Photo

Rampage glitch - Android

7 replies to this topic
NikoBellicGTAIV
  • NikoBellicGTAIV

Playa

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 06:53 PM

Hi! So I am playing the android version and trying to get 100%. One day I decided to do a rampage, one that is behind a pink wall, south of a gas station in Ocean Beach (you use a chainsaw). I activated it, but after a few seconds, I turned off the tablet because I had to do something else. After some days of completing the rest of the rampages (leaving this one for the end becuase it's hard), I came back to do it, but it wasn't there. I thought i had completed, though i didnt remember it. But I didn't. I checked my stat sheet, and it says 34 of 35 (or 35 of 36, dont remember). I checked back and I know I did every rampage. So, this means that by turning off the tablet while doing the rampage, it screwed up, it does not show up and I'm screwed out of 100%. Is there a workaround for this? Has anyone else had this problem? Please, help!

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Drunk on Power

• United-States
  • Helpfulness Award
    Contribution Award [GTAF]

Posted 25 September 2013 - 08:42 PM

Please post your save file...

Upload it to this site-- http://gtasnp.com/

after you upload it, post the link it gives you here...

You may find it easier to connect your tablet to a PC and upload it from the PC... I will give it a look over-- I have a mod installed that make any remaining rampages easy to see from a great distance.

It is possible that you may not be able to get 100%-- I've read of some rampage glitches on the IOS version (one issue similar to yours-- another where the icon was there still but the rampage would not start).

Moving this to gameplay section...

NikoBellicGTAIV
  • NikoBellicGTAIV

Playa

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 12:07 AM

Please post your save file...

OK, thanks! I will upload the save file... if you tell me where they're located :p.

By the way, I checked all rampage locations, but heck, they're 35 and are scattered around the city, so maybe I'm missing one, but I'm pretty sure I haven't completed the one that's missing.

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Drunk on Power

• United-States
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 27 September 2013 - 01:23 AM Edited by Spuds725, 27 September 2013 - 01:24 AM.

sorry about that... it's not obvious where the files are kept....

on your phone or tablet look for this directory...

android>data>com.rockstargames.gtavc>files

In that folder there should be files named GTA3sf#.b  (where the # indicates the save slot)--   I believe the #9 one is the auto save slot. So GTA3sf1.b would be the 1st save slot.... upload which ever save you want me to check.

The 3 is NOT a typo---- for whatever reason they made the VC file names GTA3sf#.b instead of GTAVC#.b (this it the format for the PC version)--

I'm going to bed soon so will try to give it a look tomorrow sometime.

Spuds

NikoBellicGTAIV
  • NikoBellicGTAIV

Playa

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 07:34 PM

http://gtasnp.com/39531

There you go. It says that the last mission is unknown. It should be either "The Chase" or "Phom Phen '99?". If it's not, then it's the wrong one.

Thanks for checking this out for me. However, after some investigation with the game, it seems that this rampage is the one that's missing, and exiting the game while doing the rampage screwed up whatever script is supposed to make the icon show up. I haven't been able to make it appear again, so maybe I could find a way to tell the game to show the freaking icon again?

Give it a look an then you tell me. :)

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Drunk on Power

• United-States
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 27 September 2013 - 08:34 PM Edited by Spuds725, 27 September 2013 - 08:41 PM.

Both the save game editor and the in game rampage light mod did not show any remaining rampages (i flew all over city looking for the lights) ...  Sorry,  but unless you have a recent save you can reload, you most likely can't get 100% with that save file. 

I even tried the trick of starting a new game and then loading up your save and then saving and checking that out..  No change (this could supposedly fix things like this on ps2 version) 

Wish i had better news for you. 

FYI the save game editor i used cannot edit stats like that.. It displays remaining rampages/jumps/packages on a map with a red mark indicating location..  It can edit a few things (money amount, weapons and number of bullets)  but not rampages completed. 

Spuds

NikoBellicGTAIV
  • NikoBellicGTAIV

Playa

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 09:49 PM

Both the save game editor and the in game rampage light mod did not show any remaining rampages (i flew all over city looking for the lights) ...  Sorry,  but unless you have a recent save you can reload, you most likely can't get 100% with that save file. 

I even tried the trick of starting a new game and then loading up your save and then saving and checking that out..  No change (this could supposedly fix things like this on ps2 version) 

Wish i had better news for you. 

FYI the save game editor i used cannot edit stats like that.. It displays remaining rampages/jumps/packages on a map with a red mark indicating location..  It can edit a few things (money amount, weapons and number of bullets)  but not rampages completed. 

Spuds

Oh, welll... damnit! :/ Well, thanks for checking, man, I really appreciate it! :D

I'll just complete the rest of the story missions. Thanks, again!

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Drunk on Power

• United-States
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 27 September 2013 - 10:13 PM

No problem 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users