r2_zpsea121725.jpg?t=1380449738

r3_zps428bb0ac.jpg?t=1380535954

Scoobroid
  • Scoobroid

GTAO Olympic Champion of Champions

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 September 2013 - 10:57 AM

I love the bikes and the handling of vehicles in general in 5. I find that as long as you resist the temptation to wring their neck everywhere, and travel just slightly slower than flat out, bikes are a fast and safe way to get about as they are so small and agile. IRL I'm a sports bike man, but although I love the sporty ones in game, I also enjoy the choppers, they are a little safer due to being less twitchy and are still plenty fast enough when compared to cars.

When I started the game I was disappointed that the bikes didn't seem to wheelie well in 5. I guess that was just a low driving stat, as now that I'm maxed, wheelies are long and easy, particulalrly so for me with the Bati 801 (my fave in five) and the Sanchez. My wheelie distance record, set with Trevor on the Bati is over 2600m, one wheel all the way down the runway at the airstrip near Trevors safetrailer.

Got something like six modded bikes saved between all characters, will post some pics later.

• AusyAndy likes this

Munx
  • Munx

Homie

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 11:42 AM

I love the bikes and the handling of vehicles in general in 5. I find that as long as you resist the temptation to wring their neck everywhere, and travel just slightly slower than flat out, bikes are a fast and safe way to get about as they are so small and agile. IRL I'm a sports bike man, but although I love the sporty ones in game, I also enjoy the choppers, they are a little safer due to being less twitchy and are still plenty fast enough when compared to cars.

When I started the game I was disappointed that the bikes didn't seem to wheelie well in 5. I guess that was just a low driving stat, as now that I'm maxed, wheelies are long and easy, particulalrly so for me with the Bati 801 (my fave in five) and the Sanchez. My wheelie distance record, set with Trevor on the Bati is over 2600m, one wheel all the way down the runway at the airstrip near Trevors safetrailer.

Got something like six modded bikes saved between all characters, will post some pics later.

Indeed if you don't wrestle your controller the motorcycles feel absolutely amazing.

• ThePotentOne likes this

dodeca
  • dodeca

Rat

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 01:09 PM

But bikes do powerslide. Probably not as exaggerated as gta4 but they do. You see it a lot in moto gp. If youre enthusiastic\not careful with the throttle on powerful bikes while leaning\turning into a corner, you can easily get a powerslide.

There's a bit of a transition region between a solid grip and a full on slide. You know when your tires start to squeal but you aren't really sliding yet? You can powerslide a little within that window. But nothing like drifting on a car. The problem is with a very sharp change in traction. That's what causes high-side. If your tire is merely slipping rather than sliding, you still have a lot of the grip, and so the change in traction isn't as sudden as you recover. Alternatively, if you are on surface with poor traction to begin with this can also work. But if you are on dry asphalt/concrete and you initiated a powerslide, you only have two outcomes. You either fail to get the grip back and low-side, or you recover from the slide, get the grip, and instantly high-side. There is just no good way to transition from powerslide back into normal riding.

Now, I'm sure it's possible to do it just right for a trick or by luck, so that recovery just puts you into proper cornering lean and no further. Basically something along the lines of what hockey players do when they brake with skates. But this isn't something you are going to be able to do on regular basis under all kinds of circumstances.

But supermoto riders do it regularly, consistently, and for probably as long as cars can on tarmac\asphalt. The only variable would be circumstances. That whole thing is built around drifting but the power those bikes make is more controllable I suppose. I guess its tougher on litre bikes and supersports that have too much power to modulate the throttle just the right amount to incrementally transition into grip from a powerslide. Or maybe its the stiff suspension and steering geometry of those bikes that resists drfiting. I dont know.

chainsoar
  • chainsoar

DONE.

• Members
  • England

Posted 30 September 2013 - 02:24 PM

On the subject of wheelies, is it just me or can you not wheelie very high?

Scoobroid
  • Scoobroid

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 September 2013 - 03:04 PM Edited by Scoobroid, 30 September 2013 - 03:05 PM.

On the subject of wheelies, is it just me or can you not wheelie very high?

For me, some bikes get up much better than others. As i said, the Bati & Sanchez seem best, they'll come up fairly high and stay there through all the gears, others (PCJ600 I'm looking at you) don't come up so much and seem to run out of poke in third gear or so. Double T is pretty good for wheelies too, I'm just in love with my red Ducati Bati

http://rsg.ms/18FMww2

Scoobroid
  • Scoobroid

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 September 2013 - 03:09 PM

Matte olive drab Hexer

http://rsg.ms/18FN7hf

If someone could explain how to post pics instead of links that would be cool.

Eddie_1100
  • Eddie_1100

In the deep end

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 07:51 PM

another thing i like about the bikes in 4&5 is how you can manipulate the transmission, its seems easier in 4, for instance i can short shift to second/third., if i work the trigger. in 5 it seems like i have to be in higher rpm range to do that, downshifting is fine though. and also i like the little "friction zone" on the bikes, that bati sure sounds nice playing with the throttle at stoplights.

Eddie_1100
  • Eddie_1100

In the deep end

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 08:05 PM Edited by Eddie_1100, 30 September 2013 - 08:11 PM.

this is my "996" LOL

0_0.jpg

Frank's garage

0_0.jpg

"zx10"0_0.jpg

Mike about to hit that doggystyle

0_0.jpg

keep 'em in the house, f*ck thieves!

0_0.jpg0_0.jpg

my "mad max" ride0_0.jpg

• Kent_Paul_Jnr likes this

ASAPRocky
  • ASAPRocky

Lord Flacko

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:08 AM

Meet Daemon and Batti

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

K^2
  • K^2

Vidi Vici Veni

• United-States
  • Most Knowledgeable [Web Development/Programming] 2013
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA Series] 2011
    Best Debater 2010

Posted 01 October 2013 - 02:10 AM

But supermoto riders do it regularly, consistently, and for probably as long as cars can on tarmac\asphalt.

Their tires are slipping, not sliding. There is still a solid grip on the ground and tire deformation allows it to walk across, but notice that the angles stay relatively small. A car in a drift will go almost perpendicular to the turn. That's a real power slide.

TommyK154
  • TommyK154

Peon

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 02:29 AM

YES I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY ONE. Motorcycles are the best! I wish there was more though. My motorcycle wishlist for dlc/gta6:

-Triumph Bonneville/Royal Enfield/Ural style clone with optional sidecar

-Honda Grom

-Honda Ruckus

-Yamaha Zuma

-Aprilia SR

-Some kind of Motard

-Some kind of Adventure bike

-Some insane Super Sport like a Ducati Diavel

-Some Cafe Racer

-A bunch more options including Luggage racks/saddles, mirrors, more exhausts options, head and taillights

chainsoar
  • chainsoar

DONE.

• Members
  • England

Posted 01 October 2013 - 02:33 AM

haha, sidecars in GTA are something I've wondered about. That could be pretty fun.

apoapsis1001
  • apoapsis1001

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 October 2013 - 02:33 AM

ive found that driving motorcycles with finesse is key to them feeling......whats the word? not sh*tty. my only real complaint with the bikes is how unrealistic the impact of a jump is. i can jump a mega ramp that launches me 100 feet in the air and ill land gently like i have cloud wheels.

chainsoar
  • chainsoar

DONE.

• Members
  • England

Posted 01 October 2013 - 11:33 AM

Really? Every time I hit a massive jump on a bike I die on impact.

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

High Roller

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 October 2013 - 11:51 AM

I love bikes, mostly cruisers though. I was upset that Rockstar decided to cut down the amount of bikes in the game I mean what the hell? They advertise that V has the most vehicles ever in a GTA but most of these vehicles are devoted to being fancy cars spawning around mansions. :(

I wish there were more cruisers from TLoD and I miss the old fashioned Freeway. The fast bikes drive pretty stupid but the cruisers handle pretty well, I love cruising around the hills in them as Michael. :cool:

DSO_BillV
  • DSO_BillV

Spooky Scary Skeleton

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 October 2013 - 05:44 PM

Really? Every time I hit a massive jump on a bike I die on impact.

Try to even out the bike with the ground; if it's flat ground, don't even bother.

Lc gta
  • Lc gta

Mr. Excitement

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 October 2013 - 06:18 PM

I thought the same. Not enough bikes in the game. I think if Rockstar made a game based on street racing with the GTA V engine, it would be awesome.

Not enough bikes, 12 should be enough, not counting the Faggio or the Nagasaki Carbon RS which is in the Collectors Edition.

Enteum
  • Enteum

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 06:44 PM

There is really not enough bikes in game. I want one that looks like a Honda VFR 400 NC30.

Subbing to this thread, gonna get my bike pics up here :)

chainsoar
  • chainsoar

DONE.

• Members
  • England

Posted 12 October 2013 - 03:01 PM

http://gtaforums.com...biker-bash-360/

Kent_Paul_Jnr
  • Kent_Paul_Jnr

lets bounce

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 10:38 PM

this is my "996" LOL

0_0.jpg

Frank's garage

0_0.jpg

"zx10"0_0.jpg

Mike about to hit that doggystyle

0_0.jpg

keep 'em in the house, f*ck thieves!

0_0.jpg0_0.jpg

my "mad max" ride0_0.jpg

wicked collection - keep in your house - best way to stop these thiefs lol

chainsoar
  • chainsoar

DONE.

• Members
  • England

Posted 13 October 2013 - 01:10 AM

Guys, go check out the link I posted if you're interested in trying out an online motorcycle event. I'm wanting to get together a full 16 player lobby with 2 reps from each club that decides to attend. In the event of not enough M.C's making an appearance, I'll give the empty slots to anyone else who wants to attend. The goal is to make it a lasting event that will carry on through the introduction of heists and various other DLCs, giving us more to do at each gathering.

DON'T TELL ANYONE I POSTED THIS THOUGH, IT'S ILLEGAL FOR ME TO PROMOTE MY EVENT DIDN'T YOU KNOW

Beez
  • Beez

Given To Fly

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 October 2013 - 06:37 PM

YES I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY ONE. Motorcycles are the best! I wish there was more though. My motorcycle wishlist for dlc/gta6:

-Triumph Bonneville/Royal Enfield/Ural style clone with optional sidecar

-Honda Grom

-Honda Ruckus

-Yamaha Zuma

-Aprilia SR

-Some kind of Motard

-Some kind of Adventure bike

-Some insane Super Sport like a Ducati Diavel

-Some Cafe Racer

-A bunch more options including Luggage racks/saddles, mirrors, more exhausts options, head and taillights

YES! Pretty much the exact post I was thinking.

- Big adventure tourer like BMW R1200GS or KTM 990 with panniers and camping gear strapped to the back

- Sport tourer like Kaw Concourse or Yamaha FJR1300

- classic cafe racer

- Ural with sidecar, maybe even the option to mount a machine gun like the Germans had in WW2. Great for online with a friend.

- Flat tracker like H-D XR750. Flat track races at the horse track just like the Springfield Mile.

- ultra rare, early style Harley like they made in the early 1900s. Could be a mission to steal it from an auction house then you sell it on the black market.

vashts1985
  • vashts1985

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 08:51 PM

im not a real bike fan but i do love running around LS on a PCJ 600.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users