Quantcast

» «
Photo

How do you keep car lights on after stepping out of vehicle?

13 replies to this topic
Mustard Tiger
  • Mustard Tiger

Snitch

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 11:40 PM

Title says it all.  It happens sometimes but I can't figure out how to replicate it consistently.

DaRkL3AD3R
  • DaRkL3AD3R

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 11:47 PM

Had it happen to me too. No idea how though.

Flashify
  • Flashify

IV IS STILL KING

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 11:48 PM

You can't purposely do it like in IV. Guess they were to busy making very exciting yoga and golf.

• DaRkL3AD3R likes this

TenEightyOne
  • TenEightyOne

We're bouncing now?

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 11:53 PM

You can't purposely do it like in IV. Guess they were to busy making very exciting yoga and golf.

Ouch, my sarcasm meter just blew the taskbar up :)

I don't know if this feature is bugged or if it was intentionally removed, hopefully it'll be fixed for multiplater. It's annoying during robberies as you'd always leave the engine running.

Mustard Tiger
  • Mustard Tiger

Snitch

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 11:54 PM Edited by Mustard Tiger, 25 September 2013 - 11:54 PM.

Serious.  That's the sh*t you play once (usually because some tutorial forces you) and never end up going back to.  Total waste of resources and time on behalf of developers to implement that stupid crap when they could have given us working garages, headlights we can turn on/off like in IV, etc.

Flashify
  • Flashify

IV IS STILL KING

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 12:00 AM

Serious.  That's the sh*t you play once (usually because some tutorial forces you) and never end up going back to.  Total waste of resources and time on behalf of developers to implement that stupid crap when they could have given us working garages, headlights we can turn on/off like in IV, etc.

At TenEightyOne as well: Exaclty, they've tampered and or removed way too many features that were fine. After all, it's the little features that add a nice touch abd are noticed by many. Anyone noticed how bad the dirt and sand kicked up when off-road looks compared to IV? How they managed to go from good to bad is beyond me. Like I said before, too busy creating very exciting mini-games that are so good I haven't played any of them more than once. Heck, I haven't played golf whatsoever!

Mustard Tiger
  • Mustard Tiger

Snitch

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 12:44 AM

I haven't touched yoga, tennis, golf, dunno what else they wasted their time on....

Kumpeli
  • Kumpeli

Herwood Mie5

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 08:10 PM Edited by Kumpeli, 03 December 2013 - 08:35 PM.

Solution found people!!

Works when you are in combat stance (i.e: Wield a gun and fire it).

Altough this can be useful in photoshoots mostly. Theres a little time after the ignition to get out leaving the lights on, after that the stance normalizes and the car is shut down next time you exit it.

1. Wield any weapon and fire it to get in the combat stance.

2. Quikly get in the car, wait for ignition to roll.

3. Lights lit up, and you get out of the car, leaving the car running with the lights on.

On bikes it works as well, although it's possible to exit leaving the engine running by holding the Y/Triangle.
Some examples:

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

• lazy., esato, itrpatrick and 2 others like this

jlamay
  • jlamay

Lost In Liberty City

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 08:14 PM

Sorry if this is off topic but is there a way to leave the car running after one of the protags get out of the car?

I've only had it do this once, and I've had the lights be on only once too.

Kumpeli
  • Kumpeli

Herwood Mie5

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 08:36 PM

Sorry if this is off topic but is there a way to leave the car running after one of the protags get out of the car?

I've only had it do this once, and I've had the lights be on only once too.

Check my post above yours man.

• lazy. likes this

lazy.
  • lazy.

could you PLEASE stop using that f*cking blue font?!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 December 2013 - 08:43 PM

Thanks Kumpeli, I'll have to try that at some point. :D

Craztheking
  • Craztheking

RaceKings Leader

• Members

Posted 04 December 2013 - 10:39 PM

Diving out is the only option I found yet.

DaRkL3AD3R
  • DaRkL3AD3R

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 04 December 2013 - 10:56 PM

Kumpeli's post is correct. It's all tied to whether you're in "combat" or not. It's more like a state that your character is in. So the only way to do it on command is to park your vehicle, get out, enter the combat stance (I just throw a few punches into thin air instead of shooting), then quickly tap Y/Tri as much as you can until you enter the car, spam Right Trigger/R2 until the ignition starts (this keeps your character from wasting time closing the door) then as soon as you see the lights kick on tap Y/Tri to get out of the vehicle and done. You can close the door and take your time once your character stands up.

Why in the f*cking world would they abandon the tap button to leave engine on, hold button to turn engine off, is beyond me. This was an amazing feature and something I really never ever crossed my mind as something that would be scrapped in a future GTA after IV. We REALLY need to start a post on their community support forums asking them to return this feature to the game in a patch. 0 excuses why it should not be in the game. It doesn't take up extra keys on the controller, it doesn't hurt performance, it does not conflict with ANYTHING in the game. It NEEDS to be returned to the game. And it's our job to make them realize how important this feature is to us.

dave4242
  • dave4242

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 December 2013 - 11:02 PM

Kumpeli's post is correct. It's all tied to whether you're in "combat" or not. It's more like a state that your character is in. So the only way to do it on command is to park your vehicle, get out, enter the combat stance (I just throw a few punches into thin air instead of shooting), then quickly tap Y/Tri as much as you can until you enter the car, spam Right Trigger/R2 until the ignition starts (this keeps your character from wasting time closing the door) then as soon as you see the lights kick on tap Y/Tri to get out of the vehicle and done. You can close the door and take your time once your character stands up.

Why in the f*cking world would they abandon the tap button to leave engine on, hold button to turn engine off, is beyond me. This was an amazing feature and something I really never ever crossed my mind as something that would be scrapped in a future GTA after IV. We REALLY need to start a post on their community support forums asking them to return this feature to the game in a patch. 0 excuses why it should not be in the game. It doesn't take up extra keys on the controller, it doesn't hurt performance, it does not conflict with ANYTHING in the game. It NEEDS to be returned to the game. And it's our job to make them realize how important this feature is to us.

To be fair they didn't take the feature out because the game uses a new engine so they would of needed to re-implement it if you know what I mean.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users