Photo

Petition regarding Johnny (SPOILERS)

203 replies to this topic
woggleman
  • woggleman

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 06:40 PM

Johnny should have stayed away from Ashley. That is what he gets for trying to be a white knight.

poklane
  • poklane

So now what?

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 25 September 2013 - 06:41 PM

Sorry, but this isn't the Mass Effect forums... They'll change a story for a petition, R* doesn't care.

Ghost-Unit
  • Ghost-Unit

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 06:43 PM Edited by Ghost-Unit, 25 September 2013 - 06:45 PM.

GSF and San Andreas street gangs were overrated simply because people could relate to them the most (street thugs, barely any education you know ;))

Grove Streets gone, Ballas took over.

Nottin' you can do about that. Go play GTASA and do turf wars and sh*t

The GSF characters were some of the most interesting ever offered up by the series. The story is tragic and at the end of the day Sweet runs GSF based on a code of honor that neither the Vagos nor the Ballas had.

GTA-Addicted
  • GTA-Addicted

And as finishing touch... ...God created the Dutch

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 25 September 2013 - 06:50 PM

At least he died with honour within the game, not some stupid universe sh!t or being forget and forgotten

Cyper
  • Cyper

Liberty City Lover Since 2001

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 September 2013 - 06:54 PM Edited by Cyper, 25 September 2013 - 06:55 PM.

Johnny is dead. He wont be coming back. It's that simple. There isn't really much to discuss regarding that. Nothing will change.

An  honorable death?

Sounds way to cheesy in my opinion. Deaths among gangsters are rarely ''honorable'' but violent and horrible. Johnny started to do drugs then he challanged a maniac and ended up dead. That's also how it is in the criminal world.

Something that is worth to point out is that Johnny isn't some sort of innocent child. He's a brutal murderer. Like every other GTA character he had it coming.

If you're in the game you gotta play by the rules.

Mechanized
  • Mechanized

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 06:55 PM Edited by Mechanized, 25 September 2013 - 06:57 PM.

I get that they wanted to show Trevor as a real badass and bordering on 'One man army' territory (i.e. Rambo), but Johnny deserved to go out with a tad more dignity and honour than that. I would've set it up so Johnny wound up at the trailer park after a 'shortened' confrontation scene and be taken out there after maybe sending in Clay and Terry to try to beat down Trevor (had they been there with him) , but I guess R* took the meth addiction storyline and used it as a weakness to get Johnny capped quicker to build up Trevor as a tough guy.

I wouldn't go as far as trying to change what's already established, it's no deal-breaker for me, I just hated seeing one of my favourite characters taken out like such a bitch.

TiddleyWinker
  • TiddleyWinker

Trick

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 06:57 PM

f*ck that.

Lock this thread.

NADOLNY
  • NADOLNY

Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 September 2013 - 06:57 PM

some people are pissed off here too:

http://gtaforums.com...gta-v-spoilers/

JonnJonnz
  • JonnJonnz

Rat

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:00 PM

It just shows that R* has the balls to do whatever they want with they characters. Pretty much like G.R.R Martin or Robert Kirkman that kill main characters without any remorse.

Matta G
  • Matta G

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:03 PM

First, you are not looking at this objectively.  Because you liked this particular character, you think it should be changed, or never have happened at all.

Second, why is it that R* must be enamored with their own protagonists, especially criminal protagonists.  Why is it that another R* character or protag cannot be enemies (sometimes mortal) of other protags?

Third, OP throws around words like "respect" and "honor".  Sorry, this is a load of garbage.  Criminals, especially those in organized crime like the mafia and biker gangs, have a TWISTED sense of honor, courage, etc. but it is based on might being right, who has the most "juice", guns, and thugs at their disposal, not an actual honorable or respectful attitude towards others. 

Live by the sword, die by the sword.  Johnny was a killer, thief, and thug.  He died a violent death at the hands of a sociopath, one much like himself. 

Honestly I think it was rather brave of R*, taking a character that many GTA fans played, and had him die at the hands of an even bigger psycho like Trevor.  After all, if everything R* did was geared towards pleasing people, their games would most likely be boring and vanilla.

Jimmy Darmody
  • Jimmy Darmody

Don

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:04 PM Edited by Jimmy Darmody, 25 September 2013 - 07:05 PM.

lol, who cares? Was Trevor supposed to ask for forgiveness and give him a lethal shot out of respect? 

I'm sorry but GTA V has way bigger problems than that sh*t. A petitions because of a character... lol!Judging by this thread, If it was CJ all the fanboys fa**ots would riot on the street...

III H1TMaN III
  • III H1TMaN III

The Silent Assassin

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:05 PM

You can't really change a game (especially a large chunk of it) now. It is already released (obviously) and I doubt a patch could do anything. Not to mention that they would have to rework missions...redo the scripting...etc etc.

They could bring Johhny back as a zombie.. Heheh..

I didn't like Johnny anyway. I didn't have the Lost and the damned DLC, but whenever I saw him in in Nico's story, or Luis's story I couldn't stand him. He always acted like he was the sh*t.. Lame ass piece of garbage. Trevor showed him good! 

elephant punch
  • elephant punch

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:06 PM Edited by elephant punch, 25 September 2013 - 07:07 PM.

That's what happens when you become a meth head kids... Be cool, stay in school. 

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

♢ Corverra ♢

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:10 PM

I kind of lost respect for Trevor after this.
Spoiler
. It was kind of retarded. I wish he would've just stomped on him and knocked him out, not kill him. :(

Luis was a piece of sh*t, his character was lacking. Johnny was a stronger and more interesting character. Oh well, for me, in the end it is
Spoiler

AaronWatermelon
  • AaronWatermelon

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:12 PM

Rockstar wanted Johnny to die, and that's final. 

They created the game, it is their piece of art. We are just here for the ride. 

Or you know, go ahead and start your petition that will change absolutely nothing.

Macabro
  • Macabro

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:17 PM

I doubt you'll get anything.

I liked JK and hated that scene. It didnt make Trevor look like anything badass for killing what had become a bitch junkie, IMO, but it is what it is. They aint changing it.

Trevor is nothing  but a Heath Ledger's Joker ripoff put in the game to impress the younger players who think anything "crazy" is kewl.

ScorpDaMonk
  • ScorpDaMonk

Astral Projection

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:20 PM

I was mad about what Trevor did to Johnny as well, but I got my revenge...

GTA-Addicted
  • GTA-Addicted

And as finishing touch... ...God created the Dutch

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:21 PM

An  honorable death?

You're missing the point...

What I meant was: At least we saw how Johnny came to his end, a lot of old Protag's would be jealous about the way we said goodbye to Johnny.

He went with a bang, other GTA Protag's most of the time just vanish in thin air, like it never happened and they didn't exist.

Lukijs
  • Lukijs

Badump

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:23 PM

Lol ,get over it. It's Los Santos ,and Lost MC is nothing more than a shadow of former selves. They're nothing there and Johnny served as nice stepping stone for the strong introduction of Trevor.

dibula
  • dibula

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:26 PM Edited by dibula, 25 September 2013 - 07:27 PM.

I can't support this petition, because it's an ignorant approach . This is deep story arc, and it has little to nothing to do with disrespect. Yeah, it was brutal. It symbolizes how nobody is immune to falling victim towards their demons. Johnny lost his best friend and half of his crew in TLAD. He became depressed. Fell in with his ex girlfriend and a bad drug habit. Even in side dialogue while flying airplanes, Ron warned Trevor that Johnny used to be someone great. He was a shell of his former self. They honored Johnny in GTA5 by saying he used to be the real deal in Alderny. You don't have to like it, but Johnny's life was inconsequential in GTA5. His death, however, was crucial to the story. 

For those who have beat the storyline, they should know that a major point of the game was learning from past mistakes, and how they should apply to your future. Survival was another. 

Michael's past with Trevor and Brad are one point of evidence. Michael warned Franklin that one day, he would understand how these decisions work. Unfortunately, Johnny's relapse into drugs is another key point. Despite his brief appearance in the game, Johnny was actually a very important character.

You can betray those you love or the values you've always honored, but the reality of things is that death is rarely a glorious ending. Johnny went against his values and became an addict. He suffered for it. Michael went against his friends in his past. He suffers for it. The big "choice" Franklin makes is a test for the player to see what they gathered from the story and how they use it to make things "right".. 

Thecrazypolak
  • Thecrazypolak

Future Nobody

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:28 PM

how old are you ? geez seriously who gives a f*ck ? 

Wheatley
  • Wheatley

I'm living in High Pressure Days.

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:28 PM

I think Rockstar did it to get this very reaction and to prove how "out of bounds" Trevor is. He's a sociopath with a complete disregard to everything and everyone around him and by killing off a previous protagonist shows just how far he'll go.

Spoiler

TheKrigeron
  • TheKrigeron

Prankster

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:31 PM

That's the point of that part, and I see it's doing it's effect

GTAOnlineVideos
  • GTAOnlineVideos

Rat

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:34 PM Edited by GTAOnlineVideos, 25 September 2013 - 07:36 PM.

Petitions are useless.  Clearly, you need to go to Edinburgh and stand outside Rockstar North until they make the change.

Or you could stalk the Housers, of course.  That will definitely work.

Alec Skorpio
  • Alec Skorpio

Bitcher and Moaner

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:34 PM

I feel like the people "upset" over this didn't pay any f*cking attention to The Lost and Damned.

Johnny was broken by the end of TLAD.  He had nothing to live for at all. 

You basically want Johnny to live just so he can live a horrible life?

AdiosAmigos
  • AdiosAmigos

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:36 PM

RIP Johnny :(

Grand Theft Savage
  • Grand Theft Savage

'Bout that life

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:38 PM

I feel like the people "upset" over this didn't pay any f*cking attention to The Lost and Damned.

Johnny was broken by the end of TLAD.  He had nothing to live for at all. 

You basically want Johnny to live just so he can live a horrible life?

Good point. I just think the problem everyone has is that they connected to Johnny. To see him go out like some loser pedestrian made them pissed. I personally liked it. It's not like he could have much more involvement in the series.

SidSid
  • SidSid

Chairman of Juank Air

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:44 PM

is the OP actually losing sleep over a dead video game character?  :/

Nigerian Keith
  • Nigerian Keith

Rat

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:49 PM

This thread is the most pathetic thing i;ve ever seen on the internet.

The_Regulator
  • The_Regulator

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:51 PM Edited by GrungeRockCity, 25 September 2013 - 07:55 PM.

In lieu with Ziggy's post (and apparently some others I've missed pre-edit), they could have continued with Johnny's character in some capacity. Yes. But me, personally, as a fellow fan of Johnny, I'm satisfied. He had his 15 minutes, and the way they ended his arc was fitting for the life that he led, and the choices that he made. Regardless of all that, however, at the end of the day, the fact is that this is GTA V. Not TLaD 2. The main focus is Michael, Trevor and Franklin. Not Johnny, not The Lost, and certainly not any other aspect of IV or its episodes. And creating a petition to subvert the game's contents when it's already finalized, and in the hands of millions, is like putting a hit on a dead man. It doesn't take a genius to determine that *DING!* The guy's already dead! It's pointless!

Put up that petition, and you, OP, are a bonefide idiot. This is not to be taken as a flame or an insult, either. I'm just stating the facts.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users