Photo

Top Speed (Discussion)

82 replies to this topic
PxX_Blood_N_Gore_PX
  • PxX_Blood_N_Gore_PX

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 25 July 2014 - 04:35 AM

1044uuw.png I feel that I might be going a bit too fast, just a bit.

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

Come with me! Move it!

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 25 July 2014 - 12:08 PM Edited by B Dawg, 25 July 2014 - 12:09 PM.

These aren't real cars. The in-game stores lie. The consoles can't handle those speeds as it would need to load and unload everything much quicker.

Look at the game files. Handling.dat specificly. The adder is configured to 160 km/h and the Entity to 155 km/h as absolute top speeds.

Personally I'd rather deal with texture pop-ins and have really fast cars than slow ones on a gigantic map. The Comet in IV can reach 190KM/H (thnx to bumps in the road and it's suspension)

TheMcSame
  • TheMcSame

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 July 2014 - 06:56 AM

Spoiler
l that I might be going a bit too fast, just a bit.

Probably did one of the launch glitches.

Sofa
  • Sofa

innocent bystander

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 27 July 2014 - 02:23 PM

Ahah!! I knew there was no way in hell i was going at actual speed just under 300mph, it was FAST, but not THAT fast. Been viewing the speed at the stat page as ficticious.

Really, so you can just turn the actual number value from the imperial miles to metric kilometres per hour, and you get the actual speed?

Makes more sense i was moving at 300 km/h when I ran out of franklins special ability and slammed into a bus totally unable to stop, flying out the windshield and skidding a 100 feet on his ass.... strangely, he survived nearly unscathed, stood up and brushed it off while commenting that yeah, that did indeed hurt.

But 300 miles per hour is something like 480 km/h (!).... Yeah right. No way i was moving at that speed.

MulleDK19
  • MulleDK19

1337 Programmer

• Members

Posted 13 August 2014 - 02:28 AM Edited by MulleDK19, 13 August 2014 - 02:29 AM.

Really, so you can just turn the actual number value from the imperial miles to metric kilometres per hour, and you get the actual speed?

No. The value shown in your statistics is the actual speed multiplied by 1.75 to cheat you into thinking you're going fast. So to get your actual speed, take the speed in your statistics and divide it by 1.75. If the statistics says 200mph, you do 200 / 1.75 = 114.2857mph or 183.9250 km/h.

Also, no way in hell your stats says 300mph, because that would make the actual speed 275km/h, and the fastest car is around 195 km/h.

Sofa
  • Sofa

innocent bystander

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 13 August 2014 - 03:24 AM

No. The value shown in your statistics is the actual speed multiplied by 1.75 to cheat you into thinking you're going fast. So to get your actual speed, take the speed in your statistics and divide it by 1.75. If the statistics says 200mph, you do 200 / 1.75 = 114.2857mph or 183.9250 km/h.

Ok, got it now, thanks, was not at peak function when posting i reckon, it seems i was dividing by the difference between mile and km(thinking 1.6). Lollogic fail.

Also, no way in hell your stats says 300mph, because that would make the actual speed 275km/h, and the fastest car is around 195 km/h.

Yes, you are correct. It does in fact not say 300mph, it was from memory, my mistake i am sorry. In fact it says 295.43mph(zentorno), so i guess not in hell. xD

The fastest car may certainly be topping out at 195km/t, i have no idea, but top speed limit is removed when using franklins ability, and any car can hit the same speed as my record, in theory i guess. Not that relevant, but my second best is 153.54mph in a bati 801, as trevor.

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

Come with me! Move it!

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 13 August 2014 - 01:20 PM

These aren't real cars. The in-game stores lie. The consoles can't handle those speeds as it would need to load and unload everything much quicker.

Look at the game files. Handling.dat specificly. The adder is configured to 160 km/h and the Entity to 155 km/h as absolute top speeds.

Personally I'd rather deal with texture pop-ins and have really fast cars than slow ones on a gigantic map. The Comet in IV can reach 190KM/H (thnx to bumps in the road and it's suspension)

Now that I think about it, if cars were faster, there still wouldn't be texture pop-in issues because of the massive draw distance. Flying around in helicopters and planes renders far more of the game world than it does when you're in a car.

zoobulon
  • zoobulon

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 August 2014 - 04:23 PM

Found this half hour ago, 

Looks like we have a winner, and it's "Bugatti"

It says "Bugatti" has the "highest SPEED"  which is 8.6

Link for all cars;

http://www.ign.com/w.../gta-5/Vehicles

There are two "Bugattis" in the game, the adder and the z-type. If the adder is faster than the entity it's only by a c*nt-hair.

MulleDK19
  • MulleDK19

1337 Programmer

• Members

Posted 15 August 2014 - 04:27 PM

Now that I think about it, if cars were faster, there still wouldn't be texture pop-in issues because of the massive draw distance. Flying around in helicopters and planes renders far more of the game world than it does when you're in a car.

Terrain, yes, not cars and people.

silverlux
  • silverlux

Player Hater

• New Members
  • Romania

Posted 22 September 2014 - 03:23 PM

I'm really curious if this will get any changes on the new generation consoles.. I was always asking myself why the only thing that was 'unmodable' in GTA SA was the top speed, now I understand.

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

Come with me! Move it!

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 23 September 2014 - 08:41 AM Edited by B Dawg, 23 September 2014 - 08:42 AM.

I'm really curious if this will get any changes on the new generation consoles.. I was always asking myself why the only thing that was 'unmodable' in GTA SA was the top speed, now I understand.

You couldn't mod performance at all in GTA SA. Nitrous doesn't really count, faster acceleration and a bit of top speed for harder handling for a limited amount of time, unless you meant GTA V?

Pretty sure Next-gen will be the same.

R*: Feel fast, go slow!

Aragrox
  • Aragrox

F*ck That

• Members

Posted 2 weeks ago

How do you know the in-game files are correct?

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

♢ Corverra ♢

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

The top speed recordings on Rockstar's site are so full of sh*t. Why can't they get their sh*t together? They're not indie developers, they should be experienced as hell.

LSchronic89
  • LSchronic89

fastANDfurious

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

the adder is the fastest car. ive gone 301mph in it with franklin. haven't seen any higher than that on this other discussion I posted to except the off the wall 900+mph that isn't realistic.

theworldfamous
  • theworldfamous

all your game are belong to I

• Members

Posted A week ago

Top speed is the most useless quality in a car in GTA. You need handling, acceleration and torque to be fast around the map.
  • LSchronic89 likes this

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

Come with me! Move it!

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted A week ago

Top speed is the most useless quality in a car in GTA. You need handling, acceleration and torque to be fast around the map.

Not when your car can only go 190 KM/H. GTA cars need a lot more speed, they really need to fix this for the next GTA.

TheMcSame
  • TheMcSame

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted A week ago

Not when your car can only go 190 KM/H. GTA cars need a lot more speed, they really need to fix this for the next GTA.

It probably will be fixed. The hardware was probably holding them back with the seventh gen version.

TheTruthOnly
  • TheTruthOnly

Street Cat

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted A week ago

It probably will be fixed. The hardware was probably holding them back with the seventh gen version.

Maybe they increase cars speed a little. Overall game engine speed limit is around 290km/h, but only planes can achieve it

LSchronic89
  • LSchronic89

fastANDfurious

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

yea top speed doesn't really matter when racing. acc traction and brakes is where it really counts

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

♢ Corverra ♢

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

yea top speed doesn't really matter when racing. acc traction and brakes is where it really counts

It's really the overall handling that matters when it comes to racing. And to be honest most cars in V either suck at it or are unrealistically good at it. It's awful, the handling is V is just mediocre and makes racing feel like I'm driving a bunch of go carts.

LSchronic89
  • LSchronic89

fastANDfurious

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

it doesn't really bother me as much as it did in the games before V. but I play a lot of forza and V is far from it but then again that's what forza is all about

Aragrox
  • Aragrox

F*ck That

• Members

Posted A week ago

The top speed in the game will always be the fastest object in the game, which are the planes I believe(I hope), from there everything else is reduced to create realism( which doesn't really exist). It also hard to find the top speed in the game because there is no road straight (360 degrees) and long enough to do it.

I remember me and my buddy was drag racing, I had a fully tuned Dominator and he had a Zentorno tune to lvl 2. At the start I was ahead, then he went ahead and gained some distanced. Then, I started catching up little by little almost close to beating his sometimes. but we ran out of runway. I don't if that was suppose to happen but then I'm not surprised since the car handling in the game is sh*t.

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Proto-Hipster

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted A week ago Edited by Cutter De Blanc, A week ago.

So... the top speed is actually in Km per hour, but the game displays it as mph, is that right?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users