Karma for all you whiners.

83 replies to this topic
Zupexqt
  • Zupexqt

Rat

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 01:55 PM

Can't tell who is being sarcastic in thread anymore :(

Also I don't see how a complaint thread fixes anything. As instead of people picking certain things they want to hate on and then talking about them, it's already just turning into lists of things people dislike with no real talk on any of the things they dislike beyond that.

Thing should just be open to freely discuss with moderators deleting topics that straight up have no purpose but to hate. 

Ziggy455
  • Ziggy455

Ain't nothin' over til it's over.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom
  • Contribution Award [Expression]

Posted 25 September 2013 - 01:58 PM

The complaint topic allows you to discuss what you didn't like? You don't just have to list what you hate about V, you can talk. Get off your high-horse and go check it out. No need to keep this thread going if we're gonna stop the bitching.

captain45
  • captain45

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 02:02 PM

The complaint topic allows you to discuss what you didn't like? You don't just have to list what you hate about V, you can talk. Get off your high-horse and go check it out. No need to keep this thread going if we're gonna stop the bitching.

ZIggy 455, Is this you?!

vivalavendredi
  • vivalavendredi

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 02:05 PM

Hey Ziggy I have a question for you... Are your knees dirty yet?

muhahaha :D Great!

• Vorpax likes this

Zupexqt
  • Zupexqt

Rat

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 02:07 PM

If everything discussion wise could be solved in a single thread, you wouldn't have felt the need to create this topic in the first place to make your point. As opposed to just dealing with the topics you disliked inside them and then reporting the topics to moderators for spam.

• TreFacTor likes this

scrublord
  • scrublord

Certified Fresh

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 September 2013 - 02:17 PM Edited by Lagful, 25 September 2013 - 02:17 PM.

836205255_1378640696.jpg

:cookie:

Ermac
  • Ermac

this feels ironic

• The Yakuza
  • None
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 25 September 2013 - 02:25 PM

My opinion has some point of credibility not because it's a positive one, but because it's one that is right. It's not an extremely positive opinion, it's a f*cking realist opinion. 

The funniest thing I've seen all day.

WinterEdit
  • WinterEdit

It was all just lying there!

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 25 September 2013 - 02:28 PM

I agree with pretty much all points, though sometimes I'd just want to have a random chaos time without police coming (*cough* No Police-cheat from GTA: SA *cough*).

boxmonster
  • boxmonster

Disinformation Agent

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Mapping Los Santos]

Posted 25 September 2013 - 02:28 PM

ZIggy 455, Is this you?!

/thread

HenningM92
  • HenningM92

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 25 September 2013 - 02:31 PM Edited by Henning92, 25 September 2013 - 02:31 PM.

3. The driving system.

IV's driving system was f*cked up. There was no 'skill' involved in driving those cars, it just felt like you were skilled. Turned corners, sliding out of control, and never have complete control of your car was just weird.

The irony in this quote is just incredible

• TreFacTor likes this

Ziggy455
  • Ziggy455

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 September 2013 - 02:56 PM

All the one liner douches make me laugh. And no, that video is not me. Wouldn't my username be Mr.Ziggy455 instead? I don't like pokemon either. Keep trying though, sport. 

lazedout
  • lazedout

Snitch

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 02:58 PM

3. The driving system.

IV's driving system was f*cked up. There was no 'skill' involved in driving those cars, it just felt like you were skilled. Turned corners, sliding out of control, and never have complete control of your car was just weird.

Seriously, irony award for the day.

Ziggy455
  • Ziggy455

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 September 2013 - 02:59 PM

Ironically I like the driving system of both IV and V. f*ck me, right? 

Nudg3r
  • Nudg3r

Playa

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 03:01 PM

K.

captain45
  • captain45

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 03:15 PM Edited by captain45, 25 September 2013 - 03:15 PM.

All the one liner douches make me laugh. And no, that video is not me. Wouldn't my username be Mr.Ziggy455 instead? I don't like pokemon either. Keep trying though, sport. 

Oh come on, it was funny no?

SLUGFly
  • SLUGFly

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 03:19 PM

At the high end, I love how the cars handle (except the super-glue braking). The lack of choice between steering and car balance is a poor design choice though, and I can't understand how it was chosen nor how it made it through play testing.

TreFacTor
  • TreFacTor

O.G.

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 September 2013 - 03:28 PM Edited by TreFacTor, 25 September 2013 - 03:49 PM.

Anyone who purchased the game should be able to voice their concerns over changes as well as offer suggestions on improvements...calling them whiners only serves to segregate a community that otherwise loves Rockstar and GTA V. Stop the bickering altogether...A thread complaining about the complainers is really hypocritical and isn't warranted....if the game were perfect this thread creator would be too busy playing the game to even notice the online complaints.

• Ermac likes this

DrDetroit
  • DrDetroit

The Center of the Universe.

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 03:44 PM Edited by DrDetroit, 25 September 2013 - 04:37 PM.

I agree with Ziggy 99% (although I dug the IV handling...after I altered the handling.dat files).  

I'm a life long PC gamer, fist computer was a 286 Commadore, (I think, was back about 25-years ago) and just bought my first  PS3 console (GTAV bundle), and I'm kinda amazed how smooth it is and how fast it loads, without the discomfort of the PC install, which sometimes takes alittle skill to accomplish.  Good sh*t for sure!

I now love both platforms and will play both.  PC for modding my games (GTAIV is now a police simulator with LCPDFR and tons of modded cars and content)...and my PS3 will be for game I want that aren't out on PC yet or ever (Red Dead Remdemption...finally gonna play that suker!!).

Both have their place, and both perform a very valuable service if you ask me.

Good day,

DrDetroit

Peregrin Brandytook
  • Peregrin Brandytook

One Ring to rule them all.

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 September 2013 - 03:47 PM

36243-slow-clap-citizen-kane-orson-w-bJk

well said.

• king-rotty likes this

The Hylander
  • The Hylander

That Guy

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 03:48 PM

Every second thread appears to be some little kid whining about this game, so let me just justify it for you. You see since the V announcement trailer, thousands of you little kids have swarmed the V section, polluting it with your repetitive, retarded posts. You guys spent 90% of your time in this section, discussing this game, building it up, putting it on a pedestal. And what happens? When the game is released, you've got this big image in your head of what V is and stuff. If you spent a little less time on here, and more time doing sh*t, you'd have realized the game is still an amazing game. 

Allow me to enlighten you.

1. Graphics: GTA V's system works on pushing the PS3 and Xbox 360's technical capacity. For them to actually have a map of that size, and to have as much as they do in the game is f*cking amazing.

2. The cop system.

You're an enemy of the state, the police are trained, they don't need to second guess you if they're covering all the exits.

3. The driving system.

4. Nothing to do after the storyline?

Do the stranger missions, re-do the missions to get the gold stars, buy all the properties, explore the ocean, collect all the cars, complete flight-school, go on rampages, try to learn the cop's patterns, do property missions, rob liquor stores, rob people, play tennis, go scuba diving, improve your shooting, teach Chop tricks, skydive, climb mountains, mountain bike! Re-start the campaign and make difference heist choices, pre-meditate the stock market, take your time playing the game now that you know what's going to happen. Break into the prison, break into the air-base! Go dirtbiking, go flying, start fights. 

You people are too picky. 

>"Teach Chop tricks"

Well you know...if I had an iOS device or even a smartphone for that matter 

• TreFacTor likes this

Ziggy455
  • Ziggy455

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 September 2013 - 04:05 PM

Every second thread appears to be some little kid whining about this game, so let me just justify it for you. You see since the V announcement trailer, thousands of you little kids have swarmed the V section, polluting it with your repetitive, retarded posts. You guys spent 90% of your time in this section, discussing this game, building it up, putting it on a pedestal. And what happens? When the game is released, you've got this big image in your head of what V is and stuff. If you spent a little less time on here, and more time doing sh*t, you'd have realized the game is still an amazing game. 

Allow me to enlighten you.

1. Graphics: GTA V's system works on pushing the PS3 and Xbox 360's technical capacity. For them to actually have a map of that size, and to have as much as they do in the game is f*cking amazing.

2. The cop system.

You're an enemy of the state, the police are trained, they don't need to second guess you if they're covering all the exits.

3. The driving system.

4. Nothing to do after the storyline?

Do the stranger missions, re-do the missions to get the gold stars, buy all the properties, explore the ocean, collect all the cars, complete flight-school, go on rampages, try to learn the cop's patterns, do property missions, rob liquor stores, rob people, play tennis, go scuba diving, improve your shooting, teach Chop tricks, skydive, climb mountains, mountain bike! Re-start the campaign and make difference heist choices, pre-meditate the stock market, take your time playing the game now that you know what's going to happen. Break into the prison, break into the air-base! Go dirtbiking, go flying, start fights. 

You people are too picky. 

>"Teach Chop tricks"

Well you know...if I had an iOS device or even a smartphone for that matter 

Can you not get the app on Android? I think this iOS implementation of games seems really pointless in all honesty.

king-rotty
  • king-rotty

King Rotty

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 04:29 PM

The polemic arguments about games in this forum make me think I'm sharing it with fundamentalist religious folk.

STOP COMPARING THE GAME TO YOUR IMAGINARY IDEAL OF IT.

infact, here's a life lesson.

Don't compare anything to your ideal of it, because it will always disappoint you. Maybe this comes with a bit of life experience, but I've learnt to buy the games I want to actually play. You fools complaining about the game, yet still giving the companies money are so ridiculous you're essentially the westboro baptist church.

here's some correlations...

you refuse to acknowledge darwinism and how it influences industry and demographics. (if you don't like how the game is made, get your money back)

you compare what you've got, with an imaginary ideal of what you want (fantasy).

you cling to promises in contexts the author never meant, and that's based on a lack of life experience.

You actively get upset by those who's opinions are directly contrary to yours, because you feel a negative view is somehow more relevant than a positive one.

additionally...

Rockstar games is run by people who want to make money and make games. That's the reason people go to work, and it's the reason the people in rockstar even considered having a career in game development. Even though they may say publically they care about the opinions of their fans, they percieve that opinion by asking specific players who's opinions they respect.

Other than this the way they look at their feedback is mostly the numbers they're making, as is with every single game company ever.

Sure you can offer them user stories for feedback which allows them to make changes-  however to do this you really need to be concise about the specific things you're experiencing. not just what you think of it like "the driving is less realistic"... that means f*cking NOTHING. Additional details in the kind of level and vain of that are equally worthless.

Suggestibility: Take a playing card, the 3 of clubs - walk up to someone and say, hold this 3 of spades face down. show them it, get them to hold it face down... now as a trick, tap the card and show them a real 3 of spades in your deck. They should be surprised when they turn their own card over to find it's the 3 of clubs. Works around 7 out of 10 times and is a very popular and frankly over-used mentalist card trick.

I played the game before hearing of the opinions of driving and I seem to have a completely different view to it. As do the players I talk to IRL, who don't even use game forums because they're too busy playing games, or living life...

If voting can be influenced by small and easy to remember things like 'the war is bad!' and 'black people should be allowed to be president', you can see how quickly the masses leap on unknowingly.

I feel the complaints culture here is the exact same, it's just a unveiling of the more suggestible individuals...

Saying that. There is a good few reasonable complaints that I think could be listened to. I'd give you a dollar to find one though.

king-rotty
  • king-rotty

King Rotty

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 04:37 PM

3. The driving system.

I found the driving in IV to be incredibly easy. In V it's equally as easy but way more stylish.

The Hylander
  • The Hylander

That Guy

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 03:10 PM

3. The driving system.

I found the driving in IV to be incredibly easy. In V it's equally as easy but way more stylish.

Agreed. I always seemed to win in online races while all I hear in game chat is people complying about the driving only times I would stuff up is if the car decided to hit a bump at a wrong angle and flip over.

• Ziggy455 likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users