Photo

[HELP] No missions after "Surveying the Score"

111 replies to this topic
defianty
  • defianty

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:11 AM

Can everyone who has this problem make sure they submit a ticket to R*. The more people who do the more chance there is of them fixing it quickly. Cheers.

http://support.rocks...us/requests/new

cookieke
  • cookieke

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:26 AM

Got the same bug/error still no news from R* ....

cookieke
  • cookieke

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 12:09 PM

Some tryd the new patch?

Denidakidd
  • Denidakidd

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 01:14 PM

Just tryed new patch1.2...got passed the carpark race.but alone in game!tryed to join crew and it froze so still problematic!......and still no Michael!lickily I got a save at like 45% but still took me long time to get to that 67% ish.dont think there gonna be able to fix it.saves are corrupted!

Andrewissig
  • Andrewissig

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 01:30 PM

Anyone else still not able to do the mission bury the hatchet?i won't be able to check till later just wondering if ill have t do it all again

conner7
  • conner7

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 01:41 PM

made an account just to talk about this. I've just done the mission where you scope out the armored trucks and the bank, the mission before you start setting up the HUGE heist. after I did this mission(45% through the game I don't do a lot of side missions) only strangers and freaks are showing up. I can switch between every character no problem, and online is finally working for me. anyway all that shows on the map is side missions and Trevor rampages and garages. also two or three missions ago or maybe even one, i would go to the mission (the one at the construction site with the fib) and the icon would disappear and the mission wouldn't even try to load. two days ago I spent a legit 4 hours trying to figure out how to fix this. so I'm hoping they release an update soon.

raivan94
  • raivan94

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 02:22 PM

patch 1.02 not a fix to our problem.. still nothing to do in story mode.. i'm sickened

AlexyGalaxy
  • AlexyGalaxy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 04:05 PM

UPDATE:

R* responded again and said this: (They wont accept that it is their fault) 

Before troubleshooting, please check the following:
a. Turn the console off and on.
b. Unplug all power cords and accessories, and then plug them back in firmly. Make sure all connections are secure.
c. Update your console software.

1.) Clearing the Game Data Utility:
a. In the XMB home menu, go to (Game) > [Game Data Utility].
Important: Make sure you select [Game Data Utility]. Do NOT select [Saved Data Utility], as this will delete all of your saved games files.
b. Highlight the game data utility file (i.e., name of a particular game you have been playing) you wish to delete.
c. Press the button and select [Delete].
d. Highlight "Yes" and press the button to confirm the deletion.
e. A message indicating the file is being deleted will appear.
f. A "Delete completed." message will appear once the file has been successfully deleted.
g. Once all of the files have been deleted, go back to the XMB home menu.
h. Reboot the game. You should be prompted to reinstall.

**Please note, if the game freezes during installation, please check the following article:
http://support.rocks...V-installation-

2.) Ensure your PS3s firmware is up to date (settings > system update - on the main menu).

3.) Restore File System
If it is up to date then once again delete the game data.

Next follow the steps below:

a. Turn off Playstation®3.
b. Hold The power button down; The system will turn on and turn off once again.
c. Once the System has been shutdown, re-press you finger until you hear 2 consecutive beeps
d. When you hear the 2 beeps take finger off power button.
e. You will be prompted to plug in your controller via usb and then hit the PS button
f. The Recovery menu will pop up.
g. Select Restore File system
h. Repeat and Rebuild Database

4.) Disconnect your PS3 from the internet.
We have gotten reports that some players have been able to resolve their issues by disconnecting their console from the internet. It is possible that some freezes are related to some recent server outages that should be resolved shortly. If issues persist, disabling all internet connections on your console should prevent the game from attempting to access the servers. Obviously this is not ideal, but testing this should work at least for troubleshooting purposes, and should be resolved quickly.

5.) Clear save files.

Some crashes can be related to corrupted save data, especially crashes at a specific spot, or crashes on launch. The next step would be to isolate the save files, and see if launching without them remedies the issue. There are several ways of doing this:
a. Deleting all files in the Save Data Utility related to GTA V. Note: This method will result in permanent loss of data. If the game crashed the first time it launched, no valuable information is stored in here, so they may be deleted freely. If you already played the game for many hours, you may want to consider trying another method.
b. Backing up all Save Data Utility files on an external device before deleting all files as described above.
c. Possibly the simplest method, and one that also might isolate other potential issues would be to test the game from a brand new PSN ID/Profile. The save files for PS3 games are tied to a specific user. Launching from a new user should cause the game to pull from a brand new pool of files.

5.) Install the game to a new section of the Hard Drive.
Another possible troubleshooting step would be to attempt to install the game to a new section of the hard drive.  Typically, when installing, and reinstalling games, the system will attempt to reinstall over the same block of space on the HDD.  While there is no function to manually force the game to install on a different block of space, there is one possible workaround that might force the game to install on a new section.

Basically, what we are going to do is uninstall the game, clear the cache, and then install some unrelated data to the Hard Drive, which should get installed to the block of space where GTA V was previously installing.

Please try the following:

• a. Uninstall the game from the Games and Apps folder.  Delete everything related to GTA V that is not a save file.
  • b. Clear the system cache, as was described above.
  • c. Install about 7-8GB of unrelated content.  If you have your console connected to the internet, the simplest thing here would be to download a bunch of demos from PSN.  The content is unimportant, you never even have to play the demos, the point here is to just eat up some hard drive space, and when you reinstall GTA V, force the console to install the game to a section that was not previously used.  If you do not have a a connection, installing 10-12 music CDs should use up enough space, although more might be needed.  The idea here is to try to use up approximately the same amount of space as GTA V's install, which is about 8.5GB.
  • d. Reinstall GTA V, and see if conditions improve.

6.) Test the game on a second console, or new hard drive.

This last step is potentially the trickiest step, depending on alternate hardware availability, but probably the most important step for determining the cause of major issues on any console. That step would be to test the disc on a separate console. If you have a friend or family member with a PS3, we strongly recommend installing the game on their console, and see if issues persist.

If you continue to have issues, please let us know the following:

• The model of your Playstation 3
  • The size of your hard drive,
  • How much free space is available
  • The contents of any error code, if applicable. If possible, please submit a screen shot of any error messages, or give the presice wording of the error.

Please also provide us with a detailed summary of which of the above steps you were able to try, and details on what effects they had. Additionally, if you were able to try it in another console and the same issue occurred, please provide the model/HD size, etc. of the second system you tested the game on.

We are having issues with GTAO, and you can stay apprised at the Rockstar Support site here: 
http://support.rocks...Latest-Updates-

Please let us know if this helped! If you have any more questions or concerns please don't hesitate to contact us. We deeply apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

cookieke
  • cookieke

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 07:23 PM

Still no good fix ..

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Cheat Activated

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 04 October 2013 - 07:59 PM

So what, they're just not gonna fix this? This is beyond disappointing.  

conner7
  • conner7

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 08:01 PM

So what, they're just not gonna fix this? This is beyond disappointing.

I agree

RBKB24
  • RBKB24

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 08:22 PM

I Did the Loud approach for the Jewerly Heist, but now it won't let me go back and do the BZ gas grenades mission. so I'm basically missing 2 missions for my 100% completion. 

Anyone have any clue what I have to do to unlock those missions? Thank you

AlexyGalaxy
  • AlexyGalaxy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 11:18 PM Edited by AlexyGalaxy, 04 October 2013 - 11:19 PM.

UPDATE:

I got another message from R* and they say we are pretty much sh*t out of luck. (This is bs)

I understand your frustration, but these are the only solutions we can offer at the moment. And generally, once a save file has been corrupted, there's very little that can be done to recover it. I did have a customer report that, after playing for 2 hours in the open world, he could access missions and change characters again. There have been other reports of this working, so it could be worth a try, if all else has failed.

Best,

Raymond B.

raivan94
  • raivan94

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 12:15 AM

F*CK the thing that freaks me out is that our issue shown first even before GTAO launch... so if it's based on the installed data it's likely to appear again in a new save file ...

AlexyGalaxy
  • AlexyGalaxy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 02:11 AM

F*CK the thing that freaks me out is that our issue shown first even before GTAO launch... so if it's based on the installed data it's likely to appear again in a new save file ...

This only occurred after update 1.01 came out. (Tuesday)

raivan94
  • raivan94

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 08:29 AM

This only occurred after update 1.01 came out. (Tuesday)
look at Op he wrote 1 week ago and the update came out 4 days ago

aviad_chai
  • aviad_chai

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:50 AM

any new guys? still have the problem some one fixed that?

cookieke
  • cookieke

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 11:10 AM

is there no one with a not corrupted save file around the 40-50% on ps3 that could it upload here? so we can try that as solution?

DeeJayRed
  • DeeJayRed

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 12:31 PM

Yeah, they won't look into it. It's best to start a new game. Sorry, but that's life.

siloz141097
  • siloz141097

The King

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 12:49 PM

Got the same problem, I'm about to go and make a ticket to R*, I'd suggest others do the same, its the best way of getting this patched...

Fireworks234
  • Fireworks234

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 04:11 PM

I too have this problem.  I have the 360 version and have all but run out of things to do.  

On a side note I also haven't been able to complete the tutorial in GTA Online.

I submitted a R* ticket for both.  If any of you find a solution.  Please post it for all to see!

raivan94
  • raivan94

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 04:29 PM

Starting a new game .. rockstar doesn't give a damn about sp

Zero3ffect
  • Zero3ffect

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 04:51 PM

I see myself using someone elses save game in my future to complete the game.  I refuse to start over completely as my game progress is at 70%.

Zeedzee659
  • Zeedzee659

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 05:23 PM

Exact same problem. I think I'm meant to steal the 007 car from the movie studios next but there is no missions icons and I have done all the side missions apart from 1 rampage for Trevor. I got a text from Molly, Devon's assistant, saying basically to hurry up and collect the car. No mission no automatic yellow waypoint or anything :( I'm sending a ticket like someone earlier on suggested.

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Cheat Activated

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 06 October 2013 - 07:50 PM

[email protected] finally got back to me. Asked me for more details of my problem. Like what difficulty level I'm using. :blink: I explained to them that GTA doesn't have a difficulty level. I directed them to the missions forum though, explaining that more people than just me are having this problem.  

raivan94
  • raivan94

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:35 PM

[email protected] finally got back to me. Asked me for more details of my problem. Like what difficulty level I'm using. :blink: I explained to them that GTA doesn't have a difficulty level. I directed them to the missions forum though, explaining that more people than just me are having this problem.

yeah in my ticket i directed them on this thread but as i see thry don't even know what's happening in single player , he assumed you were referring to online

astralmind
  • astralmind

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 12:19 AM

I am so pissed. Same as everyone, no mission after Surveying the Score. I could revert to an older save game but would that even help? In anyways that would mean loosing tons of hours of gameplay as I only relied on the auto saves.. damn .

fatjackizback
  • fatjackizback

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 12:41 AM

If you are stuck playing Franklin and only have the two Michael Missions showing up on your map, try this: Drive about a mile from Michael's house, set the waypoint on the Big M, then call a cab (taxi). When you're in the cab, press the button to skip (pay extra). That fixed it for me!

I was at 49% and tried all I could to accomplish all missions and tried for 3 or 4 hours to trigger the mission. Props to BanDanGirf69 (youtube account name) for pointing this out.

Dusan Mandic
  • Dusan Mandic

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 03:26 AM

Well there is no big M so I can't try it. So the online is working? Sure it is but it's damn slow to load anything it's just not worth it. Not to mention the matchmaking, I live in Australia and match up with the U.S? only to sit around for ages waiting for deathmatch to start. At this stage it's all about story to me and if I can't play that then it's staying on the shelf,

biggusbennus
  • biggusbennus

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:05 AM

Have started a new game, using a different save file each time I save. Pretty gutted I've gotta do it all again but it's an awesome game so don't mind too much. If this problem is multi-format then it's a problem with the game itself and Rockstar are selling a faulty game. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users