Photo

[HELP] No missions after "Surveying the Score"

111 replies to this topic
Dusan Mandic
  • Dusan Mandic

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 04:52 AM

Well I left the game running for 2 hours and still no difference, couldn't find a wall glitch in michaels house. I might just start a new game then. Interestingly the game loaded with trevor running out of the strip club in his undies, except he never made it out and the game loaded with him stuck inside on grey textures

its_slingers
  • its_slingers

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 05:47 AM

Well, i'm glad i'm not the only one with this problem.

As with most of you, i did surveying the score and am at 69% and that is where the story ended for me a few days ago. I have been causing havoc for about another 10 hours of game play since but, still no Michael or story missions.

i have had the occasional property management phone call though.

defianty
  • defianty

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 07:36 AM

I got a email back from R* this morning asking the same irrelevant questions as another guy on here. Can't believe they ask what difficulty setting I'm playing on and even what platform, when it clearly states that in the ticket.

Typical copy and paste reply I think.

Anyway I replied back again pointing them to this thread. I'll keep my fingers crossed, but I won't be holding my breath!

steinauf
  • steinauf

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 11:44 AM

I had the same issue as all of you, can't play as Michael, don't have any missions after Surveying the Score.  The steps I took to get past this are listed below, unfortunately unless you've been creating multiple save files throughout the game, you may have to go back quite a ways.

1) (On PS3) delete your Game Data update file (just that file)

2) Reload from a save point before you had ever installed the 1.01 or 1.02 updates (something before Oct 1 or whenever you installed the update).  If you don't have one, then you might have to completely restart your game and never let it update. This means you'll be forced offline.

3) Play up to and beyond Surveying the Score. It should work just fine.

I'm debating if I want to try to update the game now that I'm past this point, but I'm worried about something else breaking.  I'll probably install the updates once I beat the story missions, which I'm only a few days away from anyway.

That advice from Rockstar is just general troubleshooting advice and not specific to our issue. Don't bother with it.

Also, if you have to restart, just know that it is good practice to create a new save file every 10-15%.

biggusbennus
  • biggusbennus

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 11:38 PM

Just redone the game and made sure I was playing as Michael at the end of Surveying The Score. All worked and the next mission is awesome. This is with the most recent update too. Hope they fix it for those of you who don't have the time to go back through the majority of the game again.

Dusan Mandic
  • Dusan Mandic

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 01:41 AM

Just redone the game and made sure I was playing as Michael at the end of Surveying The Score. All worked and the next mission is awesome. This is with the most recent update too. Hope they fix it for those of you who don't have the time to go back through the majority of the game again.

Ok, well I just restarted and only up to Jewelry heist, I have kept both the updates so I guess I'll chose michael. It's just a complete pain in the butt to re-do all of those "special jumps" and paper trail.

defianty
  • defianty

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 08:00 AM

Ok, well I just restarted and only up to Jewelry heist, I have kept both the updates so I guess I'll chose michael. It's just a complete pain in the butt to re-do all of those "special jumps" and paper trail.

I was using Michael after Surveying the score, and dropped Franklin off at his house. I can continue using Michael and do any of the other activities but no next story mission. If at any point I change to either Trevor or Franklin, Michael becomes unavailable and that's the way it stays.

defianty
  • defianty

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 08:06 AM

Just heard back from R* again. They seem to be asking better and more relevant questions now almost as if they're taking the problem more seriously. Again I've made a point of mentioning that I'm not the only one with the problem and directed them here.

Well I'll live in hope it gets fixed, but somehow I doubt it. More than anything I'm worried it may happen again if it has something to do with a decision I made earlier in the game that is in my 25% save file. 

Dusan Mandic
  • Dusan Mandic

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 05:26 AM

Just letting you all know the 1.03 patch is again for online only. I look at it like this, I would have replayed for gold on the missions anyway. It's just the extra things that are annoying to do such as the trick jumps and the paper trail. I stuffed up the task of trevor delivering randoms to the cult the 1st time anyway. On the other hand, you'd think a game on 2 7 year old consoles would be a little more refined. Maybe players complaints on the online out weighs the story mode glitches? And rockstar never responded to my ticket.

defianty
  • defianty

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 07:54 AM Edited by defianty, 10 October 2013 - 10:52 AM.

Well a slight bit of good news for everyone. Heard back from R* again this morning and they've pretty much admitted that the issues we are having is a bug!

Thank you for this information. We are currently submitting a bug ticket for you and sending it to the proper department. From there we will be reviewing and researching your issue. We hope to have a solution to your issue as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience as we work to resolve this problem.

OK, so it's not a fix but a bug ticket has been issued, so in my mind they are at least taking it seriously now.

Dusan Mandic
  • Dusan Mandic

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 01:51 AM

We have been

0_0.jpg

Zero3ffect
  • Zero3ffect

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 04:14 PM

It's obvious they aren't going to fix this.  What a tremendous f*ck up...

Fireworks234
  • Fireworks234

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 07:37 PM

I got msged by R* as well.  They seemed to realize that there is a problem and they told me that others have had similar problems when doing missions before they should be able to be done.  This causes the problem.  To that I say, they should undo any missions that happened out of order and let us continue on with our terribly over-priced paper weight.

Dusan Mandic
  • Dusan Mandic

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 12:39 AM

So it happened to me because I had completed too much by the time I got to surveying the score? Makes sense since I was after %100 in in 1 run. Anyway, I'm back to where I was except for stunt jumps and paper trail. I'm actually kind of bored with it tbh

poiqwe
  • poiqwe

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 01:41 PM Edited by poiqwe, 16 October 2013 - 01:43 PM.

If you want a complete guide on what to do after the very last heist and learn everything about the game plus much more visit this website!!

http://95159qfiddfz4....clickbank.net/

Dusan Mandic
  • Dusan Mandic

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 05:35 AM

Well, much to my depression the game ends not long after "surveying the score"

David De Santa
  • David De Santa

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 11:54 AM Edited by David De Santa, 22 October 2013 - 12:04 PM.

switch to franklin and then switch to michael(try to leave michael house first and then switch to franklin then switch to michael)

jojobo
  • jojobo

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 07:55 AM

I also contacted R*, this is their reply:

Hello,

Thanks for contacting R* support. Some players haven’t realized that certain missions are only available when playing as certain characters. This has most commonly been reported around Surveying the Score, Bury the Hatchet, and Deep Inside. It may happen elsewhere too. Try playing as all three characters for a while to see if the mission opens up. In some cases, missions will only appear after a certain amount of in-game time, so also try doing other activities for a while. Some missions are triggered by phone calls and those might not arrive when you are in certain locations, so be sure to not stay in the same spot if you are waiting for a call. We recommend consulting a guide such as the Brady Guide (http://www.bradygame...px?promo=139300).

One possible work around, which has worked for some players, is to load the save file and use the “Quick Save” option to force a save to a new slot. After this is completed, load the new save and check to see if the issue is resolved.

Alternatively, in some cases, taking a cab ride, and then choosing the “skip” option, which forces a load screen has been known to resolve some progression blocks.

If you have tried all the suggestions above and cannot get more missions to appear, you may have a corrupt save file. This may happen for a number of reasons, including on rare occasions when applying a Title Update. If you think you may be affected by this issue, please reload a previous save file from before applying the TU. Unfortunately there is no way to fix save files once they are corrupted. However, we are continuing to look into any workarounds that may be possible. If you would like to receive an automatic email notification whenever there is news about this, please log into the Support Site and click Subscribe at the top of this page.

Best regards,
Brian J

Dthaman19
  • Dthaman19

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 04:34 AM

Ok I can switch to everybody but I can't get missions I'm at 47.9% I got done with surveying the score then nothing all I have is rampages for Trevor

EskisehirliWarrior
  • EskisehirliWarrior

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 09:58 PM

i have the same problem what is this! help me please!! :panic:

JACKtheGAMER
  • JACKtheGAMER

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 January 2014 - 10:04 PM

EASY MONEY AND RP!!!

pajkosinjoSRB
  • pajkosinjoSRB

Bass Boosted

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 19 January 2014 - 11:21 PM

I had this problem when it was on patch 1.07 but when i updated it to 1.08 everything was fine

P.S. I passed thee game before 1.07 so no side missions were appearing

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users