Photo

[HELP] No missions after "Surveying the Score"

111 replies to this topic
unauthorizedmage
  • unauthorizedmage

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 03:34 AM

This didn't work for me, even deleting and re-installing the game data didn't work (PS3). And of course online still doesn't work. So my GTA 5 disc is an expensive ($109) coaster :)

I'm past %75 since I've completed allot of sidequests, hobbies and freaks. There is no way I'm re-starting this. Is it mainly the PS3 version?

u arent suppose to reupdate. the update is what f*cked up the game..

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Cheat Activated

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 03 October 2013 - 05:06 AM

I have this problem too. Except I did Hang Ten and Doting Dad after Surveying the Score, then I downloaded the patch. I load the game as Michael, but if I switch to Franklin or Trevor I can't switch back to Michael. I have no storyline missions available.     

ROTLD
  • ROTLD

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 05:16 AM

I cannot access any missions. I am stuck playing as Michael, no wheel available. I am hiding with the mexican mafia boss' wife. 

Did a shootout with the mafia guys a dozen times they just keep coming, wave after wave along with the cops.

Paleto Heist icon shows by the hidout above he liqour store, but will not load when entering the yellow dot, no information telling me to switch characters, nothing.

Last three finished missions...

Paleto Heist Setup

Military Hardware

Predator

Dusan Mandic
  • Dusan Mandic

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 05:41 AM Edited by Dusan Mandic, 03 October 2013 - 07:14 AM.

@unauthorizedmage - I didn't re update, I deleted the update and that didn't work, I re-installed the data offline and that didn't. Your method doesn't work with anyone else , You realize mosty people won't have a save prior to that mission?

Edit: Hmmm, I'm thinking about a wall glitch and getting trevor into michaels house, I just wonder if that would trigger the next mission? I'm searching for wall glitches because I'm too impatient to wait for a real answer.

• Dbouchielsu likes this

defianty
  • defianty

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:33 AM

Just posting to say the same has happened to me. In a way pleased I'm not the only one, but at 65% complete I really don't want to start again.

Submitted a ticket to R*, hope everyone does the same and they sort this out. Looking at the forum there seems to be a lot of people stuck at various points in the game. Not clever R*.

Andrewissig
  • Andrewissig

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:35 AM

I've been trying to get Trevor into michaels house t see if it triggers the mission also.let me know how this goes and if u acess the house.i couldnt

Cpt_Mustache
  • Cpt_Mustache

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:53 AM

Damn, I'm in the same boat.  Really hope there is a fix soon, I've gotten gold medals on all missions so far for the second time since accidentally saving over the old file that had almost all done...  don't wanna have to do this crap over again, very frustrating.

unauthorizedmage
  • unauthorizedmage

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 03:43 PM

@unauthorizedmage - I didn't re update, I deleted the update and that didn't work, I re-installed the data offline and that didn't. Your method doesn't work with anyone else , You realize mosty people won't have a save prior to that mission?

Edit: Hmmm, I'm thinking about a wall glitch and getting trevor into michaels house, I just wonder if that would trigger the next mission? I'm searching for wall glitches because I'm too impatient to wait for a real answer.

well it does work if you kept multiple DIFFERENT saves like i did in case i wanted to go back.

Andrewissig
  • Andrewissig

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 04:17 PM

Anyone any news on this issue?feel there's no point playing it tbh

Dbouchielsu
  • Dbouchielsu

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 04:59 PM

@Dusan Mandic

Where I'm stuck at, the only clue I have is when Trevor calls Franklin to Hang Out, Franklin says he can't because he is waiting on Trevor for something. But I've tried going to Franklins house and got nothing.

Azbo
  • Azbo

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 05:57 PM

Nope. R* is all 4 GTA online now , it says on google that they have yet 2 issue a statement about what's happend 2 the story mode and refuse 2 comment! There doing plenty tho 2 help the online side of the game

Azbo
  • Azbo

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 05:58 PM

Nope. R* is all 4 GTA online now , it says on google that they have yet 2 issue a statement about what's happend 2 the story mode and refuse 2 comment! There doing plenty tho 2 help the online side of the game

Andrewissig
  • Andrewissig

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 06:09 PM

Well from what I've heard the online ain't working too well.maybe they should go back to basics & fix the bloody story mode!

biggusbennus
  • biggusbennus

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 08:26 PM

Same problem here too. So annoying as it's a game breaker. Not restarting after I've done so much. Hope it's fixed asap

GTA advanced
  • GTA advanced

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:17 PM Edited by GTA advanced, 03 October 2013 - 09:33 PM.

well just wondering if i have a save before the update and used a adifferent save game and delete the update and go to the same game i saved before the up date will it work or will it just be the same?

vlara
  • vlara

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:31 PM

I have the same problem to. Rockstar needs to fix this asap.

GTA advanced
  • GTA advanced

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:31 PM

well it does work if you kept multiple DIFFERENT saves like i did in case i wanted to go back.

so does it work or not like if i have a game saved before the update then delete the update and go back to a saved game before the update then it will work

Sevenpatch
  • Sevenpatch

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:58 PM Edited by Sevenpatch, 03 October 2013 - 09:59 PM.

I have the online update and I am NOT having this problem.  I just played these missions last night.

Sorry to hear others are getting stuck.

Here is how I did the "Surveying the Score" mission:

Spoiler

biggusbennus
  • biggusbennus

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:01 PM

I thought replaying Surveying The Score might help but nothing....On the plus side, I've caught up on all the side missions. (Loved the hipster rampage).

Young_Ro
  • Young_Ro

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:07 PM

Has anyone found the JB900 car from Devins task which is supposed to be near Richards Majestic. I wonder if this has something to do with the glitch as far as no missions coming up.  If I go to studio as Trevor its ok if I go as Franklin the police wanted level appears as 2 stars.  Any feedback is helpful.

biggusbennus
  • biggusbennus

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:47 PM

They're releasing an update tomorrow for Online issues. Maybe it'll address this problem too. Doubt it..

jbaron
  • jbaron

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:45 PM

Omg I've been playing on one save the entire game! This "fix" sounds good but also sounds like I have to start the game again which, rockstar, I ain't too happy about. I've heard of online issues (which rockstar are having a lot of too) but the actual story mode not working is very poor, did they test it like once?

jbaron
  • jbaron

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:52 PM

Young_Ro that's exactly where I'm stuck, the mission isn't on the screen and I don't know where the film set is to see if it spurs something to happen when I get there. Lol fail! (And it's a JB700 no offence bro, I've just been typing it into ytube and google for the last freakin hour until I found this site)

AlexyGalaxy
  • AlexyGalaxy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 12:49 AM

I just got a response from the ticket I submitted. 

It did NOT work for me but feel free to try a solution for yourself.

Thank you for contacting R* Games Support.

We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with one of our titles. Below you will find some Console Troubleshooting steps which may help resolve the issue. These are the official troubleshooting steps provided by Microsoft on their support site:

Before troubleshooting, please check the following:
1. Turn the console off and on.
2. Unplug all power cords and accessories, and then plug them back in firmly. Make sure all connections are secure.
3. Update your console software (this article from Microsoft details how to check if your console software is up to date http://support.xbox....em-updates-info)

Clearing the System Cache:
1. Press the Guide button on your controller, go to Settings, and select System Settings.
2. Select Storage or Memory.
3. Highlight any storage device, and then press Y on your controller.
4. Select Clear System Cache.
5. When prompted to confirm storage device maintenance, select Yes.

Clearing the Game Data:
(Prior to clearing the game data, ensure that you back up any Save Data so it doesn't become deleted)
1. Press the Guide button on your controller, go to Settings, and select System Settings.
2. Select Storage or Memory.
3. Highlight any storage device, and then press A on your controller.
4. Select Games and Apps.
5. Scroll through the list until you find the game you want to clear the data, once you find it press A on your controller.
6. Delete any game related files which are not "save" files, if these files are deleted they cannot be recovered.
7. Once all of the files have been deleted, go back to the Xbox Dashboard Home.
8. Reboot the game.

If this is still happening let's try this on a second 360 to see if the same issue is occurring.

Cheers,

Raymond B.

Dusan Mandic
  • Dusan Mandic

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 01:09 AM

@Dusan Mandic

Where I'm stuck at, the only clue I have is when Trevor calls Franklin to Hang Out, Franklin says he can't because he is waiting on Trevor for something. But I've tried going to Franklins house and got nothing.

Exactly what happening to me, Trevor and Franklin won't hang out because they have another agenda to finish. I've called all of the contacts and nothing except Franklin hanging out with Jimmy. The only option I have is a blue question mark for Michael who apparently has 3 missions, of course I can't choose Michael.

Game is broken, however I get to work today and the few people I know who bought it where online last night and thats apparently working.

Cpt_Mustache
  • Cpt_Mustache

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 02:37 AM Edited by Cpt_Mustache, 04 October 2013 - 02:37 AM.

If I start a new game will I still have this problem?  Anyone tried?

ROTLD
  • ROTLD

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 03:57 AM

Still cannot play the storyline.

Dusan Mandic
  • Dusan Mandic

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 05:42 AM

If I start a new game will I still have this problem?  Anyone tried?

Too soon to tell, Might depend on whether it's patched or not. If you have the time you could try I spose

Azbo
  • Azbo

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 06:12 AM

I only had 1 other save file 2 boot from which was 17.5% my original was 58.2% :(
Iv loaded it from this point , I hope it works when I get 2 the same point. On a plus note I can choose a different path in heists 2 get the most from the game

Dusan Mandic
  • Dusan Mandic

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 06:32 AM Edited by Dusan Mandic, 04 October 2013 - 06:56 AM.

I thought replaying Surveying The Score might help but nothing....On the plus side, I've caught up on all the side missions. (Loved the hipster rampage).

I'm quoting this because I didn't like Trevor until the "Hipster Rampage" It just all felt so right, and Trevors comments are gold.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users