Official cash cards are in

115 replies to this topic
THE DRAGOON
  • THE DRAGOON

BRING ME ANOTHER!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 September 2013 - 07:02 PM

"purchase upgrades so that you can destroy those with more skill and less money than you - just like in real life."

from the mock cod advert in GTA V

Oh, cool. We're going to try to mock GTA. 

Want to know the funny bit? GTA isn't offering you high class weapons. They're offering cash cards. If you read the damn link, they said weapon uprades will require a higher rank, and it will be the more expensive bit of the damn game. 

So they can still make Call Of sh*t, or Battlefield as much as they please, because those two offer DLC weapons that put you above the average player. Plus, the max GTA is asking for seems like 10 bucks on those cards.  Games like CoD and Battlefield want how much for their DLC? 

Again, shove off. 

blk95ta
  • blk95ta

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 September 2013 - 07:46 PM

it's a little more than $10 FWIW. the $1.2M card they said is 13 pounds, or about $22 here in the US.

Itislupus
  • Itislupus

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 08:26 PM

"The game and its economy have been designed and balanced for the vast majority of players who will not buy extra cash. There is no in-game paywall and nothing that should disrupt the balance of the game. You don't have to spend real money to attain the cars, guns, clothes, flash and style of a high-roller in Los Santos, but can if you wish to get them a little quicker."

Freaking read the damn article

JohnGazman
  • JohnGazman

"Jesus Christ Lamar, you gotta stop talkin'!"

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 26 September 2013 - 08:28 PM

A car that costs $1 million in the game's single-player mode can be bought for much less in Online - more like $150,000. Properties are also cheaper - the most expensive you can own is $400,000.

I have a feeling the payout for missions is going to be pennies.

Or we're going to be looking a big gap between low end vehicles and the most expensive top-end vehicles. Only the Adder costs 1mil. How much will the Rhino, Buzaard or Z-Type cost?

DeadZombie
  • DeadZombie

Sons Of Ditka - Leader

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 03:57 PM

Sorry I was being extremly dyslexic. It's set before

zmartinz
  • zmartinz

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 04:46 PM

$500,000 Bull Shark Cash Card - £6.99

Properties are also cheaper - the most expensive you can own is $400,000.

So I only need to spend 7 £ to get the most expensive house there is ?

Snoop221
  • Snoop221

Snitch

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 05:14 PM

As I've stated before on these forums, this really isn't that big of a deal. Who cares of someone wants to spend real money on fake money? How is this going to affect your game?? You people making more out of this than you need too.

Online mode is open ended and there is no way to finish it or "beat it." So if someone wants to waste there own money on something that they have plenty of time to gain for free then what does it matter?

Think of it like this.

If I buy £54 worth of £1.250.000m cards that's 5m. I then put the 5m into Ammunation at the beginning of the game, now I'm rich and can buy ANYTHING I want and then control the stocks because I cheated my way to the top with cash cards.

The one remaining thing for GTA Online is whether or not missions payout like the Singleplayer version, the rewards in SP were diabolical with only two big payouts, more if you did the Lester missions at the appropriate time, I for one didn't and neither did many others. 

If I only get $200-$300 dollar as a mission and people can just buy a $100,000 for £1.99 then it's pay 2 win because the reward/time isn't worth it.

You forgot to factor in if you'll need a certain reputation level to even purchase said guns,cars,etc..If the system is like where everything needs a certain rep level this micro transaction thing will have not that big of an effect.

• GTAhole likes this

Apfeltasche
  • Apfeltasche

Snitch

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 05:35 PM

I do like it. I will buy for the start the 1,25 million card, so I can buy a nice car, house and the big CE garage.

I am done with the singleplayer storyline and now I want to start directly with the good stuff and don't make a step back and spend again this much time to get cash... :)

Hopefully Rockstar will fix the garage bug for buyed cars and it will works like the airport hanger and helipot.

Neodynamics
  • Neodynamics

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 05:51 PM

This isn't one fantasy MMO world where everyone is connected. Paying players won't have a advantage over Non Paying since the rank will prevent players from getting something to powerful unless you've reached the proper level. If you game with friends that game for the same reason as you, you should have fun. 

The people that pay are going to pay because they interpret video games differently than those of us that are not going to pay do.

The people that don't pay want to immerse themselves into another world with friends. They want to feel accomplishment and have a story with friends behind every car or property earned. They like to go on adventures and gain gameplay experience from doing so.

The people that will pay are playing a video game, an interactive intricate toy they can experience with friends. They don't have that same sense of immersion that non payers will. They will more likely want instant gratification. They will have nice things, but they won't have an advantage over killing the non payers since the rank will prevent them from having too good of a weapon.

Play with people that game for the same reasons as you and it shouldn't bother you too much. I think it's a realistic route considering Rockstar has to keep all these people employed to maintain and update GTA online, and they have to pay for their servers. Let those who want to pay, pay. Those who don't want to pay, don't.

• Apfeltasche and MuddledMuppet like this

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 29 September 2013 - 07:23 PM Edited by Phyxsius-, 29 September 2013 - 07:24 PM.

"The game and its economy have been designed and balanced for the vast majority of players who will not buy extra cash. There is no in-game paywall and nothing that should disrupt the balance of the game. You don't have to spend real money to attain the cars, guns, clothes, flash and style of a high-roller in Los Santos, but can if you wish to get them a little quicker."

Heists aren`t in the game at launch. And logically, there is where the good money comes from.

Funny how we will be missing the best money making "content" at start. It almost looks like it is deliberate... I`m sure Rockstar will sell money when they will introduce heists... after all.. they are better than God, right?

Rafkin
  • Rafkin

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 07:26 PM

It'll be cheaper buying from the Chinese gold farmers anyway.

csukar
  • csukar

Llama

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 04:10 AM

You make money alot faster online, apparently you make 3-6k from robbing normal shops, so once you can do heists and whatever this won't really matter,  sure some player will have a little bit of an advantage in the early days, but give it a week or two and it won't even matter.

madmanaz
  • madmanaz

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 September 2013 - 04:14 AM

I would've paid $150 for this game if they asked for it. If you wanna be greedy f*cks just ask for it. (THIS game, so EA - I know you're reading.  SMD. Don't even think about it)

This however is some ridiculous sh*t. I'm not afraid people will gain an advantage - its just annoying and makes in game cash lose its prestige.

I hope that money goes straight to your wallet rather than ATM when purchased. Click clack. Headshot to your f*cking cheating ass face, $25 USD on the concrete

All the GTA$ bought with real world money will be deposited directly to the character's bank account to avoid losing real life money. RockStar wouldn't allow someone to do that. That would LITERALLY be robbing someone.

fatelvis
  • fatelvis

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 07:22 AM

As I've stated before on these forums, this really isn't that big of a deal. Who cares of someone wants to spend real money on fake money? How is this going to affect your game?? You people making more out of this than you need too.

Online mode is open ended and there is no way to finish it or "beat it." So if someone wants to waste there own money on something that they have plenty of time to gain for free then what does it matter?

Just so you know when game developers design games to abuse systems like this, they make it so that the economy is such that actually buying these cards is worthwhile if you can afford it. They do this by making your income low enough that such things are actually an advantage. So whether or not you personally buy these cards, whether or not you are effected by the players that have an advantage from them, you are effected in terms of how many extra hours you have to waste grinding instead of having fun.

It's terrible terrible game design. It's basically taking the free to play mmo model and applying it to a pay to  play game that made $1billion in its first 3 days...

They could be pressured to release worthwhile dlc or cosmetic packs, all of which games like DotA have proven is enough to make money off of. And they don't even have the luxury of being a pay to play game that made $750million profit to date.

I'm well aware that money will be scarce online.  It's hard to make enough on single player already, why would online be any different?  There are going to be 500-700 missions to play to make money.  Not to mention all the other ways to gain money.  I don't think I'll feel the need to spend my real cash to enjoy the game. If somebody else wants to skip doing the missions, robbing stores and other players, just to get vehicles and apartments faster, then that doesn't bother me.  I'll be too busy playing the game for what it is too be worried about who spent their money on a cash card.

If online is on going and there is no way to beat it, then I have absolutely no problem grinding it out and earning what I need to buy the items I want.

I'll save my real money to spend on the DLC expansions that will come later on.

Well said!

I'd personally have a lot more fun grinding through and robbing stores or doing missions. Earn that first $20,000 then straight to the stock market.

Anyone who'd buy, would just want to get the good looking things for themselves. Just like real life... If you're poor, you'll drive a sh*t box and if you're rich, you get a Dodge Viper =D.

IDC about the game cards or what R* wants to achieve with them. Let's just enjoy the game!

Omar Comin
  • Omar Comin

Thug

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 12:01 PM

Heists aren`t in the game at launch. And logically, there is where the good money comes from.

Funny how we will be missing the best money making "content" at start. It almost looks like it is deliberate... I`m sure Rockstar will sell money when they will introduce heists... after all.. they are better than God, right?

I'm not one for conspiracy theory's but that does have a ring of logical truth behind it.. 

NewBo
  • NewBo

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 12:34 PM

at the end of the day, people who buy cash will have more cash.. MORE CASH TO STEAL :p I know it goes to your ATM but imagine he takes 1 million out.. then hey hey ;p

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 30 September 2013 - 01:09 PM Edited by Phyxsius-, 30 September 2013 - 01:11 PM.

at the end of the day, people who buy cash will have more cash.. MORE CASH TO STEAL :p I know it goes to your ATM but imagine he takes 1 million out.. then hey hey ;p

Once it is in the bank, it will never see the light of day; not if you aren`t clinically stupid, anyway. All you`ll have to do is walk into a store and pay with a credit card. And credit cards can`t be stolen.

Your only bet is to rob them IF Rockstar decided to put their money in their pockets, which will cause more trouble than it`s worth and lose them (Rockstar) REAL money... and no company will ever risk losing real money - not even EVE dares to put real money in harm`s way.. not without the player wanting to, anyway, so I don`t expect "Rockstar Carebear Republic" to. Even then, shooting everyone on sight on the off chance that they are a wallet warrior will earn you a nice bad sport score and asshole lobbies :)

odiedodi2
  • odiedodi2

Snitch

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 01:16 PM

I don't see the problem honestly. None of you have ever played world of tanks, it seems. There are a lot of tanks for sale in that game that are ~$50, and none of them are significantly better than the F2P tanks. Here's how I look at it, they've already stated that they'll constantly stream in new content, and that much of it will be free. I assume later down the line they'll have large expansions that cost money, but for now they've already confirmed that small expansions, like the beach bum pack, will be free. Obviously they intend to support this long term, so they need to make income from somewhere to fund it. They could have gone the subscription fee route, but IMO, that would be infinitely worse. Instead they seem to be adopting more of a guild wars model and charging a flat fee for the game, giving out most content for free, but allowing micro-transactions that give players a boost, but certainly won't make them overpowered. I don't know about everyone else here, but even before I started making substantial money in SP, I quickly amassed a more than satisfactory arsenal of weapons just from playing the game. I just use my wealth for ridiculous things now. It doesn't make me a better player.

What I'm more worried about, honestly, is the leveling system. The reason I stopped playing max payne's online mode after a few days was because it simply felt like I wasn't making meaningful progress. After taking a day to get adjusted to how it worked, I carried my team to victory 99% of the time, and could do so pretty much with any weapon I had unlocked, but it just took way to long to level up weapons and unlock new ones that I just got totally bored of running the same to pistols over and over and going on tears. It shouldn't be like call of duty where you can sneeze on an enemy and gain five levels, but at the same time I hope they reduced the XP required to level up. Otherwise I could see them selling XP boosters for real money, and that would bother me.

EJTexasMade
  • EJTexasMade

Playa

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 September 2013 - 01:26 PM

If it was deliberate, they'd want Heists in immediately. Are people going to spend more money on cash cards to get the apartments with planning rooms at the release of GTA Online or a month after, once they've already got the in-game cash? 

Brachwah
  • Brachwah

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 01:28 PM

No need to worry about anything. What, are people going to use their cash cards as protective shields when I reign fire on them? Hell no!

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 30 September 2013 - 01:47 PM Edited by Phyxsius-, 30 September 2013 - 01:54 PM.

If it was deliberate, they'd want Heists in immediately. Are people going to spend more money on cash cards to get the apartments with planning rooms at the release of GTA Online or a month after, once they've already got the in-game cash? 

Nope. Without heists the amount of money we can get is smaller, so it takes longer to buy our "stuff" - cars / weapons / clothes. And never ever underestimate the power of "fluff" and "brag". Cosmetic packs still sell like crazy. Just look at the idiots playing SWTOR and you`ll understand.. browse the forums and spot the morons that spent 100$+ for one lousy crystal, just so they can be a "Unique Snowflake" and strut around. 

So it makes sense to make money as hard to get, in order to sell money packs. And they are not even lying.. not on paper anyway, or with clear words, since we WILL get heists, or, you know, THE WHOLE GAME, with the actual money balance... eventually.. sometimes.. in a few weeks. And I am willing to bet they will sell cash cards since day one, not since they will introduce heists.

[EDIT] I don`t know what your momma taught you, but my momma taught me that, in life, there are no coincidences.

odiedodi2
  • odiedodi2

Snitch

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 01:55 PM

Nope. Without heists the amount of money we can get is smaller, so it takes longer to buy our "stuff" - cars / weapons / clothes. And never ever underestimate the power of "fluff" and "brag". Cosmetic packs still sell like crazy. Just look at the idiots playing SWTOR and you`ll understand.. browse the forums and spot the morons that spent 100$+ for one lousy crystal, just so they can be a "Unique Snowflake" and strut around. 

So it makes sense to make money as hard to get, in order to sell money packs. And they are not even lying.. not on paper anyway, or with clear words, since we WILL get heists, or, you know, THE WHOLE GAME, with the actual money balance... eventually.. sometimes.. in a few weeks. And I am willing to bet they will sell cash cards since day one, not since they will introduce heists.

They've stated though that money will be easier to make online, and honestly it's not that hard to make in single player either.  Even without Lester's assassination missions, I'd still be more than wealthy right now.

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 30 September 2013 - 02:00 PM

They've stated though that money will be easier to make online, and honestly it's not that hard to make in single player either.  Even without Lester's assassination missions, I'd still be more than wealthy right now.

No they didn`t. They stated that things will be cheaper...

tre288
  • tre288

Trick

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 02:15 PM

Yeah, they actually did. They said they believe people will be able to make money much faster/easier in GTAO than singleplayer.

BlademanX
  • BlademanX

Soldier

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 02:34 PM

Whingersssss. Get over it

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 30 September 2013 - 02:53 PM Edited by Phyxsius-, 30 September 2013 - 03:20 PM.

Yeah, they actually did. They said they believe people will be able to make money much faster/easier in GTAO than singleplayer.

Which is just as informative as me saying that it`ll rain tomorrow where you live. Faster/easier in regards to what, exactly? Time? One second, one hour, one week, one year? Heists? Heists per hour? Robbing Liquor Stores? Selling cars to the Junk yard? Sending Amanda to work at street corners? 

So, at 16 hours and 21 minutes clocked on my social club account, I got 17 mils on my protagonist morons - no stock, no side missions, just half assed campaign game. By your words, at 16 hours and 21 minutes invested in the multiplayer I should have MORE than 17 mils on my avatar. Good luck believing that sh*t...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users