Quantcast

» «
Photo

Oceans - Do you care !?

44 replies to this topic

Poll: Oceans - Do you care !? (140 member(s) have cast votes)

Oceans & Exploration - Do you care !?

1. I like exploring the Oceans more than Land (9 votes [6.43%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.43%

2. Outside of missions I don't even bother scuba diving and exploring (18 votes [12.86%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 12.86%

3. I wish the Ocean content was replaced with another Sandy Shores type of area (16 votes [11.43%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 11.43%

4. I like the Ocean content better than the land content ? (1 votes [0.71%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 0.71%

5. I find the Ocean boring and pointless for a GTA game (17 votes [12.14%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 12.14%

6. I dont care, It's a part of the world and it makes it more engaging (79 votes [56.43%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 56.43%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Kent_Paul_Jnr
  • Kent_Paul_Jnr

lets bounce

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:16 AM

I have been playing so much but I rarely care for the Ocean content - I am missing out on a big aspect of the game ... personally I wish all that effort was spent on creating more content onland,  ie more small towns, interior textures etc...

Whats your views ?

• Wolfman_1469 likes this

CReaper210
  • CReaper210

Kingpin

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:18 AM

I'm with you. I don't care for it. And trying to get all these collectibles in the ocean is just so boring. Everything moves so slow.

The couple missions that I had in the ocean were cool, but apart from that, I also wish they would've just made more content for the land.

Cyper
  • Cyper

Liberty City Lover Since 2001

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:20 AM Edited by Cyper, 25 September 2013 - 09:20 AM.

I like it.

And even if I didn't like it, I know other people would like it, therefore, I would like it anyway -The more freedom, the better.

Unfortunately i've haven't had any time to explore the ocean outside of missions. But I'll get there. Reminds me that I have to search for the downed Cargo Plane.

• BuyMeTheMoon likes this

Bazzad
  • Bazzad

Snitch

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 11:05 AM Edited by Bazzad, 25 September 2013 - 11:06 AM.

I was looking forward to this part of the game.

Then I did the mission where Michael dives in to the ocean and realised within 10 seconds that I had now experienced everything underwater has to offer.

It's a complete waste of space.

Ex Hellraiser
  • Ex Hellraiser

Legendary

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 September 2013 - 11:30 AM

I have yet to see a single shark in the hours I've been underwater. I've also yet to see a single person. The sea "so full of life seems utterly dead. I will find some time to venture to the
Spoiler
to see what is there. Also, I've yet to see a single Dinghy anywhere out in the water (I suppose I should look around the southern ports...) other than the mission with Michael/Trevor and Merryweather.

Kent_Paul_Jnr
  • Kent_Paul_Jnr

lets bounce

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 01:06 PM

I never expected the water aspect to be fun but was looking foward to being surprised -  oh well

They must have had a moment of madness thinking they could make underwater fun and long lasting especially when the majoirty of the money you make goes on character , car and gun customisation

Omar Comin
  • Omar Comin

Thug

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 01:16 PM

There's nothing to explore so I wont waste my time. 

illustriouz
  • illustriouz

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 02:04 PM

The problem I have with the ocean is that it takes up such a large area of the map and there's nothing in it aside from what's near shore, I've been exploring the hell out of it, no islands, no sea life ( I'm talking about way out in the ocean) except 1 stupid shark that keeps respawning if you kill it. Also having a hull integrity restriction of 250 ft with the sub you can't even get to the bottom far enough out. Useless waste of space, but at least the swells look cool

Zupexqt
  • Zupexqt

Rat

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 02:11 PM

I think the swells are fun to ride on jet skis, especially during storms.

As for the underwater content I couldn't care less. I haven't gone in a sub since the mission you were forced to use one. It was the most painfully slow and boring ten minutes trying to get to my destination :s Maybe more underwater creatures and less sparse easter eggs to keep me interested would have changed things? I still think I'd have preferred more land content that you see every time you play the game, as opposed to something way out of your normal playing area that isn't all that interesting.

Here's hoping there are lots of secrets we have been to dim to discover that make it worthwhile.

Androids
  • Androids

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 02:14 PM

If we could simply use the scooba diving equipment from a speedboat rather than just the dinghy and that slow ass submarine it would be a lot more enjoyable to find the collectables

SLUGFly
  • SLUGFly

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 02:15 PM

I have gone underwater (other than missions) only once and I never think about it. Yet, I TOTALLY care. I don't want a 'game' per se (my fun does not need a leash), rather I want a world. The absence of underwater in IV was like having invisible walls - total immersion breaker. The lethality of water in RDR was just f*cking stupid.

So, yes. Even if I never go underwater between now and GTA 6, if you can't dive in 6 I will loudly bitch. Make a fuller world that has actual ways of non-scripted interaction and it becomes a better game. Make more scripted activities and it just adds distraction or grinding.

bish0p2004
  • bish0p2004

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 02:26 PM

I have gone underwater (other than missions) only once and I never think about it. Yet, I TOTALLY care. I don't want a 'game' per se (my fun does not need a leash), rather I want a world. The absence of underwater in IV was like having invisible walls - total immersion breaker. The lethality of water in RDR was just f*cking stupid.

So, yes. Even if I never go underwater between now and GTA 6, if you can't dive in 6 I will loudly bitch. Make a fuller world that has actual ways of non-scripted interaction and it becomes a better game. Make more scripted activities and it just adds distraction or grinding.

I was thinking of the same thing. It's all about the option and knowing that you can do it anytime, makes it that more immersive.

Still, if I had to choose, I would have gladly taken more interiors instead.
  • Kent_Paul_Jnr likes this

illustriouz
  • illustriouz

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 03:00 PM

I agree it's nice to have the ocean, but besides game immersion what's the point. How about tanker ships, reefers, groups of boats fishing way out, surfing, whales, dolphins, more then 1 shark, I mean that drives me nuts, giant ocean, one damn shark following you around...

SLUGFly
  • SLUGFly

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 03:11 PM

True. You remember what San Andreas was like last time underwater though? A few schools of fish, jellies and turtles that you swim right through... and I think maybe I remember some kelp. >.< At least this is a leap in the right direction. :p
  • Kent_Paul_Jnr likes this

Wannabe in LS
  • Wannabe in LS

Trick

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 03:22 PM

It's ripe for additions with content updates. Especially if they don't publicize it and people find it by accident.
  • Don 'de Medici' likes this

GrndZero
  • GrndZero

Old enough to be your dad.

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 03:46 PM

I love the underwater but your poll points don't make any sense. From what I am reading, it is either you love it more than land or you hate it. I think the underwater was a great addition and I like exploring down there but not more than driving around and exploring on land.

I guess if i HAD to choose one of them, I guess the last but since it doesn't relay what I feel, I am not voting it.

• Monkeybiscuit likes this

Pitch~Black
  • Pitch~Black

Peon

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 04:19 PM

Admittedly I've spent the vast majority of my time on land so I probably am not a very good judge. But, just from what little exploring I have done, it does feel like an excessive bit of wasted space. My thinking goes like this: if your going to have such a mass of water and add boats, scuba gear and the like there should also be reasons to use them. Exploration is one of the major draws of an open world game, but that only really works if there are a lot of interesting things to find. I know there ARE at least a few things in the water people have found, but all I've found is seaweed and more seaweed. Not really inspiring, honestly. But it's still pretty cool that it's available; however seemingly pointless it might be. I greatly prefer pointlessly wasting time swimming or diving into it than automatically dying if you accidently fall in, however

IHateFlightSchool
  • IHateFlightSchool

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 04:28 PM

I don't care asides from it making pleasant scenery. Would of been cool to ride a dolphin though.

Kent_Paul_Jnr
  • Kent_Paul_Jnr

lets bounce

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 04:29 PM Edited by Kent_Paul_Jnr, 25 September 2013 - 04:40 PM.

I love the underwater but your poll points don't make any sense. From what I am reading, it is either you love it more than land or you hate it. I think the underwater was a great addition and I like exploring down there but not more than driving around and exploring on land.

I guess if i HAD to choose one of them, I guess the last but since it doesn't relay what I feel, I am not voting it.

yes my voting options in hindsight may be a little biased lol  <sorry>

I agree with the some of the posts here in that it is good knowing that it is there and is a part of the world, and a step in the right direction of moving the series forward, however it feels half baked and not as fun as all the "map" it takes up and the amount of time it would have taken to integrate it into the world,  ie the textures and such ..

But in terms of moving the series foward - I like the fact they have improved it - playing GTA VC on my phone reminds me of the days when water in GTA was instant death lol -

Kent_Paul_Jnr
  • Kent_Paul_Jnr

lets bounce

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 07:06 PM

oceans - no one really cares for them... this forum first day or two there was more ocean content - now its gone dry lol

dodeca
  • dodeca

Rat

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 07:28 PM Edited by dodeca, 27 September 2013 - 07:28 PM.

Id care a lot if they had modeled a mariana trench or a bermuda triangle and put in ugly deep sea fish, exploring the tummies of whales like pinocchio, poisonous jellyfish, underwater volcanoes, and maybe cthulu. But for now, its nice swimming under the ocean. I like the graphics underwater, how some waters are clear but other areas are murky. I especially like the graphics when surfacing. But it doesnt float my boat for too long. Ima land lubber for now.

N3W Quickness
  • N3W Quickness

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 07:33 PM

I only go to the ocean when I'm trying to escape cops other than that its boring , got to keep tappin A to swim faster sucks, they should have a fast underwater jetski or something.

Glenni91
  • Glenni91

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 07:36 PM Edited by Glenni91, 27 September 2013 - 07:38 PM.

I quite like it, it's a nice break from the rest of the pace of the game.

It can even make me sit on the edge of my seat at times, as you try to hide from a shark, sometimes it works, other times not, had some tense escapes from a shark a few times though.

There are definitely a few things down there too, several weapons to collect, briefcases of money, there's crashed planes of various sizes, a crashed cargoship, a few smaller boats, like a tug I have spotted there. 

Spitfirex007
  • Spitfirex007

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 07:37 PM

I have been playing so much but I rarely care for the Ocean content - I am missing out on a big aspect of the game ... personally I wish all that effort was spent on creating more content onland,  ie more small towns, interior textures etc...

Whats your views ?

Outside some jet ski's or boating once in awhile, I never go into the ocean. I have yet to do any diving mission or even find the gear. I really wish there was some surfing, fishing etc.

Lisha
  • Lisha

Prankster

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 September 2013 - 07:40 PM

I want to collect everything but the underwater creeps me out. However, it's f*cking awesome at the same time.

I killed a cop chasing some redneck guy (was a random event), had helicopters and cars all over me at 3 stars - shooting at my tires. Was driving slow as f*ck but kept going until I was almost at the shore (Alamo Sea). Triggered Trevor's special ability so that their shots wouldn't kill me before I got in the water. Dived down, only thing that made it possible for me to see was the helicopter's searchlight. I kept diving and coming up for air, the heli lost sight of me and the cop cars were stuck at the shore. Lost my wanted levels, got to land and then saw a redneck tapdancing to some music while his pigs walked around, haha.

That's why I'm grateful the ocean exists, it was f*cking epic being able to hide like that.

GtaNerdd
  • GtaNerdd

GTA By Religion. Liverpool. 22. WHATS APPENIN!

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 07:50 PM

The ocean is part of GTA which makes everything seem that bit realer too me. You could argue that it is boring swimming around looking for parts an I would agree. However, when you do happen to go to a dock, jump in a boat an go scuber diving, even underwater has a sense of realism, and the graphics beneath sea level walk hand in hand with the graphics on land. 

Not the mose entertaining part of the map, but certainly a nice touch by Rockstar

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Proto-Hipster

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 27 September 2013 - 07:52 PM

I was hanging out at Paleto Cove, near the edge of the map last night. Middle of the night with the creepy fog. Diving right at the edge of continental shelf is unsettling as f*ck. How you see the ground just drop off into this infinite bottomless pit... 

I was genuinely creeped out, and that's awesome. And I didn't even encounter any sea creatures! 

BettyBlueGT
  • BettyBlueGT

Thug

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 08:12 PM

Gameplay trailer gave underwater a lot more credit then it deserves.. Didn't they say that there would be other divers and you would have to fight them to get the treasures? Well NONE OF THAT MADE IT IN APPARENTLY!

glunark
  • glunark

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 09:58 PM

I like the ocean, but two things ruin it for me.

1 the sub is slow as hell, its quicker to jump out of it, swim to shore, go to Trevor's helipad, and carry his sub to the other side of the island than actually just ride to the other side.

2 under water is just so damn dark, it should only be like that really deep down, not you go a few meters under water and its pitch black, ironically the same depth is well lit if you are just scuba diving, so why so dark in the sub?

Ragref
  • Ragref

Fighting terror!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 September 2013 - 10:00 PM

Where's the "I like it, I just don't explore it often" option?

This poll is so biased.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users