Photo

Official cash cards are in

115 replies to this topic
Zupexqt
  • Zupexqt

Rat

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 06:04 PM

I still think to many people are focusing on p2w and the benefits of buying the card, whilst ignoring the fact every game that comes with a system like this has an economy that has sh*tter income than it normally would so as to provoke you into buying the cards.

I think peoples concerns on this front are well validated and we will see what it is like when it's out for non buyers. But people not having any issue with it, in a $1billion game that has all the potential for decent cosmetic DLC and maps as its way of funding is a mystery to me. Anyone that has played mmos and seen this type of system being implemented knows how badly it can turn out and it doesn't take much insight to see how it could be a problem. So whilst none of us know the specifics and won't until october, people that blindly dismiss arguments against such a system are just as bad as those that blindly argue.

One Eye
  • One Eye

Rat

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 06:08 PM

I offer my condolences if you've never been on a leaderboard for game that you compete in. If cash is the incentive, thats what I'm playing it for. I'm not playing it to be on a headset with Jimmy, do donuts and see f*cking explosions. The leaderboard my friend, so I can show my girlfriend, my parents, my hamster and get a f*cking pat on the back.

If I'm doing heists to earn cash, I'd like to not only buy things with it but chase people in the cash leaderboard ahead me. That gives me an incentive to play. Sure, Rockstar may only rank cash "earned" rather than cash "purchased" - but even thats merely a speculation, just like this topic, and the OPs opinion that he's "entitled" to. http://dictionary.re...browse/ENTITLED

Oh you're buying cash? It isn't because you want to support Rockstar. Don't disguise it in weapons upgrades. Its because your gaming skills are incompetent. And yes I am better than you, mentally and physically with a controller, just for thinking like that. You're welcome to purchase and play the game how you want - but lets open your second top kitchen drawer, reach for the sharpest knife cut the bullsh*t out

Not everyone cares about leaderboards and how "superior" they make you feel. your gratification comes from thinking your rank on a leaderboard means something and that other people care that you're on it, other peoples gratification comes from playing the game and enjoying it their way.

You mention it's just speculation that bought cash might not contribute to a leaderboards statistics, yet you're here speculating that money in general plays any part in leaderboard statistics. For all you know it could just track kills, successful heists, completed missions.

Regardless, it's not hard to think that If the leaderboards rank based on funds, that they would track based on those earned from completing missions, robbing stores, doing heists, payouts from stocks etc.

Hopefully you're right about this part.

tre288
  • tre288

Trick

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 06:09 PM

I still think to many people are focusing on p2w and the benefits of buying the card, whilst ignoring the fact every game that comes with a system like this has an economy that has sh*tter income than it normally would so as to provoke you into buying the cards.

I think peoples concerns on this front are well validated and we will see what it is like when it's out for non buyers. But people not having any issue with it, in a $1billion game that has all the potential for decent cosmetic DLC and maps as its way of funding is a mystery to me. Anyone that has played mmos and seen this type of system being implemented knows how badly it can turn out and it doesn't take much insight to see how it could be a problem. So whilst none of us know the specifics and won't until october, people that blindly dismiss arguments against such a system are just as bad as those that blindly argue.

I honestly look forward to whatever DLC clothing packs and things like that get released further down the line for online.

We can say almost certainly that that will happen, and I hope Rockstar gets creative with those things.\

I don't think Rockstar has engineered GTA:O to be difficult, or hard to make money in regardless of whether or not you buy a cash card. I'm sure people playing to save money and buy things without a cash boost aren't going to be hard strapped for cash when they want to purchase something. There are still plenty of ways to make money, and we don;t really know the set prices of things like weapons and whatnot, and what an average yield of a successful heist may be.

I'm not worried about it. Either way, its going to be a fun experience.

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 06:10 PM

Here`s the thing: Talk is cheap, whiskey`s for money.

2 ways to deal with this: buy said cards, or don`t buy said cards. It might take one player more or less time to get "there", but, in the end, everybody will.

Now, what you do AFTERWARDS is what matters - if you feel like Rockstar is turning into the new EA, will you boycott their next product(s)? Everything else is just a nice fairy tale, I`m afraid.

SideburnGuru
  • SideburnGuru

He'll be a god to them.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 September 2013 - 06:12 PM

Only way I'll have confirmed beef with this, is if they truly do take away bank robberies, or a good chunk of the money. 

If a player robs the biggest bank in the damn game, puts true effort into it, and doesn't get more than 900k, or hell even one milli? I'd be pissed. 

That's me being nice, I truly think if you rob the biggest bank in the game, you deserve at least 5 mil. Only saying mil because that link said everything from SP goes down in price majorly. Meaning bil kinda pushes it. 

Causton97
  • Causton97

Time Lord

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 September 2013 - 06:25 PM Edited by Causton97, 25 September 2013 - 06:30 PM.

To put your minds at rest - http://www.rockstarg...uto-online.html

Reputation and Cash Flow: Reputation is earned from all your online exploits in everything you do in GTA Online – and will help you rank up, providing access to new features, weapons and criminal contacts. Spend cash you’ve gained on cars, clothes, guns, properties and much more. You can either quickly accumulate cash through profitable activities like knocking over armored cars, winning street races, doing stick-ups or a host of other cash-making endeavors – or if you’re the completely instant gratification type, you can choose to buy denominations of GTA$. You will have the option to purchase GTA$ through the in-game Store. The game and its economy have been designed and balanced for the vast majority of players who will not buy extra cash. There is no in-game paywall and nothing that should disrupt the balance of the game. You don’t have to spend real money to attain the cars, guns, clothes, flash and style of a high-roller in Los Santos, but can if you wish to get them a little quicker. The economy is balanced differently from the single player economy, and cash earned in one cannot be taken over to the other. Most players will earn cash much faster Online than in Story Mode.

GTAhole
  • GTAhole

BPC

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 06:29 PM

Do you honestly think I'd be talking about subjects and getting concerned over such decisions to the degree I am if I didn't think I was going to enjoy it? Quote me once where I say I am not looking forward to it at all.

I can simply recognize when a potentially amazing game has things in it that are going to effect my experience in a negative manner. Just because I recognize these things doesn't mean that I dislike the game, I just notice huge flaws in design that are against everything I believe the gaming industry should be doing. I am going to be playing the game as I find it fun, but I am still going to call the company out when they do scumbag moves like this. And if the grind is over the top like a free to play game when it comes out I will continue to argue against the moves they are putting through irrespective of how fun I find the game or not.

Don't have to hate the game to notice a company taking advantage of it's playerbase. They know for a fact you will want to play the game which is why they can get away with f*cking people up the arse with microtransactions. To just let that go with no discussion on it is wrong in my eyes.

If people didn't like the game they wouldn't be bothered.

How would this effect your experience in a negative way?  Because someone else is able to buy something you don't have enough money for?  Kudos to you for not wanting optional micro-transactions in a game you already paid full price for.  But they are just that, optional.  I don't see how this would effect your gaming experience in the slightest.  Unless you're just going to get jealous because someone bought something you can't afford..  I have a job and I have to be at work all week.  I know there will be plenty of people who can stay home and level up their character and earn cash quicker than I will.  So what do I care if I see somebody come out of their nice apartment in Vinewood hills driving a modified car that I couldn't afford?  Steal said car or blow it up if you're mad about it.  Thats the name of the game.

The fact of the matter is, while micro-transactions seem to be fairly concrete nothing has been officially confirmed.  Nobody knows how much this will affect game play. I would hope that the folks at Rockstar are smarter than to try and push players into paying to get ahead.  From what little evidence we have of the purchases you can make in game, they seem to be minor. The only reason you would want to buy that, I'm guessing, is if you wanted to buy something that you can't yet afford.  It's not going to help you "get ahead." As someone else stated, you can only purchase certain things at certain levels.  Go ahead and buy all the in game cash you want and invest it in the stock market to make it grow even bigger.  But you'll have nothing to spend it on until you play the game.

If people tolerate this sh*t, we are all going to end up buying full price games full of limitations designed around in game purchases as a standard. So I will 100% argue against any form of this greed.

I doubt people would continue playing any game that did that, No matter how fun it is. Even people that could afford such a thing would eventually get bored with no one to play with.

nowaydawg
  • nowaydawg

Rat

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 06:44 PM Edited by nowaydawg, 25 September 2013 - 06:46 PM.

You guys know this works on two ways, right?

Some people will do large amount of Heists and  sell virtual GTA$ for real life money. like on IGXE.

• _KC likes this

maloy82
  • maloy82

Rat

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:02 PM

you people complain about this to much, if you read, what they  said about this,   it will not imbalance, the game at all,  so what someone has a few extra, dollars in there real life bank account, they earned it, let it alone, it is what it is  deal with it,

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:12 PM Edited by Phyxsius-, 25 September 2013 - 07:15 PM.

[...]. Most players will earn cash much faster Online than in Story Mode.

Now, here`s the kicker and what I think it`s a blatant lie: As of yesterday, when I finished the game, in a lazy kinda chaotic way, I have 17 mil on each of my 3 chars. Am I supposed to believe that I will sit on 17 mil+ after roughly one week of multiplayer? And be gated to content only by rank? Because something doesn`t add up; if it does, all the better, as we`ll swim in money. 

Probably it`s a smart PR lie... not lying, but not telling the truth either, ala "You will earn money constantly, but at a snail rate, not in big chunks like the single player campaign and during a significantly larger time frame".

Pinnkiepie
  • Pinnkiepie

PIE

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:20 PM

13 quid for 1.3 mill dollars :D

DeadZombie
  • DeadZombie

Sons Of Ditka - Leader

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:45 PM

1. Rockstar has yet to even have this confirmed  yet. Posting a link and saying its confirmed is extremely retarded. 

2. Who cares. I purchased the CE it was well worth the money being a fan of every single one of thier games.

They are offering a shortcut take or leave it. Quit bitching. Pleanty of other games get away with it and its also justified.

3. This is set weeks after the storys ending events. Obviously if you played the f*cking story you would know the economy crashed hard as sh*t in ending events. So it makes sense your pulling only so much money out of banks and heists. 

I've heard and read in many other places that GTA:O was set before not after. I'm not sure which it's actually going to be now since the last few mentions of GTA:O's place in time have been said to be after.

Every preview ive seen says after.

Every preview I've seen has said before. CVG one to be exact which was Leslie Benzies own words. 

I take it you recall your arguments or you only going to reply to one sentence?

Source?

Yeah well you dont need more than one to argue with a child. They usually listen after you tell them the first one but then again your pretty ignorant about others opinions its not too shocking otherwise.

Thats 2. 

DeadZombie
  • DeadZombie

Sons Of Ditka - Leader

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:51 PM

[...]. Most players will earn cash much faster Online than in Story Mode.

Now, here`s the kicker and what I think it`s a blatant lie: As of yesterday, when I finished the game, in a lazy kinda chaotic way, I have 17 mil on each of my 3 chars. Am I supposed to believe that I will sit on 17 mil+ after roughly one week of multiplayer? And be gated to content only by rank? Because something doesn`t add up; if it does, all the better, as we`ll swim in money. 

Probably it`s a smart PR lie... not lying, but not telling the truth either, ala "You will earn money constantly, but at a snail rate, not in big chunks like the single player campaign and during a significantly larger time frame".

It says you will be earning more money quicker then you will be in single player. your lieing about the damn main source you fool.

Its an option if you want to earn it alittle quicker.

Us NON broke players can use that option if we please. As you kids can whine all you want about how damn broke you are. 

What is rockstar forcing you to do? Play the game more than 20 mins that youve been waiting 6 years to play? 

Geez what a bunch of dicks.

AGNT009
  • AGNT009

Trick

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:54 PM

i missed the part where they reassured me assets I buy with real cash can never be lost or stolen. If theres even a minor chance I lose an asset I spent money on, I wont spend $1 in this game. Real money should go into a game credit card, and all CC purchases can never be lost or permanently stolen

Preferably, if Im driving down street and I dont have protection enabled, a guy can steal my car. When another player enters my car, a replacement immediatly spawns at my house or garage. Thief can play with my vehicle, but when he logs off, my car disappears. Thief can not pay to repair or upgrade credit protected vehicles they dont originally own. Players in your crew can not drive your vehicles under CC protection. If I blow my car up or drive it off cliff into ocean, I get an instant respawn at home. Game cash can be put into CC balance, but its a 100% markup, meaning to protect 50,000 credit card purchase, you must pay 100,000 game cash. that would be a fair system I would buy into. anything less, probably not.

GTAspotter
  • GTAspotter

Middle Park East/Rockford Hills Resident

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:58 PM

Its downhill from this point on.

• _KC likes this

DeadZombie
  • DeadZombie

Sons Of Ditka - Leader

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 08:08 PM

i missed the part where they reassured me assets I buy with real cash can never be lost or stolen. If theres even a minor chance I lose an asset I spent money on, I wont spend $1 in this game. Real money should go into a game credit card, and all CC purchases can never be lost or permanently stolen

Preferably, if Im driving down street and I dont have protection enabled, a guy can steal my car. When another player enters my car, a replacement immediatly spawns at my house or garage. Thief can play with my vehicle, but when he logs off, my car disappears. Thief can not pay to repair or upgrade credit protected vehicles they dont originally own. Players in your crew can not drive your vehicles under CC protection. If I blow my car up or drive it off cliff into ocean, I get an instant respawn at home. Game cash can be put into CC balance, but its a 100% markup, meaning to protect 50,000 credit card purchase, you must pay 100,000 game cash. that would be a fair system I would buy into. anything less, probably not.

Thats the idea. It goes right into a bank account and you use it on whatever.

Black Rabbit
  • Black Rabbit

Owsla

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 September 2013 - 08:37 PM

"Oh no!!! People are going to be able to spend their real money to get things faster than I can! Bullsh*t, totally unfair. I want to be the one with the most money!"

Seriously people. Who cares how much money the other people have? Leaderboards don't mean a damn thing in these games. Never have. Never will. Just have fun with your friends online.  

• MuddledMuppet, SideburnGuru and GTAhole like this

FXtrader
  • FXtrader

Rat

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:17 PM Edited by FXtrader, 25 September 2013 - 09:18 PM.

A car that costs $1 million in the game's single-player mode can be bought for much less in Online - more like $150,000. Properties are also cheaper - the most expensive you can own is $400,000.

I have a feeling the payout for missions is going to be pennies.

no man, the payouts are higher online, and the cost of everything cheaper

its going to be literally pointless. it should actually be DIFFICULT to get a mini gun. None of this unrealistic $15,000 bullsh*t. Its much more expensive than that IRL for a mini gun (and you could never find one in a public gunshop)

money should be almost entirely used for ammo upkeep costs, insurance on car (as dying will cause you to lose it if not)....  otherwise what is the point of the in game economy.

i have a feeling R* went on the worlds most epic false advertising spree from March to September during the delay.

we will see in a week anyway.

GlaciusTS
  • GlaciusTS

Rat

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:34 PM

Hopefully I'll still be able to rack up money quickly by robbing stores repetitively. I'll probably wind up spending money on stocks though at the start. 

FXtrader
  • FXtrader

Rat

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:40 PM Edited by FXtrader, 25 September 2013 - 09:43 PM.

So ridiculous.

Alright.  Humor me.  You made the thread so let's hear it. 

WHY is this ridiculous?  So a guy wants to spend his 5 dollars to get 200,000 dollars cash ingame.  How in the world does this affect you in ANY way?  You still get to play the game, right?  You still get to make money, right?  You still get to play the game how you want to, right?

Are you mad cause he gets a car before you?

rockstar seems to have plenty of features such as players dropping their wallets on the ground.  What if someone spent 100 bucks on the ingame shop and you killed him, taking all his money?

I really hate people like you who bash a system in a video game BEFORE IT IS EVEN ANNOUNCED OR EXPLAINED.

WHY do you care SO MUCH about other people spending their money for FAKE money in a video game?  You really are an interesting person for caring so deeply about others buying in game money.  You've made several posts about it so far and i'm only a day old to the forums...

All you people that are so bent out of shape about a real money shop need to relax.  YOU DON'T HAVE TO SPEND YOUR MONEY.  Also, IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT STOP COMPLAINING AND PLAY SINGLE PLAYER BY YOURSELF.  We don't want you online with all that negativity, seriously keep it to yourself.

its not about us spending OUR money moron

honestly people who don't understand how pay 2 win destroys games havent been gaming for long enough.

this was not suppose to be (or was not advertised as such)

a CALL OF DUTY GTA STYLE (at least that's not what people want).

but its probably what we are going to get.

nothing matters, just load in with a small amount of players (8-16), shoot em up (or do a race or mission) and then log off. how is that "years and years of sustainable gameplay" rockstar??

Black Rabbit
  • Black Rabbit

Owsla

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:48 PM

nothing matters, just load in with a small amount of players (8-16), shoot em up (or do a race or mission) and then log off. how is that "years and years of sustainable gameplay" rockstar??

People are idiots. Above, you'll see a good example. 

_KC
  • _KC

A Buck 30 on Black Ice The Fast Life

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 10:22 PM

Leaderboards don't mean a damn thing in these games. Never have. Never will. Just have fun with your friends online.

Oh I forgot. Social Club was created to discuss albino guinea pigs and whipped cream iHOP smoothies.

Leaderboards don't mean a damn thing. Never have. Never will.

rocinante89
  • rocinante89

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 10:31 PM

Looking forward to dropping some real life cash and getting a few million to invest in ammunation! That way, when you kids buy ammo with the time you put in, you'll actually be paying me! Cheers!

Black Rabbit
  • Black Rabbit

Owsla

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 September 2013 - 11:13 PM

Leaderboards don't mean a damn thing in these games. Never have. Never will. Just have fun with your friends online.

Oh I forgot. Social Club was created to discuss albino guinea pigs and whipped cream iHOP smoothies.

Leaderboards don't mean a damn thing. Never have. Never will.

They're fun to look at, but, what have you ever gotten from them? Like, right now, one guy playing darts has 400 wins more than anyone else, but, what does it matter? If you're worried that people using RL cash are going to buy better cars and guns before you can and get higher on the leaderboard, then, I don't know. Pay some RL cash if it matters that much to you. 

Social club was created to follow your friends and crew mates and to track your own progress over the majority of R* games. Some people take that too far. Almost every single leader board in every single game is flooded with boosters, people who will do the same thing over and over and over and over just to be #1 at playing darts (or whatever). I'm just saying that it doesn't mean anything besides that person has more time to play than everyone else. Paying for in game cash is just like not having a job and playing non stop. No real difference. 

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

GTA III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLAD, TBoGT and V all 100%

• Members
  • England
  • Best Avatar 2012
    Winner of Euro 2012 Prediction League

Posted 25 September 2013 - 11:23 PM

I definetly aint going to be paying real money for virtual money in any game not even GTA. Ill just work for my money and while it may take a little longer to buy certain things, who cares. Means ill be playing the game more i guess.

ells144
  • ells144

i like franklin because of lamar

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 September 2013 - 11:26 PM

this is the time Xbox live rewards has served me well :)

aR2k
  • aR2k

Playa

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 11:37 PM

As I've stated before on these forums, this really isn't that big of a deal. Who cares of someone wants to spend real money on fake money? How is this going to affect your game?? You people making more out of this than you need too.

Online mode is open ended and there is no way to finish it or "beat it." So if someone wants to waste there own money on something that they have plenty of time to gain for free then what does it matter?

Think of it like this.

If I buy £54 worth of £1.250.000m cards that's 5m. I then put the 5m into Ammunation at the beginning of the game, now I'm rich and can buy ANYTHING I want and then control the stocks because I cheated my way to the top with cash cards.

The one remaining thing for GTA Online is whether or not missions payout like the Singleplayer version, the rewards in SP were diabolical with only two big payouts, more if you did the Lester missions at the appropriate time, I for one didn't and neither did many others. 

If I only get $200-$300 dollar as a mission and people can just buy a $100,000 for £1.99 then it's pay 2 win because the reward/time isn't worth it.

I like how some people assume that putting money into ammunation will guarantee you a 2000% return on your stocks.

a) We havent seen the game

b) We dont know how buying stuff is gonna work

c) We havent even seen the stock market how its supposed to work.

As with all stocks, you may risk loosing everything. Suprised you havent sold everything you own to put it into stocks, seeing as it is THAT easy

everydaynormalguy
  • everydaynormalguy

Rat

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 01:10 AM

Most likely you will only be able to purchase certain items at certain levels.  So even if you buy in game money,  you still cant buy all the good crap until you actually play the game and rank up.   If its not like that rockstar just shot themselves in the foot imo.  You lose prestige of everything in the game if you can just drop 20 bucks and all of a sudden everything is unlocked. 

One thing that worries me is that they know BF4, COD Ghosts and a ton of other games are coming out soon, they might of just made this online experience to make some quick cash before kids move on to the next titles.   I hope this is wrong but is very possible.  

• _KC likes this

Sordidjaws
  • Sordidjaws

Heist Planner

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 26 September 2013 - 01:36 AM

I don't see the deal with the microtransactions, it's just ingame money. Not like Rockstar is selling "Instant level 100! Extra health and exclusive gunz 4 money!!!!"

Many people don't have time to play GTA Online alot because they have work/school but they still want to get money so this would be beneficial to them 

ThatGr
  • ThatGr

Pimp

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 06:57 PM

"purchase upgrades so that you can destroy those with more skill and less money than you - just like in real life."

from the mock cod advert in GTA V

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users