Photo

Top Speed (Discussion)

70 replies to this topic
gear999
  • gear999

Big Homie

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 20 December 2013 - 09:11 PM Edited by gear999, 20 December 2013 - 09:12 PM.

100MPH? Wha...??24pb435.jpg

(11 lapdances? lol)

The in-game stores lie, and the Social Club lies. They multiply the actual speed to make people think the cars are that fast, but they're not. Far from. The consoles just can't handle the speed.

Sweettooth187
  • Sweettooth187

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 20 December 2013 - 09:28 PM Edited by Sweettooth187, 20 December 2013 - 09:30 PM.

Well, granted I've never driven anything at 200+mph but I have driven over 100mph through traffic (dumb, yes) and NEVER blew past cars as fast as I did when I set that record! You can also hit some pretty good speeds out on Trevor's runway. Also a nice place to slide around without worrying about all the traffic and other obstacles.

...and yes, 11 lap dances. I was bored and wanted to see which ones I could take home. *sigh*
  • diablo76 likes this

MulleDK19
  • MulleDK19

1337 Programmer

• Members

Posted 20 December 2013 - 10:51 PM Edited by MulleDK19, 20 December 2013 - 10:52 PM.

Well, granted I've never driven anything at 200+mph but I have driven over 100mph through traffic (dumb, yes) and NEVER blew past cars as fast as I did when I set that record! You can also hit some pretty good speeds out on Trevor's runway. Also a nice place to slide around without worrying about all the traffic and other obstacles.

...and yes, 11 lap dances. I was bored and wanted to see which ones I could take home. *sigh*

Like mentioned earlier, you are truly delusional if you think 160km/h is 420 km/h.

I don't care how fast you think it feels. Fact remains, the cars don't go anywhere near that fast.

The vacca is configured for 152 km/h, it can't go faster than that unless it glitches out (a.k.a. gate physics glitches), and even then it's limited to 80 meters per second (288 km/h, 178.954903 mph) by the physics engine.

DrunkenGerbils
  • DrunkenGerbils

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 21 December 2013 - 12:20 AM

Umm ...this is a game. There's no real speed or velocity involved here. The "speed" of a car is whatever Rockstar says it is.  

MulleDK19
  • MulleDK19

1337 Programmer

• Members

Posted 21 December 2013 - 12:37 AM Edited by MulleDK19, 21 December 2013 - 12:38 AM.

Umm ...this is a game. There's no real speed or velocity involved here. The "speed" of a car is whatever Rockstar says it is.  

You're an idiot. Models and maps aren't just made with random measures. They're made in precise scale. If you're going 50 km/h in-game it would correspond to 50 km/h in the real world.

If you're going 150 km/h, you're not going 400 just because they multiply the recorded speed.

Sweettooth187
  • Sweettooth187

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 21 December 2013 - 05:24 AM Edited by Sweettooth187, 21 December 2013 - 05:25 AM.

You may be correct to a certain degree, but you might also take into account (and I don't know if anyone noticed this) but when you activate Franklin's special, you do in fact go faster. I thought maybe it was just a trick of the eye but I've noticed the difference between coming to a full stop at top speed, and attempting to come to a full stop when coming out of a long duration of his special; the vehicle is practically uncontrollable. Just as well, many times I've been racing, screwed up, and fell behind the rest of the racers. In one case, I simply attempted to regain speed and overtake them - came in last place. In another instance, everyone had again passed me; I activated his special, and within seconds, was overtaking them one by one, and literally passed everyone in the last stretch. So therefore it does stand to reason that whatever speed limit you think is being strictly imposed here can apparently be broken, at least with Franklin, which makes sense given the turning ability of any vehicle he's in becomes unrealistically precise. This would thus justify the top speed shown in the pic - I have his special ability maxed out and I activated it while speeding down the highway, already at top speed, thus propelling the car faster. So ultimately, even if I wasn't truly going 260mph, I was going a damn sight faster than 100mph, or even whatever the car's top speed is listed as.

In the end, who gives a f*ck? It's a game. If it says I was going 300mph, then I was going 300mph. No one's masculinity is at stake here.

OxyFiend
  • OxyFiend

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 December 2013 - 06:19 AM

The highest I've gotten, and proof with stats is the adder at 275.9 mph. 99 mph is the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

OxyFiend
  • OxyFiend

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 December 2013 - 06:28 AM

And street races have the bullsh*t rubber band affect, where u can stop for 15 seconds and catch up, and when ur going top speed hitting corners with special, they seem to have a max distance u can pass. I wish it wasn't like that or u can set difficulty cus the races get so easy after 10 times and memorizing the track

IXBillyXI
  • IXBillyXI

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 December 2013 - 08:03 AM Edited by IXBillyXI, 21 December 2013 - 08:03 AM.

155.61 mph in an Adder online is my max speed that rockstar social club shows. I tried to beat that by taking the Entity XF on the very long highway stretch going far north of the map. I used the higheay on the east side since the one on the west side has bends which can cause loss of speed. I went all the way north and didnt crash once and there is only a few turns which i took easy to not lose speed at all. I know this was using an Entity and not the Adder but the website says max speed 240mph. The Entity couldn't beat that 155mph from the Adder. I agree the website values on the top speed for the car operating in game is absolute garbage.

Isn't there a way to create a mod to display the speed of the vehicle in real time? Like a spedometer in the upper corner of the screen while driving. Then someone with a modded xbox can compare these values of the speed.

jptawok
  • jptawok

Lester the Molestor

• Members

Posted 21 December 2013 - 08:06 AM

If you don't just tell that Mulle guy he's right, he's never going to shut up about it.  

tittypop
  • tittypop

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 December 2013 - 08:10 AM

Dude. If your driving level is at 1 then your car will only go 99 miles per your unlike me who has a driving skill of 100 and kicked 210.14 in a fully KITT Ruiner. And to go faster you must use Franklin since his adrenaline driving ability of a professional race car driving allows him to nail a cars true top speed especially if you have his special rank at 100%

It doesn't matter what level you are. THE CARS CANNOT GO FASTER THAN 100 MPH.

It's not a guess or theory, it's in the f*cking configuration files.

If you think any of the cars are driving faster than 100 mph you are truly delusional.

Directly from the game configs:

Tv = Velocity. Max speed in top gear in kilometers per hour (km/h) (used when configuring gears).

Adder

Tv: 160 (99.4193908 mph)

Entity XF

Tv: 155 (96.3125348 mph)

The in-game stores lie, and the Social Club lies. They multiply the actual speed to make people think the cars are that fast, but they're not. Far from. The consoles just can't handle the speed.

Not to mention the fact, that to make sure things don't accidentally speed up due to a glitch or bug, the physics engine limits everything to 80 meters per second (288 km/h), so even if you were to glitch and be f*cking blown away at 400km/h, you couldn't, as the game would clamp the speed at 288km/h (178.954903 mph).

Even the police scanner will say "Doing 90" when you're going absolutely top speed with the Entity XF, which is stated as a 240mph car by the in-game stores.

it may say that in the game files but really that is just a bullsh*t line they put in just like all the other games handling files. it says they are in km/hr but there is no way, really its just a # value that means nothing specific and they can say the cars are going however fast they want based on the game map scale and how fast you cross it, which is what the in game monitor does.

SonofUgly
  • SonofUgly

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 December 2013 - 08:18 AM

Isn't there a way to create a mod to display the speed of the vehicle in real time? Like a spedometer in the upper corner of the screen while driving. Then someone with a modded xbox can compare these values of the speed.

We'll most likely have to wait until the PC version until someone makes a script for that/makes a trainer.

If you don't just tell that Mulle guy he's right, he's never going to shut up about it.  

Well in the latest update the planes' Tv was increased to over 288km/h (the Lazer is now 328.6), so he definitely wrong about 1 of his 2 statements.

MulleDK19
  • MulleDK19

1337 Programmer

• Members

Posted 22 December 2013 - 02:46 AM Edited by MulleDK19, 22 December 2013 - 02:49 AM.

You may be correct to a certain degree, but you might also take into account (and I don't know if anyone noticed this) but when you activate Franklin's special, you do in fact go faster. I thought maybe it was just a trick of the eye but I've noticed the difference between coming to a full stop at top speed, and attempting to come to a full stop when coming out of a long duration of his special; the vehicle is practically uncontrollable. Just as well, many times I've been racing, screwed up, and fell behind the rest of the racers. In one case, I simply attempted to regain speed and overtake them - came in last place. In another instance, everyone had again passed me; I activated his special, and within seconds, was overtaking them one by one, and literally passed everyone in the last stretch. So therefore it does stand to reason that whatever speed limit you think is being strictly imposed here can apparently be broken, at least with Franklin, which makes sense given the turning ability of any vehicle he's in becomes unrealistically precise. This would thus justify the top speed shown in the pic - I have his special ability maxed out and I activated it while speeding down the highway, already at top speed, thus propelling the car faster. So ultimately, even if I wasn't truly going 260mph, I was going a damn sight faster than 100mph, or even whatever the car's top speed is listed as.

In the end, who gives a f*ck? It's a game. If it says I was going 300mph, then I was going 300mph. No one's masculinity is at stake here.

Franklin's special ability doesn't make you faster. It makes every other car slower, and makes your car stick like glue.

Dude. If your driving level is at 1 then your car will only go 99 miles per your unlike me who has a driving skill of 100 and kicked 210.14 in a fully KITT Ruiner. And to go faster you must use Franklin since his adrenaline driving ability of a professional race car driving allows him to nail a cars true top speed especially if you have his special rank at 100%

It doesn't matter what level you are. THE CARS CANNOT GO FASTER THAN 100 MPH.
It's not a guess or theory, it's in the f*cking configuration files.

If you think any of the cars are driving faster than 100 mph you are truly delusional.

Directly from the game configs:
Tv = Velocity. Max speed in top gear in kilometers per hour (km/h) (used when configuring gears).

Adder
Tv: 160 (99.4193908 mph)

Entity XF
Tv: 155 (96.3125348 mph)

Not to mention the fact, that to make sure things don't accidentally speed up due to a glitch or bug, the physics engine limits everything to 80 meters per second (288 km/h), so even if you were to glitch and be f*cking blown away at 400km/h, you couldn't, as the game would clamp the speed at 288km/h (178.954903 mph).

Even the police scanner will say "Doing 90" when you're going absolutely top speed with the Entity XF, which is stated as a 240mph car by the in-game stores.

it may say that in the game files but really that is just a bullsh*t line they put in just like all the other games handling files. it says they are in km/hr but there is no way, really its just a # value that means nothing specific and they can say the cars are going however fast they want based on the game map scale and how fast you cross it, which is what the in game monitor does.

Just stop talking before you embarres yourself. The game uses meter as base unit. Everything is made in scale. The physics engine doesn't output random values when speed is requested, it outputs the speed in meters per second.

Once this sh*t hits the PC, people will make videos showing the actual speeds, and they won't show anything near 250 mph.

Modders don't just make their mods output guessed speeds or approximities, they make them output exactly what the game tells them the vehicles are going.

zielarz119
  • zielarz119

Peon

• Members

Posted 22 December 2013 - 02:56 AM

Franklin's special ability doesn't make you faster. It makes every other car slower, and makes your car stick like glue.

It make you faster and give big speed boost and you can immediately stop from 200mph in second if you want to

MulleDK19
  • MulleDK19

1337 Programmer

• Members

Posted 22 December 2013 - 10:02 PM Edited by MulleDK19, 22 December 2013 - 10:03 PM.

100MPH? Wha...??24pb435.jpg

Are you selectively being ignorant, or are you just that stupid?

Read the damn topic. The speed shown on Social Club is a LIE. You can't go ANYWHERE near that fast. They multiply the speed to make you think you're going that fast. But fact remains, no car in the game can go anywhere near that fast. The consoles just can't handle the amount of loading and unloading of resources required to go that fast.

How do people not know the difference between 200kmh and 420kmh?

http://www.youtube.c...9y2SFLl44#t=256

HOW CAN YOU POSSIBLY THINK YOU'RE GOING ANYWHERE NEAR THAT FAST?!?!?!?

• Ulysses182 likes this

MulleDK19
  • MulleDK19

1337 Programmer

• Members

Posted 23 December 2013 - 02:54 AM Edited by MulleDK19, 23 December 2013 - 04:29 AM.

I rest my case...

• voyager, pokemon4ever, B Dawg and 1 other like this

tittypop
  • tittypop

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 December 2013 - 07:37 AM Edited by tittypop, 23 December 2013 - 07:39 AM.

yeah the game is made to scale and they say it uses meters and whatever value they put for the velocity doesnt scale properly to the speed in game

Stuntman--420
  • Stuntman--420

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 December 2013 - 08:12 AM

There does seem to be a glitch however, where if you take just about any car, ram into the train for a while (more like a long time) until the front end starts dragging on the ground. Then take the car to the highway and you can reach insane speeds,similar to the old glitch in gta 4 where you could pop all 4 tires and it would go faster.

toke204
  • toke204

Player Hater

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 29 March 2014 - 03:45 AM

lol first this mulleDK says u cant go faster than 99mph then he says u can go faster lol.. how about u take a SS of this .file with the stats ?  and i dont mean just go create one lol.. the cars definitely go faster than 99 lol

and also the distance is measured in game differently than real life lool.. if u had the .file u can see that yourself .. the video is quite stupid xD

one55
  • one55

Dirty Playstation Peasant!

• Members

Posted 29 March 2014 - 07:54 AM

speed will have been locked by rockstar. 

there could be many reasons why it's locked:

1. map size. a car that's too fast will make the map feel even smaller.

2. pop in. go too fast and everything will just no even bother loading.

3. possibly frame rate issues which could make everything look a mess and maybe even crash the game.

i think cars have good variety in speed. there are a lot of good fast cars in the game. mods only really affect acceleration which is just basically how fast a car can get to a certain speed.

Valorous
  • Valorous

Player Hater

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 07 April 2014 - 05:14 AM Edited by Valorous, 07 April 2014 - 05:17 AM.

Sounds like Mulle is right, not sure how much right, but it just makes sense to slow things down for a video game because of the perception, physics, mathematics, etc.  If vehicles were real world speeds in GTA you'd probably be crashing all the time, or flying too fast; everything would be a blur and just unplayable.  It always seemed like regular traffic was slower than usual, especially in GTA 4.

The only time it ever feels like 200km/h is when I'm sitting in one of those old ass racing arcade games.

Sept17th2013
  • Sept17th2013

Because The Internet

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 May 2014 - 11:54 PM Edited by Sept17th2013, 15 May 2014 - 11:55 PM.

So I doubt this is even alive anymore, but my max speed is 278.37 mph according to in-game pause menu stat (offline).

Fully tuned Adder, Franklin special ability & driving skill at 100/100, downhill freeway towards LS.

Sept17th2013
  • Sept17th2013

Because The Internet

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 May 2014 - 04:49 AM

0w2SP4u.jpg

CzVggTX.jpg

That's 298.99 MPH  :colgate: let's see if I can make 300 MPH or even 500 km/h.

Killer1qa2ws3ed
  • Killer1qa2ws3ed

Player Hater

• Members
  • Turkey

Posted 17 May 2014 - 09:22 AM Edited by Killer1qa2ws3ed, 17 May 2014 - 09:33 AM.

In handling.dat it says that the top speed of Adder is 160 km/h but with Franklins ability , the cars top speed increases immediately. You can't drive in GTAV faster than 350 km/h but you can drive Adder with Franklins ability around 240 km/h - 270 km/h.

Also the speed records in gta 5 says 130 mph , it equals 130 kmh because my record with Michael is 153 mph with Entity XF and its top speed about 155 kmh. 153 mph = 153 kmh in GTAV

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

GTAV Forum Leader

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Ireland
  • Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 17 May 2014 - 10:27 AM Edited by WildBrick142, 17 May 2014 - 10:28 AM.

kQg3NoO.png

There was a fire I had to extinguish.

Killer1qa2ws3ed
  • Killer1qa2ws3ed

Player Hater

• Members
  • Turkey

Posted 17 May 2014 - 02:51 PM

kQg3NoO.png

There was a fire I had to extinguish.

Maybe Chuck Norris punched the truck

CricKetVarble
  • CricKetVarble

Snitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 June 2014 - 06:37 PM

99mph? I got the Z-Type up to 140, dude! The Adder supposedly can reach speeds in excess of 250mph. I've never gone faster than 197 myself.   

How can you tell speed? I've never seen a speedometer while driving in this game.

diablo76
  • diablo76

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 July 2014 - 06:32 PM

My fastest so far according to social club is Cheetah at 149.30 MPH! I've been trying to top that with my Entity XF but not yet! I even went all the way around the whole map on the freeway & can't beat it!

JANTSUU
  • JANTSUU

Wanted Level: ★★★★★

• Members
  • None
  • Best Video 2012 [GTA V Trailer with Niko, Luis and Johnny]

Posted 19 July 2014 - 06:59 PM

Who cares about the numbers? GTA V doesn't even have a speedometer. Going full speed in any GTA supercar looks like ~200mph. If the cars in GTA V could go any faster it would look unrealistically fast and I don't want GTA to look like Need for Speed.

• diablo76 likes this

M3rkP1xl
  • M3rkP1xl

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 July 2014 - 04:16 AM

You have to Iso mod gta 5 to change stats but rockstar patched that so you can't play with other people so you can, But for a price

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users