Photo

Smoke on the Water - WTF

18 replies to this topic
Cyc2u
  • Cyc2u

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 03:32 PM

Twice now SotW emailed me to do a pickup. Both times i head there and the P disappears and i get a message about "no deed, no weed its gonna be slow this week." The second time i was at Franks Vinewood place and the P popped up right behind the house. Only took me 30 seconds or so to get there, and it did the same thing. How the heck do you do pickup missions? Am i suppose to call the guy up or something?

IHateFlightSchool
  • IHateFlightSchool

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 04:33 PM

Same here...annoying hippies...

marko dash
  • marko dash

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 04:49 PM

all the properties have way too short a window for you to get to their missions considering the map size

SeaJey
  • SeaJey

Snitch

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 04:53 PM

yeah same, when one pops up i just set a waypoint and taxi it there, and every time, taxi or no, there is absolutely nothing there

weejen1
  • weejen1

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 September 2013 - 05:17 PM

iv had that mission. and done the pick up and passed the mission. no probs

Cyc2u
  • Cyc2u

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 10:37 PM

I finally got to do one. I got the email and the P was like 2 streets over. But it was impossible to lose the cops in that slow van. And when i failed, there was no retry. You just fail. Got a message " a lot of unhappy people here" Yeah, including me. these are the worst missions in the game so far.

OGLuke
  • OGLuke

frickie van hardenburgs best buddy friend

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 11:45 PM

I got a text from hen house that there had been a robbery so I taxi over there in time for the van to escape those f*ckers are fast and if you aren't in a vehicle chances are you won't catch up.

TenEightyOne
  • TenEightyOne

We're bouncing now?

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 12:02 AM

I haven't completed a Hen House mission yet... I can never get anywhere in time despite always riding either a BatiRR or Akuma and getting through traffic like the proverbial butter-knife.

The earnings aren't worth it anyway :)

Cyc2u
  • Cyc2u

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 05:44 PM

I got another from SotW. Headed to the P on a dirt road. Going as fast as i can. When i got close, the P changed to a blue dot and it said "recover the van" then the dot just disappeared and i got the fail text. Im done with them stupid missions. They need to be fixed.

CallTheCoroner
  • CallTheCoroner

Have you ever been dying of thirst, and smelled rain?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 September 2013 - 05:47 PM

Well obviously you don't have Vin Diesel-like driving skills.... pshhh.

carmelo3
  • carmelo3

Prankster

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 06:34 PM

Twice now SotW emailed me to do a pickup. Both times i head there and the P disappears and i get a message about "no deed, no weed its gonna be slow this week." The second time i was at Franks Vinewood place and the P popped up right behind the house. Only took me 30 seconds or so to get there, and it did the same thing. How the heck do you do pickup missions? Am i suppose to call the guy up or something?

Exactly the same happened to me, twice.

Twice I got called to go to the Land Act Damn to recover a van, the first time I took quite a long time and it dissapeared. I just figured I took too long.

Then the second time, I was literally right around the corner....took me about 20 seconds to go to the blue blip then boom....it just disappears and I get a text saying theres gonna be a lot of unhappy smokers.

Must be some sort of glitch.

QuietJosh
  • QuietJosh

Cynical and Grumpy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 September 2013 - 07:12 PM

Glad to know I ain't the only one this happened to - I figured it was a one-time glitch, since I never had the problem with other missions.

Hopefully, R* will fix this along with the garages issue.

SteaVor
  • SteaVor

Professional investor

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 September 2013 - 08:27 PM

You should probably file a bug request for this at http://support.rocks.../en-us/requests if you haven't already.

Personally, I've never had a problem doing missions for the Hen House or SotW. The marker stays there for 3 or 4 minutes.

DwnShft2Xcelr8
  • DwnShft2Xcelr8

Hove Beach Gangsta

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 08:49 PM

This happens every time. The only way I've found to prevent the blue blip from disappearing is by NOT taking the route on your GPS, which has you come up behind the van. Instead come to it head on. Taking a long route and meeting the van head first is how I've been able to complete these missions.

They still suck and I tend to ignore them.

Cyc2u
  • Cyc2u

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 01:35 AM

These missions are whacked. I got one from the Cab company. Went to the P in my car to pick up the person. Didnt do anything wrong. Didnt even hit a car. I drive up to the person and a lady standing next to him goes, "Thats it, im calling the cops!" So i figure she is talking to someone else since i did nothing wrong. But nope. Im wanted. The passenger flees. I fail the mission. Unreal. Its as if they are designed to make you fail one way or another.

BlackNoise
  • BlackNoise

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 October 2013 - 02:45 AM

It's pretty obvious R* added this aspect at the very last minute based on their statements and the way buying/owning property is handled. The first property I bought(car scrapyard) had me confused for awhile, because I didn't even know if I was generating money. The first call I got from that property was during the final story mission. 

im_stoned
  • im_stoned

Hustler

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 October 2013 - 12:33 PM

Smoke on the water was a huge let down. I don't know what I was expecting but I was hoping for a cool mission and cut scene. All the properties are pointless and a waste of time it makes no sense why do you spend the whole game trying to by these bloody things to earn money you don't need at that point and to do missions that should be right at the start of the game ? It's illogical  

im_stoned
  • im_stoned

Hustler

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 October 2013 - 12:35 PM

Smoke on the water was a huge let down. I don't know what I was expecting but I was hoping for a cool mission and cut scene. All the properties are pointless and a waste of time it makes no sense why do you spend the whole game trying to buy these bloody things to earn money you don't need at that point in the game and do missions that should be right at the start of the game ? It's illogical  

ZombieBatman
  • ZombieBatman

Get off my lawn!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 October 2013 - 05:34 PM

I always get Pitchers sending me texts to go do supply runs or chase down a paparazzi ...wish I never bought the place now.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users