Quantcast

» «
Photo

Your not living till you play on Free Aim.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
75 replies to this topic

Poll: So...... (237 member(s) have cast votes)

How Do you Play?

1. Traditional GTA (soft lock) (99 votes [41.77%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 41.77%

2. Assisted Aim (hard lock) (25 votes [10.55%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.55%

3. Free Aim (no lock) (113 votes [47.68%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 47.68%

Vote
UrbanTheEmcee
  • UrbanTheEmcee

I'm that bada** n*gga yo moms warned you about.

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 04:04 PM Edited by UrbanTheEmcee, 25 September 2013 - 04:06 PM.

I've seen a lot people complain about how easy the game was. Even when I watch YouTube videos I see that everybody is playing on auto aim. I've been playing on free aim since RDR. It's way more fun as you feel like you're earning the kills, and it provides a challenge that automatically locking on to your target can't provide.

To those of you playing on auto aim, you should give free aim a shot on your second play through. It will upgrade the experience entirely.

• A J, lazy. and ol MAGIC lx like this

toybasher
  • toybasher

Cute Anthromorphic Skunk

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 04:06 PM

I've been using traditional GTA.

Using a joystick is impossible for me. >.> Feels very "Twitchy" and EXTREMELY OFTEN I end up trying to aim at someone, aim past them, then have to move the joystick back to correct it, only to aim past them again on the oppisate side, and it repeats.

I could spend HOURS trying to hit a moving target and not hit it once. Thats why I've been using the softlock.

Using a mouse however would be fine.

• universetwisters and Afusensi like this

Bazzad
  • Bazzad

Snitch

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 04:10 PM

I played RDR and GTA 4 on free aim (I play everything  on free aim)

The controls in GTAV are not responsive enough. I tried, but when I had more than 2 people shooting at me I just couldn't pick them off quick enough.

• theGTAking101 likes this

Ryan110390
  • Ryan110390

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 04:15 PM

I agree. It feels like your NOT Letting the game make the kills for you and gives you a bigger challenge with a bigger reward. However I must admit I have to put soft lock on for the girlfriend. Watching her attempt to drive makes me feel like I'm watching a Friday the 13th screaming at the women/men on screen for investigating that noise from the bushes they heard.

LaughingDingo
  • LaughingDingo

Rat

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 04:17 PM

Traditional or hard lock. Controllers were just not made for exactly precise aiming..give me a mouse for that, but not for this series. GTA is meant for a controller and thusly, made for soft or hard lock. Kinda crazy how that works out for me, being a dominant PC gamer. Oh well.  :turn:

• RichyB likes this

LateNightNeons
  • LateNightNeons

Trick

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 04:21 PM

If it was for PC I would of course play it in free aim, in consoles however I tent to chose the soft-lock option (Traditional GTA style). However I do agree with OP, free aim in games is most of the time more fun and makes the game harder.

Snapabowl
  • Snapabowl

Errl User

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 04:24 PM

Just recently switched to Free Aim last night and it makes a big difference.  The difficulty of the game spikes up A LOT.  Get 4 stars and you'll find that getting a headshot can be tricky when you dont snap to the target and theres 15 of them surrounding you.  I've only done this in Free Roam, already beaten the game, but I think using this during some of the campaign mission would make them pretty damn tough.

Revoemag
  • Revoemag

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 04:31 PM

I only use free aim so ..but doesn't autoaim only do body shots ?? Whereas freeaim can do headshots. So for Vs, wouldn't freeaim be more effective seeing as headshot is a one shot kill. Body shots take multiple shots to kill.

DrAnomalous
  • DrAnomalous

Disfavored Veracity

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 September 2013 - 04:34 PM

Free aim is the only way to go.

• hudweiser likes this

hudweiser
  • hudweiser

The Closer

• D1RTY12
  • None

Posted 25 September 2013 - 04:42 PM

This.

Any other aiming mode and you might as well just be watching a movie.

Ryan110390
  • Ryan110390

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 04:44 PM

Autoaim snaps to the body but if u hold the autolock trigger you can move the right analog stick to move where your reticule along the body and have control on where your shot will end up. But once again I agree...free aim is the way to go. I enjoy using free aim with the less powerful weapons. Especially the standard pistol with no attachments and the platinum skin on it.

ceIozzip
  • ceIozzip

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 04:44 PM

ooh a circlejerk thread!

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

GTA III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLAD, TBoGT and V all 100%

• Members
  • None
  • Best Avatar 2012
    Winner of Euro 2012 Prediction League

Posted 25 September 2013 - 04:45 PM

Im a free aiming motherf*cka. However to try and get Gold Medals on some of the missions i will be using AUto Aim just so my mission time will be alot lower and the missions will be easier.

Ekoms
  • Ekoms

LSLK

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 04:45 PM

I played RDR and GTA 4 on free aim (I play everything  on free aim)

The controls in GTAV are not responsive enough. I tried, but when I had more than 2 people shooting at me I just couldn't pick them off quick enough.

This is my answer... Definitely true. The shooting mechanics are completely slow. This tags along with framerate. 

niganiganiganiga
  • niganiganiganiga

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 04:47 PM

I play on free aim, but it just doesn't feel right.
Soft lock is to easy and make the gameplay fell boring and easy.
free aim is almost impossible with the annnoying joystick.
Dont get me wrong, im a preety good player but sometimes I cant see the aim marker.
I still play with free aim because it is way mkre rewarding and makes the gameplay more Intense and realistic
guess I need to sit closer to the screen or get glasses :-/

gevans81
  • gevans81

Gold Member

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 04:48 PM

Free-Aim for me

Anything else is for pussies.

• hudweiser likes this

frunch
  • frunch

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 04:49 PM

I only use free aim so ..but doesn't autoaim only do body shots ?? Whereas freeaim can do headshots. So for Vs, wouldn't freeaim be more effective seeing as headshot is a one shot kill. Body shots take multiple shots to kill.

With soft lock (and I imagine hard lock as well) getting a headshot is as easy as pressing the aim button (locking the target for a body shot) then jerking the analog stick towards the head (for me down but for other maybe up....towards the head) and pressing the fire button. Ppl must be aware of this because I assume this is why RDR MP is so headshot happy. 

• hudweiser likes this

killahmatic
  • killahmatic

JB

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 September 2013 - 04:50 PM

I have nothing to prove, I always use auto aim. I've played without it and done decent but I prefer it. the npcs are built with auto aim so its only fair. 

frunch
  • frunch

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 04:52 PM

I play on free aim, but it just doesn't feel right.
Soft lock is to easy and make the gameplay fell boring and easy.
free aim is almost impossible with the annnoying joystick.
Dont get me wrong, im a preety good player but sometimes I cant see the aim marker.
I still play with free aim because it is way mkre rewarding and makes the gameplay more Intense and realistic
guess I need to sit closer to the screen or get glasses :-/

The default cursor sucks serious balls! go into the settings think its called Reticle size or something in display. Move it from simple to complex. 

bigcolzer
  • bigcolzer

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 04:59 PM

What a load of sh*t u talk

This.

Any other aiming mode and you might as well just be watching a movie.

SeaJey
  • SeaJey

Snitch

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 05:03 PM

so am i alone in feeling that free aim is just far too erratic, its not like when playing battlefield or COD, where you actually have a chance to hit the point you're aiming for. that combined with the sheer number of NPC's that you have to fight in missions makes it pretty stupid 

woggleman
  • woggleman

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 September 2013 - 05:06 PM

I like taking out multiple people with machine guns and for the the lock isn't going to cut it.

Hendrix89
  • Hendrix89

Mark Chump

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 September 2013 - 05:10 PM

Auto Aim myself, as not that keen on using joysticks to aim. (Although i couldn't figure out how to work it for half the game, so was free aim or soft lock) When it comes on PC of course will be complete free aim.

Also agree with OP as it makes the game more fun/ Enjoyable

B3ANTOWN B3A5T
  • B3ANTOWN B3A5T

Thug

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 05:10 PM

I've escaped 5* wanted levels using free aim. If you just use the terrain right and have a getaway plan it can be done. Get caught on open ground and youre toast though.

Always been a free aim guy. I usually go right for the hard difficulty too. Blowing through a game on normal with auto aim just isn't fun.

Tampinha85
  • Tampinha85

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 05:11 PM

Always played Free Aim, in RDR i was pretty good ar it actually, but i find the enemies in V very precise, having a hard time with free aim, i dont know if im playing properly though, i mean, with the run and gun feature a lot has changed...

Ryan110390
  • Ryan110390

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 05:14 PM

@seajey I understand what you mean. It takes getting used too. But to me when u have multiple npc's attacking and have autolock on, your firing at one target unless you flick the right stick to another. Where as with free aim you can spray at a few of them more fluidly (in my opinion) without having to cycle thru the autolock. I guess it just depends on how difficult of an experience you want out of the game and what you prefer.

SeaJey
  • SeaJey

Snitch

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 05:16 PM

I've escaped 5* wanted levels using free aim. If you just use the terrain right and have a getaway plan it can be done. Get caught on open ground and youre toast though.

Always been a free aim guy. I usually go right for the hard difficulty too. Blowing through a game on normal with auto aim just isn't fun.

i've only ever escaped wanted levels using a car. but okay x)

but i do agree i wish i'd played with free aim on considering how easy and dull i found the combat in the story.

SeaJey
  • SeaJey

Snitch

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 05:19 PM

@seajey I understand what you mean. It takes getting used too. But to me when u have multiple npc's attacking and have autolock on, your firing at one target unless you flick the right stick to another. Where as with free aim you can spray at a few of them more fluidly (in my opinion) without having to cycle thru the autolock. I guess it just depends on how difficult of an experience you want out of the game and what you prefer.

yeah i never really thought of it that way, i'm sure i broke the L2 on my controller from auto aim, hindsight's a wonderful thing. but then again so is the minigun 

DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 05:24 PM

Traditional. It's a little bit too easy to kill people (seems easier than RDR to me), but it IS a lot easier to die, so I guess it balances itself out. Might try free aim later on.

SuperDuperGta
  • SuperDuperGta

Homie

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 05:25 PM

I played the whole thing Free aim and I hope online will be to although I doubt it. I will probs play assisted in GTAO because theres no point in making it harder for yourself when online money is concerned. Would be nice if there was a money boost for the free aimers. Free aim is how GTA should be played

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users