Altruist Cult - Who Not to Bring?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
54 replies to this topic
NijenhuisR
  • NijenhuisR

Trick

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 September 2013 - 10:27 AM

I'm not sure if the random encounters are replayable, but if you're playing as Trevor, you have the choice of either taking some people either to their destinations, or taking them to the cult camp. After you deliver the last "victim", the cultists turn on you and you have to fight your way out of the camp. I think someone on here said the strangers and freaks missions can be repeated after a certain amount of in-game time has passed. Can that be confirmed?

You mean like replay the sidemissions? Yes i can confirm

DugFreez
  • DugFreez

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 08:00 AM

This is the first real mistake I have found as a game design descision. I took the drunk couple and someone else. I now only have 13 random encounters left and none of them are "deliverable" people.

BIG mistake in my book. I know you only need 14 of the 57 random events to count as 100%....but it's pretty crappy that I am unable to see this because the designers didn't let me know 4 people needed to be delivered. The game could have very easily said "We need 4 people delivered to us to complete our new membership goal" or something simple like that.

As it is, I feel like I am missing out on a mission that I can never get without starting a new playthrough.

OhHeyBro
  • OhHeyBro

Peon

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 08:37 AM

A crazy (totally nutters) chick called Ursula living in a small mansion on the east coast can be bootycalled by Trevor (they're a rather good match, I'd say!), and another one is - I think - I got a hundred thousand from some chick's dad, because I saved her from abduction in a black van belonging to The Lost. But I used Michael when saving her, dunno' if she shows up for the other two protag's.

I saved her as Trevor as well. You can take the chick who bails on her wedding to the altruists as well, she gives you nothing.

What about that horny couple in Sandy Shores who f*ck in the back seat and the drunk guy who leaves his buddy in LS?

Nah.

Nah what?

baseb
  • baseb

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:48 PM

If I used Michael to drive the bride who runs away from her wedding is this encounter still available for me to do with Trevor?
  • pedinhuh likes this

drr26
  • drr26

But I'm a f*cking raspberry!

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:53 PM

Keep Ursula if you want a booty call and (if you are into this:) some kinky pictures, she is a perfect match for Trevor too lol 

baseb
  • baseb

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:19 PM Edited by baseb, 07 October 2013 - 11:20 PM.

-30) Hitch Lift 1 - Ineseno Road, Banham Canyon - All characters - +5 Driving skill and $100. If you get him to the airport within 02:20, he gives you a tip to invest in Tinkle, which pays out within a week (Tinkle is located on the BAWSAQ market page) (If playing as Trevor, you can take the guy to the Altruist Cult instead).

This is wrong you cannot take this guy to the Altruist cult

YamIhere
  • YamIhere

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 11:19 AM

Ok, I read and don't think the 3rd person I took was mentioned.

I was driving somewhere and picked up a chick that wanted a ride to see her boyfriend (he a guard somewhere), but I decided to take her to the cult. (she was the 3rd I took)

I also took the couple that wants to go to the hotel.

Wish I had taken the drunk guy there, cause what he pays can't even cover the cleaning bill.

tresshold
  • tresshold

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 11:38 AM

cant you just do taxi missions and bring your passengers to the cult.

maybe you have to bring six people to get something done, like unlocking the spectrometer.

Starchs
  • Starchs

Potato chips

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 11:57 AM

Are there limit amount of hitchhikers?

Champers
  • Champers

Snitch

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 11 October 2013 - 12:10 PM Edited by Champerss, 11 October 2013 - 12:24 PM.

maybe you have to bring six people to get something done, like unlocking the spectrometer.

I don't think you can bring the passengers from the Taxi Missions, only the hitchhikers who appear as blue dots on the map. And after you bring the 4 hitchhikers, the Altruists

Spoiler
, thus
Spoiler

jimmylh
  • jimmylh

not a player hater

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 12:23 PM

Nothing happens when you take a person to the fort during a taxi mission.

I tried taking a hooker and they jumped out of the car a ran before I got there.

silvermerc50
  • silvermerc50

Gaming since 1984

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 01:52 PM

base b is correct on not being able to take the tinkle stock guy to the camp. It does nothing. 

OhHeyBro
  • OhHeyBro

Peon

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 02:00 PM

What if you run out of hitchhikers to take there? 

Spoiler

rojovo74
  • rojovo74

Prankster

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 10:25 PM

The good thing about the Altruist camp shootout (playing as Trev), is there is a hidden package on the front porch of one of the houses, or you can try to collect it during free roam as I have...unsuccessfully so far due to me getting blasted lol. Although there is a lull after you kill one group, that lull is not very long until you have to battle more of the cultists (I think it is 10 seconds or so before the next group). Since I haven't been able to get that package yet, I have no idea how much it is...yet lol

baseb
  • baseb

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 04:03 AM Edited by baseb, 18 October 2013 - 04:05 AM.

It's not just one package, there's 4 of them, each containing $25'000 so it adds up to a very nice six figure sum. There's also some nice hardware to be found.

Edited to add - they're on the porches of the 6 or 7 house's that are there.

Starchs
  • Starchs

Potato chips

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 09:12 PM

I'm not sure if the random encounters are replayable, but if you're playing as Trevor, you have the choice of either taking some people either to their destinations, or taking them to the cult camp. After you deliver the last "victim", the cultists turn on you and you have to fight your way out of the camp. I think someone on here said the strangers and freaks missions can be repeated after a certain amount of in-game time has passed. Can that be confirmed?

You mean like replay the sidemissions? Yes i can confirm

Would the repeat mission count so I can get Tevor force into their camp

AlabamaFatts
  • AlabamaFatts

The 32 Year Old Veteran - "I'm gettin' too old for

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 01:45 AM

[/quote]
I saved her as Trevor as well. You can take the chick who bails on her wedding to the altruists as well, she gives you nothing.

What about that horny couple in Sandy Shores who f*ck in the back seat and the drunk guy who leaves his buddy in LS?[/quote]

Sorry if this was already answered, but I'm skimming through this at work, and gotta be quick. Pertaining to "that horny couple in Sandy Shores who f*ck in the back seat" - I found them with Trevor, and brought them to the Altruist Camp, for 2 reasons.
1) Even after I'd already brought 2 people to the camp previously, there was an in game prompt telling me that I had the option to deliver them to the Camp. (Found that to be awkward and redundant)
2) Logistically, what's the best that you could possibly receive from 2 drunk, horny, country bumpkins? 15 bucks, a bus token, and a stick of Freedent Gum? They're drunk as $hit, and apparently oblivious to Trevor even being 2 feet away from them.
Unless someone has spared them, and gotten a contact, or large tip in reward, I say send them to their death!!! And please remember to tip your waitress.

r.tiffany72
  • r.tiffany72

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 03:53 AM

I heard somewhere that they only accept females? Not including Ursula and the girl that give you a lot of money for saving her, there are 4 other random females to choose.  Not confirmed just an observation.

Gameralfa095
  • Gameralfa095

Bang!

• Members
  • El-Salvador

Posted 02 March 2014 - 01:16 AM Edited by Gameralfa095, 02 March 2014 - 01:17 AM.

Whats the point of taking them to the cannibal camp? i took some i cant remember then i got a mission where they want to kill me. so what happens after that? should i still keep giving them more people or that was it?

Its just something you can do like an extra i dont really see the point neither just the achivement for the first one

PineboxFiller
  • PineboxFiller

Liar

• Members
  • Olympics

Posted 02 March 2014 - 04:52 AM

Whats the point of taking them to the cannibal camp? i took some i cant remember then i got a mission where they want to kill me. so what happens after that? should i still keep giving them more people or that was it?

Its just something you can do like an extra i dont really see the point neither just the achivement for the first one

Well you can get quite a bit of money in the Altruist betrayal. Also this thread was/is nearly 5 months old.

esato
  • esato

Playa

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 08 May 2014 - 10:24 PM

Sorry for bringing this thread from the depths of hell.... hahah

But, we need to deliver people on the camp 4 TIMES or we need to deliver 4 PEOPLE?

I'm thinking to deliver the Drunk couple (2 people), Drunk Guy from LS (1) and the Runaway Bride (1). Or I'll need one more to complete 4 deliveries?

Thanks!

~Tiger~
  • ~Tiger~

• GTA Series Staff
  • None
  • Best Ledby 2015
    Best Ledby 2014
    Helpfulness Award [GTA V]
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 08 May 2014 - 10:32 PM

Hi esato,

Spoiler

• esato likes this

esato
  • esato

Playa

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 08 May 2014 - 10:37 PM

Hi esato,

Spoiler

Barefoot Tiger, thanks, man!

Spoiler

And sorry about I DON'T put the spoiler tag on the last message.
  • ~Tiger~ likes this

~Tiger~
  • ~Tiger~

• GTA Series Staff
  • None
  • Best Ledby 2015
    Best Ledby 2014
    Helpfulness Award [GTA V]
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 08 May 2014 - 10:56 PM

Barefoot Tiger, thanks, man!

Spoiler

And sorry about I DON'T put the spoiler tag on the last message.

Spoiler

• esato likes this

esato
  • esato

Playa

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 08 May 2014 - 10:59 PM

Barefoot Tiger, much thanks, man!

• ~Tiger~ likes this

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users