Official motorcycle enthusiasts thread

54 replies to this topic
chainsoar
  • chainsoar

DONE.

• Members
  • England

Posted 25 September 2013 - 11:04 PM

I know I've posted about this before but I wanted to make this thread as a place for all those who prefer motorcycles as their primary form of transportation in GTA to gather and discuss their feelings about the bikes available to us in GTA V.

I hope it's understood that I'm not another complainer trashing the game, in fact I love it and I'm glad GTA V is in my life. I would just be even happier if there had been more bikes, and failing that, I hope there will be more in Online.

Anyway, as I said, I'm not here to complain. I guess I just want to prove that there is a large section of the GTA community who love the old Freeway as much as I do, or who went to great effort tracking down and saving all the rare choppers in TLaD.

Where are you, bikers? Post your modded bike pics, talk about what you'd like to see in Online, whatever you like as long as it's motorbike related.

PS; bring back the Zombie! :p

• djv3n0m likes this

Cha Boy Jesus
  • Cha Boy Jesus

Peon

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 02:12 AM

I don't really ride them too often but I do like this Carbon Double T

0_0.jpg

Also am liking the ruffian but I don't have enough garage slots for it. 

And the Bagger is classic

0_0.jpg

• Kent_Paul_Jnr likes this

shamalpilot
  • shamalpilot

Trick

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 04:04 AM

I found a red and white hexer

K^2
  • K^2

Vidi Vici Veni

• United-States
  • Most Knowledgeable [Web Development/Programming] 2013
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA Series] 2011
    Best Debater 2010

Posted 26 September 2013 - 04:14 AM

I think I would like motorcycles a lot more if they handled like the real thing. But they are still fun to ride through the traffic, occasionally.

• Ferocious Banger likes this

Banana Duck
  • Banana Duck

Playa

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 September 2013 - 04:19 AM

Where are biker groups located curiously? Any one know there routes? I want to try and cruise with them with a fully sticked bombed bike.

chainsoar
  • chainsoar

DONE.

• Members
  • England

Posted 26 September 2013 - 05:30 AM Edited by chainsoar, 26 September 2013 - 05:32 AM.

You can see The Lost MC riding along the western freeway in groups of 3 or more. They're often spotted in and around Hookies, or at one of their 2 other hangouts in San Andreas - The Range, a trailer park in the desert populated entirely by bikers, and a private lot in East Vinewood, across the street from the Downtown Cab Co.

Just don't try and hang out with them if you're playing Trevor. They will shoot on sight.

I think I would like motorcycles a lot more if they handled like the real thing. But they are still fun to ride through the traffic, occasionally.

That's pretty much how I feel. It's a shame they changed the bike handling so much as I thought TLaD had it down pat. Even so, they're still more agile than cars, and Blaine County has some great freeways for long cruises.

chainsoar
  • chainsoar

DONE.

• Members
  • England

Posted 28 September 2013 - 12:49 AM Edited by chainsoar, 28 September 2013 - 12:50 AM.

Bumpity bump, because I had an idea.

GTA NEEDS TRIKES!

PhotoID16615.jpg

Look at that badboy.

Just look at it. You'd love to rip it down the Palomino freeway on this beast and you know it. And why not? We've got motorcycles, quads, bicycles and every other kind of vehicle. I say, Rockstar should consider trikes. Even better, a trike conversion option for your favourite chopper at LS Customs! Of course, that might be asking too much. But just one trike in the whole game...that would be enough to make me so very, very happy.

I'm really looking forward to GTAO and I can't wait to get out on the road with my good friends of the Devil's Highway M.C., leading the procession as we ride in formation down the freeway, looking for our next adventure in unbridled chaos, tattooed head to foot and wearing our colours loud and proud.

But if I could lead that procession on a glorious, shining pearlescent 3-wheeled steel horse...I would be the happiest video game biker in the whole damn world. It would easily top every great experience I had riding with a pack of bikers on my beloved black Zombie with the red rims in TLaD free mode. Hell, it would probably top every great experience I've had in multiplayer games before.

Now, I don't know why the trike has never been a feature of GTA before, and I don't presume to tell R* how to develop their games, but if  had the opportunity, I would ask them, very politely, to please...just  think about it.

Kent_Paul_Jnr
  • Kent_Paul_Jnr

lets bounce

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 10:58 AM

Carbon Double T - nice bike

Not-on-the-cover
  • Not-on-the-cover

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 11:16 AM

GTABGR_zpsf976e9c6.jpg

GTAVWD_zpsb4f626b9.jpg

chainsoar
  • chainsoar

DONE.

• Members
  • England

Posted 29 September 2013 - 01:30 AM Edited by chainsoar, 29 September 2013 - 02:42 AM.

Sweet. I chromed out Franklin's Bagger because he's the kind of guy who seems like he would chrome the hell out of stuff. It actually looks pretty nice with the Ice Shield wheels.

einjzmolf
  • einjzmolf

JODYHiGHROLLER

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 September 2013 - 02:55 AM

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

Here's to hoping they add in all the TLAD bikes.. The Angel would be so fun to modify.

• chainsoar likes this

Flyby29
  • Flyby29

"Settle Down Captain Happy"

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 September 2013 - 03:00 AM

I hate motor cycles and cars in gta v with the gta v new steering. They just are not fun to drive anymore, I take cabs everywhere now

AusyAndy
  • AusyAndy

~Live~to~Ride~

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 29 September 2013 - 03:38 AM

I've had Franklin cruising around on the Bagger for a loooong time, still can't get my hands on a Daemon :(

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

This game seriously needs more cruisers and choppers. There are sports bikes everywhere, but bugger all choice for people that like choppers! :angry:

einjzmolf
  • einjzmolf

JODYHiGHROLLER

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 September 2013 - 03:43 AM

Just wish we could actually re-paint the Daemon, maybe get a more regular seat that doesn't represent the Lost MC atleast, rather than just an option to have tassles.. lots of wasted potential for modification.

Digitalbulletz
  • Digitalbulletz

bad ass mofo

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 04:11 AM

In my opinion motorcycles were left on the back burner once again by rockstar in all 5 GTAs there have only been a handful of bikes to ride and the ones available aren't even the cream of the crop I mean where are all the look-a-like ducatis and yamahas?!

ThePotentOne
  • ThePotentOne

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 04:17 AM

I thought the same. Not enough bikes in the game. I think if Rockstar made a game based on street racing with the GTA V engine, it would be awesome.

chainsoar
  • chainsoar

DONE.

• Members
  • England

Posted 29 September 2013 - 04:18 AM Edited by chainsoar, 29 September 2013 - 04:19 AM.

In my opinion motorcycles were left on the back burner once again by rockstar in all 5 GTAs there have only been a handful of bikes to ride and the ones available aren't even the cream of the crop I mean where are all the look-a-like ducatis and yamahas?!

Uh..the Bati 801 is clearly a Ducati, the Double T looks like a Honda CBR1000RR and the Hakuchou from TLaD was quite obviously a Suzuki Hayabusa. There's more, I'm just not inclined to list every bike ever featured.

I've had Franklin cruising around on the Bagger for a loooong time, still can't get my hands on a Daemon :(

Look around Vinewood Hills for the 'Snatched' encounter where The Lost are bundling a woman into the back of one of their vans. Kill them and pick her up and two bikers come after you on Daemons.

• AusyAndy likes this

HamMasterFlex
  • HamMasterFlex

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 04:20 AM

So glad I got the collectors edition, the Carbon RS is easily the best bike I've used so far.

blues3531
  • blues3531

Rat

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 04:47 AM

I loved bikes in gta4 but in this game the handling is so wacked and weird that I can't even enjoy it for more than like 5 seconds when I see how cheesy it looks. Seriously this is the type of sh*t that should be fixed in a patch asap. GTA4 had perfect car and bike handling.

slydog
  • slydog

Rat

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 11:52 AM

Yeah I enjoyed riding bikes more in GTAIV now they feel unimportant and not as useful still fun for the occasional drive around.

Ferocious Banger
  • Ferocious Banger

Big Homie

• Members
  • India

Posted 29 September 2013 - 11:58 AM

I neither enjoyed them in IV nor am I enjoying them here. Motorcycles are something that Rockstar just haven't gotten right yet. :(

Munx
  • Munx

Homie

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 12:15 PM

I neither enjoyed them in IV nor am I enjoying them here. Motorcycles are something that Rockstar just haven't gotten right yet. :(

Hated them in GTA IV, motorcycles shouldnt powerslide -.-

However I have to say motorcycles in gta V feel spot on to me, very sensitive, super responsive, and grip to concrete like the beasts they are.

Hell they even become more stabile with speed (which they should)

SLUGFly
  • SLUGFly

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 12:24 PM

Love real bikes. Loved bikes in IV. Don't use em much in 5.

dodeca
  • dodeca

Rat

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 07:24 PM

But bikes do powerslide. Probably not as exaggerated as gta4 but they do. You see it a lot in moto gp. If youre enthusiastic\not careful with the throttle on powerful bikes while leaning\turning into a corner, you can easily get a powerslide.

Eddie_1100
  • Eddie_1100

In the deep end

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 07:49 PM

Hated them in GTA IV, motorcycles shouldnt powerslide -.-

However I have to say motorcycles in gta V feel spot on to me, very sensitive, super responsive, and grip to concrete like the beasts they are.

Hell they even become more stabile with speed (which they shoul

i love the bikes in this game although i do miss the back and forth weight transfer feeling just a little bit becausse its hard to stunt. but 85percent of the time when im playing this game im ripping up country mountain roads. or blasting thru highway traffic. I love the riding in this game, in fact im watching motogp this afternoon as i type. going thru turns was a pain in 4(imo) feels much better in this. and i'm not rossi but i do ride IRL (03r6). and i caint wait to rip it up online

i kinda wish they'd had all new bikes but i dont mind since riding is feels so good in this game. anyway im with Los Santos MC and we're ready for oct1st anyone down to ride online add me Eddie_1100 on PSN

Eddie_1100
  • Eddie_1100

In the deep end

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 07:54 PM

But bikes do powerslide. Probably not as exaggerated as gta4 but they do. You see it a lot in moto gp. If youre enthusiastic\not careful with the throttle on powerful bikes while leaning\turning into a corner, you can easily get a powerslide.

im sorry but the overall physics in 4(imo) were not conducive to getting thru a turn. the only bike on 4 that had decent cornering capability was the bati.. anything else washes the rear end out, throttle control or not. as someone who actually has done this its just wrong, and while some may feel the grip in this game is too "sticky" well...thats a very important part of keeping you on the road and off your ass...

but i will say this the stunting was at least possible in 4. on 5 i guess these guys arent capable of steering wheelies they all put it down.

Eddie_1100
  • Eddie_1100

In the deep end

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 07:59 PM

ever played Suzuki TT superbikes on ps2? about the closest any games gotten, gp500(pc) was decent

dodeca
  • dodeca

Rat

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 05:33 AM Edited by dodeca, 30 September 2013 - 05:36 AM.

im sorry but the overall physics in 4(imo) were not conducive to getting thru a turn. the only bike on 4 that had decent cornering capability was the bati.. anything else washes the rear end out, throttle control or not. as someone who actually has done this its just wrong, and while some may feel the grip in this game is too "sticky" well...thats a very important part of keeping you on the road and off your ass...

but i will say this the stunting was at least possible in 4. on 5 i guess these guys arent capable of steering wheelies they all put it down.

I'll hav to play gta4 again to see if the game matches my memory of it. But yeah, some of the things you could do while turning should ideally have ended up as lowsides or highsides. I spent a lot of my motorcycling time in gta4 on a sanchez though and it felt good most of the time. I really miss the suspension and weight shifting this time.

I can live with the grip but the quick turning puts me off.

ASAPRocky
  • ASAPRocky

Lord Flacko

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 05:47 AM

Batti 801 R.R

0_0.jpg

K^2
  • K^2

Vidi Vici Veni

• United-States
  • Most Knowledgeable [Web Development/Programming] 2013
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA Series] 2011
    Best Debater 2010

Posted 30 September 2013 - 06:02 AM

There's a bit of a transition region between a solid grip and a full on slide. You know when your tires start to squeal but you aren't really sliding yet? You can powerslide a little within that window. But nothing like drifting on a car. The problem is with a very sharp change in traction. That's what causes high-side. If your tire is merely slipping rather than sliding, you still have a lot of the grip, and so the change in traction isn't as sudden as you recover. Alternatively, if you are on surface with poor traction to begin with this can also work. But if you are on dry asphalt/concrete and you initiated a powerslide, you only have two outcomes. You either fail to get the grip back and low-side, or you recover from the slide, get the grip, and instantly high-side. There is just no good way to transition from powerslide back into normal riding.

Now, I'm sure it's possible to do it just right for a trick or by luck, so that recovery just puts you into proper cornering lean and no further. Basically something along the lines of what hockey players do when they brake with skates. But this isn't something you are going to be able to do on regular basis under all kinds of circumstances.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users