Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Sax & Violins

• The Connection
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 25 September 2013 - 01:49 PM

Sorry  OP but I first thought this topic was a good troll topic but now I think you are serious, lol.

Rockstar gave me what I asked for. I actually posted a year or two ago how I'd like to see a protag we played as previously, killed. (I was hoping to kill Niko or something) It happened and it was great because we are playing the game through Tevors eyes and so the death was over and done with. No bells, no whistles - just another victim in the GTA world. 

• EvilFuture likes this

Lagful
  • Lagful

Certified Fresh

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 02:07 PM

A petition to change the story of the game. Yeeaaaa that's definitely going to work. It's just a pixilated character. Get over it.

brian.
  • brian.

Possible Descendant Of Kraff

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 September 2013 - 02:09 PM Edited by brian., 25 September 2013 - 02:09 PM.

Look, I'll try and explain it in the best way I can.

Johnny, at the start of V is a broken man living the same cycle he has done for years. He's always been wrapped around Ashley's finger, and when TLaD finished, we'd known that The Lost was on the way out. As for Johnny, he's on the meth when you meet him in GTA V, and Trevor has no sympathy for meth-heads. 

Johnny was killed for three reasons.

1. To show the ferociousness of Trevor and how powerfully psychotic the man truly was. We were forcefully shown that Trevor was a much stronger adversary as opposed to our previous protagonist.

2. Rockstar's subtle way of cutting its ties from GTA IV which many people didn't like. It was kind of Rockstar's farewell to Liberty City and GTA IV.

3rd (and finally) Johnny was killed off purely because his story had been done. They coudn't go any further with him as a character. Well, okay, that's pushing it. He could have redeemed himself, kicked the meth-habit and sorted his crew out, but this is GTA, and there's no mercy for the weak. His story was finished in TLaD and it was a much more powerful incentive in GTA V for the audience to see a character they loved dying. It was powerful. It must have been for you to want to kick up the petition.

But don't do it, man. It's done. Accept the chain of events as it is. You'll always have TLaD and IV if you ever want to see him again.

There is sure to be DLC with him and showing how they got to LS and why they are there and stuff - it's like, it wouldn't just be that little one off spot, right?

If not DLC, then since V takes place "after" the events of GTA Online, then you can see him (and anyone else that died) in GTA Online perhaps.

InfernoV
  • InfernoV

Dont you just hate keyboard warriors!

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 02:11 PM

Thats what happens when you f*ck with trevor

DeadZombie
  • DeadZombie

Sons Of Ditka - Leader

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 02:11 PM Edited by DeadZombie, 25 September 2013 - 02:12 PM.

Guys i just checked out GTA 4. Hes still there. 

WERE GOOD.

• archiebunker and Broken Condom Kid like this

<Yang3
  • <Yang3

☆☆☆☆☆

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 25 September 2013 - 02:50 PM

Soldiers fight for our respective countries.

One bullet in their clips could change history.

Now, if they die UNRECOGNIZED, it doesn't even matter to them as long as they contributed something to their country.

Now, do MILLIONS of soldiers need a monument? Do they need tributes? Do they need to get revived? Do they need to stay alive in history?

I don't even think KINGS deserve to be known through time, unless their GOD.

EVERYBODY dies, dude!

You could even be the best actor and then suddenly, you die out of over-laughing.

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 02:54 PM

I REALLY want to start a petition for this. As many of you know, in Trevor's introduction in GTA V, Johnny is brutally killed, with no respect or honor, in the slightest. A bottle is cracked over his head, and his face gets stomped, repeatedly, by Trevor. Trevor even went as far as scraping an actual piece of Johnny's brain off his shoe, poking fun at what he did, to Johnny's fellow members of the Lost. 

I don't know if Rockstar games just didn't care, or if they thought that because TBoGT sold more, that meant that everyone liked Luis better, or what, but Johnny's death was terrible, and completely uncalled for, and meaningless. They let him die on a damn cameo appearance. They wanted to incorporate The Lost, so they thought that meant a cameo appearance was necessary, but they took it too far. Johnny was an awesome character, and his story in TLaD really had meaning. Then, in an instant, they threw it all away, and even laughed at what they did.

Now I am not against a good character dying, and I don't believe in any character being invincible, but at least make it an honorable death, and make it have some sort of meaning for the story, or some impact on the plot, rather than it being a meaningless death, for an awesome character.

I want to petition a change, that Johnny does not die. I want to know what you guys think about actually doing it. I really want to, although I'm not completely sure whether or not Rockstar would do something, much less care at all, but I still want to try, because the choice of Johnny's death isn't justified in the least. Should I do it?

This post is the biggest sack of sh*t on these forums.

mattymcs
  • mattymcs

For sho'

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 02:57 PM

Look, I'll try and explain it in the best way I can.

Johnny, at the start of V is a broken man living the same cycle he has done for years. He's always been wrapped around Ashley's finger, and when TLaD finished, we'd known that The Lost was on the way out. As for Johnny, he's on the meth when you meet him in GTA V, and Trevor has no sympathy for meth-heads. 

Johnny was killed for three reasons.

1. To show the ferociousness of Trevor and how powerfully psychotic the man truly was. We were forcefully shown that Trevor was a much stronger adversary as opposed to our previous protagonist.

2. Rockstar's subtle way of cutting its ties from GTA IV which many people didn't like. It was kind of Rockstar's farewell to Liberty City and GTA IV.

3rd (and finally) Johnny was killed off purely because his story had been done. They coudn't go any further with him as a character. Well, okay, that's pushing it. He could have redeemed himself, kicked the meth-habit and sorted his crew out, but this is GTA, and there's no mercy for the weak. His story was finished in TLaD and it was a much more powerful incentive in GTA V for the audience to see a character they loved dying. It was powerful. It must have been for you to want to kick up the petition.

But don't do it, man. It's done. Accept the chain of events as it is. You'll always have TLaD and IV if you ever want to see him again.

I think theres actually a reasonably high chance that you will see him in Online. Its set before V, so anyone that is killed in V could potentially show up. Simeon will definitely be there considering the blueprint map.

AllenKS
  • AllenKS

SoLoville

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 03:01 PM

I think theres actually a reasonably high chance that you will see him in Online. Its set before V, so anyone that is killed in V could potentially show up. Simeon will definitely be there considering the blueprint map.

Simeon didn't die, but ok.

FutoDriver
  • FutoDriver

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 September 2013 - 03:02 PM

How can you give a pathetic meth head an honorable death? Johnny knew Ashley would be the end of him, but still ran back to her after all was said and done. He ended up on a spiral to rock bottom he chose to walk round like a zombie on that path.

Ashley killed Johnny's heart and soul and she'll just go to the next guy with the goods. Trevor finished off her damage and crushed an empty vessel at that point.

mattymcs
  • mattymcs

For sho'

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 03:09 PM

Simeon didn't die, but ok.

Yeah but he's out of the story from early on. Online you can sell cars to him, looking at the blueprint map. My point is that he's a bigeger character in online then he is in V, and I suspect Jonny will be too.

Maggot899
  • Maggot899

Golf Wang

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 03:10 PM

Honestly, I hated Johnny as a character because Rockstar sort of made me hate him. They had him all over the place for me to think of him as a stable, likable character. "Guys we need to calm down on this biker gang bullsh*t...'LET'S GO KILL THOSE DEADBEATS!!...We don't need a war with the AoD we can't do it...Hey Jim let's go f*ck with the AoD and kill tons of them because you're my friend...We need to stop all this killing and get our lives together...nothing like selling some dope to let you know you're alive(Kills a bunch of cops)...we aren't being smart Billy, it's not like we are a violent biker gang that established itself in this city, we need to stick together and survive...kills a sh*t ton of members of the gang that HE is president of. I can go on about it, but I thought it was a great decision because Johnny was a piece of sh*t. Cut all his ties with Ashley at the end of TLaD and five years later is back on meth and still with her? Johnny was his own downfall, and picking a fight with Trevor was his last mistake. Yeah they sort of did him wrong, but it was because he was once a protagonist that made everyone so mad. No he wasn't this awesome badass that everyone thinks he is, he was a man that knew only he could change his life and still did f*ck all to change it. Rage/Rant over.

• meyersry likes this

DeadZombie
  • DeadZombie

Sons Of Ditka - Leader

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 03:10 PM

Why is this on news?

Mr. Rocko
  • Mr. Rocko

Beep.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 September 2013 - 03:18 PM

What do you expect? He became a meth head. Lesson learned: Don't take drugs, kids lol.

brian.
  • brian.

Possible Descendant Of Kraff

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 September 2013 - 03:20 PM

Wow, the amount of people on this forum stealing what other people just said is just, just silly.

mattymcs
  • mattymcs

For sho'

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 03:31 PM Edited by mattymcs, 25 September 2013 - 03:33 PM.

Wow, the amount of people on this forum stealing what other people just said is just, just silly.

What?

EDIT - I hadnt even seen your post.

C4RR4NZ4
  • C4RR4NZ4

Peerless

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 03:36 PM

In GTA Vice City a character from a previous GTA dies a dishonorable death straight from the beginning too.

mattymcs
  • mattymcs

For sho'

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 03:40 PM

In GTA Vice City a character from a previous GTA dies a dishonorable death straight from the beginning too.

Not quite. A character from a future GTA died a dishonorable death.

AtomicPunk
  • AtomicPunk

I'm your huckleberry

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 03:40 PM

A petition? hahaha lol

Johnny was a little whiny girl who came before a real man and got put in his place, just like in real life, little Johnny got curb-stomped the f*ck out. AND Trevor stretched his girlfriend out!! haha 

Johnny is easily the most boring, lame, unforgettable protag of the GTA series. Correct me if I'm wrong, but a few polls here even prove this. Johhny's gone forever. Bow before Trevor, your new lord, or run for your life!! Bwhahaha

• Cavintine likes this

The Hylander
  • The Hylander

That Guy

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 03:41 PM

I REALLY want to start a petition for this. As many of you know, in Trevor's introduction in GTA V, Johnny is brutally killed, with no respect or honor, in the slightest. A bottle is cracked over his head, and his face gets stomped, repeatedly, by Trevor. Trevor even went as far as scraping an actual piece of Johnny's brain off his shoe, poking fun at what he did, to Johnny's fellow members of the Lost. 

I don't know if Rockstar games just didn't care, or if they thought that because TBoGT sold more, that meant that everyone liked Luis better, or what, but Johnny's death was terrible, and completely uncalled for, and meaningless. They let him die on a damn cameo appearance. They wanted to incorporate The Lost, so they thought that meant a cameo appearance was necessary, but they took it too far. Johnny was an awesome character, and his story in TLaD really had meaning. Then, in an instant, they threw it all away, and even laughed at what they did.

Now I am not against a good character dying, and I don't believe in any character being invincible, but at least make it an honorable death, and make it have some sort of meaning for the story, or some impact on the plot, rather than it being a meaningless death, for an awesome character.

I want to petition a change, that Johnny does not die. I want to know what you guys think about actually doing it. I really want to, although I'm not completely sure whether or not Rockstar would do something, much less care at all, but I still want to try, because the choice of Johnny's death isn't justified in the least. Should I do it?

I enjoyed TLAD they could of implemented The Lost a lot better but in the end Trevor is still a friggen awesome character. 

Wannabe in LS
  • Wannabe in LS

Trick

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 03:48 PM

He succumbed to drugs and became a weedy waste of space who had tried to continue being a bad guy but didn't have the energy to do it. I'm glad he went like that, meth is hardly a glamour drug.

T0X1C
  • T0X1C

Shorter of breath and one day closer to death.

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 25 September 2013 - 03:54 PM

Are you f*cking kidding me?

1. The game has been out for a week, many people have already finished the story, the story is not changing. Johnny is dead, no petition is bringing him back, get over it. It was part of the story that he went soft and got humiliated and destroyed by Trevor.

2. You do realise that 98% of people here don't care about and won't sign your petition right? You really think that Rockstar are even going to take notice?

Give me a break...

"Johnny's dead! Clay's dead! Terry's dead!"

Nathaaann
  • Nathaaann

Playa

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 03:59 PM

I'm more worried about the fate of the Grove Street Families.

GSF and San Andreas street gangs were overrated simply because people could relate to them the most (street thugs, barely any education you know ;))

Grove Streets gone, Ballas took over.

Nottin' you can do about that. Go play GTASA and do turf wars and sh*t

• NADOLNY likes this

NADOLNY
  • NADOLNY

Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 September 2013 - 05:30 PM Edited by nadolny, 25 September 2013 - 05:31 PM.

How can you give a pathetic meth head an honorable death? Johnny knew Ashley would be the end of him, but still ran back to her after all was said and done. He ended up on a spiral to rock bottom he chose to walk round like a zombie on that path.

Ashley killed Johnny's heart and soul and she'll just go to the next guy with the goods. Trevor finished off her damage and crushed an empty vessel at that point.

I agree with futo driver

I never liked that johnny

btw grove street family is gone, they were soft, so ballas took control

WitchHunter Neo
  • WitchHunter Neo

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 05:38 PM Edited by WitchHunter Neo, 25 September 2013 - 05:39 PM.

I think Rockstar knew exactly what they were doing here. There is a dog eat dog theme that runs throughout the entire game.

In this case Trevor was the bigger fish. I believe his actions were intended to shock fans of the last game. Nothing makes a bolder statement than killing off a protagonist so brutally.

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

32nd President of Los Santos

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 05:40 PM

Trevor is a psycho, Johnny is a tiny little pussy compared to him. That's how THIS story works. Johnny was just another wannabe bike ganger who thought he was a bad ass. He got killed instantly in V LOL. You are a retard for thinking of a petition over this. LMAO. Freaks like you shouldn't even play games.

• AtomicPunk likes this

GamerToons
  • GamerToons

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 05:45 PM

Why is this in the News category?

Chekoloco
  • Chekoloco

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 05:58 PM

LOL!! Johnny deserves to die!

Grand Theft Savage
  • Grand Theft Savage

'Bout that life

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 September 2013 - 06:01 PM

After that, Trevor instantly became my favorite GTA protagonist. Johnny was my favorite but Trevor bodied his ass like he was nothing.

I wish they had Franklin kill Luis instead through. I really wouldn't stand for Michael killing Niko...

Arabjew
  • Arabjew

Rat

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 06:35 PM

He's dead, get over it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users