Confirmed: Microtransactions are coming to GTA Online

29 replies to this topic
CK887
  • CK887

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:30 PM

The rumours are true, microtrransactions coming to GTA:O

Based on how you can steral money from peoiple can its going to be interesting if R* find a way to block bought money being stolen

http://au.ign.com/ar...crotransactions

r34ld34l
  • r34ld34l

PC Gamer

• Members
  • Slovenia

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:34 PM

Money bought will go straight to ATM (Banks).

FutoDriver
  • FutoDriver

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:37 PM

Yeah, they won't allow you to take someone's credit they paid for that would be utterly ridiculous. It'll be the same as stealing from the free to play players and involve just mission money etc.

KennethMBB
  • KennethMBB

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:38 PM

It is cool to see that video showing content cockstar couldnt f*cking put in SP. I mean seriously wtf, why isn't this sh*t in SP and only online? 

17th
  • 17th

Thug

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:40 PM

It is cool to see that video showing content cockstar couldnt f*cking put in SP. I mean seriously wtf, why isn't this sh*t in SP and only online? 

Because online = money, they don't care about customer, they care about money.

• SilverRST likes this

KennethMBB
  • KennethMBB

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:42 PM

online = money? You don't have to spend anymore rl money to play online it is free. They are losing money running servers and all that other nonsense so we can play. It just fathoms me they left so much sh*t out for just online when this is the stuff we request for SP. It is like they weren't f*cking listening to anyone and want to follow in CoDs and BFs footsteps. Along with all those other BS online games. 

Wannabe in LS
  • Wannabe in LS

Trick

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:43 PM

Sweet that the three content packs just after launch are free of charge. The Beach Bum pack sounds the best to me.

17th
  • 17th

Thug

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:44 PM

online = money? You don't have to spend anymore rl money to play online it is free. They are losing money running servers and all that other nonsense so we can play. It just fathoms me they left so much sh*t out for just online when this is the stuff we request for SP. It is like they weren't f*cking listening to anyone and want to follow in CoDs and BFs footsteps. Along with all those other BS online games. 

Because they will release sh*tload of small DLC's like one new weapon and four new cars, and because it's GTA it will break sales record on XBL/PSN

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

32nd President of Los Santos

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:50 PM

So according to your logic, it's a bad thing if they break records on consoles? You are one jealous motherf*cker lol ^

Not every DLC or MT are going to cost money. The first few downloads are already free you twat.

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Mods]
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:51 PM

What don't you guys get though? Rockstar have done big DLC, both TLAD and TBOGT are perfect examples of how DLC should be done, yet they BOMBED badly. Even Undead Nightmare for RDR sold poorly.

That's three attempts at large and affordable DLC, and each time it has failed. I don't blame Rockstar for trying out the quicker rip off style, because hey, doing the big stuff just isn't what gamers want according to the sales figures!

• Android likes this

FrozenInferno
  • FrozenInferno

Heisenberg

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:55 PM

People need to understand that Rockstar and its parent company have an obligation to its shareholders to make money, it's what business is all about. If they came out with some kind of overpowered features that create a "pay-to-win" situation then yeah I'd understand its a problem. All they're offering here (so far) is the chance to buy some in-game currency that can be used on the same things as money earned in-game.

This is a once-in-a-generation game with a massive fan base, NO COMPANY is going to pass up a chance to make a lot of money because some Internet whiners might cry about it.

They are not forcing this on everyone so relax. Be thankful there's no subscription fee and play the game to earn your cash if you don't want to spend more on the game. And remember this is a BUSINESS and businesses will ALWAYS look for more ways to make money. It's a fact of life.
  • PaleFaceKillah likes this

AllenKS
  • AllenKS

SoLoville

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 11:20 PM

Why are people tripping over the microtransactions? Are you really that deluded that you think Rockstar wouldn't monetize GTA Online somehow? This is probably the best case scenario on how they chose to go about it. Microtransactions in this instance is a GOOD thing.

That means that only the whales will pay for GTA Online, and Rockstar can keep the core updates free. The alternative would either be releasing the upgrade packs as DLC with a price tag, or making you pay a monthly fee for GTA Online down the road.

I suspect eventually they'll still add DLC packs that you have to pay for, things that add maps and new story NPCs like what Lamar and that "Keep your mouth shut about me you hear?" guy do in GTA Online to further that character's story, but other than that, content updates will probably remain free.

Prywante
  • Prywante

:)

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 09:16 AM

Its very stupid idea :(.

mdudee2072
  • mdudee2072

Rat

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 09:25 AM

i dont mind,its not going to be effecting my gameplay and i dont have to hand over my money,
after all,all's it is is ingame cash

kamyar07
  • kamyar07

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 10:27 AM

Why do ppl even think gta o would be subscription based? Vanilla starcraft servers are still running from 15 yrs ago even after multiple expansions and new releases from blizzard. Most companies dont charge you to play on their servers but just to buy the game. Any company that falls outside this business model can fuc off.

All you ppl defending r* using any logic you can grasp need to just sit in the sidelines bc complaining and competition force real results especially now in a time when r* is experimenting how far up ur ass they can go

Luna Lovegood
  • Luna Lovegood

You're just sane as i am

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 26 September 2013 - 11:02 AM

so its money only right? not a problem for me

better than most F2P Games pay2win guns

Kratos2000
  • Kratos2000

;)

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 11:06 AM Edited by Kratos2000, 26 September 2013 - 11:06 AM.

R* has pools of money, and even though they said this sh*t won't change the balance of the game, I believe they could have not done this and go have fun with their millions.

lh1
  • lh1

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 11:17 AM

I expect the "Max Payne 3 DLC cancellation" scene is coming. 

Blacc94
  • Blacc94

G

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 11:23 AM

I'm not seeing what's the big deal...

Redwood Cigarettes
  • Redwood Cigarettes

The R★ Games Collector.

• Members
  • England

Posted 26 September 2013 - 11:26 AM

I will enjoy killing all the Pay2Win SWAGGOTS.  :miranda:  :devil:

cloudinfluence
  • cloudinfluence

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 11:43 AM

I don't see why this is such a problem to gamers, it's not really gamebreaking, just a faster way to get things.

Hitchens
  • Hitchens

Snitch

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 12:00 PM

/thread

Redwood Cigarettes
  • Redwood Cigarettes

The R★ Games Collector.

• Members
  • England

Posted 26 September 2013 - 12:08 PM Edited by Sam_S_Rosevelt, 26 September 2013 - 12:09 PM.

Just to update this:

138001063461.png

The details were spotted in webpage data for the game's online store (spotted byReddit).

The packs are not currently viewable in-game, but are on Rockstar's website in a publicly viewable XML file.

• $100,000 Red Shark Cash Card - £1.99
  • $200,000 Tiger Shark Cash Card - £3.49
  • $500,000 Bull Shark Cash Card - £6.99
  • $1,250,000 Great White Shark Cash Card - £13.49

These details originate from a source with early access to Grand Theft Auto 5's multiplayer mode. While details may still be tweaked prior to its final release, this is how things currently stand less than a week before it goes live.

Sources:

http://www.eurogamer...prices-revealed

SkylineGTRFreak
  • SkylineGTRFreak

Military geek

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 26 September 2013 - 12:29 PM

good thing: I have 2 bucks left on PSN and have not a f*cking single clue what to spend them on. SO hey, 100k, here I come. I actually don't want to support this, but pft. 2 bucks are meh.

kopkiller666
  • kopkiller666

I kill Police Officers

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 06:23 PM

I'm glad they are doing this I'll definitely buy some money, I have a job and a debit card and it supports the company and online mode so why not? I also hope they add tons of customizable things that cost money like costumes and cars etc. I'd buy all of that I wouldn't care if it cost 15 a month subscription I'd pay for that too cause I have a job and it's no big deal.

poff
  • poff

Squid

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 06:26 PM

This ain't EA.

WitchHunter Neo
  • WitchHunter Neo

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 06:36 PM

Micro-transactions are really not a big deal, at least not in this case. People have been quick to shout out that Rockstar only care about the money and not the game. What a ridiculous thing to say. Clearly those individuals have not played the same GTA V that I have.

The content included in the SP storyline is vast. + DLC and title updates will come down the line eventually.

Besides I've read that the micro-transactions do not mean pay to win.

No drama.

Hitchens
  • Hitchens

Snitch

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 11:27 AM

I have a lot of concerns with GTA Online and think that the game is going to be unbalanced on release day. Not only because players can on day one buy all the best loot from the jump with micro transactions

JWitfield
  • JWitfield

Killer of Idiots with Trainers

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 September 2013 - 11:25 PM

My thoughts on this, yes its unbalanced..

The guy above me stated people buy say 1 mil.. we all start off wit nothing or pistol meanwhile a guy who has a million bucks can have all the weapons in the game...

Unbalanced? nope not at all...

beatthedevil56
  • beatthedevil56

Your Personal Jesus

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 02:30 AM

I am buying that Shark Card. 1.2 Million. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users