Photo

*SPOILER* Dr Friedlander

44 replies to this topic
Lee Everett
  • Lee Everett

We need to keep you safe Clementine...

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 September 2013 - 08:29 AM Edited by GTA4 Niko Bellic, 25 September 2013 - 08:30 AM.

If you do not like spoilers or did not complete the game, do not read.

Spoiler

Spoiler

• Young Killah likes this

wallpaper42
  • wallpaper42

Hustler

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 08:32 AM

Oh yeah I killed that bitch. I was hoping they would let us after almost every unpleasant therapy session. PUBE HEAD!!!

Gokuzbu
  • Gokuzbu

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 08:44 AM

I wanted to kill him but he got away

CReaper210
  • CReaper210

Kingpin

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 08:45 AM

Spoiler
  • wallpaper42 likes this

De_Regelaar
  • De_Regelaar

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 08:49 AM Edited by De_Regelaar, 25 September 2013 - 09:29 AM.

I havent played every side-mission so i wonder when do you get to kill him. I just finished the mainstory. Its probably got something to do with going to all those sessions right?

Lee Everett
  • Lee Everett

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 September 2013 - 08:53 AM

I haven played every side-mission so i wonder when do you get to kill him. I just finished the mainstory. Its probably got something to do with going to all those sessions right?

For me the option became available after end-game. He was a real jerk, he gets excited, takes a picture with you, and gloats about how he was going to be famous, then runs off.

TiddleyWinker
  • TiddleyWinker

Trick

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 08:53 AM

Killed him too, most of the time his advice was sh*t, just looking to make $$$ off Michael.

Also, while on this topic, every meeting he would ask Michael about his sex life and in my game Michael would say something like "Oh I've been a really good boy, Doc. Nothing to say there" and Friedlander would respond with "Good, we're making some real progress here, Michael". I've never used prostitutes as Michael, at first it was out of not been interested in pursuing them so never got round to it (haha), but after I noticed the same question arose after two meets I purposely avoided using them as Michael to see if it had an effect on the marriage or the end game.

So, anyone ever used prostitutes as Michael and had him respond differently to the question of his sex life?

• wallpaper42 likes this

Lee Everett
  • Lee Everett

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 September 2013 - 08:57 AM Edited by GTA4 Niko Bellic, 25 September 2013 - 08:57 AM.

Killed him too, most of the time his advice was sh*t, just looking to make $$$ off Michael.

Also, while on this topic, every meeting he would ask Michael about his sex life and in my game Michael would say something like "Oh I've been a really good boy, Doc. Nothing to say there" and Friedlander would respond with "Good, we're making some real progress here, Michael". I've never used prostitutes as Michael, at first it was out of not been interested in pursuing them so never got round to it (haha), but after I noticed the same question arose after two meets I purposely avoided using them as Michael to see if it had an effect on the marriage or the end game.

So, anyone ever used prostitutes as Michael and had him respond differently to the question of his sex life?

Yeah, he responds differently if you use prostitutes. Michael tells him he fell off the wagon again, and couldn't control it (or something along those lines).

• wallpaper42 likes this

TiddleyWinker
  • TiddleyWinker

Trick

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:05 AM

Yeah, he responds differently if you use prostitutes. Michael tells him he fell off the wagon again, and couldn't control it (or something along those lines).

Ah, cool. Thought as much.

Would have liked a little more interaction with Dr Friedlander and the meetings, wish they went on a little longer though I suppose him kicking you out before your session seemed to be over was part of his money grabbing character. Would have been cool if he dived deeper into what you would get up to gameplay wise between sessions.

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 10:00 AM

I wanted to kill him but he got away

same here, but then the radio and the paper said i killed him anyway, lol! I can carjack anything and no cops show up but if i walk by a pedestrian they call immediatly or try to kill me.  the cops are always ramming the car behind me and the only time cops bother me is if i shoot someone. my stock prices hardly ever move.  I started a new game and i already owned the garage u buy later on, all the car were gone but there was a special car in it, edgly r8.   this game is so broken, there are so many bugs and missing or messed up things going on. I hope they patch it soon. 

peanutbutterjam
  • peanutbutterjam

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 10:07 AM

Oh lord! Didn't even have the option to kill him? Wtf

Finished the game and burned Trevor (so much regret). I've since started again in the hope of becoming a very very rich man through better planned investments.

What happens with the shrink?

wallpaper42
  • wallpaper42

Hustler

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 08:42 PM

Oh lord! Didn't even have the option to kill him? Wtf

Finished the game and burned Trevor (so much regret). I've since started again in the hope of becoming a very very rich man through better planned investments.

What happens with the shrink?

Maybe try calling him.

Pitch~Black
  • Pitch~Black

Peon

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:00 PM

He got away from me since he took the only usable vehicle and I got ran over in my hastey and rage-fueled reckless search for another one. Sigh. I would have enjoyed catching him. I pegged him for a douche  the moment he first opened his mouth.

MeGusta90
  • MeGusta90

I want a cool image under this sentence

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:03 PM

I let him go.

His advice was a bit meh, but still he didn't deserve to get all out killed.

If he lives you get an email of him saying stuff like "Calm down blah blah" and you replay with "If I ever see you again, you're dead!"

I think a warning is enough

Canoxa
  • Canoxa

Woosh.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:11 PM

I wanted to, but I didn't. I showed up at his place for the final session in a beater, for some reason. It was no match for his Comet.

MercyfulFate151
  • MercyfulFate151

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:12 PM

I followed him on the freeway until he said something like "I'm going to tell the whole world about you!" and I then proceeded to splatter his brain matter everywhere.

Tabula Rasa
  • Tabula Rasa

Don't get me wet! Ladies please..4 at a time.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 28 September 2013 - 01:26 AM

I followed him outside and as he got in his comet, I used slow motion to pop both his left tires; he spun out and two point reversed about one inch further "In" to his drive way.  He got out of the car and ran through his side alley out his back gate and tripped,.. I let him get up and watched him start running some length of side walk lining the beach.   Just as he approached some twenty feet or more I put a taser in his back, and as he shook violently on the ground I approached him, planting my left foot on his chest I proceeded to than poor gasoline on his still trembling face;..just before he "died" from the electrocution I pulled out a pistol and shot the pavement next to his left ear..he lit on fire head first and I took a picture of him as he died.  

I was disappointed in finding out that this wouldn't be the day I complete my path to inner enlightenment.  Maybe its that scam website,..o well, the more surprises the better.

• Startug, wallpaper42 and StupidAssHeadAss like this

Marck527
  • Marck527

Peon

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 01:33 AM

Yeah killed the sonofabitch

Lisha
  • Lisha

Street Cat

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 28 September 2013 - 01:39 AM

Killed him, funny thing was - he crashed into another car and then got all panicky. So he drove into this little gap bit and got his car stuck between a palm tree and the wall. He got out and started to run so I capped him pretty much outside his office, haha.

lizardman563
  • lizardman563

Give your free will a chance, you've got to want to succeed.

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 September 2013 - 03:46 AM

I tazed him. He fell to the floor but was still alive (this was in the middle of oncoming traffic on the freeway). I figured that a taze was enough of a warning and as I was walking away, an SUV going some 70 MPH flew past me and ran over Friedlander (LOL). So I killed him, but inadvertently.

• Rockwheels and wallpaper42 like this

Pepperjack
  • Pepperjack

Reasonably

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 September 2013 - 04:29 AM

First time around i tried to kill him but was too slow, reloaded then shot him before he got out of the driveway :)

Scooby803
  • Scooby803

Rat

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 05:27 AM

whoah i didn't know you could kill him. How do I go about doing this?

shansha
  • shansha

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 06:39 AM Edited by shansha, 28 September 2013 - 06:41 AM.

Everytime I went to this damn therapist perverts therapy he would always talk about how Michael might be gay and if he is dating a trucker and advised that Michael should join a cult.

TrevorPhilipsInc
  • TrevorPhilipsInc

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 06:41 AM Edited by TrevorPhilipsInc, 28 September 2013 - 06:44 AM.

I didnt get a chance to kill him...Got away before I could blast him. But the news article still ran as if he had died.

I dont know if this happened to anyone else

Spoiler

vninjav
  • vninjav

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 03:41 PM Edited by vninjav, 04 October 2013 - 03:59 PM.

Can you still kill him if he got away?  I tried to get out my gun but it wasn't fast enough.  Then I tried to mow him down in a car, but I got hit on the freeway.  Ughhh...

So, what I ended up doing was just loading the game before I met with him, and this time, I got my gun out in time!  Although I didn't realize I have to do the mission where you chase Molly down at the airport all over - good times . . .  

mvandor
  • mvandor

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 04:15 PM

Tough one, I tried moving his car, putting C4 on it, blocking it with my car - before I go in. Still the cutscene restores everything forcing you to go into special mode immediately to take him out, and he sometiimes goes left other times right.

melodicmizery
  • melodicmizery

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 08:59 AM

He got away from me since he took the only usable vehicle and I got ran over in my hastey and rage-fueled reckless search for another one. Sigh. I would have enjoyed catching him. I pegged him for a douche  the moment he first opened his mouth.

same damn thing happened to me i hurried up and picked my sniper rifle and froze time and laid down 3 or 4 shots at his car but it did nothing and he dissapeared. i was so pissed at how fast he was gone it gave me pretty much no chance at all. and i skipped all the stuff he was talking about since i didnt care

JC20S
  • JC20S

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 02:10 AM Edited by JC20S, 14 November 2013 - 02:11 AM.

Ah, this was a memorable part of the game for me.  Shot him down as he crashed into a bridge post.  I then pulled him out of his car, put a few more rounds in his skull to be safe, but to be absolutely sure I poured gasoline on his corpse and car and watched it all burn.

Yes... good memories.

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

''Cool it, assholes''

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 November 2013 - 03:24 AM

I didn't kill him, im much of a forgiving person anyway and I got refunded for every penny.

Everytime I just feel like he did his magic, he just stared at Michael and/or his family and all of the sudden they realise what is wrong with them.

Anyways, even if you let him go, a news report will say that he unfortunately was killed.

Artwork_del_Dr._Friedlander.png

P.S: Pubehead

Firebirdlmm79
  • Firebirdlmm79

BADMOFO

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 06:01 AM

I killed the bastard and I never felt bad about it.. I also kept his red Comet... It was a great compensation for all the times I paid him for useless advice..

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users