Photo

Petition regarding Johnny (SPOILERS)

203 replies to this topic
Johnny'sLost
  • Johnny'sLost

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 05:23 AM

I REALLY want to start a petition for this. As many of you know, in Trevor's introduction in GTA V, Johnny is brutally killed, with no respect or honor, in the slightest. A bottle is cracked over his head, and his face gets stomped, repeatedly, by Trevor. Trevor even went as far as scraping an actual piece of Johnny's brain off his shoe, poking fun at what he did, to Johnny's fellow members of the Lost. 

I don't know if Rockstar games just didn't care, or if they thought that because TBoGT sold more, that meant that everyone liked Luis better, or what, but Johnny's death was terrible, and completely uncalled for, and meaningless. They let him die on a damn cameo appearance. They wanted to incorporate The Lost, so they thought that meant a cameo appearance was necessary, but they took it too far. Johnny was an awesome character, and his story in TLaD really had meaning. Then, in an instant, they threw it all away, and even laughed at what they did.

Now I am not against a good character dying, and I don't believe in any character being invincible, but at least make it an honorable death, and make it have some sort of meaning for the story, or some impact on the plot, rather than it being a meaningless death, for an awesome character.

I want to petition a change, that Johnny does not die. I want to know what you guys think about actually doing it. I really want to, although I'm not completely sure whether or not Rockstar would do something, much less care at all, but I still want to try, because the choice of Johnny's death isn't justified in the least. Should I do it?

• AdiosAmigos, DBZMUSICBOY01, theGTAking101 and 1 other like this

Mannulus
  • Mannulus

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 05:24 AM

You can't really change a game (especially a large chunk of it) now. It is already released (obviously) and I doubt a patch could do anything. Not to mention that they would have to rework missions...redo the scripting...etc etc.

ZRose
  • ZRose

THE ONE

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 05:29 AM

No, You'll just look stupid so don"t do it.

• NADOLNY likes this

MrPeteyMax
  • MrPeteyMax

forum prankster haha i prank u!!!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 September 2013 - 05:32 AM

I'm a strong believer in standing up what you stand for. You should stand up to people about this, but making a petition really won't help this matter.

The game is released. I'm afraid that plotpoint, as terrible as it is, is now set in stone and cannot be modified. (Unless GTA V PC comes out ;) ) I understand your fustration. I was really pissed about it too, but a petition won't do anything. It's too late. I'm sorry to break it to you.

zainzombie
  • zainzombie

PRE-ORDER CANCELLED! *sob sob*

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 05:33 AM

Johnny died like a bitch to make Trevor look dangerous. They killed a character who has had his run for a character who is supposed to be the most dangerous and assholic GTA character ever. It makes sense to me. 

• D1RTYŽ, neuhier, LittleWing5683 and 1 other like this

MrPeteyMax
  • MrPeteyMax

forum prankster haha i prank u!!!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 September 2013 - 05:35 AM

Johnny died like a bitch to make Trevor look dangerous. They killed a character who has had his run for a character who is supposed to be the most dangerous and assholic GTA character ever. It makes sense to me. 

We understand that, we're just unhappy how a character we've come to like and understand has been taken out of character and totally changed just to try and fuel another characters edginess.

yakprince
  • yakprince

Doughboy

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 05:36 AM

I like that they killed him, it just goes to show these characters are nothing more than human. They aren't superheroes that can avoid death.

• D1RTYŽ, Startug and Cavintine like this

Ghost-Unit
  • Ghost-Unit

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 05:39 AM

I'm more worried about the fate of the Grove Street Families.

• Trideez and Jameson312 like this

Gtaman_92
  • Gtaman_92

Causing mayhem in Los Santos

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 September 2013 - 05:53 AM

At least Niko did not die.  

TheMisanthrope
  • TheMisanthrope

Idiots, idiots everywhere.

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 September 2013 - 06:00 AM

Johnny was a decent character I thoroughly enjoyed TLaD. But lets face it he wasn't going to star in another GTA his time has passed, he had a good run. His karma caught up with his ass. I thought it was pretty funny to be honest.

• D1RTYŽ likes this

downbounty
  • downbounty

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 06:03 AM

PreciousWall
  • PreciousWall

Stayin' Alive

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 25 September 2013 - 06:14 AM

its just a game get over it. Its like you want to revive your dead ancestors

brian.
  • brian.

Possible Descendant Of Kraff

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 September 2013 - 06:25 AM Edited by brian., 25 September 2013 - 06:26 AM.

The fact that you saw johnny at all, and so short, should be a sort of "future DLC OR GTA Online mission string" hint.

Plus, johnny is kind of a piece of sh*t anyway. If they never did anything else with him, I mean, he's not like Niko or Luis man, he's kind of a grimy dirtball piece of sh*t on purpose. He's a grime ball that niko meets, he's not like Niko the newcomer or Luis the protector/body guard. He's just a straight up grimeturd.

But I would definitely expect to see him

1: In GTA Online since it takes place "shortly before the events of GTA V" in its lore, and

2: A potential more time with him in a DLC that outlines things leading up to that moment, or perhaps that is all handled in GTA Online, as above. 

The reason why trevor fights the lost and kills them and always wakes up next to their dead bodies and killed Johnny in his opening scene - it has to be more.

But please, never in your life start some mass effect 3 ending sh*t around GTA, it's like, please don't, lol. :p

Rik96
  • Rik96

Apex Stalker

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 25 September 2013 - 06:47 AM

Johnny was a good character..but you know how this world works...

live by the gun ...die by the gun..

TonyResta
  • TonyResta

Tony Resta

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 06:53 AM

This is useless. Why would you want to change a game?

I think that shows that even though Johnny was a tough character, Trevor easily took him out to prove to us he's a psychopath, nothing wrong here.

evoluon--720
  • evoluon--720

Left Field

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:08 AM

the creators can do whatever they want with their story

Spoiler

so if you want some sort of vengeance pick that option

it is just a game btw...

start a petition to free Lil Boosie or somethin

5Skinner
  • 5Skinner

Player Hater

• Members
  • Christmas-Island

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:20 AM

A petition would not make a difference.

M4RK
  • M4RK

Thug

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:27 AM Edited by M4RK, 25 September 2013 - 07:27 AM.

I have to somewhat agree.  It was weird seeing Johnny acting like a total pushover when he found out Trevor was f*cking his girl.  It just seemed out of character for him.  And to have him killed like that...eh, it was ok.  Made Trevor look like a badass and not give a f**k

chitoryu12
  • chitoryu12

Resident Actor, Dancer, and Singer

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:31 AM

If you find Johnny's death meaningless, you didn't get the point of it. If you found him to be out-of-character, you didn't pay attention when you beat TLAD.

• mattymcs and Cavintine like this

Cavintine
  • Cavintine

Kid's A Hero

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:40 AM

My only regret is that both Trevor and Johnny never became proper scooter brothers. 

• joshua969, Honest Bill, Troublesome86 and 4 others like this

aaronimpact
  • aaronimpact

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 11:29 AM

I don't know what Rockstar was thinking. It didn't feel right. Johnny talking about being in love with some whore and then he died like a bitch.

Trevor is loud and obnoxious. The type of person I can't stand in real life.

Rocknroll85
  • Rocknroll85

Rat

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 11:45 AM

Haha Rockstar aint gonna change anything story related becuse of some random internet forum ... sorry, just not gonna happen...

mattymcs
  • mattymcs

For sho'

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 11:47 AM

If you find Johnny's death meaningless, you didn't get the point of it. If you found him to be out-of-character, you didn't pay attention when you beat TLAD.

Exactly, it was arugmably the most meaningful death in the game. It was the best way of establishing Trevor as a character, have him brutally kill a previous protagonist.

Jonny had fallen into the meth habit and ultimately would have probably killed himself down the line anyway,

• neuhier and Cavintine like this

neuhier
  • neuhier

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 11:52 AM

I don't know what Rockstar was thinking. It didn't feel right. Johnny talking about being in love with some whore and then he died like a bitch.

Trevor is loud and obnoxious. The type of person I can't stand in real life.

It was not just any whore it was Ashley , his ex girlfriend and there where clearly both junkies again. I thought his death was ironic, because all he did in tlad was looking and talking down to Ashley. So in the end he became what he hated most , only another weak junkie.

• Cavintine likes this

TimFL
  • TimFL

Trick

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 11:53 AM

I loved how Johnny died in GTA V, it shows how insane and dangerous Trevor is. Stop being so butthurt, they wont change it.

• neuhier likes this

ShinobiFixer
  • ShinobiFixer

way of the snake

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:10 PM

Too bad, its canon now.  Deal with it.   :cool:

• Kratos2000 likes this

Kratos2000
  • Kratos2000

;)

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:11 PM

Lawl I loved it, niko & his idiot cousin deserve this aswell. 

Human

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:30 PM

I don't think a petition will do anything even though I too thought that Johnny's death was horrible and wasn't even cannon with the TLAD storyline. I don't mind if he died but they just made him die like a bitch and it caught you completely off guard. I know that they wanted to make you feel some sort of hatred at Trevor, but knowing that the devs have control of his fate overall just makes me angry that they killed him and offered little toward my like/dislike status for Trevor. Especially after seeing his soft spot for Michael when he doesn't just immediately cap him in a fit of rage when

Spoiler
like he did with Johnny. Knowing how creative R* is maybe when they see how unnecessary and bad the fans feel about this part of the game they can twist it to make it so that he lives. Like maybe he was only in a coma but sustained severe brain injury and that's why he didn't respond. He could have later pulled a Michael and retired from the life of crime and go into some protection service. Now hopefully I won't get attacked by some kids who joined just last week for having a different opinion on this subject. 

• neuhier likes this

DeadZombie
  • DeadZombie

Sons Of Ditka - Leader

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 01:38 PM

Uhh he was asking for it to be honest. He still loved that whore ashley. 

Are you sure you cared? Did you call an ambulance after you stomped his brains in?

Plus he probley just respawned at a hospital anyways.

• Cavintine likes this

Ziggy455
  • Ziggy455

The vulgar, Irish, writer!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Contribution Award [Expression]

Posted 25 September 2013 - 01:49 PM

Look, I'll try and explain it in the best way I can.

Johnny, at the start of V is a broken man living the same cycle he has done for years. He's always been wrapped around Ashley's finger, and when TLaD finished, we'd known that The Lost was on the way out. As for Johnny, he's on the meth when you meet him in GTA V, and Trevor has no sympathy for meth-heads. 

Johnny was killed for three reasons.

1. To show the ferociousness of Trevor and how powerfully psychotic the man truly was. We were forcefully shown that Trevor was a much stronger adversary as opposed to our previous protagonist.

2. Rockstar's subtle way of cutting its ties from GTA IV which many people didn't like. It was kind of Rockstar's farewell to Liberty City and GTA IV.

3rd (and finally) Johnny was killed off purely because his story had been done. They coudn't go any further with him as a character. Well, okay, that's pushing it. He could have redeemed himself, kicked the meth-habit and sorted his crew out, but this is GTA, and there's no mercy for the weak. His story was finished in TLaD and it was a much more powerful incentive in GTA V for the audience to see a character they loved dying. It was powerful. It must have been for you to want to kick up the petition.

But don't do it, man. It's done. Accept the chain of events as it is. You'll always have TLaD and IV if you ever want to see him again.

• chitoryu12, MagzGTA and Bonnano like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users