Gangbanging , Gangs and LS - My Frustration

51 replies to this topic
pilscy
  • pilscy

Don Vito

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 September 2013 - 11:50 PM

Okay, I understand that GTAO is gonna be epic .... blah blah ... features.... (possible let down) but anyway

I really dont get why R* took out the gang wars feature seeing that franklin is still gangbanging to a extent throughout the game.... 

Has anyone found a way to get gangs to be active? its bad enough theres no gang wars (recruitment system) and This game has literally already became boring to me. I seen someone said it before and i laughed at first but ,,, nggas really don't wanna do yoga and tennis and ride bikes all day... i wanna see action!

Dont get me wrong, I'm loving  it, but c'mon R*... San Andreas became popular from gws...

ps. i hope R* find a way to fix these f*ckin cops... there annoyin as fkkk

• hadrianswall likes this

SesameStPimp
  • SesameStPimp

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 11:58 PM

if you can get them out of their cars at busy intersections, they will start shooting at each other. I sprayed several cars with the firetruck to get that to happen.

Otherwise you need to get them to chase you into a rival hood. Use a well-armored vehicle for that.
  • pilscy likes this

StupidAssHeadAss
  • StupidAssHeadAss

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 12:10 AM Edited by StupidAssHeadAss, 26 September 2013 - 12:11 AM.

if you can get them out of their cars at busy intersections, they will start shooting at each other. I sprayed several cars with the firetruck to get that to happen.

Otherwise you need to get them to chase you into a rival hood. Use a well-armored vehicle for that.

I'll have to try this eventually. Now if only the cops wouldn't completely ignore the group of angry gang n*ggas trying to kill the player...

I feel your pain OP, i really do. I've been trying to come up with any possible thing to keep me interested, but it only lasts for so long till your shot dead instantly by the cops, unless your Trevor, but even then you can't save his ability to run away from the cops because they have pinpoint accuracy, so it has to be on most of the time.

• pilscy likes this

pilscy
  • pilscy

Don Vito

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 September 2013 - 12:47 AM

I'll have to try this eventually. Now if only the cops wouldn't completely ignore the group of angry gang n*ggas trying to kill the player...

I feel your pain OP, i really do. I've been trying to come up with any possible thing to keep me interested, but it only lasts for so long till your shot dead instantly by the cops, unless your Trevor, but even then you can't save his ability to run away from the cops because they have pinpoint accuracy, so it has to be on most of the time.

and its annoying man!!! cops are like swat officers in this game... 2 stars and its over...

imma have try what SesameStPimp said, because gangs in this game are like peds unless u walk in their hood (ballas,vagos) ... they barley shoot/run into each other

M'aiq the Liar
  • M'aiq the Liar

Skooma Addict

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 01:12 AM

This was one of my biggest disappointments with the game. Lack of gang interaction but who knows maybe we will get a DLC that expands on it later. But at least you can get all 3 chars together and cause havoc,

JohnGazman
  • JohnGazman

"If the day does not require an AK, it is good."

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 26 September 2013 - 01:20 AM

This game isn't about gang warfare though, outside of the TP Industries - O'Neil Brothers battle. Franklin specifically wanted to get out of the hood lifestyle. The whole "gangsta's in the hood" scene was played out in San Andreas.

• DownwardGoose likes this

Jameson312
  • Jameson312

Founder and Lead Curler: LS Curling Association

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 01:26 AM

This game isn't about gang warfare though, outside of the TP Industries - O'Neil Brothers battle. Franklin specifically wanted to get out of the hood lifestyle. The whole "gangsta's in the hood" scene was played out in San Andreas.

Yeah, who would want to interact with gangs? It's not like the game is about violence / criminal activity, and it's not like LS is based off of the gang capital of the world or anything.....

Oh wait...

• Ekoms and _KC like this

Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, we always carry heat around here.

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 September 2013 - 01:29 AM

Yeah but there is still a significant gang element in the game.

They could have at least had a lot gang shootouts in the hood, even though it happens, it's very rare. 

pilscy
  • pilscy

Don Vito

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 September 2013 - 01:40 AM

Yeah, who would want to interact with gangs? It's not like the game is about violence / criminal activity, and it's not like LS is based off of the gang capital of the world or anything.....

Oh wait...

^^^^ now here my friends is when your try to agree with someone but u make a ass out a yaself

"It's not like the game is about violence / criminal activity"

are you serious? 

JohnGazman
  • JohnGazman

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 26 September 2013 - 01:44 AM

Oh wait...

You misinterpret what i'm getting at. I understand that some people want to see the gang warfare side of LS.

What i'm saying is that if that's what you want, you've come to the wrong game. By the time you reach the endgame, none of the characters have any reason to be in a street gang, and as noted the only person who ever had ties to the Families, Ballas and Vagos wanted out. And got out, in the end.

• pilscy likes this

Jimmy Darmody
  • Jimmy Darmody

Don

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 01:46 AM

Gang wars is not congruent with Franklin. Franklin doesn't give a sh*t about the famalies as a gang, he just wants to make money. He views gangsterism as a problem and worthless, kinda the opposit of Lamar ("f*ck making money, let's just represent")

Problem is that Rockstar almost totally ignored gangbanging. I was expecting of seeing Lamar asking Frank to go put some dirt and then Franklin denying it. Only being convinced when there was money to be made or some fellow gangbanger he cared about and grew up with was in danger. Ganbanging deserved a bit more attention. That

Spoiler

I'm hoping for a DLC with a couple more gangbanging missions, since Frank is rich by the end of the game he can focus a bit on that.

• pilscy likes this

pilscy
  • pilscy

Don Vito

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 September 2013 - 01:48 AM

Why people be trying to say that the gangbanging era died down in GTASA? SOUND JUST LIKE ONE OF MY HOMIES ... SAYIN THAT HE DONT CARE BOUT GANG WARS.

If you played San Andreas on a computer and Mod it up to a certain level you would see why im disappointed 

Gangbangin exist heavily in the world today.. Sad to say but its happening right now

Gangwars would be a perfect DLC. I wouldnt mind puttin money on that because really and truly if i wanna live out on the hills and do yoga and sh*t ill just play as Michael 

pilscy
  • pilscy

Don Vito

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 September 2013 - 01:51 AM

Oh wait...

You misinterpret what i'm getting at. I understand that some people want to see the gang warfare side of LS.

What i'm saying is that if that's what you want, you've come to the wrong game. By the time you reach the endgame, none of the characters have any reason to be in a street gang, and as noted the only person who ever had ties to the Families, Ballas and Vagos wanted out. And got out, in the end.

Oh wait...

Ok My bad. SMH man... this game would of been sooo good with GANGWARS. at least ballas attack your businesses so you get a lil action there

JohnGazman
  • JohnGazman

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 26 September 2013 - 01:51 AM

Why people be trying to say that the gangbanging era died down in GTASA?  Gangbangin exist heavily in the world today.. Sad to say but its happening right now

But. It's. Not. What. GTA V. Is. About.

At no point was there any claim, trailer or article that said this game was going to involve the LS gangs and their turf war. V is about big money, elaborately planned out heists, and the inherent issues that arise from being a part of those heists.

M'aiq the Liar
  • M'aiq the Liar

Skooma Addict

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 01:52 AM

I get what you are are all saying with the chars. They could have a 4 char DLC on the wheel though that's in some type of gang with his own mini story. Unlikely I'd like to see that 4'th wheel slot filled with a DLC char. Lost and the Damned and Ballad of gay tony was good stuff.

• pilscy likes this

Jameson312
  • Jameson312

Founder and Lead Curler: LS Curling Association

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 01:53 AM Edited by Jameson312, 26 September 2013 - 01:56 AM.

Gang wars is not congruent with Franklin. Franklin doesn't give a sh*t about the famalies as a gang, he just wants to make money. He views gangsterism as a problem and worthless, kinda the opposit of Lamar ("f*ck making money, let's just represent")

Problem is that Rockstar almost totally ignored gangbanging. I was expecting of seeing Lamar asking Frank to go put some dirt and then Franklin denying it. Only being convinced when there was money to be made or some fellow gangbanger he cared about and grew up with was in danger. Ganbanging deserved a bit more attention. That

Spoiler

I'm hoping for a DLC with a couple more gangbanging missions, since Frank is rich by the end of the game he can focus a bit on that.

^ exactly. they completely shunned it. franklin is from the hood. his best friend bangs. even that tanya girl said to franklin "you're the one all turfed up". even if he doesn't care anymore, they should have included it somewhat. it just doesn't feel right.

and what about grove street? it's just too odd to me that they would make it the ballas stronghold. and you can't do sh*t about it.

• pilscy likes this

JohnGazman
  • JohnGazman

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 26 September 2013 - 01:54 AM

I get what you are are all saying with the chars. They could have a 4 char DLC on the wheel though that's in some type of gang with his own mini story. Unlikely I'd like to see that 4'th wheel slot filled with a DLC char. Lost and the Damned and Ballad of gay tony was good stuff.

The 4th slot on the wheel is for the GTA Online character, and R* already stated they're not doing Episodic content a la Episodes From Liberty City.

pilscy
  • pilscy

Don Vito

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 September 2013 - 01:56 AM

Why people be trying to say that the gangbanging era died down in GTASA?  Gangbangin exist heavily in the world today.. Sad to say but its happening right now

At no point was there any claim, trailer or article that said this game was going to involve the LS gangs and their turf war. V is about big money, elaborately planned out heists, and the inherent issues that arise from being a part of those heists.

YOUR RIGHT. not once did they mention... i just hope they add something tho. that 4th character as lamar would be tight 

Punk-in-Drublic
  • Punk-in-Drublic

We had dreams and songs to sing

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 26 September 2013 - 01:58 AM

Lol if you think there's no gang activity then go down to Grove Street where there's a sh*t load of Ballas and start shooting, see how long you last!

pilscy
  • pilscy

Don Vito

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 September 2013 - 02:01 AM

Lol if you think there's no gang activity then go down to Grove Street where there's a sh*t load of Ballas and start shooting, see how long you last!

...... TROLL 

i dont wanna just play 1 man army. Micheal or Trevor will die after a while tooo so dont even suggest ....

chop aint a human!

hadrianswall
  • hadrianswall

Rat

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 02:02 AM

honestly you get about 10+ red dots, kill them and you get a few more , but nothing special .
i was sad about the lack of interaction with all the specific groups in gta5 , infact same go's for all the locations aswell, half the content in the game is redundant 

Jimmy Darmody
  • Jimmy Darmody

Don

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 02:03 AM

pilscy, jameson:

ballas and vagos do attack your businesses. Should do it more often tho.

As for Grove street being ballas stronghold, all i can say is that R* as a weird sense of humour. Lets not forget something tho... The Famalies are not the Grove Street Famalies and the Ballas are not the actual Ballas. All those gangs have in common with SA is the name and colours, because they are not the same gang because of different universes.

lamar does say that Grove Street used to be Famalies turf, wich leaves us aall wondering. Like i said R* has a wierd sense of humour, they like to f*ck with us lol

• pilscy likes this

pilscy
  • pilscy

Don Vito

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 September 2013 - 02:04 AM

honestly you get about 10+ red dots, kill them and you get a few more , but nothing special .
i was sad about the lack of interaction with all the specific groups in gta5 , infact same go's for all the locations aswell, half the content in the game is redundant 

Okay .. Now i know im not the only one feelin like that towards the game and gangs... there just there 

M'aiq the Liar
  • M'aiq the Liar

Skooma Addict

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 02:04 AM

Well that's a bit of a downer looks like we won't get ant DLC of substance for GTA V just going to be wep packs and cosmetic stuff meh. 

pilscy
  • pilscy

Don Vito

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 September 2013 - 02:06 AM

pilscy, jameson:

As for Grove street being ballas stronghold, all i can say is that R* as a weird sense of humour. Lets not forget something tho... The Famalies are not the Grove Street Famalies and the Ballas are not the actual Ballas. All those gangs have in common with SA is the name and colours, because they are not the same gang because of different universes.

lamar does say that Grove Street used to be Famalies turf, wich leaves us aall wondering. Like i said R* has a wierd sense of humour, they like to f*ck with us lol

idk what went wrong there lol. i drove down grove street happy and sh*t then i was dead the next second. i barley go through there..

****IDEA FOR DLC

-GET THE FAMILIES TURF BACK

JohnGazman
  • JohnGazman

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 26 September 2013 - 02:06 AM

Well that's a bit of a downer looks like we won't get ant DLC of substance for GTA V just going to be wep packs and cosmetic stuff meh. 

Why, because they're not going to do Episodic content? That doesn't neccessarily mean no new missions, it just means it won't be done in the same manner as GTA IV's DLC.

[µT]
  • [µT]

The Sword Swingin' Surgeon

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 02:07 AM

The game isn't about yoga yet you can still do yoga, lmao! Franklin is still a gang member and supports the Families. He can choose to get gang tattoos, wear his gangs color and he gets respect among CGF, he just doesn't care for making making couch change pushing drugs. Now in the beginning of the game I can see why Franklin wouldn't care to get involved in gang disputes since the gangs are on neutral terms with each other but after he fueled the gang war between the Vagos and Ballas that have now put him on their hitlist why wouldn't he gather up some homies and take them out? Not only does that make logical sense but it adds an element of playability in the game for people that enjoy the gang aspect..

• pilscy likes this

M'aiq the Liar
  • M'aiq the Liar

Skooma Addict

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 02:08 AM

Why, because they're not going to do Episodic content? That doesn't neccessarily mean no new missions, it just means it won't be done in the same manner as GTA IV's DLC.

If they add Missions that would be nice.

JohnGazman
  • JohnGazman

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 26 September 2013 - 02:18 AM

If they add Missions that would be nice.

There's every chance. It's probably a dead cert that there's going to be a DLC weapon pack, due to the empty gun racks in Ammu-nation.

Jimmy Darmody
  • Jimmy Darmody

Don

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 02:21 AM

pilscy, jameson:

idk what went wrong there lol. i drove down grove street happy and sh*t then i was dead the next second. i barley go through there..

****IDEA FOR DLC

-GET THE FAMILIES TURF BACK

Another prob with gangwars is that the famalies and the ballas are not that much of enemies anymore. They dislike eachother, yeah, but they don't have a bitter rivlary like in SA at all. I even saw Famalies chilling about 1 meter from Ballas and there was no fighting at all. Throughout the game the problem of Ballas with famalies seem to be against Lamar, not against the Famalies gang itself lol. Even at the beggining of the game,

Spoiler
, he seems surprised the Famalies are attacking him.

If you look up in real life, the whole LA gangsterism has been severly reduced since 2009. The gangsterism feuds and gangwars don't have as much impact when compared to the past. Rio de Janeiro, Brazil is where the sh*t is serious now.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users