• This topic is locked This topic is locked
211 replies to this topic
Marabunta Grande
  • Marabunta Grande

Azul y Blanco

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 25 September 2013 - 11:31 PM

GSF and San Andreas street gangs were overrated simply because people could relate to them the most (street thugs, barely any education you know ;))

I see what you did there. Yeah, not all thugs are uneducated, but most idiots here are. :D

Marabunta Grande
  • Marabunta Grande

Azul y Blanco

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 25 September 2013 - 11:36 PM

IIRC, Johnny BROKE scores of AOD heads. I mean, those AOD members' death were much brutal than Johnny's.

Those AOD members got their faces popped by shotgun rounds whilst Johnny's head broke as well, but BARELY popped.

He really had it coming. Scores of broken heads for his.

soldat89
  • soldat89

Prankster

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 11:36 PM

i agree i liked johnny alot and to see him turn into such a bitch in GTAV made me feel uneasy

at the end of TLaD you had a sense that he was trying to better himself and avoid ppl lke Ashley especially after the whole incident with the former leader of the lost

Utopian Cynicism
  • Utopian Cynicism

Previously Known as: Telektoniks

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 11:40 PM

Pfft, good riddance. 

Marabunta Grande
  • Marabunta Grande

Azul y Blanco

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 25 September 2013 - 11:42 PM

live a horrible life?

or die a horrible death..

FearTheLiving
  • FearTheLiving

Giovane D'onore

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 11:48 PM

Johnny died like a bitch to make Trevor look dangerous. They killed a character who has had his run for a character who is supposed to be the most dangerous and assholic GTA character ever. It makes sense to me. 

We understand that, we're just unhappy how a character we've come to like and understand has been taken out of character and totally changed just to try and fuel another characters edginess.

That's how I feel, but its done. I've just come to terms with it. Now I know R* doesn't care for their own characters so I'll stop caring as well. I'm completely fine with killing of previous protags, but to have Johnny make a 180 and die in a cutscene in my opinion was a disgrace and an insult to the character didn't help that they had him kill of Terry and Clay as well.  

MagzGTA
  • MagzGTA

The 1975-Tones

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 11:53 PM

I think the fact you are so shocked/disappointed a Johnny's death shows you exactly why Rockstar did it. It shows how easy it is to have life taken, and a shocking non heroic death is a lot more potent than an extraordinary one. It was ballsy storytelling by Rockstar but my god did it create the effect it intended.

Smallo92
  • Smallo92

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 11:54 PM

Johnny was a dick anyway. Who cares.

Hazencoke
  • Hazencoke

Homeboy

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 September 2013 - 12:02 AM

I took this for you, OP.
4GKr7QD.png

I never got to look back at the body since I was pissed, nice detail from rockstar with the head smashed open

Wannabe in LS
  • Wannabe in LS

Trick

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 12:44 AM

The more I read of this topic, the more I appreciate the death. Ironically, Rockstar made it so he didn't die a martyr to his club, although this thread has allowed him to achieve it.

At the end of the day, he had nothing but his love for a fellow addict and Trevor was taking that from him. Trevor clearly likes to be dominant, so a weedy meth head with nothing more than a jacket to show for his past was just an annoying little fly, squashed under a boot.

FearTheLiving
  • FearTheLiving

Giovane D'onore

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 12:54 AM

Johnny was a dick anyway. Who cares.

Obviously the people who are upset about it.

M'aiq the Liar
  • M'aiq the Liar

Skooma Addict

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 01:01 AM

Johnny k Lost but not Forgotten.I didn't like seeing my favorite IV char die such a pathetic death either but what's done is done.

This isn't Mass Effect 3 not enough people are raging about it for Rockstar to give a damn. Not that many people were big on Johnny. I personally liked him. It sucks but nothing can be done.

GuantanamoObama
  • GuantanamoObama

That is to say, Cunnilingus

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 September 2013 - 01:14 AM

While I like Johnny immensely, something like this is irreversible.

Sordidjaws
  • Sordidjaws

Heist Planner

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 26 September 2013 - 01:16 AM

I never liked Johnny, his story bored me. 

nekkidhillbilly
  • nekkidhillbilly

gta vigi game

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 01:17 AM

well you gotta f*ck somebody everybody does

Krayzee
  • Krayzee

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 01:18 AM

Should I do it?

no you really shouldn't

killahmatic
  • killahmatic

JB

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 September 2013 - 01:19 AM

Johnny is brutally killed, with no respect or honor, in the slightest. Johnny's death was terrible, and completely uncalled for, and meaningless. 

I liked it. Its a great reminder that all these characters are nothing but cold hard criminals, murderers, thieves, and psychopaths. I think it was brilliant for R* to kill him off without any sort of big story or lead up to it. Johnny just happened to be one of hundreds of people that Trevor has pointlessly killed, the same way every protag has killed hundreds of people.

Celtics
  • Celtics

Montreality.

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 01:29 AM

Killing Johnny no problem... But the way he died? :lol: I mean, this guy used a f*cking rocket launcher to get inside a federal prison with no mask on to kill a president of a violent motorcycle club but he's dying while crying in front of Trevor...

F*UCKING RIGHT! :r*:

nekkidhillbilly
  • nekkidhillbilly

gta vigi game

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 01:35 AM

well its not like he knew trevor was going to kill him i dont even think trevor knew he killed him till he would get up and fight no more. johnny had to much emotion. he was a bitch. he died like one too. trevors emotion is basically f*ck you and humor  and thats it.

Solidus X
  • Solidus X

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 01:37 AM

Rockstar isn't EA, so I don't think your petition will accomplish anything.

nekkidhillbilly
  • nekkidhillbilly

gta vigi game

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 01:39 AM

made him look like a dumbass...........is an accomplishment

skittlez86
  • skittlez86

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 01:47 AM

he just  respawned at the hospital 

NADOLNY
  • NADOLNY

Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 September 2013 - 01:43 PM Edited by nadolny, 26 September 2013 - 01:45 PM.

I took this for you, OP.
4GKr7QD.png

LOL

bRGw1jw.png
lol

LOL

This thread is the most pathetic thing i;ve ever seen on the internet.

You must have missed the guy who started a thread demanding an apology because it turned out he was right about something in another thread weeks earlier.

can you send me the thread so I can LOL so more?

edit: nevermind, just found it

http://gtaforums.com...ogy/?hl=apology

LOLOLOLOL

:lol:

Krayzee
  • Krayzee

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 01:56 PM

Johnny died like a bitch to make Trevor look dangerous. They killed a character who has had his run for a character who is supposed to be the most dangerous and assholic GTA character ever. It makes sense to me. 

We understand that, we're just unhappy how a character we've come to like and understand has been taken out of character and totally changed just to try and fuel another characters edginess.

That's how I feel, but its done. I've just come to terms with it. Now I know R* doesn't care for their own characters so I'll stop caring as well. I'm completely fine with killing of previous protags, but to have Johnny make a 180 and die in a cutscene in my opinion was a disgrace and an insult to the character didn't help that they had him kill of Terry and Clay as well.  

get a life

poklane
  • poklane

So now what?

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 26 September 2013 - 02:00 PM

edit: nevermind, just found it

http://gtaforums.com...ogy/?hl=apology

LOLOLOLOL

:lol:

LOL. His name and picture explain it all xD

calearne
  • calearne

GTAO is a complete abomination compared to GTA IV multiplayer.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 September 2013 - 02:01 PM

Whats done is done.

Lock N' Stock
  • Lock N' Stock

U WOT M8

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 26 September 2013 - 02:02 PM Edited by Gst0395, 26 September 2013 - 02:02 PM.

I'll just say this.

It's never going to happen, Johnny's already been established as being killed off in GTA V's story. Best to just move on and accept it.

Canoxa
  • Canoxa

Woosh.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 26 September 2013 - 02:07 PM

May Johnny's death serve the purpose of educating you. Don't do meth, kids, it'll turn you into a puss.

dyz
  • dyz

GTA For Life!!

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 September 2013 - 02:07 PM

it's funny how Trevor is one of the best protagonists in any GTA game, and him killing Johnny show's how badass trevor really is. I Love trevor. :D

• joshua969 likes this

TakinThyBacon
  • TakinThyBacon

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 02:08 PM

I REALLY want to start a petition for this. As many of you know, in Trevor's introduction in GTA V, Johnny is brutally killed, with no respect or honor, in the slightest. A bottle is cracked over his head, and his face gets stomped, repeatedly, by Trevor. Trevor even went as far as scraping an actual piece of Johnny's brain off his shoe, poking fun at what he did, to Johnny's fellow members of the Lost. 

I don't know if Rockstar games just didn't care, or if they thought that because TBoGT sold more, that meant that everyone liked Luis better, or what, but Johnny's death was terrible, and completely uncalled for, and meaningless. They let him die on a damn cameo appearance. They wanted to incorporate The Lost, so they thought that meant a cameo appearance was necessary, but they took it too far. Johnny was an awesome character, and his story in TLaD really had meaning. Then, in an instant, they threw it all away, and even laughed at what they did.

Now I am not against a good character dying, and I don't believe in any character being invincible, but at least make it an honorable death, and make it have some sort of meaning for the story, or some impact on the plot, rather than it being a meaningless death, for an awesome character.

I want to petition a change, that Johnny does not die. I want to know what you guys think about actually doing it. I really want to, although I'm not completely sure whether or not Rockstar would do something, much less care at all, but I still want to try, because the choice of Johnny's death isn't justified in the least. Should I do it?

Its a game guy, get over it and move on. I do think its kind of ironic that Johnny survives hoards of gunfire in Liberty City and he gets killed by a lowly meth manufacturer with putting up virtually no fight, but that what Rockstar gave us, cant change it now.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users