51 replies to this topic
pilscy
  • pilscy

Don Vito

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 September 2013 - 02:34 AM

pilscy, jameson:

ballas and vagos do attack your businesses. Should do it more often tho.

As for Grove street being ballas stronghold, all i can say is that R* as a weird sense of humour. Lets not forget something tho... The Famalies are not the Grove Street Famalies and the Ballas are not the actual Ballas. All those gangs have in common with SA is the name and colours, because they are not the same gang because of different universes.

lamar does say that Grove Street used to be Famalies turf, wich leaves us aall wondering. Like i said R* has a wierd sense of humour, they like to f*ck with us lol

idk what went wrong there lol. i drove down grove street happy and sh*t then i was dead the next second. i barley go through there..

****IDEA FOR DLC

-GET THE FAMILIES TURF BACK

Another prob with gangwars is that the famalies and the ballas are not that much of enemies anymore. They dislike eachother, yeah, but they don't have a bitter rivlary like in SA at all. I even saw Famalies chilling about 1 meter from Ballas and there was no fighting at all. Throughout the game the problem of Ballas with famalies seem to be against Lamar, not against the Famalies gang itself lol. Even at the beggining of the game,

Spoiler
, he seems surprised the Famalies are attacking him.

If you look up in real life, the whole LA gangsterism has been severly reduced since 2009. The gangsterism feuds and gangwars don't have as much impact when compared to the past. Rio de Janeiro, Brazil is where the sh*t is serious now.

This still doesnt define why Rockstar dont have the same HOMIE - option to recruit! the same way you cant recruit chop to follow you.. they should of added that!! [KNOWING THAT A BUNCH OF PPL WAS LOOKING FORWARD TO THAT] .... but they just wanna do heist and yoga.

c'mon R* its a few lines of duplication code...

Okay so what if the families and ballers beef not that heated ..... there all kind of other gangs we couldve been doing drive bys on.

The reason i said get the families turf back is because grove streets was the families turf but seein that this is a decade from the GTASA univ. it probably wont matter

It doesnt matter if gangsterism aint a big impact, as a matter of fact search google right now for gang news in LA in the past 24 hours, stuff will show up!!

[ÁT]
  • [ÁT]

The Sword Swingin' Surgeon

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 02:42 AM Edited by [ÁT], 26 September 2013 - 02:45 AM.

Another prob with gangwars is that the famalies and the ballas are not that much of enemies anymore. They dislike eachother, yeah, but they don't have a bitter rivlary like in SA at all. I even saw Famalies chilling about 1 meter from Ballas and there was no fighting at all. Throughout the game the problem of Ballas with famalies seem to be against Lamar, not against the Famalies gang itself lol. Even at the beggining of the game, when you kiddnap that Balla guy, he seems surprised the Famalies are attacking him

Yes they are enemies... At the beginning they are not, but throughout the game the definitely heats up. Since Lamar is CGF the attacks against them are considered attacks by the entity that is the CGF. There are two other Families sets by the way who may not have a big issue with Ballas but CGF certainly do and will shoot Ballas on sight.

Unless you feel that getting blasted near instantly for stepping into Grove Street isn't an intense rivalry, then sh*t is certainly hot between CGF and Ballas.

If you look up in real life, the whole LA gangsterism has been severly reduced since 2009. The gangsterism feuds and gangwars don't have as much impact when compared to the past. Rio de Janeiro, Brazil is where the sh*t is serious now.

Are you saying sh*t isn't serious in LA because a near third world favela is more dangerous? LOL. Gangs have been growing astronomically since 2009.. things just didn't stop dead in their tracks in 2009, there just happens to be less set beef popping off. Gang wars have the exact same impact as they did in the past - a lot of people getting killed.. the only difference is that gangs are not motivated into wars by sh*t as simple as colors anymore so it's less common. It's individual set beefs now and believe sh*t can turn ugly VERY quickly as it always has

• pilscy likes this

Jimmy Darmody
  • Jimmy Darmody

Don

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 02:54 AM

pilscy, jameson:

ballas and vagos do attack your businesses. Should do it more often tho.

As for Grove street being ballas stronghold, all i can say is that R* as a weird sense of humour. Lets not forget something tho... The Famalies are not the Grove Street Famalies and the Ballas are not the actual Ballas. All those gangs have in common with SA is the name and colours, because they are not the same gang because of different universes.

lamar does say that Grove Street used to be Famalies turf, wich leaves us aall wondering. Like i said R* has a wierd sense of humour, they like to f*ck with us lol

idk what went wrong there lol. i drove down grove street happy and sh*t then i was dead the next second. i barley go through there..

****IDEA FOR DLC

-GET THE FAMILIES TURF BACK

Another prob with gangwars is that the famalies and the ballas are not that much of enemies anymore. They dislike eachother, yeah, but they don't have a bitter rivlary like in SA at all. I even saw Famalies chilling about 1 meter from Ballas and there was no fighting at all. Throughout the game the problem of Ballas with famalies seem to be against Lamar, not against the Famalies gang itself lol. Even at the beggining of the game,

Spoiler
, he seems surprised the Famalies are attacking him.

This still doesnt define why Rockstar dont have the same HOMIE - option to recruit! the same way you cant recruit chop to follow you.. they should of added that!! [KNOWING THAT A BUNCH OF PPL WAS LOOKING FORWARD TO THAT] .... 

yeah, i agree with that...

Are you saying sh*t isn't serious in LA because a near third world favela is more dangerous? LOL. Gangs have been growing astronomically since 2009.. things just didn't stop dead in their tracks in 2009, there just happens to be less set beef popping off. Gang wars have the exact same impact as they did in the past - a lot of people getting killed.. the only difference is that gangs are not motivated into wars by sh*t as simple as colors anymore so it's less common. It's individual set beefs now and believe sh*t can turn ugly VERY quickly as it always has

well, as far as i know the last mayor literally put up a whole war in gansterism in 2009 with actual results. At least that's what they say in statistics. Also, a lot of areas in LA report only 3 murders a year when they used to report about 60 back in the 90s. Anyway, honestly i don't care much about gangsters in LA, and i also feel like the whole gangsterism take way too much attention and tends to be too much glorified by younger generations, wich should not happen at all from my point of view, but oh well...

Also, the situation in Rio seems to have more impact nowadays in the media and such. They litteraly put the army solving the criminality. That's f*cked up. 

[ÁT]
  • [ÁT]

The Sword Swingin' Surgeon

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 03:32 AM

well, as far as i know the last mayor literally put up a whole war in gansterism in 2009 with actual results. At least that's what they say in statistics. Also, a lot of areas in LA report only 3 murders a year when they used to report about 60 back in the 90s. Anyway, honestly i don't care much about gangsters in LA, and i also feel like the whole gangsterism take way too much attention and tends to be too much glorified by younger generations, wich should not happen at all from my point of view, but oh well...

No doubt there has been some results with gang injunctions and raids and such, but there is still hundreds of gangs in the LA county. Also consider that some places that were formerly gang neighborhoods have been gentrified since the 90s which would put a pretty big stop to a lot of crime in an area but that hasn't stopped hundreds of other blocks and neighborhoods from remaining active. I agree that it shouldn't be glorified though! It is a reality however and the game should represent that even if it's just for increased options of things to do in the game.

Also, the situation in Rio seems to have more impact nowadays in the media and such. They litteraly put the army solving the criminality. That's f*cked up.

It is very f*cked up what happens out there! Same with places like Syria which are in very bad positions. Obviously these have a much bigger impact in the national media than LA gangs but LA is definitely serious..

Nasir_Jones
  • Nasir_Jones

Gta V Mexican Cartel Member

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 04:41 AM

This may be the wrong topic but I don't wanna start a pointless thread just for a question, does anybody know where I can get the green SA letterman jacket at? And the green LS hat??

pilscy
  • pilscy

Don Vito

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 September 2013 - 04:47 AM

This may be the wrong topic but I don't wanna start a pointless thread just for a question, does anybody know where I can get the green SA letterman jacket at? And the green LS hat??

binco or discount store

Nasir_Jones
  • Nasir_Jones

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 04:55 AM

binco or discount store
is there a specific one? Because I checked and couldn't find them in that store.

Nasir_Jones
  • Nasir_Jones

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 04:58 AM

binco or discount store
is there a specific one? Because I checked and couldn't find them in that store.

JohnGazman
  • JohnGazman

"If the day does not require an AK, it is good."

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 26 September 2013 - 12:14 PM

Green SA Letterman Jacket will be either Binco/Discount Store, or Suburban. Same goes for the hat, and it shouldn't matter which one you go to.

Jinkla
  • Jinkla

Casablanket

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 12:25 PM

Okay, I understand that GTAO is gonna be epic .... blah blah ... features.... (possible let down) but anyway

I really dont get why R* took out the gang wars feature seeing that franklin is still gangbanging to a extent throughout the game.... 

Has anyone found a way to get gangs to be active? its bad enough theres no gang wars (recruitment system) and This game has literally already became boring to me. I seen someone said it before and i laughed at first but ,,, nggas really don't wanna do yoga and tennis and ride bikes all day... i wanna see action!

Dont get me wrong, I'm loving  it, but c'mon R*... San Andreas became popular from gws...

ps. i hope R* find a way to fix these f*ckin cops... there annoyin as fkkk

It's not an essential gameplay feature that has no direct correlation with the story. This isn't really san andreas 2.0, m8.

the cops are fine, you just can't go on a rampage carelessly anymore. i've been in chases and shootouts that have lasted 20 minutes. 

sh*thead.

RichBlackGuy
  • RichBlackGuy

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 01:07 PM

the same could be said for car jacking...not much of that going on these days, but its still something u can do in game....lets just face the music r* dropped the ball again maybe in another 5 years when they make a new gta instead of gangs we build ifruit apps,make useless websites and send each other viruses....im starting to think gta 6 is gonna be some white hooker chick or some 85 year old white guy who tries to tell gamers whats cool and we make a bunch of indie games within the game as we play...

welp fellas heres to another 5 years of gta sa

unikatil
  • unikatil

Forum Drive

• Members
  • Isle-of-Man

Posted 26 September 2013 - 01:10 PM

The thing is - There's too many gangs, and we can't really do sh*t with them.

#dissapointed-rockstar

• pilscy likes this

pilscy
  • pilscy

Don Vito

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 September 2013 - 02:28 PM

Okay, I understand that GTAO is gonna be epic .... blah blah ... features.... (possible let down) but anyway

I really dont get why R* took out the gang wars feature seeing that franklin is still gangbanging to a extent throughout the game.... 

Has anyone found a way to get gangs to be active? its bad enough theres no gang wars (recruitment system) and This game has literally already became boring to me. I seen someone said it before and i laughed at first but ,,, nggas really don't wanna do yoga and tennis and ride bikes all day... i wanna see action!

Dont get me wrong, I'm loving  it, but c'mon R*... San Andreas became popular from gws...

ps. i hope R* find a way to fix these f*ckin cops... there annoyin as fkkk

It's not an essential gameplay feature that has no direct correlation with the story. This isn't really san andreas 2.0, m8.

the cops are fine, you just can't go on a rampage carelessly anymore. i've been in chases and shootouts that have lasted 20 minutes. 

sh*thead.

fxcktard are you not geting my point thru ya thick fckin skull?

The thing is - There's too many gangs, and we can't really do sh*t with them.

#dissapointed-rockstar

^^^^ this explains my point, ine runnin on with ya boy

• mariana_dm1989 likes this

OGLuke
  • OGLuke

frickie van hardenburgs best buddy friend

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 03:30 PM

I swear the GTA V gangs function same as Mafia 2

few pointers

- Mafia 2 gangs only carry around pistols, same as GTA V.

- in Mafia 2 Every gangster is packing heat(pistols, Same as GTA V

what the hell happened to the ak-47 and shotgun blasting gangsters from GTA IV? The only reason gangs are plenty lethal in this game is because they surround your bitch ass and you have a shorter amount of health only takes a couple of shots to die.

Thisnamehasnotbeentaken
  • Thisnamehasnotbeentaken

Prankster

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 03:57 PM

With the amount of effort R* put into how the gangs look, move, act and the hood itself, it would be a real shame if R* didn't expand on all of it at some point. In fact, i'm quite confident they will by introducing a new character neck deep in gangbanging. Their is so much potential for dlc here, surely we will see something.

Gtav doesn't only have to be about making it to the top and doing heists, the hood part of the game is too noticeable to ignore, it's a decent chunk of the game not to mention  LA south central is still rampant with gang activity, not quite at the level it was 20 years ago, but it's still there.

johntheguy
  • johntheguy

Rat

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 04:00 PM

Gangbanging is boring and stale. Its all small stakes, low rent, low intelligence crap.  I'm glad GTA V got out of the hood quick.  I like that its there when you want it, but it doesn't make for compelling storytelling, because who gives a sh*t about a bunch of petty criminals that collect welfare to stay alive.

Thisnamehasnotbeentaken
  • Thisnamehasnotbeentaken

Prankster

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 04:02 PM

Gangbanging is boring and stale. Its all small stakes, low rent, low intelligence crap.  I'm glad GTA V got out of the hood quick.  I like that its there when you want it, but it doesn't make for compelling storytelling, because who gives a sh*t about a bunch of petty criminals that collect welfare to stay alive.

Oh, I see you have an opinion, like all of us. Different strokes for different folks.

Fizzlepop531
  • Fizzlepop531

Peon

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 04:04 PM Edited by Fizzlepop531, 26 September 2013 - 04:05 PM.

Read the spoiler tag if you would like to know why there isn't much gang activity in the game.

Spoiler

Spoiler

unikatil
  • unikatil

Forum Drive

• Members
  • Isle-of-Man

Posted 26 September 2013 - 04:06 PM

I hope we can get a DLC out of this.

johntheguy
  • johntheguy

Rat

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 04:09 PM

Read the spoiler tag if you would like to know why there isn't much gang activity in the game.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Exactly.  Do you guys really think that Los Angeles has gang shootouts everyday on the streets?  The true ghetto life is really just one of poverty, depression, and petty crime.  The turf wars of the early 90's are largely a thing of the past.

ColdHearted
  • ColdHearted

Nascar isn't a sport

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 September 2013 - 04:27 PM

Meh, Frank aint a gangbanger really, he is in a gang but he aint active, but I understand what your saying OP, gang stories do tend to allow for the most fun, that's probably one of the reasons SA is still considered to be the best or most fun GTA. In my opinion a lot of the features in V like yoga, darts, hanging out with friends for no reason whatsoever are just .....lame, until Trevor showed up I almost cried my self to sleep it was that f*cking boring.

Gangs would allow for some real f*cking fun, unlike YOGA, everything from the feds raiding your house at 5 AM to your drug deals getting raided by rival gangs or the feds and a whole lot more, I think there should be a DLC called Gangs of Los Santos starring an Angel Of Death, a Balla, and a Mara Bunta from El Slavador or whatever the f*ck that sh*ts called with a brand sparkling new Liberty City and a part of El Slavador in the game, BUT it aint gonna happen.

Harold Blair
  • Harold Blair

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 04:28 PM Edited by Harold Blair, 26 September 2013 - 04:28 PM.

I agree with what is said above about gang activity, it's certainly more low key but I thought that the BOGT had really good gang activities, they got a tad boring after the 45th one but they added more to do and you actually got a lot of money from it, all I've got to do now is play tennis 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users