Photo

Police have single handedly ruined the free roam experience for me

191 replies to this topic
snacker111
  • snacker111

GTA

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 September 2013 - 01:12 AM

police have a headquarters inside a cave inside mount chiliad only I know where it is im not telling you because im cool

MrMdm
  • MrMdm

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 01:20 AM

I think you guys are just horrible at the game and can't lose the cops.

Damn, another retard that doesn't understand the issue being debated in this thread.

TrevorGTA
  • TrevorGTA

Snitch

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 01:22 AM

I like it, its more realistic

topdownshooter
  • topdownshooter

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 01:22 AM

Damn, another retard that doesn't understand the issue being debated in this thread.

Lol it's not that hard to lose the cops bro.
  • GTAIVman likes this

MrMdm
  • MrMdm

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 01:25 AM

Thanks for proving my point. You are in fact, retarded.

topdownshooter
  • topdownshooter

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 01:32 AM

Thanks for proving my point. You are in fact, retarded.

Says the dude that can't even outsmart artificial intelligence.

BayKonStrip
  • BayKonStrip

Master of Mowdown

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 01:38 AM

the cops are way real in this game....the maneuvers they do while chasing u by car are beast, but also annoying lol...one cop always stays ahead of u to slow u down...what i hate are the kamikaze cops that ram ur rearend hard over and over again and eventually explode killing u :(

MrMdm
  • MrMdm

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 01:54 AM Edited by MrMdm, 26 September 2013 - 01:57 AM.

So this just happened now, I robbed a store, no stars before doing that, then got the usual 2, and when I exited, there were 4 f*ckING POLICE CARS WAITING FOR ME RIGHT THERE! WTF IS THIS sh*t???? I never seen this crap before, did the f*ckers just f*cking spawned right there?? Holy f*ck, they did! Seriously, the moment I exited I saw all that sh*t, 5 police dudes already aiming at me, red/blue flashing dots all over the map, bam Im dead, I didnt even had time to react. What a a load of bullsh*t!

Grand Cannon
  • Grand Cannon

Everywhere and Nowhere

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 02:49 AM

Police are in contact with control every few minutes, if they don't respond to control then units will move very fast to their last known location.

And given that time advances very quikly in GTA compared to real life, it's not unrealistic for police to be on scene very quickly.

A 10 second response time between their closest HQ and the top of a Mountain? Not unrealistic at all. Also realism isnt the problem and shouldnt be put in the same sentence as a GTA game.

You know most stores have a little button that the cashier can press if an emergency arises right?

Riiigggghhhtttt......?

So what does he press it with his dick?

Yes.

NADOLNY
  • NADOLNY

Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 September 2013 - 02:49 AM

Im sick of the gtav police

I<3GTAV
  • I<3GTAV

I LOVE GARY PAYTON NO ONE UNDERSTANDS

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 September 2013 - 02:57 AM

I do think that shooting someone in the middle of nowhere and getting wanted is pretty stupid. However, to those complaining about aggressive police, it's not that hard to escape. It takes a little more skill, much more fun in the end.

joejoebaggin
  • joejoebaggin

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 02:58 AM

This game is f*cking pissing me off. Why? Its f*cking damn good but those f*cking police that seem to have spider senses / ninjah skills and god like respawns are f*ckING up the free roam for me. Seriously you get wanted FOR f*ckING ANYTHING.

Silence snipe a cop from afar in a descrete location? 2-3 stars

Silence pistol a hiker..... ONTOP OF A f*ckING MOUNTAIN / DESERT? 1 star. brb police know your location / lol were already up the mountain brah cuz spawns...... 

Rob a 24/7 in the desert with no witnesses? 2 stars the minute you pick the money bag up cuz scripted

Run a guy over on the street? Star / police already there before the car actually makes contact (true story albiet exaggerated to prove the point)

f*ck THESE COPS f*ck THIS STUPID FLAWED SYSTEM f*ck THERE NINJA SPIDEY SENSES f*ck EM. This problem was in GTA IV and made committing crimes a chore and they havent fixed sh*t / if anything made it even funnier because either the police have a invisible HQ on Mount Chilliad or they spawn there if you commit a crime on it. 

Btw for the people that will comment (I have ninja spidey senses too.... that and I know this forum is filled with fanboys who dont like when a negative opinion about this game arises.... lol at a comment I read saying this game has better water graphics than crysis 3....)

"Omfg its realistic you cant get away with murderzzzzz / cctv cameras on Mount Chilliad (lol)"

1. You brought up realism in a GTA based debate you automatically fail. Now brb while I whip an RPG out my ass and jay walk across the road only to have the cops not give a f*ck

"Omfg I have played like 1337 hours and not encountered this problem"

You have. You just choose to tolerate it, just like you take Rockstars cock without requesting lube first.

Now brb while I evade this f*cking 2 star rating. Only to find a hiding spot across the map, wait like 1-2 f*cking minutes then have a AWOL officer 'stumble' (his AI leads him to me he just acts like he doesnt know were I am) upon me resetting my wanted level / possibly making me rage load.

Also this problem isnt with evading the cops. It is with how you GET wanted. Remember this.

P.S Yes I paused my game to write this rant and make it a thread, its srsly pissing me off.

you are just bad at this game.

DymeDef
  • DymeDef

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 03:02 AM

Lol, you're exaggerating quite a bit. Or you just suck at getting away before they arrive to the scene.

Pro tip

Change cars

Boom

KillaDanny
  • KillaDanny

Lone Wolf

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 03:11 AM

LOL cops are so easy to escape what the hell are you on about

• ps2_master94 likes this

calearne
  • calearne

GTAO is a complete disgrace compared to GTA IV multiplayer.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 September 2013 - 03:16 AM

Why would I get a wanted level for crash landing my own helicopter in the middle of the desert?

If anything I'm expecting EMS to show up and heal me.

Hakosuka
  • Hakosuka

Trick

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 03:44 AM

Soooo many people here don't understand the point of this thread. He's not complaining about how hard it is to escape from the cops, but he's complaining about how impossible things will get you a wanted level. Isn't it retarded that as soon as your bullet hits somebody in the middle of nowhere, that you get an automatic wanted level at that exact second? It's pretty stupid if you ask me. 

Gilligan
  • Gilligan

Midnight Toker

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 26 September 2013 - 03:47 AM

I have to say, you do indeed seem "pissed off".

lazedout
  • lazedout

Snitch

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 04:15 AM Edited by lazedout, 26 September 2013 - 04:16 AM.

Police are in contact with control every few minutes, if they don't respond to control then units will move very fast to their last known location.

And given that time advances very quikly in GTA compared to real life, it's not unrealistic for police to be on scene very quickly.

Are you f*ckin stupid? In that video the guy was wanted before the bodies f*cking HIT THE GROUND. Jesus christ, I swear fanboyism is a new religion. Cognitive dissonance at its finest. 

Mcquiz
  • Mcquiz

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 26 September 2013 - 04:36 AM

So I've gotten a wanted level for watching my stocks near a Sprunk machine and the just yesterday, I went to a hiker as Trevor and called him an idiot. He said "Screw this, I'm gonna call the cops" and he did. Only reason why I didn't get a wanted level then was because I beat him to death.

Nasir_Jones
  • Nasir_Jones

Gta V Mexican Cartel Member

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 04:51 AM

My only problem with the cops is the time it takes for your wanted level to go down. That pisses me off cause it takes like 2 minutes (30 seconds I think) for your wanted level to go away. I get a good hiding spot and a cop magically appears around the corner, and if it didn't take so long to lose all my stars, I could get away from the cops easier.

MrMdm
  • MrMdm

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 05:48 AM Edited by MrMdm, 26 September 2013 - 05:56 AM.

So this just happened now, I robbed a store, no stars before doing that, then got the usual 2, and when I exited, there were 4 f*ckING POLICE CARS WAITING FOR ME RIGHT THERE! WTF IS THIS sh*t???? I never seen this crap before, did the f*ckers just f*cking spawned right there?? Holy f*ck, they did! Seriously, the moment I exited I saw all that sh*t, 5 police dudes already aiming at me, red/blue flashing dots all over the map, bam Im dead, I didnt even had time to react. What a a load of bullsh*t!

And it happened again! WTF IS THIS sh*t?? So the f*cking cops have a chance to spawn right after you exit the f*cking store??? What a load of crap! You cant even do jack sh*t! So this is the scenario: You enter the store with no stars what so ever, get out with cash, and theres a probability that there will be 3/4 police cars with 3/4 cops already aiming at you! f*cking sh*t.

edit: So from now on I will always kill the owner. If this happens again with him dead, this is a f*cking joke.

Thebull94
  • Thebull94

Mack Pimp

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 September 2013 - 05:54 AM

Lol am I being trolled or are people on this forum that retarded and cant even read highlighted, bold, underlined and size 24 text? its pretty amusing.

GTA_REEFER
  • GTA_REEFER

Eye in the sky

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 26 September 2013 - 06:12 AM Edited by GTA_REEFER, 26 September 2013 - 06:25 AM.

I am slightly disappointed that I can't go on major cop rampages. cops will tear your ass up in this game. although I do like the new system

GyroDemon
  • GyroDemon

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 06:16 AM

Other than getting one star from a guy who called the cops on me for walking up to him and not moving, and another time losing the cops on a main road and parking in a well hidden parking-lot and having them literally "search" the area by just driving right where I went. It would be impossible to know that I took 3 right turns and hid away in a little cubby hole when I lost them a while ago, I could of gone anywhere. Anyways I think its ok.

Osho
  • Osho

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 September 2013 - 06:18 AM

I do not get whats so worse about Police AI or cops?

Granted some things are not up to the mark but it's way better than previous GTA's which was 'worse'!

Rockstar still has time and are aware of many inconveniences in the game players are complaining about and most likely they are working on it.

Heres hoping for the best to come on October 1st :)

Momobearqt
  • Momobearqt

Serbian Style

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 06:44 AM

Btw for the people that will comment (I have ninja spidey senses too.... that and I know this forum is filled with fanboys who dont like when a negative opinion about this game arises.... lol at a comment I read saying this game has better water graphics than crysis 3....)

So, you're saying that people who like the game are not allowed to disagree with negative opinion otherwise we're gonna be called fanboys. Nice f*cking logic you got there. You just got butthurt by the game and now you're whining here on the forum hoping that people will agree with you. Yes, i encountered this problem many times, and instead of pausing the game, destroying the controller(i bet you did, because i see you have some problems with nerves) and whining on the forum, i just ran from the cops because it's a f*cking -Grand Theft Auto- and the pursuits should be somewhat fun. You're expecting to rob a 24/7 store and not being chased by a police, then what's the point of that? Do you really need 500 $ you robbed or what?!

Commit a Crime = Be chased by a police, that's the GTA, if you have problems with that, then just don't play, nobody forces you here to play it.

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 07:17 AM

This is your third or fourth thread about this.

I told you to come up with something different when you made 50 threads about the driving, I'm glad you took my advice.

Anyway, the cops in this game are ...Well, I don't know how to describe it.

They're almost non-existent at 1 star.

Sometimes they come after you for standing in the same spot for too long, and sometimes they don't give a f*ck if you mow down a dozen pedestrians.

On the higher stars though, it gets pretty hard to shake them.

But thankfully, the state of San Andreas is riddled with alleys, hidden high-grounds, and thick bushes which you can actually hide in (This was surprising at first, pleasantly).

So when you manage to shake them off, you easily evade them if you keep an eye on your radar and their lines of sight.

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 07:20 AM Edited by IDredMan, 26 September 2013 - 07:21 AM.

Gosh darn double post.

John The Grudge
  • John The Grudge

Soldier

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 08:05 AM Edited by John The Grudge, 26 September 2013 - 08:10 AM.

I have mixed feelings about the police in GTA V.  I've noticed that on occasion they ram me in the rear ( :blush:) with force that doesn't seem possible given my speed.  Simply stealing a vehicle can escalate into a drawn out police chase.  Those two points are frustrating.

On the other hand the police A.I seems to be greatly improved.  I've found that they cannot see through walls (even if you're within their line of sight).  Though this isn't always a reliable tactic.  This allows me to hide from them while they drive past my location.  Then I just wait until I have to move or it's all clear.  It's a bit like how Ryan Gosling's character evades the police in the film Drive.  I think that if you learn to play like that instead of simply trying to outrun them then it will be more enjoyable.

a3HeadedMonkey
  • a3HeadedMonkey

People Smuggler

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 08:31 AM

You get stars when you shouldn't,

The stars you get take too long to lose afterwards,

And the police do too much damage with their bullsh*t, AI, robo-aim.

Apart from these HUGE issues, I actually like the new cone of vision/hiding police mechanic. It just needs fixing & tweaking. BADLY.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users