Altruist Cult - Who Not to Bring?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
54 replies to this topic
Nemesis2252
  • Nemesis2252

Arch Enemy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 September 2013 - 11:03 PM Edited by Nemesis2252, 25 September 2013 - 11:03 PM.

Trevor can deliver random encounter people to the Altruist Cult instead of driving them to their destinations. After 4 deliveries, a mission/scene happens where Trevor is brought into the Cult by gunpoint and then have to fight his way out (inside are $100,000, RPG, and Assault Shotgun).... however I have read there are some people that if you deliver to their destinations, they reward you. I have read this includes a girl you can Booty Call, and one girl has her dad call you and reward you big... but I dont know who that is or what they look like.

Does anyone have a list of people that you should NOT bring to the Altruist Cult? (also what they look like/what they say so I know what to look for)

Jesse Pinkman
  • Jesse Pinkman

bitch

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 11:04 PM

Guy from LS who can be your oponent at golf match.

• SesameStPimp likes this

Kuntman_Mike
  • Kuntman_Mike

Deathproof

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 11:20 PM

A crazy (totally nutters) chick called Ursula living in a small mansion on the east coast can be bootycalled by Trevor (they're a rather good match, I'd say!), and another one is - I think - I got a hundred thousand from some chick's dad, because I saved her from abduction in a black van belonging to The Lost. But I used Michael when saving her, dunno' if she shows up for the other two protag's.

Nemesis2252
  • Nemesis2252

Arch Enemy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 September 2013 - 11:39 PM

right now on my save file (not playing the game until i find the answer to this Cult question) I have 2 random encounter people. 1 is at a food place just a couple streets north of Trevor's 'borrowed' apartment in Los Santos, where a drunk guy needs a ride.... and a girl way out on the northeast side of the map (wearing short skirt and cut off shirt) just off of the highway needing to go to the vinewood sign or something... any news if these people give you anything?

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

GTA III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLAD, TBoGT and V all 100%

• Members
  • None
  • Best Avatar 2012
    Winner of Euro 2012 Prediction League

Posted 25 September 2013 - 11:42 PM

The girl whos dad gives you a big rewrad can be found on the outskirts of Paelto Bay and she will be being attacked by 2 guys. You could tell its her also as she will sound like a Italian/New Yorker and will talk about how here dad was a mob boss etc. I wouldn't take her as the reward is to good to take her to the Alturist camp.

buzbegone
  • buzbegone

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 11:47 PM

A crazy (totally nutters) chick called Ursula living in a small mansion on the east coast can be bootycalled by Trevor (they're a rather good match, I'd say!), and another one is - I think - I got a hundred thousand from some chick's dad, because I saved her from abduction in a black van belonging to The Lost. But I used Michael when saving her, dunno' if she shows up for the other two protag's.

I saved her as Trevor as well. You can take the chick who bails on her wedding to the altruists as well, she gives you nothing.

What about that horny couple in Sandy Shores who f*ck in the back seat and the drunk guy who leaves his buddy in LS?

93Sean93
  • 93Sean93

Peon

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 September 2013 - 11:54 PM

I saved her as Trevor as well. You can take the chick who bails on her wedding to the altruists as well, she gives you nothing.

What about that horny couple in Sandy Shores who f*ck in the back seat and the drunk guy who leaves his buddy in LS?

Nah.

Nemesis2252
  • Nemesis2252

Arch Enemy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 September 2013 - 11:55 PM

possible 'break in the case' to anyone interested in this....

if you go to the socialclub and got to your GTA 5 tab, followed by 100% checklist, at the bottom is a map for all strangers/freaks, random encounters, and scrap pages. you can refine it by doing FOUND or NOT FOUND, and remove any of the 3 search features. This is just a theory at this point (maybe someone else knows) but anything with a number (i.e: Hitch Hiker 3) wont give you anything, but ones with unique names (i.e: Burial) do reward you with something?

• AlabamaFatts likes this

BLeonard
  • BLeonard

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 September 2013 - 03:48 AM

if you go to the socialclub and got to your GTA 5 tab, followed by 100% checklist, at the bottom is a map for all strangers/freaks, random encounters, and scrap pages. you can refine it by doing FOUND or NOT FOUND, and remove any of the 3 search features. This is just a theory at this point (maybe someone else knows) but anything with a number (i.e: Hitch Hiker 3) wont give you anything, but ones with unique names (i.e: Burial) do reward you with something?

Looking at my Social Club, pretty sure this is a "no."

Looking at mine (and assuming everyone's is the same in the numbering aspect):

"Hitch Lift #1" is the guy that gives you the Tinkle Stock Tip after dropping him at the airport.

"Hitch Lift #2" is Ursula, the one that can be bootycalled by Trevor.

Good thought, though.

So far, the only one I've taken to the cult was the drunk guy that was alone.  I took the couple to the hotel (which might have been a mistake).

I haven't run into the chick that bails on the wedding, but if she's safe to take and the drunk guy that I mentioned is safe to take, that leaves two to trigger the cult mission.  I don't remember if I got anything from the drunk couple, so those could be the other two that are needed to be taken...?  To be honest, I don't recall if it was even possible to take the couple or not.

-Bill

Nemesis2252
  • Nemesis2252

Arch Enemy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 September 2013 - 04:22 AM Edited by Nemesis2252, 26 September 2013 - 04:23 AM.

"Hitch Lift #1" is the guy that gives you the Tinkle Stock Tip after dropping him at the airport.

Good thought, though.

So far, the only one I've taken to the cult was the drunk guy that was alone.  I took the couple to the hotel (which might have been a mistake).

I haven't run into the chick that bails on the wedding, but if she's safe to take and the drunk guy that I mentioned is safe to take, that leaves two to trigger the cult mission.  I don't remember if I got anything from the drunk couple, so those could be the other two that are needed to be taken...?  To be honest, I don't recall if it was even possible to take the couple or not.

-Bill

bah, youre right... i really thought i had something there too. maybe thats the only exception :p gah you might actually have to deliver all the people possible to the cult. looking over the list of people, theres not that many that are people related. a lot are robberies or stopping robberies and security vans...

P.S: these new forums seriously suck.... you used to be able to remove quotes just by deleting the [ quote ] tags, now its all f*cked up. can we revert please, or at least revert to the old coding?

JustRob
  • JustRob

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 04:35 AM

I found a celebrity chick with Trevor in an alleyway, near the cinema. She asked for a ride out of there as she didn't want to be filmed, and while driving she keeps ranting about how hard it is to be a celebrity and that she cut ties with her family because their lives were too boring, blablabla. I took her to the cult, but did I do the right thing? Or did she give a big money reward?

PulpFiction
  • PulpFiction

Original Gangster

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 26 September 2013 - 04:43 AM

The girl whos dad gives you a big rewrad can be found on the outskirts of Paelto Bay and she will be being attacked by 2 guys. You could tell its her also as she will sound like a Italian/New Yorker and will talk about how here dad was a mob boss etc. I wouldn't take her as the reward is to good to take her to the Alturist camp.

She's

Spoiler

Strengthcamp
  • Strengthcamp

Employee

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 04:46 AM

I found a celebrity chick with Trevor in an alleyway, near the cinema. She asked for a ride out of there as she didn't want to be filmed, and while driving she keeps ranting about how hard it is to be a celebrity and that she cut ties with her family because their lives were too boring, blablabla. I took her to the cult, but did I do the right thing? Or did she give a big money reward?

I helped her, got nothing in return, she didn't even let me keep her car. She suggested I call a taxi.  :bored:

Nemesis2252
  • Nemesis2252

Arch Enemy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 September 2013 - 04:57 AM Edited by Nemesis2252, 26 September 2013 - 04:58 AM.

http://www.xbox360ac...d.php?p=6011091

All possible characters to bring to Cult:

-10) Burial - Paleto Bay, Blaine County - All characters - Up to $600 from each dead enemy, and a full special bar upon completion of the mission. The victim will also give you $60,000 sometime later. (If playing as Trevor, you can take the girl to the Altruist Cult instead).

-23) Domestic - Wild Oats Drive, Vinewood Hills - All characters - $80 upon taking him to the Golf course, and Castro Lagano becomes a new Golf opponent with a Hard skill level (If playing as Trevor, you can take the guy to the Alturist Cult instead). 

-25) Drunk Driver 1 - Agula Street, La Puerta - All characters - $80 (If playing as Trevor, you can take the guy to the Altruist Cult instead).

-26) Drunk Driver 2 - Armadillo Avenue, Sandy Shores - All characters - $80 (If playing as Trevor, you can take the guy to the Altruist Cult instead).

-27) Escape Paparazzi - Vinewood Boulevard, Downtown Vinewood - All characters - $750 (If playing as Trevor, you can take the guy to the Altruist Cult instead).

-30) Hitch Lift 1 - Ineseno Road, Banham Canyon - All characters - +5 Driving skill and $100. If you get him to the airport within 02:20, he gives you a tip to invest in Tinkle, which pays out within a week (Tinkle is located on the BAWSAQ market page) (If playing as Trevor, you can take the guy to the Altruist Cult instead).

-31) Hitch Lift 2 - North Calafia Way, Mount Chiliad - All characters - +5 Driving ability, and Ursula as a Booty Call (If playing as Trevor, you can take the girl to the Altruist Cult instead). 

-32) Hitch Lift 3 - East Joshua Roads and San Chianski Mountain Range - All characters - +5 Driving ability (If playing as Trevor, you can take the guy to the Altruist Cult instead).

-33) Hitch Lift 4 - Great Chaparral - All characters - + 5 Driving ability (If playing as Trevor, you can take the guy to the Altruist Cult instead).

-44) Snatched - South Mo Milton Drive, Vinewood Hills - All characters - No reward (If playing as Trevor, you can take the girl to the Altruist Cult instead).

SO... it would seem Hitch Lift 3, Hitch Lift 4, Escape Paparazzi, Drunk Driver 1, Drunk Driver 2, and Domestic (if you dont care about getting a golf opponent whos difficulty is hard) are your options for people without rewards

P.S (again): These new forms REALLY suck... no idea why the colors are different, its just copied and pasted text

BLeonard
  • BLeonard

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 September 2013 - 05:01 AM

Good thought, though.

-Bill

bah, youre right... i really thought i had something there too. maybe thats the only exception :p gah you might actually have to deliver all the people possible to the cult. looking over the list of people, theres not that many that are people related. a lot are robberies or stopping robberies and security vans...

P.S: these new forums seriously suck.... you used to be able to remove quotes just by deleting the [ quote ] tags, now its all f*cked up. can we revert please, or at least revert to the old coding?

Well, after looking through the forums a bit, it seems as if the drunk couple can be taken to the cult.  Since you need four, I'd say that:

The drunk couple (2), the chick that bails on the wedding (1) and the single drunk guy (that starts with a friend) would be 4 safe ones to take to the cult (unless someone's actually gotten something for taking the single drunk guy where he wanted to go).  A 5th possibility would be the celebrity chick mentioned above, that suggests you call a taxi.

TL:DR, just based on what I've seen, it's safe to take:

Drunk couple that has sex (2)

Chick that bails on the wedding (1)

Either the single drunk guy that starts with his friend or the celebrity chick (1)

From what I've seen and read, there's 5 that are probably safe to take, unless again, someone's gotten something from the single drunk guy.

-Bill

BLeonard
  • BLeonard

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 September 2013 - 05:17 AM

http://www.xbox360ac...d.php?p=6011091

All possible characters to bring to Cult:

-10) Burial - Paleto Bay, Blaine County - All characters - Up to $600 from each dead enemy, and a full special bar upon completion of the mission. The victim will also give you $60,000 sometime later. (If playing as Trevor, you can take the girl to the Altruist Cult instead).

-23) Domestic - Wild Oats Drive, Vinewood Hills - All characters - $80 upon taking him to the Golf course, and Castro Lagano becomes a new Golf opponent with a Hard skill level (If playing as Trevor, you can take the guy to the Alturist Cult instead). 

-25) Drunk Driver 1 - Agula Street, La Puerta - All characters - $80 (If playing as Trevor, you can take the guy to the Altruist Cult instead).

-26) Drunk Driver 2 - Armadillo Avenue, Sandy Shores - All characters - $80 (If playing as Trevor, you can take the guy to the Altruist Cult instead).

-27) Escape Paparazzi - Vinewood Boulevard, Downtown Vinewood - All characters - $750 (If playing as Trevor, you can take the guy to the Altruist Cult instead).

-30) Hitch Lift 1 - Ineseno Road, Banham Canyon - All characters - +5 Driving skill and $100. If you get him to the airport within 02:20, he gives you a tip to invest in Tinkle, which pays out within a week (Tinkle is located on the BAWSAQ market page) (If playing as Trevor, you can take the guy to the Altruist Cult instead).

-31) Hitch Lift 2 - North Calafia Way, Mount Chiliad - All characters - +5 Driving ability, and Ursula as a Booty Call (If playing as Trevor, you can take the girl to the Altruist Cult instead). 

-32) Hitch Lift 3 - East Joshua Roads and San Chianski Mountain Range - All characters - +5 Driving ability (If playing as Trevor, you can take the guy to the Altruist Cult instead).

-33) Hitch Lift 4 - Great Chaparral - All characters - + 5 Driving ability (If playing as Trevor, you can take the guy to the Altruist Cult instead).

-44) Snatched - South Mo Milton Drive, Vinewood Hills - All characters - No reward (If playing as Trevor, you can take the girl to the Altruist Cult instead).

SO... it would seem Hitch Lift 3, Hitch Lift 4, Escape Paparazzi, Drunk Driver 1, Drunk Driver 2, and Domestic (if you dont care about getting a golf opponent whos difficulty is hard) are your options for people without rewards

P.S (again): These new forms REALLY suck... no idea why the colors are different, its just copied and pasted text

Based on this, I would choose Hitch Lift 3, Hitch Lift 4, Snatched and either Drunk Driver 1 or 2.  Considering the first 2 only give you +5 driving ability, the third gives you nothing and either drunk only gives you $80 (especially considering you get $1000) for taking him there).  Seems to be the smartest way to max out getting money, while still getting 4 to the cult.

Apparently, the drunk couple that has sex can't go to the cult then...  I had read elsewhere that they could.  I already took them to the hotel, so I honestly don't recall if I was given the option or not, nor do I remember if I got paid anything for taking them there.

-Bill

baseb
  • baseb

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 05:29 AM Edited by baseb, 26 September 2013 - 05:30 AM.

You can take the drunk couple there (I just did this) taking them to their hotel room only gets you $40 so it's not worth it.

BLeonard
  • BLeonard

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 September 2013 - 05:43 AM Edited by BLeonard, 26 September 2013 - 05:48 AM.

You can take the drunk couple there (I just did this) taking them to their hotel room only gets you $40 so it's not worth it.

Yep, just saw a video of it:  http://www.youtube.c...h?v=YGGdEFfxAl0  Dunno why they weren't on the list above...  Also have no idea where they appear on the social club checklist.  I looked, but couldn't find them.

So, I'd take those two, the one labeled "Snatched," and either Hitch Lift 3 or Hitch Lift 4...  All's you're gonna lose out on is $40 and +10 driving, while you get $4k and the mission where Trevor has to fight his way out of the cult himself.

-Bill

Human

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 September 2013 - 05:52 AM

I took everyone to their destinations and received their rewards. I can't seem to take anyone to the cult now however. I hope this doesn't impede on my intentions to get 100% completion. BTW Is there a reward in this game for 100% completion?

Nemesis2252
  • Nemesis2252

Arch Enemy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 September 2013 - 08:56 AM

I took everyone to their destinations and received their rewards. I can't seem to take anyone to the cult now however. I hope this doesn't impede on my intentions to get 100% completion. BTW Is there a reward in this game for 100% completion?

no its not needed for 100%, but there is an achievement for it

Kipsta77
  • Kipsta77

Homie

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 26 September 2013 - 09:14 AM

I took:

-The drunk couple

-A women running from her wedding (Vinewood Hills)

-A drunk guy

TommyK154
  • TommyK154

Peon

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 03:35 AM

well sh*t I wish I knew about this earlier I have most of my random events done already. At the same time I really hate bringing people up there. I took the wedding girl for the achievement but god I felt awful afterwards. That's one thing I don't have in me

Scampi
  • Scampi

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 03:44 AM

I agree, I did it once for the trophy, the hitch hiker woman on the north shore of Alamo and base of Chiliad, no idea who she was, but she was terrified when I dropped her off. I felt terrible about it. I'm kind of interested to know why the cult holds Trevor captive but then again I don't want to take anymore people up there.

• ClaspedPie60 likes this

rojovo74
  • rojovo74

Prankster

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 04:27 AM

Trevor can deliver random encounter people to the Altruist Cult instead of driving them to their destinations. After 4 deliveries, a mission/scene happens where Trevor is brought into the Cult by gunpoint and then have to fight his way out (inside are $100,000, RPG, and Assault Shotgun).... however I have read there are some people that if you deliver to their destinations, they reward you. I have read this includes a girl you can Booty Call, and one girl has her dad call you and reward you big... but I dont know who that is or what they look like.

I'm assuming the $100K is one of the 12 hidden packages (briefcases full of varying amounts of cash)...where exactly is it? Has anybody done that shootout mission while playing as Trevor? According to the guide book, the briefcase is on the porch of the 1st house on the left with the water tower as you enter the camp. When Trevor delivers the people, does he enter via the main gate? I'm trying to get the money during free roam...it's the only one I have yet to find, or is it only available when playing that shootout as Trevor? 

Does anyone have a list of people that you should NOT bring to the Altruist Cult? (also what they look like/what they say so I know what to look for)

DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 05:32 AM

Do they repeat? Cause I didn't know about the cult till after doing a chunk of these.

rojovo74
  • rojovo74

Prankster

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 06:10 AM

I'm not sure if the random encounters are replayable, but if you're playing as Trevor, you have the choice of either taking some people either to their destinations, or taking them to the cult camp. After you deliver the last "victim", the cultists turn on you and you have to fight your way out of the camp. I think someone on here said the strangers and freaks missions can be repeated after a certain amount of in-game time has passed. Can that be confirmed?

zainzombie
  • zainzombie

PRE-ORDER CANCELLED! *sob sob*

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 06:34 AM

The only people I took to Altruist cult were the tourist lovebirds who started having sex in the car while I was driving them to the motel.... or they thought I was driving them to the motel. 

• BenMillard likes this

MaizeG
  • MaizeG

Snitch

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 07:15 AM

Whats the point of taking them to the cannibal camp? i took some i cant remember then i got a mission where they want to kill me. so what happens after that? should i still keep giving them more people or that was it?

TheDeaconBosco
  • TheDeaconBosco

A car so nice, they've named it twice

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 30 September 2013 - 07:29 AM

Whats the point of taking them to the cannibal camp? i took some i cant remember then i got a mission where they want to kill me. so what happens after that? should i still keep giving them more people or that was it?

You've killed them all, you can't deliver more people to them.

samwilzrhcp
  • samwilzrhcp

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 10:23 AM

Cant you just take Hookers? 

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users