Photo

Chasing the truth activation

47 replies to this topic
premier
  • premier

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 06:12 AM

I have completed Assuming the truth (collected all the cars) and it is marked as completed on my profile.

Only problem is now I can't figure out how to start the next mission in the chain, I have done the submarine parts and nuclear waste as I have waited saved in the safehouse around 50 times and checked the epsilon website, phone, email and texts all to no avail. Anyone have any tips?

Ninjambie
  • Ninjambie

I got riders... you know who you are.

• Members
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 25 September 2013 - 06:45 AM

Donate 10k, 5k twice.

premier
  • premier

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 10:29 AM

Thanks, according to what I can find donating 10k seems to trigger the mission after the one I am stuck on, I did it anyway and slept another 40 times and nothing is happening. No email and no marker :(

premier
  • premier

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 02:06 AM

Have been reading and it seems I am not the only one with this problem but can't find any support on how to fix it. I don't have a save file to go back to, so its either back to the beginning or giving up on the game at this point :(

LAPD 85
  • LAPD 85

The Cop

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 11:00 PM

I'm having the same problem too.  I delivered the cars and the mission came up but I reloaded my save and now the mission won't activate.  Anyone come up with a workaround?

LAS7 MachetE
  • LAS7 MachetE

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 06:39 PM

i have same problem too... 

premier
  • premier

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 01:24 AM Edited by premier, 30 September 2013 - 01:25 AM.

I have sent this into Rockstar and got the following reply (after them repeatedly telling me it was a gameplay issue and that I needed to watch YouTube videos or read online walkthroughs) 

"Thank you very much for that information. I will process this Bug Report accordingly.

If we determine this to be an issue affecting all other copies if the game, we will report this information to the proper departments.

In the meantime, please try the following:

Before troubleshooting, please check the following:
1. Turn the console off and on.
2. Unplug all power cords and accessories, and then plug them back in firmly. Make sure all connections are secure.
3. Update your console software.

Clearing the Game Data Utility:
1. In the XMB home menu, go to (Game) > [Game Data Utility]. 
Important: Make sure you select [Game Data Utility]. Do NOT select [Saved Data Utility], as this will delete all of your saved games files. 
2. Highlight the game data utility file (i.e., name of a particular game you have been playing) you wish to delete. 
3. Press the button and select [Delete]. 
4. Highlight "Yes" and press the button to confirm the deletion. 
5. A message indicating the file is being deleted will appear. 
6. A "Delete completed." message will appear once the file has been successfully deleted. 
7. Once all of the files have been deleted, go back to the XMB home menu.
8. Reboot the game.

Thank you again for this information.

Hope you continue to enjoy the game!

Best Regards,
Paige B."

Haven't tried clearing the game utility data because the only thing I have in there is the blimp DLC pack. Hope they release a patch soon and I recommend that others with this problem contact R* so they know it is a bug affecting a lot of users.

frodrick
  • frodrick

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 03:51 PM

im one of many. But have anyone noticed that ALL random events f*cks up? like random roberys, securityvans etc, dont get anything. if RS dont fix this im selling my game, already have 1 corrupt at 90h, restarted and now at 55h. and will NOT start over again :/

• FoxtrotCharlie likes this

am30
  • am30

Boss

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 14 November 2013 - 04:06 PM

As far as I can recall, the Epsilon missions do not count towards 100% game completion, However, completing them does give you a bit of personal satisfaction as theyare not really the most exciting in the game.

frodrick
  • frodrick

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 11:49 PM

As far as I can recall, the Epsilon missions do not count towards 100% game completion, However, completing them does give you a bit of personal satisfaction as theyare not really the most exciting in the game.

it counts towards the REAL 100%

dont get how they can call it 100% when its only like half?!

PetsOvernight
  • PetsOvernight

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 15 November 2013 - 06:14 PM

Uhg stuck here too... even after the 1.05 patch they said would fix it. And completing it gets you a silver trophy which I badly want... this is bullsh*t.

SanslosInNuce
  • SanslosInNuce

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 06:49 PM

Got the same issue and have not found anything to kick-start the mission. I have mailed rockstarsupport asking if they are planning to resolve the issue for those of us who are stuck, yet no answer.
They fixed the glitch for everyone starting the Epsilonmissions fresh but still no fix for us who actually got stuck.

PetsOvernight
  • PetsOvernight

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 15 November 2013 - 10:01 PM

Yeah I sent them a message to about a day or 2 ago with no response... hopefully they'll realize this issue is NOT resolved like that thought and can code a fix for it, even just making it as simple as having to call Marnie or something to trigger it... I know very little about coding so this is probably a bigger thing to fix than I realize, but still, can't be impossible. Very frustrating.

frodrick
  • frodrick

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 November 2013 - 01:02 AM

Yeah I sent them a message to about a day or 2 ago with no response... hopefully they'll realize this issue is NOT resolved like that thought and can code a fix for it, even just making it as simple as having to call Marnie or something to trigger it... I know very little about coding so this is probably a bigger thing to fix than I realize, but still, can't be impossible. Very frustrating.

its easier than u think, if the coder knows what he does and should do =)

frodrick
  • frodrick

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 November 2013 - 01:08 AM

Got the same issue and have not found anything to kick-start the mission. I have mailed rockstarsupport asking if they are planning to resolve the issue for those of us who are stuck, yet no answer.
They fixed the glitch for everyone starting the Epsilonmissions fresh but still no fix for us who actually got stuck.

do you get any random events at all? i dont even get cexurityvans or random robberies.

PetsOvernight
  • PetsOvernight

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 16 November 2013 - 03:03 AM

That's true... Just realized I don't see any random events now either. Something is definitely bugged out...

frodrick
  • frodrick

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 November 2013 - 10:59 AM

That's true... Just realized I don't see any random events now either. Something is definitely bugged out...

its like a mission is active preventing things to happen, i can do other things thou like races and stuff. only have like 3 random left and kifflom missions for 100% so im hatin right now :(

SanslosInNuce
  • SanslosInNuce

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 November 2013 - 11:14 AM

do you get any random events at all? i dont even get cexurityvans or random robberies.

I've gotten random events like hitchhikers after the glitch, haven't seen any sec.vans thou, but I haven't searched for them either so.

Yeah, one would think it can't be such a hard fix to make so calling Marnie would do a search for locked-out missions to trigger.

frodrick
  • frodrick

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 November 2013 - 12:26 PM

I've gotten random events like hitchhikers after the glitch, haven't seen any sec.vans thou, but I haven't searched for them either so.

Yeah, one would think it can't be such a hard fix to make so calling Marnie would do a search for locked-out missions to trigger.

they could just add a trigger reset, cause gamesave has info on what to spawn so cant be that hard.

baggers212
  • baggers212

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 November 2013 - 10:28 PM Edited by baggers212, 16 November 2013 - 10:29 PM.

I am here because I seem to have the same glitch, and have noticed that I have only had a couple of random events triggered over the last few weeks of playing! My Franklin still has a '1' on the player selector, but there are no markers or Friends and Freaks ?'s!

I hope it is resolved very soon...

SanslosInNuce
  • SanslosInNuce

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 06:30 AM

I am here because I seem to have the same glitch, and have noticed that I have only had a couple of random events triggered over the last few weeks of playing! My Franklin still has a '1' on the player selector, but there are no markers or Friends and Freaks ?'s!
I hope it is resolved very soon...

Give Tonya a call. It may be the towing-mission.
Otherwise you could check your Social Club Checklist to see what mission you are missing.

PetsOvernight
  • PetsOvernight

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 18 November 2013 - 05:42 PM

Got a reply from R* support:

Hello,

Thank you for contacting technical support. We are aware of the issue you are experiencing as it has been reported by several of our users. I can assure you that the development team is looking into the cause and are working towards a fix. We ask that you please bear with us as we work towards this.

Best Regards, 
Blair G.

Hopefully we can finally get this issue fixed soon! Anyone else write to them/get a reply?

Beastynoob951
  • Beastynoob951

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 November 2013 - 05:53 AM

http://support.rocks...5-cars-in-GTA-V

frodrick
  • frodrick

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 November 2013 - 12:06 PM

NOT resolved.

i had 1,05 and still got this. and now nothing spawns.

frodrick
  • frodrick

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 11:22 AM

seem like 1.06 fixed it, got the kifflom missions back, and found 1 random event so far :)

SanslosInNuce
  • SanslosInNuce

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 08:14 PM

seem like 1.06 fixed it, got the kifflom missions back, and found 1 random event so far :)

Not for me. Still no Epsilonmissions.
Got an answer from rockstar thou, telling me it might get resolved if I saved in a new slot och loaded up that save, it didn't work.
But you guys might wanna try it.

PetsOvernight
  • PetsOvernight

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 22 November 2013 - 12:27 AM Edited by PetsOvernight, 22 November 2013 - 02:35 AM.

Well I have 1.06... don't expect anything from it, but I'll give it a shot, and thanks Sanslos... I'll try that too! Hopefully they'll release a definite fix for it soon though, it's obviously a very big issue.

EDIT: Well, nothing has worked! Ha...  :/

PetsOvernight
  • PetsOvernight

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 24 November 2013 - 07:02 AM

UPDATE!

I was playing some GTA:Online tonight and went back into single player as Michael, and boom! The Kifflom icon was on my map! So literally it just took DAYS to show up, or weeks even... I'm not sure, but it took a damn long time... but it popped, and I'm now working through it. Very relieving.

Anyone who isn't having luck just wait it out for now... switch from online to SP etc... no idea what specifically finally triggered it for me but seems I'm good... good luck to the rest of you.

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Drunk on Power

• United-States
  • Helpfulness Award
    Contribution Award [GTAF]

Posted 24 November 2013 - 03:20 PM

Do yourself a favor and save in multiple slots from now on... If one doesn't pop, yoh can reload a recent different save.... (turn off auto save)

mgolvach
  • mgolvach

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 November 2013 - 08:11 PM

Hey there,

After loading 1.06 on PS3, I was able to get the Epsilon missions back also.  I had to go into GTA Online and do a Solo session, played one Gang Attack, switched back to offline and all the Strangers and Freaks missions and random events came back (I had lost all the Josh missions, etc, as well)

I'm not sure that 1.06 actually helped with the fix, since the bug isn't listed on the release notes, but it can't hurt to have it since it comes with the Beach Bum pack and a bunch of other fixes

Hope that helps!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users