Rat

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 02:34 PM

Most def

Omar Comin
  • Omar Comin

Thug

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 02:42 PM Edited by VeNoMxOfxWaR, 25 September 2013 - 02:42 PM.

A car that costs $1 million in the game's single-player mode can be bought for much less in Online - more like $150,000. Properties are also cheaper - the most expensive you can own is $400,000.

I have a feeling the payout for missions is going to be pennies.

• _KC likes this

ethqpresident
  • ethqpresident

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 02:44 PM

wow this is so crazy...need to release this on my website! thanks for the intel!

• Omar Comin likes this

GTAhole
  • GTAhole

BPC

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 02:47 PM

As I've stated before on these forums, this really isn't that big of a deal. Who cares of someone wants to spend real money on fake money? How is this going to affect your game?? You people making more out of this than you need too.

Online mode is open ended and there is no way to finish it or "beat it." So if someone wants to waste there own money on something that they have plenty of time to gain for free then what does it matter?
  • Ertrick36, creed200569, SideburnGuru and 1 other like this

_KC
  • _KC

A Buck 30 on Black Ice The Fast Life

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 02:49 PM Edited by _KC, 25 September 2013 - 02:52 PM.

I would've paid $150 for this game if they asked for it. If you wanna be greedy f*cks just ask for it. (THIS game, so EA - I know you're reading.  SMD. Don't even think about it)

This however is some ridiculous sh*t. I'm not afraid people will gain an advantage - its just annoying and makes in game cash lose its prestige.

I hope that money goes straight to your wallet rather than ATM when purchased. Click clack. Headshot to your f*cking cheating ass face, $25 USD on the concrete

• Omar Comin and IamRob like this

DaCosta
  • DaCosta

G-T-Addict

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 02:53 PM

Most of us will be happy to work for the money - I mean, that means we have to put up with playing the game lots, I suppose *sigh*

But there's nothing wrong with rich and spoilt people living in Los Santos - you should already be used to that! :p

Omar Comin
  • Omar Comin

Thug

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 02:54 PM

As I've stated before on these forums, this really isn't that big of a deal. Who cares of someone wants to spend real money on fake money? How is this going to affect your game?? You people making more out of this than you need too.

Online mode is open ended and there is no way to finish it or "beat it." So if someone wants to waste there own money on something that they have plenty of time to gain for free then what does it matter?

Think of it like this.

If I buy £54 worth of £1.250.000m cards that's 5m. I then put the 5m into Ammunation at the beginning of the game, now I'm rich and can buy ANYTHING I want and then control the stocks because I cheated my way to the top with cash cards.

The one remaining thing for GTA Online is whether or not missions payout like the Singleplayer version, the rewards in SP were diabolical with only two big payouts, more if you did the Lester missions at the appropriate time, I for one didn't and neither did many others. 

If I only get $200-$300 dollar as a mission and people can just buy a $100,000 for £1.99 then it's pay 2 win because the reward/time isn't worth it.

• Rorschach37 likes this

creed200569
  • creed200569

Peon

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 02:54 PM

Why do ppl care so much about this LOL. Dont f-ing buy it if u dont want it, simple as that

• SchwartzJesuz and IrishRed88 like this

Snapabowl
  • Snapabowl

Errl User

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 02:56 PM

So ridiculous.

Alright.  Humor me.  You made the thread so let's hear it. 

WHY is this ridiculous?  So a guy wants to spend his 5 dollars to get 200,000 dollars cash ingame.  How in the world does this affect you in ANY way?  You still get to play the game, right?  You still get to make money, right?  You still get to play the game how you want to, right?

Are you mad cause he gets a car before you?

rockstar seems to have plenty of features such as players dropping their wallets on the ground.  What if someone spent 100 bucks on the ingame shop and you killed him, taking all his money?

I really hate people like you who bash a system in a video game BEFORE IT IS EVEN ANNOUNCED OR EXPLAINED.

WHY do you care SO MUCH about other people spending their money for FAKE money in a video game?  You really are an interesting person for caring so deeply about others buying in game money.  You've made several posts about it so far and i'm only a day old to the forums...

All you people that are so bent out of shape about a real money shop need to relax.  YOU DON'T HAVE TO SPEND YOUR MONEY.  Also, IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT STOP COMPLAINING AND PLAY SINGLE PLAYER BY YOURSELF.  We don't want you online with all that negativity, seriously keep it to yourself.

• MuddledMuppet likes this

Omar Comin
  • Omar Comin

Thug

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 02:57 PM

So ridiculous.

Alright.  Humor me.  You made the thread so let's hear it. 

WHY is this ridiculous?  So a guy wants to spend his 5 dollars to get 200,000 dollars cash ingame.  How in the world does this affect you in ANY way?  You still get to play the game, right?  You still get to make money, right?  You still get to play the game how you want to, right?

Are you mad cause he gets a car before you?

rockstar seems to have plenty of features such as players dropping their wallets on the ground.  What if someone spent 100 bucks on the ingame shop and you killed him, taking all his money?

I really hate people like you who bash a system in a video game BEFORE IT IS EVEN ANNOUNCED OR EXPLAINED.

WHY do you care SO MUCH about other people spending their money for FAKE money in a video game?  You really are an interesting person for caring so deeply about others buying in game money.  You've made several posts about it so far and i'm only a day old to the forums...

All you people that are so bent out of shape about a real money shop need to relax.  YOU DON'T HAVE TO SPEND YOUR MONEY.  Also, IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT STOP COMPLAINING AND PLAY SINGLE PLAYER BY YOURSELF.  We don't want you online with all that negativity, seriously keep it to yourself.

You seem a little bit angry. I answered your post before you posted mate. 

Zupexqt
  • Zupexqt

Rat

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 03:00 PM

Just so you know when game developers design games to abuse systems like this, they make it so that the economy is such that actually buying these cards is worthwhile if you can afford it. They do this by making your income low enough that such things are actually an advantage. So whether or not you personally buy these cards, whether or not you are effected by the players that have an advantage from them, you are effected in terms of how many extra hours you have to waste grinding instead of having fun.

It's terrible terrible game design. It's basically taking the free to play mmo model and applying it to a pay to  play game that made $1billion in its first 3 days...

They could be pressured to release worthwhile dlc or cosmetic packs, all of which games like DotA have proven is enough to make money off of. And they don't even have the luxury of being a pay to play game that made $750million profit to date.

• _KC and James Bond 007 like this

Cavintine
  • Cavintine

Kid's A Hero

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 03:02 PM

I can't support these modern micro-transaction business decisions. I'm still anticipating the game, but I won't put forth a penny for anything outside of character aesthetics. I'll never be a fan of buying power.

• MedicinalDoctor and James Bond 007 like this

Omar Comin
  • Omar Comin

Thug

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 03:04 PM

I just wish they charged for extra islands in the form of DLC, Vice City DLC, Liberty City DLC for £30. However most people will likely buy these things and never think twice about it.

Snapabowl
  • Snapabowl

Errl User

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 03:07 PM

Think of it like this.

If I buy £54 worth of £1.250.000m cards that's 5m. I then put the 5m into Ammunation at the beginning of the game, now I'm rich and can buy ANYTHING I want and then control the stocks because I cheated my way to the top with cash cards.

The one remaining thing for GTA Online is whether or not missions payout like the Singleplayer version, the rewards in SP were diabolical with only two big payouts, more if you did the Lester missions at the appropriate time, I for one didn't and neither did many others. 

If I only get $200-$300 dollar as a mission and people can just buy a $100,000 for £1.99 then it's pay 2 win because the reward/time isn't worth it.

Look at your IF statements.  IF I was the ruler of the world cake would be served every friday.  IF the sky was red it wouldn't be blue.  These are what's obnoxious.  You don't know anything about how they will implement it or how it will work and you're already bashing it.

You've got your opinion, and i'll respect that, but don't act like you know the mechanics of something that ISN'T OFFICALY ANNOUNCED.  Your whining will be much more justified when we hear the actual announcement.

Omar Comin
  • Omar Comin

Thug

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 03:08 PM

Think of it like this.

Look at your IF statements.  IF I was the ruler of the world cake would be served every friday.  IF the sky was red it wouldn't be blue.  These are what's obnoxious.  You don't know anything about how they will implement it or how it will work and you're already bashing it.

You've got your opinion, and i'll respect that, but don't act like you know the mechanics of something that ISN'T OFFICALY ANNOUNCED.  Your whining will be much more justified when we hear the actual announcement.

It's been announced. The only thing left is how much regular players who don't buy these cards will have to grind just to get a car or a gun or the biggest apartment.

• DaCosta likes this

Snapabowl
  • Snapabowl

Errl User

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 03:13 PM

It's been announced. The only thing left is how much regular players who don't buy these cards will have to grind just to get a car or a gun or the biggest apartment.

Where has Rockstar announced it?

Do you mean your Eurogamer post?

I'll quote right from it.

The four GTA Online currency cards spotted yesterday in the code of Rockstar's own site are still to be officially announced, but we understand they will have UK prices of the following amounts:

LOL

But seriously bud.  You're taking this too far.  They've probably thought of ALL the complaints you are dreaming up.  Give them a chance before you bash them. 

In fact... taken from your Eurogamer post.

This means that, even with extra money from cash packs, a low-level character will have few options to initially spend it on. Players start with the option to buy just pistols and a single set of tyres.

See?  You can't even SPEND all that money if you buy it all right away.

So chill out a bit and wait till you really know what is happening.

GTAhole
  • GTAhole

BPC

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 03:14 PM Edited by GTAhole, 25 September 2013 - 03:15 PM.

Just so you know when game developers design games to abuse systems like this, they make it so that the economy is such that actually buying these cards is worthwhile if you can afford it. They do this by making your income low enough that such things are actually an advantage. So whether or not you personally buy these cards, whether or not you are effected by the players that have an advantage from them, you are effected in terms of how many extra hours you have to waste grinding instead of having fun.

It's terrible terrible game design. It's basically taking the free to play mmo model and applying it to a pay to  play game that made $1billion in its first 3 days...

They could be pressured to release worthwhile dlc or cosmetic packs, all of which games like DotA have proven is enough to make money off of. And they don't even have the luxury of being a pay to play game that made $750million profit to date.

I'm well aware that money will be scarce online.  It's hard to make enough on single player already, why would online be any different?  There are going to be 500-700 missions to play to make money.  Not to mention all the other ways to gain money.  I don't think I'll feel the need to spend my real cash to enjoy the game. If somebody else wants to skip doing the missions, robbing stores and other players, just to get vehicles and apartments faster, then that doesn't bother me.  I'll be too busy playing the game for what it is too be worried about who spent their money on a cash card.

If online is on going and there is no way to beat it, then I have absolutely no problem grinding it out and earning what I need to buy the items I want.

I'll save my real money to spend on the DLC expansions that will come later on.

• Snapabowl likes this

Omar Comin
  • Omar Comin

Thug

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 03:17 PM

Where has Rockstar announced it?

Do you mean your Eurogamer post?

I'll quote right from it.

The four GTA Online currency cards spotted yesterday in the code of Rockstar's own site are still to be officially announced, but we understand they will have UK prices of the following amounts:

LOL

But seriously bud.  You're taking this too far.  They've probably thought of ALL the complaints you are dreaming up.  Give them a chance before you bash them. 

In fact... taken from your Eurogamer post.

This means that, even with extra money from cash packs, a low-level character will have few options to initially spend it on. Players start with the option to buy just pistols and a single set of tyres.

See?  You can't even SPEND all that money if you buy it all right away.

So chill out a bit and wait till you really know what is happening.

It'll be in, as I'm not an optimist like you, mate. 

Snapabowl
  • Snapabowl

Errl User

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 03:21 PM

You must not clearly understand what I'm saying so i'll give you one last post.

I realise it will be in the game MOST LIKELY.  Yes, I understand this.  BUT, what I don't understand is YOU making a fuss over all this Pay to Win sh*t when you have no idea how the in game shop will work.  I'll leave you to this thread to complain about it with others.  Just wanted to say my piece.

Skaytful
  • Skaytful

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 03:24 PM

I realise it will be in the game MOST LIKELY.  Yes, I understand this.  BUT, what I don't understand is YOU making a fuss over all this Pay to Win sh*t when you have no idea how the in game shop will work.  I'll leave you to this thread to complain about it with others.  Just wanted to say my piece.

Its pretty obvious that the structure for the money packs will be the four Shark cash cards. OP's been making a good point just chill bro

Omar Comin
  • Omar Comin

Thug

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 03:25 PM

You can buy anything in the game it's not like this money will be a special type.

Logically. It would be a waste of time to put cashcards in if money was just as easy to get freely.

Zupexqt
  • Zupexqt

Rat

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 03:27 PM

I'm well aware that money will be scarce online.  It's hard to make enough on single player already, why would online be any different?  There are going to be 500-700 missions to play to make money.  Not to mention all the other ways to gain money.  I don't think I'll feel the need to spend my real cash to enjoy the game. If somebody else wants to skip doing the missions, robbing stores and other players, just to get vehicles and apartments faster, then that doesn't bother me.  I'll be too busy playing the game for what it is too be worried about who spent their money on a cash card.

If online is on going and there is no way to beat it, then I have absolutely no problem grinding it out and earning what I need to buy the items I want.

I just don't agree that it's acceptable for a games basic grind like currency to be lengthened because of it's open ended nature. When basic game design ($500 for store robberies when things cost millions) means that you can't generate a decent and balanced income there is a major flaw there.

And it's obvious with any leaks regarding these cards that such design choices were there to promote cash cards.

It's like increasing the gold cost of everything in an mmo by ten and telling me it's ok because it's open ended and you can buy the currency... It's bullsh*t and people are just to used to companies like EA giving it to em.

There is no justifiable reason for these to be in game instead of a balanced economy. DLC aesthetic content and actual missions/maps is the way to go. Just because it's a franchise we all like is no reason to put up with this crap.

_KC
  • _KC

A Buck 30 on Black Ice The Fast Life

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 03:32 PM

It doesn't have to be officially announced. He's making an opinion on the idea of a pay-model being implemented. Theres a confirmed section on this forum, for confirmed information. This topic wasn't posted under that category - if you wanna be a perky internet officer, situate yourself patiently in that subsection simultaneously with rockstar's twitter feed.

Anyone playing this game competitively will have an opinion about micro transactions that affect the most important aspect, cash. DLC, weapons, aesthetics, vehicles - everyones game for it. The fun is taken out of putting in work for cash, when everyone else is buying it for a couple bucks. It affects me because I play the game. If I was a casual gamer who plays GTA occasionally, alongside Dance Dance Revolution and Kinect Yoga - I wouldn't give a f*ck. Infact, I'd come on the forum and criticize people annoyed by a great feature turning to sh*t
  • AskerB, Skaytful and MuddledMuppet like this

DaCosta
  • DaCosta

G-T-Addict

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 03:37 PM

Don't forget that the "basic grind" is also RP (Reputation Points.) You won't be able to purchase these and can only earn through game-time. RP will allow you to open up missions and progress and events such as calling in favours from various NPC's.

So you might have a new player with low RP but $m's and that will be a clear sign they purchased cash cards (or just happened to be born a rich LS citizen) and others will have high RP's and millions, suggesting they might have earned it.

As long as everyone's individual journey feels fair, and the stock market doesn't crush your spirit, then I'm not too unhappy with the cash card system.

Munx
  • Munx

Homie

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 03:42 PM Edited by Munx, 25 September 2013 - 03:43 PM.

A car that costs $1 million in the game's single-player mode can be bought for much less in Online - more like $150,000. Properties are also cheaper - the most expensive you can own is $400,000.

I have a feeling the payout for missions is going to be pennies.

But somethings like weapons are more expensive, im sure they'll try to keep economy alive.

GTAhole
  • GTAhole

BPC

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 03:52 PM Edited by GTAhole, 25 September 2013 - 03:54 PM.

I just don't agree that it's acceptable for a games basic grind like currency to be lengthened because of it's open ended nature. When basic game design ($500 for store robberies when things cost millions) means that you can't generate a decent and balanced income there is a major flaw there.

And it's obvious with any leaks regarding these cards that such design choices were there to promote cash cards.

It's like increasing the gold cost of everything in an mmo by ten and telling me it's ok because it's open ended and you can buy the currency... It's bullsh*t and people are just to used to companies like EA giving it to em.

There is no justifiable reason for these to be in game instead of a balanced economy. DLC aesthetic content and actual missions/maps is the way to go. Just because it's a franchise we all like is no reason to put up with this crap.

I was looking forward to all the missions that are available and the ways you can steal money online waaaaay before these cash cards were ever mentioned and this doesn't change my anticipation. I want to play the game for the sake of having fun. I think the missions are fun. So that's what I'm looking forward too.

I never said I like the idea of cash cards. Just that it doesn't bother me. It definitely doesn't deter me from being excited about the upcoming release of online mode.

If the idea of other players buying in game cash with real money bothers you so much and you're not looking forward to playing online then don't play online.

Simple as that.

blk95ta
  • blk95ta

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 04:01 PM

i just hope there aren't missions where ithey are like "oh you cannot join this mission unless you spend $100,000" or what not. i mean i can see the cars/weapons/houses needing bought and you having to wait to make enough money to buy them (or cheat and use real cash) but i hope it doesn't turn into a world where you can't actually DO anything without spending lots of real $

• MuddledMuppet likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users