Quantcast

» «
Photo

Did Rockstar abuse of tresspassing?

22 replies to this topic

Poll: Did Rockstar abuse of tresspassing? (48 member(s) have cast votes)

Did Rockstar abuse of tresspassing?

1. No they didn't It's fine and much more realistic. (16 votes [33.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

2. It's ok, but it's a bit too much. (12 votes [25.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

3. Yes, but it doesn't affect me that much. (9 votes [18.75%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 18.75%

4. Yes they did, and it partly ruins the free roam. (11 votes [22.92%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 22.92%

Vote Guests cannot vote
LibertyKing
  • LibertyKing

Homie

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 25 September 2013 - 11:20 AM

This is serious. It really bugs me. You can't go anywhere without getting a wanted level.

Airport, prison and military base it's OK. But Vinewood sign, movie studios etc, it's a bit too much.

Rockstar has done a great map, but I can't go anywhere without fearing of being wanted.

What do you think?

MeGusta90
  • MeGusta90

I want a cool image under this sentence

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 September 2013 - 11:23 AM

Yeah, they overdid it a bit.

At LEAST they could of gave us a special outfit like in Red Dead that removed the wanted level.

• SamuelBenjamin likes this

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

I have no patience for you V section lurkers

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 September 2013 - 11:31 AM

You get a wanted level for going to the Vinewood sign or that Movie Studio? What were there thinking? People complained about the airport in IV being annoying and then they decide to add more restricted areas? Yup, that is logic Rockstar... -___-

• Terminus and theGTAking101 like this

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Get Love Fisted

• Australia
  • Best Member In An Official Group 2012

Posted 25 September 2013 - 11:40 AM

I've been to the Vinewood sign and haven't got a wanted level.
  • theGTAking101 likes this

Tsori
  • Tsori

=AoD= Prospect

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 11:45 AM

Because running into a movie studio, or going up to the nearest mobile network transmitter is allowed in real life.
  • EyeMacHunt and theGTAking101 like this

EllenPage-Mathers
  • EllenPage-Mathers

Ellen Page <3

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 11:48 AM

Because running into a movie studio, or going up to the nearest mobile network transmitter is allowed in real life.

Because when you die after a gunfight you magically come back to life at a hospital.

BS argument.

JWitfield
  • JWitfield

Snitch

• Members

Since when did this game become like real life? Everything people whine about is because its not supposed to be like real life..

Now you wanna say its like real life... Which is it, the game is supposed to have realism or it isn't... it cant go both ways..

Juzzy.jt
  • Juzzy.jt

Crackhead

• Members

Being a game that's the stuff I'd want to do....

OP: But I've been up the Vinewood sign multiple times and no police? I haven't tried the movie studio.

Lethal_Vendetta
  • Lethal_Vendetta

YouTuber

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 11:50 AM

Because video games are realistic.

Lol, all trolling aside though, I'm not sure if I like or dislike how often I become wanted from these same things.

janimal
  • janimal

Low Skilled

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:17 PM

I've been to the Vinewood sign and haven't got a wanted level.

yup me too. I climbed up onto one of the letters - no wanted level at all.

Retrorex
  • Retrorex

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:24 PM

The real life argument is total BS, take seat belts for instance  :panic:

Vorpax
  • Vorpax

Hustler

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:32 PM Edited by Vorpax, 25 September 2013 - 12:34 PM.

I love how those people bring up "because you're not allowed to do that, because its not realistic..." and yet the same time they say that the game is not the real life simulator aka The Sims and things like getting showers, using toilets and other such stuff is unimportant, because its GTA and it doesn't need that...Andi  don't honestly understand why second shouldn't be plausible, while first (getting wanted level for trespassing movie studios, climbing vinewood signs etc...) should!

BLAQK ROXSTAR
  • BLAQK ROXSTAR

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:42 PM

The title of this thread gives me a migraine. Wtf does it even mean?

Tsori
  • Tsori

=AoD= Prospect

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:43 PM

Oh fine, you don't want the answer people would have you believe then have the truth.

Truth is cops are over zealous because your not supposed to free roam in single player. Your supposed to do it online, where you will be then tempted to buy cash for money to pay for all the hospital bills you accrue.

Online players are cops ( at least those who choose to be) meaning you won't have to deal so much with the ai cops.

Everything about the single play is to push you towards the online mode, be it house interiors, purchasing extra stuff, new heists ect ect.

RydeCrash
  • RydeCrash

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:45 PM

From personal experience (Retrieving Note Scrap) from the Movie Studio I did not get a wanted level until I was seen by someone in the Studio. I climbed several stair cases, I got too close to the edge of the building towards the Studio and someone on the ground spotted me I heard “I’m calling the cops” Bingo two star wanted level.

Ryde…

Omar Comin
  • Omar Comin

Thug

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 01:22 PM

If you buy the hanger at the airport you dont get a wanted level any more.

Gronk87
  • Gronk87

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 01:46 PM

Oh fine, you don't want the answer people would have you believe then have the truth.

Truth is cops are over zealous because your not supposed to free roam in single player. Your supposed to do it online, where you will be then tempted to buy cash for money to pay for all the hospital bills you accrue.

Online players are cops ( at least those who choose to be) meaning you won't have to deal so much with the ai cops.

Everything about the single play is to push you towards the online mode, be it house interiors, purchasing extra stuff, new heists ect ect.

You sir, are an idiot. How the f*ck are people having so much trouble with this sh*t I've been playing for a week and haven't been annoyed but theres a ton of damn 8 year olds on this site that do nothing but complain. Don't like it? Sell the damn game and don't play so people who aren't bitches can play online.

Tsori
  • Tsori

=AoD= Prospect

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 04:25 PM

You sir, are an idiot. How the f*ck are people having so much trouble with this sh*t I've been playing for a week and haven't been annoyed but theres a ton of damn 8 year olds on this site that do nothing but complain. Don't like it? Sell the damn game and don't play so people who aren't bitches can play online.

You realise my post was not a complaint right? Or is it just easier to slap that label on things now?
Im having no trouble whatsoever and I'm enjoying the game more every day. But at the same time I'm not blind.

Now I'm not angry, however , I can't deny that things have been purposely held back for online, such as interiors of buildings ( that can be clipped into , so we know they are there), walls worth of guns at amu nation, purchasable safe houses, custom planned heists ect.

Now, if these things are in online then there is little reason for them not to be in single player aside from that would mean those who are interested in the free roam and " doing what you want" would obviously not do it online, as they then don't run the risk of having it ruined by others.

So they hold this stuff back, because as has been shown, if people are playing online, then they might pay money for some cash, the only way to ensure that people will want to do this online instead of single player is to offer content online that you just can't get in single player,

This extends over to features as well, why would anyone want to go online and be a cop if the cops and crooks system was in single player. If I could get the police uniforms, cop cars and immunity to wanted levels, along with the assigned cop missions that were found in the files for online, in single player I would never bother going online, purely because other people are the worst addition to these type of systems, I'd much rather play lcpdfr. However that's not an option as it's only online, so online I go.

This is what they want, it's a buisness choice and a smart one at that. People don't like it because it means the can't do it offline, it means that they can't do it outside the reach of other players.

That's why I posted, the cops are assholes in single player because of realism, because they now have a developed AI with somewhat individual personalities. Online however, where players are they cops, they won't be as strong, because who would win against the current police AI and player cops? Certainly not the criminal players.

ijustcameheretobeeotch
  • ijustcameheretobeeotch

Soldier

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 04:37 PM

realism? we're talking about the same game that lets you sit in an upside car and jiggle it until it rolls back on its wheels? and if fanboys blindly buy the product and are happy to pay more for less, then you end up with the x-box one.

this is the same problem as the police. I like the idea of the new feature, they just got over zealous and made it kind of a hassle. everytime I had to enter the movie studio the guard would call the police but I would just keep going to mission point and the cut scene starts and the cops disappear.

madmanaz
  • madmanaz

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 September 2013 - 04:48 PM

I don't like getting a wanted level for firing a silent pistol at the top of a mountain. I don't like being harassed by civilians just for standing still, this includes people in uniform, rich and poor. I feel like I'm unwelcome in this game at all because of how often people just attack and gang up on me. Then I fight back and instantly have a wanted level while civi's die from 4 punches or run when I pull a gun out.

aladdin85
  • aladdin85

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 04:50 PM

The title of this thread gives me a migraine. Wtf does it even mean?

word. what in the sodding feck does the title mean

Kent_Paul_Jnr
  • Kent_Paul_Jnr

lets bounce

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 05:01 PM

it would be nice if the gang members were this aggressive towards you but not random peds and the police -

a patch could fix this -

Pitch~Black
  • Pitch~Black

Peon

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 05:36 PM

I've been to the Vinewood sign multiple times without incident. I can't say anything about the movie studio as I haven't tried it. Are there more places than this? The military base is obvious. But I remember walking into a cunstruction sight as Franklin and being told by a security gaurd, "Hey, you can't be here!". When I kept strolling along thinking it was just dialog the gaurd started beating on me and I got 1 star. But, if it's just a few places in such a large world I hardly concider that "abuse". Actually, I would say it's a good idea to have some places like that to keep us on our toes. Some places would have security, I would think. I know some people want to go wherever they want any time they want and I can understand that. For me, though, I would prefer needing to get to know the environment and which places are safer than others. It would make Los Santos feel like it has a bit more of a personality. They did a great job with that in GTA:SA. It seems to be totally lacking now. On that note, I think the "hood" areas should actually be dangerous and they just aren't.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users