Quantcast

» «
Photo

Oceans - Do you care !?

44 replies to this topic

Poll: Oceans - Do you care !? (140 member(s) have cast votes)

Oceans & Exploration - Do you care !?

1. I like exploring the Oceans more than Land (9 votes [6.43%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.43%

2. Outside of missions I don't even bother scuba diving and exploring (18 votes [12.86%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 12.86%

3. I wish the Ocean content was replaced with another Sandy Shores type of area (16 votes [11.43%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 11.43%

4. I like the Ocean content better than the land content ? (1 votes [0.71%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 0.71%

5. I find the Ocean boring and pointless for a GTA game (17 votes [12.14%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 12.14%

6. I dont care, It's a part of the world and it makes it more engaging (79 votes [56.43%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 56.43%

Vote Guests cannot vote
lickylickyballbags
  • lickylickyballbags

Touch my prostate

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 27 September 2013 - 10:15 PM

I agree it's nice to have the ocean, but besides game immersion what's the point. How about tanker ships, reefers, groups of boats fishing way out, surfing, whales, dolphins, more then 1 shark, I mean that drives me nuts, giant ocean, one damn shark following you around...

ive been followed by two at once :-)

mrgrimezHD
  • mrgrimezHD

If there's money to be earned, I'm all over it.

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 10:33 PM Edited by mrgrimezHD, 27 September 2013 - 10:56 PM.

I'm sat on the Alamo Sea right now currently at 02:30am (in game) debating whether to jump in again or not.

I dived in when I first arrived but couldn't see anything but darkness and the sounds I heard when I swam a few feet down was enough to even make Trevor sh*t his pants.

oogx.jpg

Now I know there's a Plane in here and it was literally pitch black but when I saw this out of the corner of my eye...... that's when I made a B line for the surface :lol:

I keep waiting for a Giant Squid to turn out out of no where :cry:

g6ap.jpg

Gotta love the sunrise though

c0nc.jpg

FizzleRizzle
  • FizzleRizzle

The Hammer Man Cometh

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 10:36 PM

Ohman. I love the ocean in GTA V! It's so lively and colorful. Also, vicious as hell. Has anyone else been devoured by a shark yet..? I love it.

MGT86
  • MGT86

Prankster

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 27 September 2013 - 10:40 PM

I like the ocean, but two things ruin it for me.

1 the sub is slow as hell, its quicker to jump out of it, swim to shore, go to Trevor's helipad, and carry his sub to the other side of the island than actually just ride to the other side.

2 under water is just so damn dark, it should only be like that really deep down, not you go a few meters under water and its pitch black, ironically the same depth is well lit if you are just scuba diving, so why so dark in the sub?

Thought that too, but when your in the middle area of the ocean say 200 ft it's clearer then being only 10 ft, then when you go down say to 496 ft it's dark again thought it was a weird but cool touch.

Kent_Paul_Jnr
  • Kent_Paul_Jnr

lets bounce

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:30 AM

the one shark is funny but so lazy it breaks the immersion for me as when i see it,  im like hi buddy "its YOU again" lol

i mean wtf -

one shark that is as psychic as the police  - its a conspiracy i tell ya :rampage:

lol

<Yang3
  • <Yang3

☆☆☆☆☆

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:49 AM

I voted "I wish the Ocean content was replaced with another Sandy Shores type of area ", but I'm fine with the Ocean. It adds more variety to the areas in-game.

Don 'de Medici'
  • Don 'de Medici'

le wild OG appears

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 10:01 AM

Water scavenger quests.  I'm sure ill appreciate it when i get around to it - but im in no rush.

Monkeybiscuit
  • Monkeybiscuit

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 10:06 AM

The way this poll has been set up, nobody will really vote in favour of the ocean content.

But since TC doesn't really like that content, it's not that surprising eh?

Pepperjack
  • Pepperjack

Reasonably

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 10:55 AM

If we could simply use the scooba diving equipment from a speedboat rather than just the dinghy and that slow ass submarine it would be a lot more enjoyable to find the collectables

You can, by getting in the dinghy or the sub then getting out, provided you already have a speed boat close by you will still be in water just enter the boat and your scuba gear won't come off you.

QuietJosh
  • QuietJosh

Cynical and Grumpy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 September 2013 - 11:26 AM

Those sharks creep me out.

I was in the minisub and just had completed the nuclear waste collection mission when I saw a red blip on the minimap. I looked behind me, and sure enough, there was a shark. I gunned the sub for all it was worth and headed north, planning to ditch the thing where-ever I could find a beach close to the road, either to jack a vehicle or call a cab. That sub is just too slow for viable transport.

(Good way to escape a 5-star rating, tho' - they can't catch you when you're sitting 300 feet down!)

I kept an eye on the minimap and the shark was still there, right on my tail. A visual check confirmed it. I thought, "Uh-oh, I'm being stalked by Jaws." Finally found a beach and ran the sub up on land, jumped out of it, and looked at the ocean. In less than 5 feet of water, about 6 feet away, the shark was circling.

I whipped out a silenced carbine and took care of it. Shark Fin soup, anyone? Or, perhaps some grilled fish steaks?

That was just creepy. I was planning on scuba diving, but now I'm not so sure. I think I'll just explore the Alamo Sea, that's gotta be shark-free.

Right?

:nervous:

Ninjambie
  • Ninjambie

I got riders... you know who you are.

• Members
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 29 September 2013 - 11:45 AM

Outside of missions I don't even bother scuba diving and exploring

Daniel_B
  • Daniel_B

Peon

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 12:04 PM

I doubt I'll bother much with diving the oceans on future playthrus, but for that first time I loved 'em.  Finding that wrecked cargo ship with the containers spilled out all across the ocean floor, or coming up on the tail section of the transport plane off Ft. Zancudo and having to swim around it a little bit to try to figure out what the heck it was (and then discovering the nose a few minutes later)... those were just really cool moments.  (Reminded me of the excitement of finding that submerged nuclear missile sub up north of the map back in the VC days...)

And FYI, the ocean is almost pitch black in a lot of areas, but that's because there's nothing to see there.  When you finally do find a wreck worth exploring, visibility clears up quite a bit.  You'll run across most everything worth discovering while doing the nuclear waste and submarine parts collections.

vivalavendredi
  • vivalavendredi

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 12:29 PM

Didn't find anything cool down there outside of missions.
Oh, and I want flippers when scuba diving

greenthumbzup
  • greenthumbzup

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 12:43 PM

I love it but its way too empty. 

slydog
  • slydog

Rat

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 01:10 PM

Just feels like it is there just because nice for immersion diving in and finding junk littering the ocean and garbage bags floating away from a sail boat. But apart that there is just no point unless you want to grind more collectables.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users