No heists on GTA Online launch?

30 replies to this topic
goobface
  • goobface

Rat

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 10:42 PM

Currently Planned GTA Online Content Updates:
Here is a quick overview of a few initial things we’re working on for the first few weeks of Grand Theft Auto Online, alongside an aggressive period of tuning and finessing the game. We will give you dates for all of this content as soon as we have them – bear in mind that the order of things may well change, and we will probably add some extra stuff as well!

• The Content Creator: The Content Creator will launch with tools to tailor and publish your own Deathmatches & Races.

• The Beach Bum Pack: Featuring 4 new amazing beach fun vehicles, over 300 new items of incredible down tempo leisure wear and 2 new but not remotely relaxing weapons.

• Capture the Flag: GTA Online’s take on the classic CTF mode including the ability to make your own using The Content Creator.

• Heists: This update will introduce full-on cooperative Heist missions that will require careful planning, teamwork and sharp execution – along with the Heist Planning Board for your apartment.

Just to be clear, all of these updates will be free. We’ll have more info on this and much more additional content as our plans develop through the launch period, and as we get feedback from you. Please stay tuned for further info and updates. And remember – we need your help to make this experience all it can be.

Thank you everyone,
Rockstar Games

Huge disappointment. I wanted to do heists in free roam in single player, and now they're saying it's not even in the launch of GTA online....

Dodgers2013Champs
  • Dodgers2013Champs

Trick

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 10:52 PM

Are you stupid?

THE DRAGOON
  • THE DRAGOON

He'll be a god to them.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 September 2013 - 10:54 PM

Are you stupid?

Why is he stupid, unless I'm missing something too. 

I thought heists were something that were automatically included in GTA Online. It was advertised as one of the big things for GTA Online in the damn trailer.   

I'm let down too, am I stupid now? 

• hadrianswall likes this

hugh750
  • hugh750

i drive fast in gta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 September 2013 - 10:58 PM

heists will most likely be in gta online's launch unless they mean they want crews to earn cash to buy house so you could plan heists in first??

Prohammad
  • Prohammad

International Chronicologist

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 10:59 PM

It says right in the quote he posted that there will be heists.. So yes, yes you are both stupid.
  • Tabula Rasa likes this

SpidersWeb
  • SpidersWeb

Grumpy Old Man

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 25 September 2013 - 11:00 PM Edited by SpidersWeb, 25 September 2013 - 11:01 PM.

What the OP is trying to point out, is that they're calling at an update that will be in the first few weeks of GTA:Online instead of just being there Oct 1.

People who called people stupid, like the post above, should pay more attention.

JohnGazman
  • JohnGazman

"Jesus Christ Lamar, you gotta stop talkin'!"

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 25 September 2013 - 11:00 PM

It says right in the quote he posted that there will be heists.. So yes, yes you are both stupid.

But not at launch, which is what the thread title was pointing out.

THE DRAGOON
  • THE DRAGOON

He'll be a god to them.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 September 2013 - 11:01 PM

Yeah, good job with that reading comprehension, moron. 

It's about the launch. Yeah, it's going to be in the game. But the fact it's going to take a few MORE weeks before we get to continously do heists, instead of right at launch is disapointing. 

KillaDanny
  • KillaDanny

Lone Wolf

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 11:01 PM

jesus they said first few weeks calm down, besides nobody's gonna do heist the first week you play the game since I doubt you can perform heist at level 1..

TaazR
  • TaazR

$$$

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 25 September 2013 - 11:03 PM

I know it sucks. Oh well me and my crew will just hold up stores till then.

THE DRAGOON
  • THE DRAGOON

He'll be a god to them.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 September 2013 - 11:03 PM

jesus they said first few weeks calm down, besides nobody's gonna do heist the first week you play the game since I doubt you can perform heist at level 1..

Or, how about we do get a bit pissed for once. 

Notice my posts. I've been defending R* and GTA 5 for awhile now, but come on. A few more weeks? Let me remind you of some things.

We can't do heists on a normal basis in GTA 5. We get like, 3 in the SP. Heists seemed like one of the bigger things for the whole damn game. So.. GTA Online says we'll be able to do heists with friends. Sounds fun, sounds continous. 

And it's not even out on the damn launch. I was fine waiting for Multiplayer in two weeks. It's just the fact, me and alot of other people were really waiting for this activity to do. I thought this was the reason we were waiting for MP in the first place. For them to sort out everything. 

SpidersWeb
  • SpidersWeb

Grumpy Old Man

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 25 September 2013 - 11:04 PM

You're probably right, but I don't think Rockstar expected people to finish the story line in a couple of days.

So you'll quite possibly end up with people ready and wanting to do heists, heaps of work getting ready for it, and they can't until the fourth update comes.

I'm sure I'll still be having fun, enjoying it, and getting my moneys worth - but it is a tiny bit sad we can't jump in and tear the place up straight off the bat (I thought this would be all sorted by Oct 1).

ells144
  • ells144

i like franklin because of lamar

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 September 2013 - 11:05 PM

there will be heists on launch but they will add more at a later date. 

Jesse Pinkman
  • Jesse Pinkman

bitch

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 11:06 PM

Lol the servers will be unstable for like 2 weeks anyway, so I dont really care.

Pinnkiepie
  • Pinnkiepie

PIE

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 September 2013 - 11:06 PM Edited by Pinnkiepie, 25 September 2013 - 11:07 PM.

Expect 1-3 weeks.

Have to settle with the 700 Missions for starters until then :D

Heists will probably not be unlocked until a higher reputation level as well, so you wouldn't be able to do them from the get-go anyways.

The higher Reputation Level you get, more and more things will unlock (ie the more advanced Missions etc)

SpidersWeb
  • SpidersWeb

Grumpy Old Man

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 25 September 2013 - 11:08 PM

there will be heists on launch but they will add more at a later date. 

That'd be fine.

I will say the quote from Rockstar isn't completely definitive.

Like is it:

"Updates will be ready for the first few weeks of GTAO"

or

"Updates will come out in the first few weeks of GTAO"

TenEightyOne
  • TenEightyOne

We're bouncing now?

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 11:16 PM

Erm, read it again.

KillaDanny
  • KillaDanny

Lone Wolf

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 11:18 PM Edited by KillaDanny, 25 September 2013 - 11:19 PM.

Notice my posts. I've been defending R* and GTA 5 for awhile now, but come on. A few more weeks? Let me remind you of some things.

We can't do heists on a normal basis in GTA 5. We get like, 3 in the SP. Heists seemed like one of the bigger things for the whole damn game. So.. GTA Online says we'll be able to do heists with friends. Sounds fun, sounds continous. 

And it's not even out on the damn launch. I was fine waiting for Multiplayer in two weeks. It's just the fact, me and alot of other people were really waiting for this activity to do. I thought this was the reason we were waiting for MP in the first place. For them to sort out everything. 

yeah man but as I said, at the start (even if heist would be avaliable) nobody would do that because they probably have a minimum level and you need a house and everything to plan them... Of course I was not happy when I saw that heist come a few weaks later but yeah I waited 5 years for this game I'm ok with a few more weeks to get another feature (I'm happy it's even in there) and besides there are over 500 missions to do, I think I'll do fine without for 1 or 2 week  :lol:

THE DRAGOON
  • THE DRAGOON

He'll be a god to them.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 September 2013 - 11:21 PM

yeah man but as I said, at the start (even if heist would be avaliable) nobody would do that because they probably have a minimum level and you need a house and everything to plan them... Of course I was not happy when I saw that heist come a few weaks later but yeah I waited 5 years for this game I'm ok with a few more weeks to get another feature (I'm happy it's even in there) and besides there are over 500 missions to do, I think I'll do fine without for 1 or 2 week  :lol:

I get ya. Like I said, I was the guy who was REALLLY pumped for the heists in GTA 5 in general. After a somewhat let down in SP, I was really looking foward to MP. 

Getting the car for people, and planning out the escape route would've been grand to do right off the start. That's what me and my group of friends were planning on doing to make some cash right away. Kinda bums me out. Like I said, I thought this was what the wait for multiplayer in the first place was for. 

Why So Serious
  • Why So Serious

Rat

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 11:26 PM

"The order of updates may CHANGE? we could get it in like a week, its probably the first update

davetopper
  • davetopper

Playa

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 September 2013 - 11:36 PM

These things listed here are in the first few weeks. So they may be available from day one. A little vague on their part. 

KillaDanny
  • KillaDanny

Lone Wolf

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 12:26 AM Edited by KillaDanny, 26 September 2013 - 02:57 AM.

I get ya. Like I said, I was the guy who was REALLLY pumped for the heists in GTA 5 in general. After a somewhat let down in SP, I was really looking foward to MP. 

Getting the car for people, and planning out the escape route would've been grand to do right off the start. That's what me and my group of friends were planning on doing to make some cash right away. Kinda bums me out. Like I said, I thought this was what the wait for multiplayer in the first place was for. 

Yeah me too, planing heists is definitily the feature that I'm looking forward the most in GTAO 

hugh750
  • hugh750

i drive fast in gta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 September 2013 - 01:03 AM

at least we should be able to do small change stickups at places like gas stations or at 24/7 stores.

Munx
  • Munx

Homie

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 01:05 AM

at least we should be able to do small change stickups at places like gas stations or at 24/7 stores.

We will be able to do that, aswell as plenty other things.. heists should be considered the endgame, you wont even be able to plan a heist without a high end appartment, dont see why people are freaking out...

• Tabula Rasa likes this

hadrianswall
  • hadrianswall

Rat

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 01:08 AM

ohh the irony 

snacker111
  • snacker111

GTA

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 September 2013 - 01:25 AM Edited by snacker111, 26 September 2013 - 01:26 AM.

nice reading skills paki, it says at launch. So yes YOU are stupid.

Pinnkiepie
  • Pinnkiepie

PIE

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 September 2013 - 01:34 AM Edited by Pinnkiepie, 26 September 2013 - 01:36 AM.

Here is a quick overview of a few initial things we’re working on for the first few weeks of Grand Theft Auto Online, alongside an aggressive period of tuning and finessing the game.

We will give you dates for all of this content as soon as we have them – bear in mind that the order of things may well change, and we will probably add some extra stuff as well!

• The Content Creator: The Content Creator will launch with tools to tailor and publish your own Deathmatches & Races.

• The Beach Bum Pack: Featuring 4 new amazing beach fun vehicles, over 300 new items of incredible down tempo leisure wear and 2 new but not remotely relaxing weapons.

• Capture the Flag: GTA Online’s take on the classic CTF mode including the ability to make your own using The Content Creator.

• Heists: This update will introduce full-on cooperative Heist missions that will require careful planning, teamwork and sharp execution – along with the Heist Planning Board for your apartment.

Order may change, as in The Content Creator may not come first, but Heists, or CTF etc but all of these are what they're working on for the first few weeks.

goobface
  • goobface

Rat

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 09:26 PM

bump

Stylish Bum
  • Stylish Bum

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 04:31 AM

Id agree w/ you but i am already level 15 with a small apartment  2car garage and like 15 k so by the time they come out with heists i will be beyond this, and the missions pay terrible and robbing the same covienence store over and over is getting repetive and boring.

UndeadElement
  • UndeadElement

The Company.

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 04:44 AM

Id agree w/ you but i am already level 15 with a small apartment  2car garage and like 15 k so by the time they come out with heists i will be beyond this, and the missions pay terrible and robbing the same covienence store over and over is getting repetive and boring.

how do you get enough money for an apartment how much is the cheapest one? the best way to find money i found is every hour steal a car take it to los santos customs and sell it for 3k but you cant keep grinding it, you have to wait a while before you can sell them another car, but i love how R* were defending the cash dlc and Said you can easily make enough money to get the good stuff in the game, without buying the packs, thats bullsh*t you get like 1-2k every mission die once you lose 1k wtf, good luck having fun with your friends in playing around in free roam, you'll just lose all your money

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users