare at your stocks and watch Redwood hit 300%. You have to do something else. I personally didn't see Redwood gain that much by watching. I then switched to Franklin and did a flight from LSX to Sandy Shores. Upon landing, I checked the market, and sure enough, Redwood hit a 302.5% profit.

You don't have to travel around the map per say, but you should be doing something else than watching the stocks because Redwood didn't rise much until I did something other than watching the market.

Saving passes time by 6 in-game hours. Save three times and you'll be at your 300% increase. This is a lot faster than flying around or doing something else just to pass time.

I've saved a few times and done a couple side missions. Two game days have passed...Redwood hasn't budged. I'm going to give it some more time, though.

Edit: Just kicked in. 4 in-game days.

Benefactor69
  • Benefactor69

The Truth Is Out There

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 17 October 2013 - 06:05 AM

He has to catch a red eye flight so its a good idea to show up at around 5 to 6 pm (1700-1800).
I went between those times and still no luck.

bango31
  • bango31

Rat

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 04:58 PM

Try just driving out there at random times. I've had him show up at all times of the day (daylight hours, that is).

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 17 October 2013 - 05:18 PM

I'm so glad I followed your guide. Money isn't a problem for Michael nor Franklin anymore -- Trevor won't be buying anything other that cars for me. If it was possible, my Michael could buy every vehicle, property, and clothing item in the game, yet he would still be rich. I wish we could buy multiple garages. Then some of this money would really go to use. :(

Benefactor69
  • Benefactor69

The Truth Is Out There

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 18 October 2013 - 12:18 AM

Try just driving out there at random times. I've had him show up at all times of the day (daylight hours, that is).

I saw him appear once along time ago before I had any money, I just passed him and kept going. would that make a difference?

bango31
  • bango31

Rat

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 03:09 AM Edited by bango31, 18 October 2013 - 03:17 AM.

I saw him appear once along time ago before I had any money, I just passed him and kept going. would that make a difference?

It shouldn't. I've passed him several times.

Edit: just drove out there with Michael. It was 18:53 when I got there. Just FYI.

bango31
  • bango31

Rat

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 04:16 AM

Welp, I'm all done. Maxed out my cash with Michael, and I could've had a lot more. I was over $2 billion before I even did the Tinkle Mission. Franklin finished with $2.031 billion and Trevor finished with $1.786 billion. Not too shabby. Thank you so much OP. This is awesome.

TargetPractice
  • TargetPractice

I know what I know

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 05:36 AM

I don't know where those figures come from, but I just did the Assassination regarding iFruit.

I bought all I could before the mission @ approx $604.08 Xshare and after the mission, it maxed out @ $754.21, meaning it's only a 24.99% profit and not 50%.

Has anyone confirmed the 50% or any percentage mentioned in the following missions?

:-/

kamikazeedriver
  • kamikazeedriver

Don

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:49 AM

It all worked for me. I got every percentage of profit this guide said, but only ended up with 1.5billion

TargetPractice
  • TargetPractice

I know what I know

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 11:46 PM

I don't know where those figures come from, but I just did the Assassination regarding iFruit.

I bought all I could before the mission @ approx $604.08 Xshare and after the mission, it maxed out @ $754.21, meaning it's only a 24.99% profit and not 50%.

Has anyone confirmed the 50% or any percentage mentioned in the following missions?

Then, before the next Assassination mission, Vapid stock was @ approx $433. After the Assassination, I bought all I could afford of Vapid shares @ approx. $174 and after some time (a game day) the shares seemed to have topped out @ $395

But the strange thing is, I did this mission 4 times just to see any differences. The first time, I obtained a Wanted level when I jacked a car to get to the bus and after loosing the cops and doing the mission, the Vapid stock topped @ approx $395. I then did the mission 2 more times, without obtaining a Wanted level to get to the bus, and after the mission, the Vapid stock was @ approx $215 and not @ $174.

So, I said: WT* ? Did it one more time, this time by again obtainig a Wanted level jacking a car to get to the bus, and after the mission, the Vapid stock was again @ approx $174, so I bought all I could at $174 and then waited and checked for a game-day and the stock stopped rising @ $395. I was still a liitle puzzled about the differences, so I made a Quick Save and went to bed, in reality, not in the game. lol

Next day, I started the game and to my surprise, the Vapid stock was @ $428, so I quickly sold it all for all characters. The shares started to slowly drop a few cents afterwards.

Then, just before the Construction Assassination, I bought all of Gold Coast for each character @ $313 and after the mission and about 3 game-days, the stock seemed to have topped at $565.

After a Quick Save, I re-loaded the Save and after 3 Bed Saves (1 gameday) the stock was up to $569.96 and stopped there for another gameday, so I sold it all and each character made $310mills(M), $365mills(F) and $368mills(T) adding it all, the now have: M=$706mills+, (F)=$815mills+ and (T)=$839mills+ ...........

I think that should be enough to buy anything for each.

I'm yet to do the Tinkle Random ....so....... $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

TargetPractice
  • TargetPractice

I know what I know

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 01:02 AM

Then, before the next Assassination mission, Vapid stock was @ approx $433. After the Assassination, I bought all I could afford of Vapid shares @ approx. $174 and after some time (a game day) the shares seemed to have topped out @ $395

But the strange thing is, I did this mission 4 times just to see any differences. The first time, I obtained a Wanted level when I jacked a car to get to the bus and after loosing the cops and doing the mission, the Vapid stock topped @ approx $395. I then did the mission 2 more times, without obtaining a Wanted level to get to the bus, and after the mission, the Vapid stock was @ approx $215 and not @ $174.

So, I said: WT* ? Did it one more time, this time by again obtainig a Wanted level jacking a car to get to the bus, and after the mission, the Vapid stock was again @ approx $174, so I bought all I could at $174 and then waited and checked for a game-day and the stock stopped rising @ $395. I was still a liitle puzzled about the differences, so I made a Quick Save and went to bed, in reality, not in the game. lol

Next day, I started the game and to my surprise, the Vapid stock was @ $428, so I quickly sold it all for all characters. The shares started to slowly drop a few cents afterwards.

Then, just before the Construction Assassination, I bought all of Gold Coast for each character @ $313 and after the mission and about 3 game-days, the stock seemed to have topped at $565.

After a Quick Save, I re-loaded the Save and after 3 Bed Saves (1 gameday) the stock was up to $569.96 and stopped there for another gameday, so I sold it all and each character made $310mills(M), $365mills(F) and $368mills(T) adding it all, the now have: M=$706mills+, (F)=$815mills+ and (T)=$839mills+ ...........

I found the Tinkle guy in Pacific Bluffs/Ineseno Road (north/west coast)@ approx 06:25 am./Thu.

Just before reaching the Random guy area, I made a Quick Save, then I bought all I could of Tinkle @ $158.13 X share for all characters.

Gave the guy a ride to the airport with 1:04 left on the clock, so, lots of time to get there (Started @ 2:22).

Sold all stock a gameday later after I noticed it stopped rising(Fri./14:00pm) @ $210.33.

Total cash for each as of now: M=$940.091.639, F=$1.085.070.019, T=1.117.154.682.

I could've had a lot more if I had paid attention to Lester in the first 2 Assassinations (Bettha,Debonaire-Redwood) since I did not buy any stock then ;-/

TargetPractice
  • TargetPractice

I know what I know

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 02:47 PM Edited by TargetPractice, 19 October 2013 - 05:21 PM.

I found the Tinkle guy in Pacific Bluffs/Ineseno Road (north/west coast)@ approx 06:25 am./Thu.

Just before reaching the Random guy area, I made a Quick Save, then I bought all I could of Tinkle @ $158.13 X share for all characters.

Gave the guy a ride to the airport with 1:04 left on the clock, so, lots of time to get there (Started @ 2:22).

Sold all stock a gameday later after I noticed it stopped rising(Fri./14:00pm) @ $210.33.

Total cash for each as of now: M=$940.091.639, F=$1.085.070.019, T=1.117.154.682.

I could've had a lot more if I had paid attention to Lester in the first 2 Assassinations (Bettha,Debonaire-Redwood) since I did not buy any stock then ;-/

I then invested all in Lifeinvader @ $3.90 X share and sold it all a couple gamedays later @ $4.40, netting from $86mills for M to over $100mills for T and F in between. :-/

Once we have a few mill$, it's easy to make $$$$$$$$$ if we take the time to .........

Edit: I got greedy after seeing that the stock rate raised to $4.90 after selling all stock, so I re-loaded my prior Save and waited a couple gamedays and saved as the stock got higher and after a few re-loads and saves, I sold it all @ $4.86 for Trevor, $4.90 for Michael and $4.96 for Franklin.

That's a heck of a few extra million$ difference in gain from previously.

I hate it that there's no option to buy/seel all stock @ once for all characters and by the time we switch from one to the other, we can lose million$. ********* :-/

MrHyde
  • MrHyde

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 04:28 PM

I have already beaten all of story and done every assassination mission prior to reading this post and now most of my characters only have around 15-8 million. Is there any hope of getting billions?

TyphoonJames
  • TyphoonJames

LSPD - Rooftop Bastard

• Members
  • England

Posted 19 October 2013 - 05:08 PM

I'm going to follow this guide on my 2nd playthrough. On my first I was silly and bought the Vacca when it spawns, as well as jumping into the assassination missions.

TargetPractice
  • TargetPractice

I know what I know

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 05:16 PM Edited by TargetPractice, 19 October 2013 - 09:17 PM.

I have already beaten all of story and done every assassination mission prior to reading this post and now most of my characters only have around 15-8 million. Is there any hope of getting billions?

To get billion$ it will take ages, however, keep a close look @ investing in Lifeintruder and buy all you can when it's @ $3.25/$3.96 and check evry day and make a Quick Save each time is at a higher rate and when it drops more than .10c., re-load your last Save and hopefully it will rise more and keep doing so till you're happy with the profit$. Sell all when ut reaches between $4.40/$4.96.

Those are the numbers I've seen after the last Assassinations.

Remember, a few cents gain on each $3 dollar share adds up....

Good luck.

Good luck

Edit: After the Lifeinvader profit, I invested all in Vanilla Unicorn, @ $51.68 (I've seen that stock reach the low $54's) and after a week of gameplay and my usual Save and re-load when stock drops, I sold all @ $54.09, netting another $50/56mill$ + for each.

Now imma go spend and ....spend! :-/

I would've much rather spend time doing more missions than to stare at a boring pile of ******* number$ !

M=$1.175.177.488  //  F=$1.370.907.600  //  T=$1.425.010.245

webdevour
  • webdevour

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 05:03 AM Edited by webdevour, 21 October 2013 - 08:04 AM.

Thank you for this guide, this one covers more of the stocks that rise and fall due to the story than others I've read. I also read that the Bilkinton didn't ever seem to recover for some people, and I thought I was going to be one of them two because for about a week in-game the stock did nothing but fall a few more dollars...  Then what seemed about a week and a half or two in game later, doing other story missions to progress as well the stock rocketed back up to about $95/share from $40/share.  Still nowhere near the "high" stated on the LCN page for BIL of $137 but way better than what I had started with, I think the return went up to about 40%

Also, a couple other things.. During the Paleto Bay Score, Trevor says something about "gas prices continue to skyrocket" while you're roaming the streets with the minigun.  Do any stocks change with this mission?

And the one where you break into the chemical research compound for the FIB, this mission doesn't affect any stocks? 

I guess I'm asking if anyone is aware of missions besides what is mentioned in the OP that change the markets?

Jozzborne
  • Jozzborne

Jeremy

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 06:38 AM

I don't know anything else personally.  Glad this guide helped.  Surprised it's still of use as I haven't even booted up SP since GTA:O came out lol.

TargetPractice
  • TargetPractice

I know what I know

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 01:04 PM

I'm on my second time in the game, and after doing the FIB Scuba Mission @ the Lab ( I forgot the name) I noticed that the Lifeintruder Stock was down to $1.73, and since I had invested a few millions prior to the mission @ $2.96,  I re-loaded my previous Save (quick save) and sold all stock (made a few thousands profit) and did the FIB mission again, and then I bought all @ Lifeintruder @ $1.86. A few missions later, the stock is still rising (slowwwwwly). After doing The Bureau Raid mission, stock is up to $2.98 at the moment (= a few million$ profit). It should reach high $4's / low $5's soon (I hope) and then I will sell all.

Then I will do the Debonaire/Redwood Assassination.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ :-/

PineboxFiller
  • PineboxFiller

Liar

• Members
  • Olympics

Posted 23 October 2013 - 11:40 AM

FlyUS just spiked for me. Up over 100% and I just planned the UD job.

My suggestion: Create a save point. Buy FlyUS stocks immediately after the Molly thing as suggested in the original guide. Keep about $50-100k per person just to be safe. Play through your missions. Don't worry about checking in on the market all that much. Play through to planning the UD job, recheck your stocks. Worked like a charm for me.

From what I've gathered looking around a bit, is that the money you invest in Fly us from legal trouble won't go up until you do the mission Meltdown which is 2 or 3 missions afterwards, depending on the order you do the missions around that point. Which like what happened to you, is right before the UD planning.

Mal-103
  • Mal-103

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 04:48 AM

when you open your phone it tells you what day it is at the top. saving via the bed advances time by 6 hours so a few saves and you're into a new day.

you don't wanna watch it, like just leave the stock screen open because it won't change like that and it's boring. just mess around a bit and save a few time or get sent to the hospital a few times and check the price between

Everywhere i read anything about how long game advances during sleep it seems there is some misinformation going on, some say it's 6, some say it's 12, some say it's 12 the first time, and then less the subsequent times. That's all incorrect.

Bedtime saves advances the game a certain number of hours depending on the character you're playing (test it yourself):

Trevor: 12 hours

Franklin: 8 hours

Michael: 6 hours

So, you might be able to 'fine tune' time advancement a little bit by choosing the character accordingly, even though the translation time from one character to another might be almost the difference between Franklin and Michael's sleepytimes.

PineboxFiller
  • PineboxFiller

Liar

• Members
  • Olympics

Posted 24 October 2013 - 05:13 AM

when you open your phone it tells you what day it is at the top. saving via the bed advances time by 6 hours so a few saves and you're into a new day.

you don't wanna watch it, like just leave the stock screen open because it won't change like that and it's boring. just mess around a bit and save a few time or get sent to the hospital a few times and check the price between

Everywhere i read anything about how long game advances during sleep it seems there is some misinformation going on, some say it's 6, some say it's 12, some say it's 12 the first time, and then less the subsequent times. That's all incorrect.

Bedtime saves advances the game a certain number of hours depending on the character you're playing (test it yourself):

So, you might be able to 'fine tune' time advancement a little bit by choosing the character accordingly, even though the translation time from one character to another might be almost the difference between Franklin and Michael's sleepytimes.

Wow thanks for that. I certainly didnt' know that, or have ever even heard it really. I always thought it was 6 for everyone also. Does that mean those are the amounts of time that pass for each character for a hospital visit as well?

Mal-103
  • Mal-103

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 05:22 AM

This is a solid guide, except for three things.

Vangellico, Bilkinton, and Redwood don't reliably recover. I've done three playthroughs, and only on one did that ever happen. I tried reloading, waiting for literally 200+ in game days, switching characters, dying, etc. They sometimes never recover. This seems to be one of the dynamics that is random and only seems guaranteed through correlation and confirmation bias. It does happen sometimes so it's certainly worth trying, but isn't guaranteed.

Everything else seems to work every single time (so far at least,) including Augury. Because Redwood isn't reliable you can end up with far less than the billions described here, but should still net enough to buy every property by end game.

It should also be noted that the charts and highs and lows are largely for show in the game. They can suggest vaguely which way a stock may soon go, but they aren't literal representations of what happens. For instance, I got a maximum 49.99 % return on Betta Pharmaceuticals, but the actual stock said it had only risen 33%, and the chart for it still showed it as being flat after crashing following the heist. So don't rely on those numbers when investing in the game. They are only vague indicators, not accurate data.

So in a nut shell, only the mission related stock changes are reliable, some of the recoveries aren't reliable, and the charts and data are largely a façade and for show, so be careful.

I'd say the mission related stock changes are reliable only in the sense that you know they're going up and you'll profit if you sell at your peak. The peak profit percentages reported by different users - even though many of them get them at the same ballpark value - are often very different. I've spent a whole day trying to figure out why "everyone" reports BET's stocks getting a peak of 80% when the maximum i've gotten was 54.08% before they fall rapidly.

Example-- Betta investment for first assasination mission can return up to about 82% (it rises steadily over about an in game day then drops off suddenly)

Spuds

Not for me, BET didn't rise above 50% and that's after waiting 3 days, and that's when it started to go down.

So it's obvious you don't get the same results everytime.

Almost the same happened to me, and i've been trying to grok what causes these variations without much success.

I say almost, because after i did the hotel assassination (and had used all my money w all characters getting BET stocks) they began rising steadily (more or less 1% at each 30 seconds or so) until they hit 50% where they stopped and wouldn't move up or down.

Then i realized it was nighttime, and i thought 'ok, maybe the stock exchange is closed and will resume operation in the morning', But it didn't. Real life NY stock exchange opens (according to google) at 9:30am, and i was stuck at 50% way beyond that. So i gave up, saved, turned off the ps3, and went to bed (IRL) and when i relogged, it was 51.09. So i imagined it had frozen for some reason and now was going to update normally, but it didn't. It didn't matter if i waited for hours or days to pass ingame normally, or if i forced time advancement by going to ingame bed, nor if i switched characters and did the same.

So i left the game again and relogged and it had changed to 51.59. So i thought 'wtf, am i going to have to keep turning the game on and off and going through the loading times for half of 1% increase each time until i hit 80%?' But alas, i did relog again, and this time nothing changed, Frozen at 51.59.

I began to think what could i have done differently from the people who got 80% and it occurred to me that maybe my mission efficiency had been worse than the people who got higher returns. I had in my mind that i had gotten bronze in the hotel assassination, but upon closer inspection that wasn't it, as i had gold in it.

Since i had a few saves, i loaded the autosave from right after the assassination and tried doing different things while keeping an eye in the market from time to time. Different things like freeroaming, sidemissions, sleeping with different characters, etc 

I must have done it 8 to 10 times. On -every one of them- two things remained the same.

The first thing is that the higher the BET stocks would get before falling down would be 52.4%, and only on my last attempt (while switching through characters and making them sleep 3 times each in order to confirm my last post about how long each of them sleeps) it rose to a maximum of 54,08%

The second thing that remained the same on all of these attempts was that my stocks would start going up on a friday (the day i did the assassination), and would raise more or less linearly over a couple of ingame days (yes, even saturday or nights, when the stock exchange would supposedly be closed down). Once it hit it's maximum of 52-54.x, usually on monday, it would stay fixed at that value all throughout the week, until next friday where it would start dropping fast at each 30 seconds market update.

I just wanted to add my own observations. I have no conclusion to this post, as i'm about to give up trying to get it to 80%, since i cannot identify the variables that make some people get lucky and others not. Maybe it is a random cookie after all.

The only thing i haven't tried yet and will before giving up and selling at 50+ is to go back a little and redo the assassination, maybe that'll roll different dice for me.

Mal-103
  • Mal-103

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 05:28 AM

Wow thanks for that. I certainly didnt' know that, or have ever even heard it really. I always thought it was 6 for everyone also. Does that mean those are the amounts of time that pass for each character for a hospital visit as well?

No problem, i was also surprised to not find anything mentioning that anywhere that i looked for. But i guess there are plenty of odd findings undiscovered out there yet considering how new the game is.

As for hospital time, i'm not sure. I have the impression hospital advances more time than sleep, but i'm not sure how much or if there's a difference in time between characters. That's easily testable however. Anyone too rich or too poor to care about dying feel free to solve this.

morpheus47
  • morpheus47

Rat

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 10:43 PM Edited by morpheus47, 26 October 2013 - 10:51 PM.

Great guide! Only problem I had was where you said to invest in AUG after the last mission. Once the game credits rolled my characters spawned with their 35 million and as I was about to immediately invest in AUG I noticed it already spiked 100%. I guess you don't have time to invest your final heist cash into it you must invest before final mission

Aye grreat! guide cept i made 1.9 bill in total. I did steps 6 through 9.3 only though. I am still thrilled that trevor has $706,???,??? having done only steps 6-8 and 3 assassinations. deb was good redwood got nailed at 300% just by many bed saves for all 3.fruit %47.7 vapid i was nervous about was soo glad i hit @ 97.8% for all 3 That's the huge one.Oh well i already spending my mills on props cars, upgrades. I am not playing out the longest story in history to do all 8 steps and Lesters. Not greedy i am mm hmm hmm hmm:)

a novel quote by me 

Aunty Fascist
  • Aunty Fascist

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 07:02 PM Edited by Aunty Fascist, 29 October 2013 - 08:21 PM.

The first time I tried the Bilkington stock thing I didn't wait long enough and sold it at .11%.

Second playthrough I waited 6 in-game days and it capped at 101.47%

Regarding the Betta stocks, I heard that some patch changed the payout cap from the 80 or so it was to about 50. Can't verify that but it's as good an explanation as any.

Editing to add: I just now finished doing Legal Trouble through Meltdown with the FlyUS stocks and they rebounded right after Meltdown to 100.23%. Thanks for the advice on that one!

TargetPractice
  • TargetPractice

I know what I know

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 03:06 PM

I'm re-playing the game, this time without the aid of the BAWSAQ (Internet Connection) and without collecting Hidden Packages (briefcases), since they don't always appear,

and  then it would be a waste of time, and no robbing stores nor Security trucks.

I noticed that after the mission Monkey Business, the Lifeinvader stock is @ half of what it was prior to the mission, so I invested all from all 3 Characters.

After a week gameplay and a few more missions, that stock is only up .50c, so, it will eventually get back up and double my $$$.I hope.

I doubt that at the end of all missions and assassinations, I'll be able to buy the golf course.

jwyleski
  • jwyleski

has evolved!

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 30 October 2013 - 05:34 PM

how do I buy real estate properties in this game besides the one with the $ on them? I notice a lot of foreclosure signs on those houses so they might offer a deal for a multi-millionaire investor like me :)

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users