Photo

GTA V Cash Shop Online?

36 replies to this topic
Hitchens
  • Hitchens

Snitch

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:35 AM

Friend just sent me this link.... wow..... just wow..... I just heard this, only seen one person on the forums in all the threads i read say that this was a rumor...... I really hope it is....

...sigh...

https://www.youtube....be_gdata_player

If its been posted before, my fault I haven't seen it, and I've been on the last few days or since my join date..

...just shocked... everything game wise for me is crumbling.... first ffxivarr sucks now this... thought i had a game.... why cant they leave it as is... where you actually have to earn cash... wouldve been great as is...

ClassicChamploo
  • ClassicChamploo

Mugen ∞

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:36 AM

Its a great idea

Hitchens
  • Hitchens

Snitch

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:53 AM Edited by Hitchens, 25 September 2013 - 07:54 AM.

Whats a great idea? The idea I have about them having players actually "earn" cash by playing the game? Or the one where little kids can buy something that would have other wise taken some competence to acquire?

lasagna
  • lasagna

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 08:18 AM

sounds cool to me.

..GhosT
  • ..GhosT

GTAForums Veteran

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 September 2013 - 08:22 AM

This kinda ruined GTAO for me.

Whats the sense in even playing it when you can get everything from the start on.

Ill just hope tht the 1.25mil cost like 60 bucks...

Racer__X
  • Racer__X

@DeejayJeanP

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 September 2013 - 08:28 AM

It's for people who don't have time to level up for 15 hours just to have a good time with their friends online.
It's a shortcut, yes, but it would make make a lot more playable for alot of people. Imagine playing with your friends who have all the time in the world, and got pretty much everything in the game, and then when you finally get to play online with them, you roll up in your pinto carrying nothing but a knife.

Hitchens
  • Hitchens

Snitch

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:00 AM Edited by Hitchens, 25 September 2013 - 09:02 AM.

It's for people who don't have time to level up for 15 hours just to have a good time with their friends online.
It's a shortcut, yes, but it would make make a lot more playable for alot of people. Imagine playing with your friends who have all the time in the world, and got pretty much everything in the game, and then when you finally get to play online with them, you roll up in your pinto carrying nothing but a knife.

If your "TOO" busy, handle what you deem more important and what "is" more important like work, then take your time and earn things with your friends.

Aren't you having a good time earning things with your friends? 

Whats the point of robbing a bank, or stealing something if you've already got a lot of money?????

It makes no sense.

And your example still doesn't make it right, what are you ashamed of your friends making fun of your digital pinto?, or if they were your friends wouldn't they know you don't have much time? OR how about you meet friends that can play when you can?

A losing argument for me, people who don't value games, have taken over and only see them as 30min activities to do once a week and as something that should not require time investment.....ah whatever

• Revoemag likes this

Racer__X
  • Racer__X

@DeejayJeanP

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:09 AM

If your "TOO" busy, handle what you deem more important and what "is" more important like work, then take your time and earn things with your friends.

Aren't you having a good time earning things with your friends? 

Whats the point of robbing a bank, or stealing something if you've already got a lot of money?????

It makes no sense.

And your example still doesn't make it right, what are you ashamed of your friends making fun of your digital pinto?, or if they were your friends wouldn't they know you don't have much time? OR how about you meet friends that can play when you can?

A losing argument for me, people who don't value games, have taken over and only see them as 30min activities to do once a week and as something that should not require time investment.....ah whatever

Pretty much disagree with everything you said, but oh well.

The pinto was a example, you'd still rob the bank woth your friends if you'd be sitting on 10000 million because it's about the fun you have while doing it. I myself spent a sh*t load of time gaming, but there are people who love gaming but don't have as much time as the rest of the people. It doesn't mean they're neglecting it, or de-valueating the game.
And if you think most people would be buying that sh*t and then NOT earn extra money with their friends, because they'd think they would have enough money already, you're waaaaaaaay wrong.
That statement you made says more about you than about people "who don't give a f*ck about the game, and would go buy money packs because WORK could possibly never be more important than gaming". Bullsh*t man.

lasagna
  • lasagna

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:29 AM

i think the pinto thing was jus an example that if you have friends u want to do a heist with but evryone has infernus and every damn gun in the game and u because u have a freakin wife who wont stop with the incessant nagging about the damn kitchen remodel and the countertops and why nancy's husband installed the window blinds himself in two days and everything then u want to just join in because ugot one free nite in the week but u dont even got $$$ for a minigun then im all for it, just let the dude buy a cash card. someppl will buy the cash card others will just spend the hours to do it. one dont effect the other unless its something like the minigun is ONLY available to those who purchase it for $1.99 then we're f*ckd.

Racer__X
  • Racer__X

@DeejayJeanP

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:42 AM

i think the pinto thing was jus an example that if you have friends u want to do a heist with but evryone has infernus and every damn gun in the game and u because u have a freakin wife who wont stop with the incessant nagging about the damn kitchen remodel and the countertops and why nancy's husband installed the window blinds himself in two days and everything then u want to just join in because ugot one free nite in the week but u dont even got $$$ for a minigun then im all for it, just let the dude buy a cash card. someppl will buy the cash card others will just spend the hours to do it. one dont effect the other unless its something like the minigun is ONLY available to those who purchase it for $1.99 then we're f*ckd.

Hahhahahaha you genius

G_Unit_G_Unit
  • G_Unit_G_Unit

G_Unit G_Unit

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:44 AM

KERRRRRRRRRRRRRRCHING

Hitchens
  • Hitchens

Snitch

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 10:56 AM

The pinto was a example, you'd still rob the bank woth your friends if you'd be sitting on 10000 million because it's about the fun you have while doing it. (not about the pinto's and gadgets right?.. heh)

Stop reading here, it seems you and many others don't get it. I'll just agree to disagree. Don't even feel like it.

The days of gaming...tsk tsk..

Marcuskac
  • Marcuskac

Nobody tells me what I want.

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 11:03 AM

sounds cool to me.

How can this sound "cool" to you.

The point of the game is to do heist to make money and progress to better

safe houses, cars.

This ruins the point in GTAO, now rich people will just buy everything and you wont be able to tell who actually

is a good player which  worked hard for his stuff or just a rich noob.

And it ruins the fun of it.

xspeed
  • xspeed

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 11:20 AM

Those console players have no idea what pay-to-win is and how can ruin good games. That's why we see comments like "sounds cool to me" on what R* is planning to do.

• BigIce17 likes this

Scooter_Johnson
  • Scooter_Johnson

Rat

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 11:20 AM

well i hope there rich gamers think twice as ill be robbing a few of them per day

it makes them targets for everybody

xspeed
  • xspeed

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 11:22 AM

You really thing R* will let you robber players that spend real money for in-game currency? Think twice.

AndrewDeSanta
  • AndrewDeSanta

Republitarian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 September 2013 - 11:25 AM

If you don't like the goddamn idea, then don't buy the goddamn cash cards! ffs. Of course there will be some people that just buy all their money with real money but in the end they're spoiling the whole damn concept of GTAO. I highly doubt R* would take something like this out at the last minute.

rchaves007
  • rchaves007

Killing Machine

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 11:28 AM

well it was kinda obvious that micro transactions were to be implemented... only the naive ppl didnt thought about that... and its 100% fine by me if ppl want to buy money for gtao... let them be rich i dont care for me it will be about the experience with my friends even if we have to steal 100x times for banks than the rich kids that doesnt want to trouble with that...

GTAhole
  • GTAhole

BPC

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 11:29 AM Edited by GTAhole, 25 September 2013 - 11:32 AM.

Maaaan, who gives a f_ck? It really isn't that big of a deal. If this is true it doesn't mean rockstar is selling out. If the option for people to buy money is there, and somebody wants to use that tHen more power to them. Just because someone has a lot of cash wont mean they know how to earn money, or hold on to it. Hope they don't get mad when somebody steals thier money or the car they just modded.

This absoloutely will not affect the game for me. I'm going to play it and have fun. I'm not worried about how someone else is making thier money. I will be worried how to make my own.

Play the game the way you want to play it.
  • Fowl likes this

Denial101
  • Denial101

Lurking is my business.....

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 11:37 AM Edited by Denial101, 25 September 2013 - 11:38 AM.

I'm indifferent to this. I figure that if Rockstar want to make a constantly expanding, persistent world then they need to have a revenue stream coming from it to make it viable. If a few people wanting shortcuts is going to supply that income then I'm happy as it potentially means the rest of us don't end up paying a subscription or something similar.

I don't want the shortcut so I won't buy cash cards....simple. I play with my crew who also don't buy cash cards,.....simple.

And at the end of the day an inexperienced noob who's bought his (or her) in game money to get better weapons is still no match for a skilled player with a cheap SMG so there's no 'advantage' to it per se.

WV_DallasFan
  • WV_DallasFan

Pit Pirates

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 11:46 AM

Was bound to happen. Any MMO fan knows what damage this can do to a game if not implemented properly,

Regardless, GTAO is going to make tons of money, and micros are going to happen no matter how many people oppose them.

ryantoma
  • ryantoma

Toma Bomber

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 11:50 AM Edited by ryantoma, 25 September 2013 - 11:51 AM.

its bullsh*t, takes the whole point of a game away. GTA4 online was absolutely fine. The prices for winning a race etc were a bit off, but you earned money, only problem was there was nothing to do with the money but level up.

henrysdad
  • henrysdad

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 11:53 AM

i can see it from both sides. I can see how it will ruin a game for those that want to earn the rewards and i can also see it as an aid for those with spare cash to play on an even field with their mates if they dont have lots of time to play.

However, they are both very blinkered veiws.

In life, you get people with pintos (using the example) who rob and pillage to get funds. Thats pretty accurate. You also get those with loads of cash who also commit crime

I think this creates a pretty realistic (as close as you can morally get with GTA!) environment where we will have 'poor' guys with pintos and knifes robbing petrol stations and atm deposits, rich kids with all the gear and no idea, poor guys who are deadly with basic gear and also those super rich kingpin types who can fund anything.

Ill fall into the bottom end lol

MaskedMenace Uk
  • MaskedMenace Uk

Rat

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:04 PM

Its a great idea

You need shot, iv already payed £60 for my game now I'm having to buy virtual money just to enjoy it. What a joke. So much for working your way up from the bottom, more like buy your way up.

MaskedMenace Uk
  • MaskedMenace Uk

Rat

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:07 PM

well i hope there rich gamers think twice as ill be robbing a few of them per day

it makes them targets for everybody

Bought funds can not be robbed as they go straight into the players in game bank account. Only undeposited cash can be stolen.

WV_DallasFan
  • WV_DallasFan

Pit Pirates

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:08 PM

Its a great idea

You need shot, iv already payed £60 for my game now I'm having to buy virtual money just to enjoy it. What a joke. So much for working your way up from the bottom, more like buy your way up.

To be fair, you payed for the campaign and all that jazz. You can still play your GTA IV team death match and such and I doubt it will require any in game money to do, but the bigger stuff like bank heists and such will require money, and you're free to get it however you want, whether buying or from hours and hours of work. 

I have no intent on buying in game money, I quit an MMO where I had over a years game time over more than a decade mostly due to Microtransactions,

GTAO will still be enjoyable without having to spend cash. 

ells144
  • ells144

i like franklin because of lamar

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:16 PM

no one else can confirm finding this code so it may be fake .

Hitchens
  • Hitchens

Snitch

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:24 PM Edited by Hitchens, 25 September 2013 - 12:26 PM.

GameInformer GTA Online Hands On
Posted by Prometheus at 22:06. Category: General

The October 2013 issue of the GameInformer magazine featured a GTA Online Hands On preview with some new tidbits about the game. Special thanks to forums member xcroptic for summarizing the article and listing all the new info.

Summary
General:
  • The aim of GTA Online is to do whatever it takes to get more money in the bank and accrue assets such as cars and real estate.

taken from http://www.gtav.net/ at the bottom

maybe we can create friends only servers, that will wrk for me

Drifty1337
  • Drifty1337

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:45 PM

Its because it adds more fun to the game, imagne a 11 yr old just ripping his mom's credit card buying that money and buying a car ingame and upgrade it for all that cash.

Then you just come in and wreck his car xDDD

Fowl
  • Fowl

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:49 PM

Maaaan, who gives a f_ck? It really isn't that big of a deal. If this is true it doesn't mean rockstar is selling out. If the option for people to buy money is there, and somebody wants to use that tHen more power to them. Just because someone has a lot of cash wont mean they know how to earn money, or hold on to it. Hope they don't get mad when somebody steals thier money or the car they just modded.

This absoloutely will not affect the game for me. I'm going to play it and have fun. I'm not worried about how someone else is making thier money. I will be worried how to make my own.

Play the game the way you want to play it.

The money you buy goes straight in to your bank account. So no, you won't be able to rob them.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users