They see me rollin' They hating

Spoiler

ASIAN LAWYER
  • ASIAN LAWYER

Trick

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 08:25 AM

o' the irony of all this.

everyone hated IV after a week of it's release, and now everyones hating V. i wish we could look at games individually and not let the franchise name drive our expectations.

no it isn't a classic... yet. 

Misbegotten cad
  • Misbegotten cad

Prankster

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 September 2013 - 08:40 AM

everyone hated IV after a week of it's release, and now everyones hating V. i wish we could look at games individually and not let the franchise name drive our expectations.

So true! I remember all that hate mail on all forums like it was yesterday.

Me, I simply loved GTA 4 from the moment I gott of the plane. It was just brill on all levels. And the characters on the game were all very likeable indeed.

Incidentally, my kid bro just got GTA5 yesterday. After watching him play it for couple of hours I totally fell in love with it. It is sublime, and how on earth can it be so pretty on xbox360???

-So, I'm definitely not hating GTA5 nor any of the older games.

Well, maybe I hate the first top down GTA a bit, as it was, and still is, pretty impossible to control.

ASIAN LAWYER
  • ASIAN LAWYER

Trick

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 08:49 AM Edited by ASIAN LAWYER, 26 September 2013 - 08:49 AM.

So true! I remember all that hate mail on all forums like it was yesterday.

Me, I simply loved GTA 4 from the moment I gott of the plane. It was just brill on all levels. And the characters on the game were all very likeable indeed.

Incidentally, my kid bro just got GTA5 yesterday. After watching him play it for couple of hours I totally fell in love with it. It is sublime, and how on earth can it be so pretty on xbox360???

-So, I'm definitely not hating GTA5 nor any of the older games.

Well, maybe I hate the first top down GTA a bit, as it was, and still is, pretty impossible to control.

i never really bought into all the GTA IV hate, it just seemed to me like people wanted san andreas 2.

the game is beautiful, i agree. the water, while it doesn't look life-like, looks surreal and majestic. V is a great addition to the GTA franchise.

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Get Love Fisted

• Australia
  • Best Member In An Official Group 2012

Posted 26 September 2013 - 10:44 AM

I've loved GTA IV since day one. It's a misunderstood gem IMO.
  • Ermac. and MrPeteyMax like this

MrPeteyMax
  • MrPeteyMax

forum prankster haha i prank u!!!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 26 September 2013 - 10:48 AM

I've loved GTA IV since day one. It's a misunderstood gem IMO.

This this this.

Hardcore1982
  • Hardcore1982

Dirty Harry

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 02:12 PM

LOL classic.

I still love GTAIV. Will definetely play it again and again and... you know the rest.

But classic? The game is way to young to call it a classic.

And why "attack" GTA5? Both are great games,. Never had the Idea before when any other GTA got out. When GTA2 came out I still played 1. When Vice city was out I still played 3 and so on. I am still playing all the older games to this day.

Krad Oren
  • Krad Oren

Pi▀wasser Movement Member

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 08:06 PM

Me, I simply loved GTA 4 from the moment I gott of the plane.

Since you got of the plane? I remember getting off a boat of GTA IV. Your Niko must have arrived in style.

TehTacoGuy
  • TehTacoGuy

Half taco, half human.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 02 October 2013 - 03:27 PM

I still need to go and finish GTA IV on PC. I finished it multiple times on both consoles (I bought it once for PS3, and got the special edition as a gift for my Xbox), but now i have it on PC, i want to finish it on that too...

mastershake616
  • mastershake616

The Wolf of BAWSAQ

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 07:15 PM

GTA IV is a great game, as a matter of a fact I'll be popping it in right now for some of that delicious 16-player mayhem...but classic? Seriously? Classic?! A game that's not even a decade old has no right to be called a classic...absolute nonsense. 

TonyMontanaCDL
  • TonyMontanaCDL

Snitch

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 06:59 AM

I have no clue why anyone would consider this game "classic".

It is a good game at best. The most overrated game there ever was. Needless to say, V corrected all the things that were wrong with this game. Better driving controls, easier mechanics, better AI, heavily improved weapons mechanics and most of all, FUN. I never had any fun outside of a handful of missions in IV.

waikzguy8998
  • waikzguy8998

Desert Rat

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 04:42 PM

I can definitely see IV as being a classic one day.  And I'll admit that especially since V has come out, I'm already having a nostalgic attachment to the "good times" from IV

I like GTA V, don't get me wrong (and have been a die hard GTA fan since III) but it just seems that a few core nostalgia components are missing from V.  For instance, IV has certain things about it that trigger some happy memories, like the original score (music), to the mission success song (why they don't have one for V still baffles me), to Niko eventually becoming a lovable character.  

I think with V they just focused so much on the online component (blame COD and those or p.o.s franchise games) that they neglected a lot of the SP aspects.  There could have easily been more missions, more memorable music, and a lot less bugs if they put at least half of their development time into SP, like IV.

That being said, hell yea!  IV in my mind is definitely a classic and gets thrown in there right with III, VC, and SA

Mcquiz
  • Mcquiz

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 03 October 2013 - 07:32 PM

I fell in love with SA and IV immediately. With V I only loved the game in my mind after watching the trailers. The reality is not that lovely.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users