:lol:

LOL. His name and picture explain it all xD

Yeah!!

LaDispute
  • LaDispute

Los Santos, baby!

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 02:13 PM

The fact that you saw johnny at all, and so short, should be a sort of "future DLC OR GTA Online mission string" hint.

Plus, johnny is kind of a piece of sh*t anyway. If they never did anything else with him, I mean, he's not like Niko or Luis man, he's kind of a grimy dirtball piece of sh*t on purpose. He's a grime ball that niko meets, he's not like Niko the newcomer or Luis the protector/body guard. He's just a straight up grimeturd.

But I would definitely expect to see him

1: In GTA Online since it takes place "shortly before the events of GTA V" in its lore, and

2: A potential more time with him in a DLC that outlines things leading up to that moment, or perhaps that is all handled in GTA Online, as above. 

The reason why trevor fights the lost and kills them and always wakes up next to their dead bodies and killed Johnny in his opening scene - it has to be more.

But please, never in your life start some mass effect 3 ending sh*t around GTA, it's like, please don't, lol. :p

No he's dead, dead for good, he obviously got into drugs and became weak ash dragged him down and Trevor took advantage of him at that moment and killed him, thing i was shocked about was his personality was completely changed, he was dopey and sad :/, instead of well kept and badass, he even seemed skinnier.

AtomicPunk
  • AtomicPunk

I'm your huckleberry

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 02:25 PM

I think R* should've made Johnny give Trevor oral sex before Trevor curb-stomped him. That woulda been the best humiliation of all! It was still pretty cool either way. As far as Trevor killing Niko, I think Niko would've held his own and escaped. John Marston would PW3N all of them little girls, including Trevor.

• GTAfan4life12 likes this

bmarshall15
  • bmarshall15

Rat

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 02:27 PM

OP you really made a brotha laugh on this thread, LMAO, you wanna start a petition to change a cutscene in a video game...never have I heard of such an absurd aspiration. LOL.

• NADOLNY likes this

Big_Mitch_Baker
  • Big_Mitch_Baker

== Angels of Death - Founder

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 September 2013 - 02:31 PM

lmao, nobody's gonna change the game retroactively

The only reason the Lost are in the game at all is 'cause they thought players would enjoy the cameo...but it was f*ckin stupid, logically should have been the Angels of Death

FearTheLiving
  • FearTheLiving

Giovane D'onore

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 02:35 PM

Johnny died like a bitch to make Trevor look dangerous. They killed a character who has had his run for a character who is supposed to be the most dangerous and assholic GTA character ever. It makes sense to me. 

We understand that, we're just unhappy how a character we've come to like and understand has been taken out of character and totally changed just to try and fuel another characters edginess.

That's how I feel, but its done. I've just come to terms with it. Now I know R* doesn't care for their own characters so I'll stop caring as well. I'm completely fine with killing of previous protags, but to have Johnny make a 180 and die in a cutscene in my opinion was a disgrace and an insult to the character didn't help that they had him kill of Terry and Clay as well.  

get a life

Have one thanks. 

THUNDER-TRUMP
  • THUNDER-TRUMP

Black Country Crew - Sole Member

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 02:38 PM Edited by manntheftauto, 26 September 2013 - 02:38 PM.

I REALLY want to start a petition for this. As many of you know, in Trevor's introduction in GTA V, Johnny is brutally killed, with no respect or honor, in the slightest. A bottle is cracked over his head, and his face gets stomped, repeatedly, by Trevor. Trevor even went as far as scraping an actual piece of Johnny's brain off his shoe, poking fun at what he did, to Johnny's fellow members of the Lost. 

I don't know if Rockstar games just didn't care, or if they thought that because TBoGT sold more, that meant that everyone liked Luis better, or what, but Johnny's death was terrible, and completely uncalled for, and meaningless. They let him die on a damn cameo appearance. They wanted to incorporate The Lost, so they thought that meant a cameo appearance was necessary, but they took it too far. Johnny was an awesome character, and his story in TLaD really had meaning. Then, in an instant, they threw it all away, and even laughed at what they did.

Now I am not against a good character dying, and I don't believe in any character being invincible, but at least make it an honorable death, and make it have some sort of meaning for the story, or some impact on the plot, rather than it being a meaningless death, for an awesome character.

I want to petition a change, that Johnny does not die. I want to know what you guys think about actually doing it. I really want to, although I'm not completely sure whether or not Rockstar would do something, much less care at all, but I still want to try, because the choice of Johnny's death isn't justified in the least. Should I do it?

Im sure the death of Johnny is a very, very subtle message by Rockstar about the negative consequences of doing Meth. Turning even the most strongest people into weak minded fools.
Also its supposed to show how much of a crazy and epic character Trevor really is,

• DeafMetal likes this

Giles Flaggot 1
  • Giles Flaggot 1

Giles Flaggot 1

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 04:00 PM

Hello!

Although I don't agree or disagree with a petition, multi-million dollar companies like R* will never change a final product like that, the story is complete, whether we agree or hate it, nothing will change, it's part of the HD Universe now and Johnny is dead :(

I think R* aimed to shock us from the beginning and show us how psycho Trevor is.

We weren't even given the chance to kill him ourselves, that would've been wicked :(

I do agree with the lack of honor they gave him and I was disappointed how he was portrayed as a pathetic man looking for his crack-whore slut of a girlfriend from getting shagged from behind by half of Sandy Shores.

On the plus side, I'm happy that it wasn't Niko but it really sucks that our previous protag was murdered by a scum like Trevor.

Also, The Lost could have easily been replaced by The Angels Of Death, just a thought though.

NADOLNY
  • NADOLNY

Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 September 2013 - 04:19 PM

The guy was serious about the petition?

GET A LIFE!!!!!!!!!

CaptainBabyGravy
  • CaptainBabyGravy

I'll kill you, right in the face.

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 04:23 PM

I like that they killed him, it just goes to show these characters are nothing more than human. They aren't superheroes that can avoid death.

This, people need to stop whining like little girls.

GTAfan4life12
  • GTAfan4life12

Rat

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 04:31 PM

One of my favorite parts of the game. I hated Johnny and glad worse character in GTA history is dead.

slimjim420
  • slimjim420

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 04:32 PM

I REALLY want to start a petition for this. As many of you know, in Trevor's introduction in GTA V, Johnny is brutally killed, with no respect or honor, in the slightest. A bottle is cracked over his head, and his face gets stomped, repeatedly, by Trevor. Trevor even went as far as scraping an actual piece of Johnny's brain off his shoe, poking fun at what he did, to Johnny's fellow members of the Lost. 

I don't know if Rockstar games just didn't care, or if they thought that because TBoGT sold more, that meant that everyone liked Luis better, or what, but Johnny's death was terrible, and completely uncalled for, and meaningless. They let him die on a damn cameo appearance. They wanted to incorporate The Lost, so they thought that meant a cameo appearance was necessary, but they took it too far. Johnny was an awesome character, and his story in TLaD really had meaning. Then, in an instant, they threw it all away, and even laughed at what they did.

Now I am not against a good character dying, and I don't believe in any character being invincible, but at least make it an honorable death, and make it have some sort of meaning for the story, or some impact on the plot, rather than it being a meaningless death, for an awesome character.

I want to petition a change, that Johnny does not die. I want to know what you guys think about actually doing it. I really want to, although I'm not completely sure whether or not Rockstar would do something, much less care at all, but I still want to try, because the choice of Johnny's death isn't justified in the least. Should I do it?

HAHAHAHA ya make a petition.

Also The Godfather is kinda dark movie, write a petition about that.

Or The Wire uses Nigga too much, write a petition.

Or how about acting like an adult and draw your own conclusions as to why they did that...

It was brilliant, it said a billion things one quick scene.

slimjim420
  • slimjim420

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 04:33 PM

I like that they killed him, it just goes to show these characters are nothing more than human. They aren't superheroes that can avoid death.

This, people need to stop whining like little girls.

And it instantly shows how badass and crazy Trevor is.

Its brilliantly put together.

It also feeds into the people are worth less and less everyday.

Harold Blair
  • Harold Blair

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 04:34 PM

I really liked it, I was one the phone during the cutscene so it took me a while to realize it was Johnny but it showed the realism of GTA for me, it always surprises me how the protags don't simply get shot from behind, I mean I thought it was realistic enough because no-one person is immortal to a bottle to the head even if they did lead a motorbike gang. I did however think the lost MC where weaker than nuns piss  

geobst
  • geobst

Midnight Toker

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 26 September 2013 - 04:35 PM

Take drug use, drug effects and drug come-downs into consideration.

727gta
  • 727gta

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 September 2013 - 04:42 PM

People crying over the death of a video game character  :lol:

DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 04:42 PM

Johnny, or so I would think, is Rockstar's way of telling us what happens to people who live a violent, drug-infested life. You can go from a real badass to a pathetic meth addict who gets killed in the middle of nowhere by an ugly hillbilly who just finished f*cking your girlfriend.

QualityPies
  • QualityPies

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 04:52 PM

Johnny, or so I would think, is Rockstar's way of telling us what happens to people who live a violent, drug-infested life. You can go from a real badass to a pathetic meth addict who gets killed in the middle of nowhere by an ugly hillbilly who just finished f*cking your girlfriend.

Yeah, Rockstar don't owe any of their protags anything. It was interesting to see how the drugs had destroyed Johnny. The Johnny you knew died long before this scene.

Kingification
  • Kingification

Somebody told me - when I went to Nashville...

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 04:54 PM

Johnny was my favourite character in GTA IV. I love the fact that he got killed off by my favourite character in GTA V. Being stamped on by Trevor Phillips isn't such a bad way to go out, y'know.

Kyle_Voakes
  • Kyle_Voakes

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 04:56 PM

What I think is an interesting thought is that Johnny could have been anyone else. Could have been a random member of Lost. Hell, it could have been CJ and his gang, but that would be too much, would it?

SledgeHammer87
  • SledgeHammer87

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 04:57 PM

f UCK johnny, he was scum and a asshole like anyone else in the lost mc, i was glad he died

Edward-Is-A-Flunky45
  • Edward-Is-A-Flunky45

Frazy as Cruck

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 04:59 PM

Johnny is a drug addict asshole with no relevance to GTA V. Trevor is an ex soldier. Johnny ? Nothing. Johnny would suck his dick to say sorry to Trevor. 

ruud.
  • ruud.

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 05:03 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

You're pathetic.

I vouch for a petition against this petition.

ColdHearted
  • ColdHearted

Nascar isn't a sport

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 September 2013 - 05:05 PM

f*ck Johnny, Johnny got owned, HARD ahahaha Johnny go bye bye, Johnny gone now John dead, John no come back, him die by way of Trevor, Trevor no play game, Trevor kill with foot and eat brain, Trevor modern caveman without club, Trevor eat human stew, Trevor no care bout naffink, Trevor is da best.

TREVORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

ONEkingscar
  • ONEkingscar

The stealth toker

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 05:07 PM

I don't care what anyone thinks in this forum about Johnny's death but the FACT is that the way he was killed is a slap in the face to anyone who enjoyed TLaD.

ColdHearted
  • ColdHearted

Nascar isn't a sport

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 September 2013 - 05:10 PM

I don't care what anyone thinks in this forum about Johnny's death but the FACT is that the way he was killed is a slap in the face to anyone who enjoyed TLaD.

Awwwwwwwwwww Coochie coo, coochie coo, poor baby sad about Johnny's brains decorating uncle Trevor's shoes ? awwwwwww.

Drwho94
  • Drwho94

Time Disruption

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 05:13 PM

Oh please get over it. 

It was fun watching him get killed like a bitch. Let me guess you are someone that likes Harley Davidson, bikers, gangs and "Metal"

DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 05:21 PM

I enjoyed TLaD. I thought the story was better than core IV and TBoGT. Yet I don't feel his death was a slap in the face. Guess it's not much of a fact, huh?

ivarblaauw
  • ivarblaauw

Night Light OutlawS MC President

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 26 September 2013 - 05:25 PM

you are standing for exactly what they hoped to achieve: Horror and unbelief under the players. As a result: more players are playing the game etc. :)

lannydee
  • lannydee

Prankster

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 05:30 PM

Man i LOVED that part. it really got me on edge. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users