Photo

Not enough Gang Content

29 replies to this topic
Xavyn
  • Xavyn

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 02:19 PM

I loved the early missions in GTA:SA in the hood with Ryder and the other dude and the reputation u built up with Grove Street.  The ability to recruit gang members and have them follow you and pull up on a street in an SUV and fight a rival gang.  That alone could keep you busy for hours and not to mention the gang wars which was a great addition that gives you something to do after the story is finished that I was hoping they would have expanded on in GTA V.

I never feel like I am "in the wrong hood" and dudes are talking trash to me or shooting at me on the spot because of my reputaion with their rival gang.  Yeah the "Ballers" or guys in Purple will be quick to fight you if you bump into them or talk trash to them but it seems you have to initiate it.

I also never see Latin or Chinese gang members just wandering about.  All the time they spent making this game and with all the minor details and such they put in I think there is some major oversights in certain areas an especially with Gangs and such.  Hopefully they add some things in the future but does anyone else agree?

Glenni91
  • Glenni91

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 02:21 PM

The Vagos are there, those are latin gangs, as are the Aztecas. You just need to play the game more, look around, you'll see what's there.

Mantonn
  • Mantonn

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 02:23 PM

I've seen graffiti but never ever any gang members walking around.

Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 September 2013 - 02:24 PM

The Vagos are there, those are latin gangs, as are the Aztecas. You just need to play the game more, look around, you'll see what's there.

Where are the Aztecas? I know where the Vagos, Ballas and Grove Street hang out, don't think I've seen the Aztecas yet though.

Plenty of gang members driving/walking round the turfs. I hate the fact i can't gather a group of people and do proper drive by's though.

joehdez14
  • joehdez14

Grove Street OG

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 02:26 PM

I agree BUT, I believe they didn't add any of these other gangs because the main characters aren't into gang fighting. Since they areht into fighting, they didn't go much into detail about these other gangs. This is my theory. I did love going to gang fights in the.game. it was really fun. Maybe a DLC would fix this? Or add this?

Glenni91
  • Glenni91

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 02:27 PM

If i'm not wrong, they should be somewhere around the Vespucci Beach area. Vagos are yellow, Aztecas are a blueish teal i think? I have seen them somewhere.

TrevorPhilipsInc
  • TrevorPhilipsInc

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 02:30 PM

Where are the Aztecas? I know where the Vagos, Ballas and Grove Street hang out, don't think I've seen the Aztecas yet though.

Plenty of gang members driving/walking round the turfs. I hate the fact i can't gather a group of people and do proper drive by's though.

Aztecas from what I can tell are out in Blaine County..Cant say Ive seen them besides the backwoods out there.

Theres also what I have come to call the 'Bloodz'..They seem to frequent the area across the street from the Stripclub. They wear all red obviously and drive Red Grangers. Didnt even know they existed til I knocked one out and the whole block erupted.

Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 September 2013 - 02:36 PM

When going out with Lamar as Franklin, he should shoot at people, i drove round Ballas turf yesterday with him in the car, i started shooting, the whole block started shooting back and all Lamar did was flip them off, useless c*nt.

• GrimWatson69 likes this

Xavyn
  • Xavyn

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 02:47 PM

Yes the problem with the gang content in this game is that I haven't played enough...

And yes i realize gangs are there but the whole thing is not very interactive and there is no reason to really do it except to pick up ammo and $12 a pop from their corpses until you die and lose $5000.  WE should be able to recruit Chamberlain Families (Green) gangsters to come with us and raid Trap houses and steal their money and drugs and have gang wars.  Instead there is one random weed farm you can repeatably raid.  There is just alot of room for improvement and with the hype and time behind this game this stuff should be there.  I may feel somewhat entitled however I will admit because I bought the collector's edition but thats not R* fault.

Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 September 2013 - 02:50 PM

I know how you feel, i too would have liked more emphasis on the street gang culture, pretty sure Turf Wars will at least be an online game mode, i'm even half expecting an expansion pack similar to The Ballad Of Gay Tony and The Lost And Damned, but based around grove street/ballas/vagos, etc.

<Yang3
  • <Yang3

☆☆☆☆☆

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 25 September 2013 - 02:55 PM Edited by DODI3OG, 25 September 2013 - 02:57 PM.

We have the Families(Red and Green), Ballas(Purple and Blue), Vagos(Yellow and Red), Aztecas(Blue and Yellow), Marabunta Grande(Blue), Madrazo Cartel, Koreans, Triads, Hillbillies, Lost...

Kulgrim
  • Kulgrim

Prankster

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 03:03 PM

The idea behind Trevor is that he is LEAVING the gang life behind. That is his story, so why in the hell would he round up gang members from his old set, which he really seems to hate, and go around killing other gang members? This is not GTA:SA Part II, in fact to me it really seems like single player is just a nice story designed to introduce players to the features in GTA:Online, basically a giant tutorial. You get introduced to such features as robbing places, leveling NPC crew members, and you get to really learn the map. You want gang fights, how about start crews that are based on gangs, then get other "gangs" to join a server and have your own turf wars. I would be willing to bet it would be a lot more entertaining then just shooting NPC's over and over, all of whom seem to have 95% accuracy.

17th
  • 17th

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 03:10 PM

The idea behind Trevor is that he is LEAVING the gang life behind. That is his story, so why in the hell would he round up gang members from his old set, which he really seems to hate, and go around killing other gang members? This is not GTA:SA Part II, in fact to me it really seems like single player is just a nice story designed to introduce players to the features in GTA:Online, basically a giant tutorial. You get introduced to such features as robbing places, leveling NPC crew members, and you get to really learn the map. You want gang fights, how about start crews that are based on gangs, then get other "gangs" to join a server and have your own turf wars. I would be willing to bet it would be a lot more entertaining then just shooting NPC's over and over, all of whom seem to have 95% accuracy.

f*ck online, it will be full of kids. Give us this stuff in SINGLE PLAYER because we waited for GTA V not f*cking GTA ONLINE!!

Wannabe in LS
  • Wannabe in LS

Trick

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 03:15 PM

GTA Online is the future of the series. Surely the fact they are monetizing it, adding new content such as locations and writing 500 missions shows you their eggs are in that basket now?

Roded88
  • Roded88

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 03:17 PM

I agree BUT, I believe they didn't add any of these other gangs because the main characters aren't into gang fighting. Since they areht into fighting, they didn't go much into detail about these other gangs. This is my theory. I did love going to gang fights in the.game. it was really fun. Maybe a DLC would fix this? Or add this?

While this is true but in many instances where Lamar and his aunt would complain about not being a good enough gang banger. You can get tattoos of his gang wear clothes referencing his gang, which should let you do more missions gang related. Do turf wars, shoot out if your in the wrong turf. Just things like that.

beneficial
  • beneficial

Buckwheats

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 03:32 PM

Thought I'd mention while on the gangs topic, Franklin has a lot Uptown Riders gear in his closet too, which was the Black biker gang in Liberty City that Johnny did business with. Where are they in LS? Shouldn't Franklin be riding with them if he's affiliated?

Kent_Paul_Jnr
  • Kent_Paul_Jnr

lets bounce

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 04:35 PM

GTA Online is the future of the series. Surely the fact they are monetizing it, adding new content such as locations and writing 500 missions shows you their eggs are in that basket now?

500 missions - 499 of them will be drive here - shoot them - drive away lol

I hope the missions are well flushed out - when I saw they racing, deathmatch creation tool, all i was thinking was " please somebody at R* be a fan of Little big planet" LOL 

I hope we get to play as the police as well as gangs

bloodblossom
  • bloodblossom

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:02 PM Edited by bloodblossom, 25 September 2013 - 09:06 PM.

500 missions - 499 of them will be drive here - shoot them - drive away lol

I hope the missions are well flushed out - when I saw they racing, deathmatch creation tool, all i was thinking was " please somebody at R* be a fan of Little big planet" LOL 

I hope we get to play as the police as well as gangs

actually a bunch of them are full fledged heists like in single player... stealing titan from the airport stealing motorcycles from the bikers and raiding factories ect. even bank robbing... gta 5 is as someone else said.. a tutorial for gta online.. gta online has its own story and more missions than gta 5 does.. on top of that they have been working on gta online longer than gta 5 and i assume gta 5 was only made based off of what they already had for online then they added a story.. their primary focus however is gta online.

also.. at first the creation tool will only be for deathmatch and races... but they have said eventually t he tools to make your own robberies and heists will be included (when they are ready and after the gta online has been out awhile)

you can tell they favor gta online over gta 5... gta 5 has like 65 missions.. gta online has 500 with many of them being heists you have to plan including bank robberies raids ect.

even if you dont like online you can do these heists with ai.. just as you did in single player with each of them getting a cut.. in multiplayer however the leader of the group gets all the money and then it comes to him to hand out the money to the team.. or keep it to himself... course if he does that the team will probably kill him and cause a bloodbath over the money..

Pinnkiepie
  • Pinnkiepie

PIE

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:05 PM

In GTA Online you will be hearing people saying that there are TOO MANY Gangs around :D

Different Crews everywhere flexing their muscle!

• Kent_Paul_Jnr likes this

bloodblossom
  • bloodblossom

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:11 PM

also i cant wait until gta online to have my own character.. and the thought that we would eventually travel to liberty city vice city las venturas and san fierro.... gta online will be huge.. but most of all.. i just want my own character... im not a fan of any of the single player characters.. i mostly play Michael just cus i hate him the least.

• Hi9h likes this

17th
  • 17th

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:11 PM

I really hope for gang DLC but it has been already confirmed that they don't care about single player so forgot about dlc like this

Eagleheart
  • Eagleheart

U.S. Monsanto

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:17 PM

Dude you can't expect everything that was in SA to be reimagined here; plus R* had San Fierro and Las Venturas to work with before. It really wouldn't make sense if you just crammed all the Chinese, Vietnemese, Italian, etc. gangs into Los Santos.

Pinnkiepie
  • Pinnkiepie

PIE

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:20 PM

Here are some Gangs/Crews you need to watch out for during GTA Online :)

Grove Street Families

http://socialclub.ro...street_families

Grove st

http://socialclub.ro.../crew/grove_st_

The Departed

http://socialclub.ro...ew/the_departed

Chiliad Jumpers (Great name!) :D

http://socialclub.ro...chiliad_jumpers

NYC Bloodpack (The Hobo Hunting Crew!)

http://socialclub.ro...w/nyc_bloodpack

Scarface Posse

http://socialclub.ro.../scarface_posse

TPenterprise
  • TPenterprise

***Leader - WMCC *** ***Lieutenant - SURF***

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:23 PM

From Franklins trailer I was looking foward to gang shootouts/wars on grove street  etc but none of that is in the game. But Franklin doesnt want to be a gangster so I suppose it wouldnt suit his character to do that stuff 

Pitch~Black
  • Pitch~Black

Peon

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:38 PM

Go to Grove Street as Franklin and just fire your gun into the air. You'll get the ballas to react, trust me. But, yeah, the whole gang and hood vibe could've/should've been more of a - I don't know what to call it - "presense", I guess? - without it being a major factor or impact on the story. I'm glad they didn't revisit the gang wars of SA, though. I hated them. Imagine my reaction when much later in my SA playthru I found out you had to do them AGAIN. 

TrevorPhilipsInc
  • TrevorPhilipsInc

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:44 PM

Honestly Im not putting any confidence in GTA:O. From my point of view its not gonna be all that great and I fear there wont be much of a playerbase after the first month or so.

GTA has made its success off of Single Player....And its not that it couldnt make it as a MMO style game. But the truth is I dont think they marketed this right. If they were hoping GTA:O was gonna be such a hit..Maybe they should of done a little more work on exposing people too it. Expecting the Single Player Playerbase to be on board just because its GTA is a bit presumptous.

apoapsis1001
  • apoapsis1001

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 September 2013 - 10:05 PM Edited by apoapsis1001, 25 September 2013 - 10:05 PM.

why the obsession with gangs? basically what everyone wants is gta san andreas part 2. that would be stupid. first off, the three characters you play as are not affiliated with gangs at all. two of the characters (michael and trevor) were old heist partners, and the third (franklin) is making his first steps to get away from the gang life. wouldnt make much sense to recruit gangs when your character is trying to avoid that. and besides, theres gang activity ALL throughout the game. i shot off a few rounds in the ballas territory and 20 red blips popped up on the map and i was immersed in a full fledged f*cking war. 

bloodblossom
  • bloodblossom

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 10:17 PM Edited by bloodblossom, 25 September 2013 - 10:18 PM.

Honestly Im not putting any confidence in GTA:O. From my point of view its not gonna be all that great and I fear there wont be much of a playerbase after the first month or so.

GTA has made its success off of Single Player....And its not that it couldnt make it as a MMO style game. But the truth is I dont think they marketed this right. If they were hoping GTA:O was gonna be such a hit..Maybe they should of done a little more work on exposing people too it. Expecting the Single Player Playerbase to be on board just because its GTA is a bit presumptous.

doesnt change the fact that gta 5 is just a front for gta online... they even said so themselves... saying gta online is like their dream... and now its possible cus of tech.... gta online was always their goal.. and now it can be done.

PringlesMan
  • PringlesMan

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 05:03 PM

GTAIV and the DLCs are always packed. On Xbox, dont know about PS3

GrimWatson69
  • GrimWatson69

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 05:10 AM

Where are the Aztecas? As I recall, They WERE in Sandy Shores b4 Trevor poped them all.  I spent a good 2 hrs in blaine country and cant seem to find them. Were they just there for appearances of the mission?  I also notice the Lost MC are somewhere around East Los Santos.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users