Chasing the truth activation

47 replies to this topic
SanslosInNuce
  • SanslosInNuce

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 November 2013 - 12:38 PM

I can also confirm this works!
Went online, played a couple of missions the went back offline using the characterwheel.
Epsilonmission popped right back up along with the last one mission for franklin.
Also got a text from one of my cinemas telling me about a robbery in progress.
Finally!

PetsOvernight
  • PetsOvernight

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 25 November 2013 - 05:20 PM

Hm. Well I am thankful I DID finally get the Epsilon missions to work, but I still am not seeing any random encounters anymore... no blue blips, security vans, etc... Hopefully they will come back. At 96.25% completion just have jumps, knife flights, and a few more under the bridges.

Have only "seen" 37/57 random events... so I hope I get a chance to see a few others soon, some seem pretty cool.

JJRambo2320
  • JJRambo2320

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 December 2013 - 09:01 PM

Nothing has fixed this for me. I delivered the cars, got all the prompts & even got the text from marnie saying the client liked the cars, but no mission marker to start Chasing the Truth!!!

i have 100% completion, and i notice that all of my business haven't contacted me once for manager missions but i am getting random events

Steps I've taken from forumns and google ....

- tried the game data delete trick reinstalled didn't work

- went online and off-line A few times

- went back to the epsilon website donated multiple times and clicked everything!

- saved game at safe house 10 times

- killed myself 10 times which passed probably 10 days

Mission marker simply will not show up!!!!!!

I contacted rockstar but no reply yet

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States
  • Helpfulness Award
    Contribution Award [GTAF]

Posted 15 December 2013 - 09:40 PM Edited by Spuds725, 15 December 2013 - 09:41 PM.

I asked this in your other thread and you didn't answer-- after going online, did you switch to OFFLINE by selecting Michael via your Character Wheel or did you pause and exit GTAO via the menus??

Post #31 above says they fixed this by switching via that method.

Also in the other thread--- the mission hangup I linked you to said that everything seems normal but you HAVE TO get the exit vehicle prompt in order for it to count... he seemed pretty confident about this... for those that might be interested-- http://gtaforums.com...entry1064241637

Do you have a save you can go back to and re-deliver the cars?

Since this is not a 100% requirement-- you can always go back to "any" save you might have or just start a new game and redo the epsilon missions-- they don't have to be on your "main" save.

JJRambo2320
  • JJRambo2320

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 December 2013 - 11:08 PM

I asked this in your other thread and you didn't answer-- after going online, did you switch to OFFLINE by selecting Michael via your Character Wheel or did you pause and exit GTAO via the menus??

Post #31 above says they fixed this by switching via that method.

Also in the other thread--- the mission hangup I linked you to said that everything seems normal but you HAVE TO get the exit vehicle prompt in order for it to count... he seemed pretty confident about this... for those that might be interested-- http://gtaforums.com...entry1064241637

Do you have a save you can go back to and re-deliver the cars?

Since this is not a 100% requirement-- you can always go back to "any" save you might have or just start a new game and redo the epsilon missions-- they don't have to be on your "main" save.

Thanks for helping man but.......

recheck because i DID answer you on the other post

No i did not switch to Michael after online so i will try that.

But also, i did state that i got all the car delivery prompts, and even got the text that it was complete .... so i just need the fricken marker to appear

gonna try the Michael online thing ... not holding my breath, it won't work im sure.

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 16 December 2013 - 03:16 AM

Still not sure you are understanding me.

When leaving online-- DO NOT PAUSE--- Push and hold the down button and Select Michael with the stick-- this will kick you out of GTAO and switch you directly to Michael...

Second...

The post I linked to-- it sounded as if the guy said he got all the normal notifications about completing the car deliveries--- but next mission would still not show up--- He stated that when delivering the cars-- you HAVE TO get a pop up about "exiting the vehicle" before you exit it-- if you didn't get this, then you would still get the text that it was completed but the next mission would not pop up... I know you are saying you got all the prompts-- but this is such a subtle thing that I want to make sure you are understanding this-- I did this mission and don't recall the game telling me to exit the vehicle when I delivered them but my next mission did pop so I never worried about it after (but I did rotate my saves I keep 4 slots rotating now in case I encounter a problem I can go back to any of my last 4 saves)--- 

Sorry if I am being redundant and you did understand this before-- just wanted to make this absolutely clear to you-- your responses are making me think you just breezed over what I wrote....

I do wish you luck.

• JJRambo2320 likes this

JJRambo2320
  • JJRambo2320

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 December 2013 - 04:33 AM

Still not sure you are understanding me.

When leaving online-- DO NOT PAUSE--- Push and hold the down button and Select Michael with the stick-- this will kick you out of GTAO and switch you directly to Michael...

Second...

The post I linked to-- it sounded as if the guy said he got all the normal notifications about completing the car deliveries--- but next mission would still not show up--- He stated that when delivering the cars-- you HAVE TO get a pop up about "exiting the vehicle" before you exit it-- if you didn't get this, then you would still get the text that it was completed but the next mission would not pop up... I know you are saying you got all the prompts-- but this is such a subtle thing that I want to make sure you are understanding this-- I did this mission and don't recall the game telling me to exit the vehicle when I delivered them but my next mission did pop so I never worried about it after (but I did rotate my saves I keep 4 slots rotating now in case I encounter a problem I can go back to any of my last 4 saves)--- 

Sorry if I am being redundant and you did understand this before-- just wanted to make this absolutely clear to you-- your responses are making me think you just breezed over what I wrote....

I do wish you luck.

Update... Thanks for the continued help, i did understand what you meant about about switching to Michael from the selection wheel while online, i just worded it wrong. I tried that and had zero luck. I do have a rotation of saves also, i just didn't want to loose 3-4 hours of stunt jumps, bridges and other stuff.

Also, i do not recall if i did or didn't get the exit vehicle prompts :(

Guess im going back to a older save.

RandomStunt
  • RandomStunt

That hobo from poland

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 17 December 2013 - 05:26 PM

As far as I can recall, the Epsilon missions do not count towards 100% game completion, However, completing them does give you a bit of personal satisfaction as theyare not really the most exciting in the game.

it counts towards the REAL 100%

dont get how they can call it 100% when its only like half?!

when you kill off a character, it wouldn't be possible for Real 100%. that's why Frank's SaF missions are only needed.

Isuck100%
  • Isuck100%

Hasa Diga Eebowai!

• Members

Posted 21 December 2013 - 10:17 PM Edited by Isuck100%, 21 December 2013 - 10:22 PM.

I was able to solve the problem for myself!

I suffered from this same issue. After delivering the 5th vehicle, I got the onscreen prompt of completing the car deliveries, and I received an email from Marnie thanking me for delivering the cars. But I did not receive an Epsilon icon on the map for the next mission, nor was I asked to donate to the website. I tried reloading saves and delivering the vehicles again to no avail.

When I read this thread today and saw the possible solution, I immediately loaded up my save, entered multiplayer, and exited via Michael on the character wheel. To my despair, this fixed nothing and I still had no Epsilon icon on my map. What I did next corrected the issue:

I reloaded my save right before delivering the 5th vehicle. I drove the vehicle into the garage and exited to complete the mission. Then I immediately hopped into multiplayer before receiving the text from Marnie. I then again exited back to single player by selecting Michael from the character wheel. Guess what...the Epsilon icon was right there on my map as soon as I loaded in. I didn't even receive a text but I'll be damned, the icon is there!

So if you have the same problem as me, and switching to Michael from multiplayer did not work, try it again but this time do it immediately after delivering the fifth vehicle. Hope this helps someone else!

JJRambo2320
  • JJRambo2320

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 December 2013 - 06:16 AM

I suffered from this same issue. After delivering the 5th vehicle, I got the onscreen prompt of completing the car deliveries, and I received an email from Marnie thanking me for delivering the cars. But I did not receive an Epsilon icon on the map for the next mission, nor was I asked to donate to the website. I tried reloading saves and delivering the vehicles again to no avail.

When I read this thread today and saw the possible solution, I immediately loaded up my save, entered multiplayer, and exited via Michael on the character wheel. To my despair, this fixed nothing and I still had no Epsilon icon on my map. What I did next corrected the issue:

I reloaded my save right before delivering the 5th vehicle. I drove the vehicle into the garage and exited to complete the mission. Then I immediately hopped into multiplayer before receiving the text from Marnie. I then again exited back to single player by selecting Michael from the character wheel. Guess what...the Epsilon icon was right there on my map as soon as I loaded in. I didn't even receive a text but I'll be damned, the icon is there!

So if you have the same problem as me, and switching to Michael from multiplayer did not work, try it again but this time do it immediately after delivering the fifth vehicle. Hope this helps someone else!

Theres Hope! i will be trying this in the morning!

JJRambo2320
  • JJRambo2320

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 December 2013 - 11:59 PM

Theres Hope! i will be trying this in the morning!

it didn't fix it :(:(

King_Curtis
  • King_Curtis

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 May 2014 - 09:56 AM

I have the same problem, i tried all of your options but none of them seem to work. Anyone got a tip for me?

Epic.
  • Epic.

The only positive person on the Forums.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 May 2014 - 10:02 AM

I have the same problem, i tried all of your options but none of them seem to work. Anyone got a tip for me?

Don't bump the thread. Go to the Questions and Answers forum.

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

*blows up cars with RPG*

• V Staff
  • Ireland
  • Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 18 May 2014 - 10:25 AM

Don't bump the thread. Go to the Questions and Answers forum.

Threads in Mission Help can be bumped so people can get help with the problem. Same with Troubleshooting.

@King_Curtis - Some time after delivering the cars, you should have gotten an email/text message from Marnie that you should go to Grapeseed. Did you save the game after delivering the cars? Apparently, there is a glitch that when you save the game before receiving the email, the mission won't appear.

King_Curtis
  • King_Curtis

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 May 2014 - 11:47 AM Edited by King_Curtis, 18 May 2014 - 12:20 PM.

I might have done that, but i am not sure. I have delivered all 5 vehicles and i think i did get an email, but again not sure. Any way to fix this glitch? I dont have previous saves.

Also i notice none of the other missions are starting. I have the game at 95%, but i am missing 2 offroad races which dont seem to pop up (The other 4 i have all done) and i also cant seem to get the Hunting mission going, cletus answering machine is always on. I also never get calls from property anymore. Do i have a corrupt file or something?

thanks a lot in any case!

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 18 May 2014 - 01:47 PM

Some of the off road races only pop up at night (I recall the one in the quarry specifically doing this).

Another thing with races is that I experienced a bug when completing Vespucci canals race--- For me, when I first attempted it, I lost the race.... I hit the "retry" button and then won it-- but it would not show up as completed on the rockstar social club but would show up as ticked off on my map. I had to completely repeat the race and pass it without using the "retry" for it to register.

For the races anyway-- check your social club checklist  and see if your previous race is completed there-- and complete your 4th race again and make sure you win it on one try.

I urge you to immediately start using multiple save slots and start saving your progress so you can go back if you need to.... another thing is to turn off your auto save and start using the quick save feature on your phone.

What I do is maintain 3 saves for my play through--- and always save in the 3rd slot (this will move it to the top). Every 5 or 10% of game completion, save in a new slot to mark your progress.

Besides the above reason-- I've read of people not getting their trophies/achievements to pop up.... so  say for doing all 50 stunt jumps-- you save right before the 50th-- complete the 50th.... if the trophy doesn't pop, you can reload and try again later... if you have auto save on and no backup saves--- you complete the 50th jump, it will auto save after it is done and you can't repeat finishing them unless you have a backup save.

I know this advice might be too late for you if you are going for 100% but I've read of literally hundreds of people experiencing bugs/glitches that have prevented them from getting 100% and without a backup-- most of them need to restart the game completely.

YoMamasTacos
  • YoMamasTacos

Player Hater

• New Members
  • Canada

Posted 06 July 2014 - 11:12 PM

I don't know if this has already been answered, but it says that I've completed it on the Social Club Checklist, and I don't remember if I got an e-mail from Marnie or not, as it was a few months ago. I've donated over $100,000 total, all at different times, to try and trigger the mission, but it won't work.

MythicRare
  • MythicRare

Twisted Samurai

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 July 2014 - 03:20 PM

The same things is happening to me. I got the email, delivered all the cars, but no mission. I don't know if this happened to anyone else, but after I got the email, I did see the next Epsilon mission for a while, but at some point in time, the symbol disappeared.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users