Still my favourite GTA

20 replies to this topic
BoringPedsDumbCops
  • BoringPedsDumbCops

Rockstink Games Employee

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 September 2013 - 02:18 AM

I just love the way the world's is set up, still a pleasure to play.
  • NADOLNY likes this

NADOLNY
  • NADOLNY

Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 September 2013 - 06:12 PM

I agree

I still remember the first time I played it... loooong time ago!

Masny
  • Masny

Member Since 16 Feb 2007

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 25 September 2013 - 06:15 PM

Yes, I agree with you. Yesterday I finished the story of GTA III by, I don't know, 10th time? and I have to say - I still very, very like this game. It's still fun to play, even after 10 years!

DeadstarHorizon
  • DeadstarHorizon

Claude Speed's Father

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 05:12 PM

GTA III is still my favorite as well. It is forever a classic.

Blasting MSX FM around Shoreside Vale looking for the cars on the shopping list is a memory burned into me forever. <3

Postal Dude
  • Postal Dude

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 06:06 PM

GTA III Is amazing game ,but i like GTA2 more.

GtaIvFanboy
  • GtaIvFanboy

I Have a Foot Fetish

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 September 2013 - 01:06 AM

I Was just playing it and it has a certain atmosphere/charm about it  that none of the gta games that Succeed it have Managed to match IMO i would say its My Favourite game from the Third Era.

Kratos2000
  • Kratos2000

;)

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 01:42 PM

Despite my usual dislike for old, nostalgic games - like GTA 2, Vice city, etc. and despite the fact that I'm not really a GTA fan in particular,

I must admit that I literally fell in love with GTA III. it is an amazing game with incredible atmosphere and lovely characters. even far better than SA. 

It's a really special game, one of a kind. 

Misbegotten cad
  • Misbegotten cad

Prankster

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 October 2013 - 08:28 AM

Pleasure to play?

-On what system?

Now I love this game, but the shooting/fighting controls are a nightmare, at least on PS2. Which makes multiple opponent shootouts/fights a bit of a nightmare.

SA handles all this stuff with much more style.

Masny
  • Masny

Member Since 16 Feb 2007

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 02 October 2013 - 09:21 PM

Yes, but GTA is not only shooting game. 
On PS2 you have pressure sensitive car driving, which is very nice!

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich, so wie du bist.

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 02 October 2013 - 09:47 PM

I love GTA 3, and still love it today. It was one of my first GTA games to play, and it's original location, not being based off one city in particular, is flip friggin' awesome.

Portland forever!

Masny
  • Masny

Member Since 16 Feb 2007

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:35 AM

Portland forever!

Portland is one of the best location that Rockstar ever created.

GTA III Is amazing game ,but i like GTA2 more.

Yup, GTA 2 is also amazing game (music!). I heard somewhere, that GTA 2 was meant to be 3D too. I wonder if it's true.

BoringPedsDumbCops
  • BoringPedsDumbCops

Rockstink Games Employee

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 October 2013 - 08:19 PM

I heard somewhere, that GTA 2 was meant to be 3D too. I wonder if it's true.

TonyMontanaCDL
  • TonyMontanaCDL

Snitch

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 04:31 AM

Liberty City Stories is still my favorite but it would not be possible without this game.

Trinette
  • Trinette

lean on me. so you wont. stray your neck.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Unknown

Posted 05 October 2013 - 04:51 PM

Portland forever!

Definitely. :cookie: The atmosphere of it is amazing and despite being rather small, it felt so packed with life and mystery and it easily tops the other two cities. Hell, even the GTA IV version of Portland (I'm guessing was Alderney simply because of all the industry areas and the Salvatore esque mansion despite the location of it and how it should be swapped with Dukes) was great and it had a nicer feeling than Dukes and Algonquin. :ph34r: :ph34r:

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich, so wie du bist.

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 05 October 2013 - 04:58 PM

Portland forever!

Definitely. :cookie: The atmosphere of it is amazing and despite being rather small, it felt so packed with life and mystery and it easily tops the other two cities. Hell, even the GTA IV version of Portland (I'm guessing was Alderney simply because of all the industry areas and the Salvatore esque mansion despite the location of it and how it should be swapped with Dukes) was great and it had a nicer feeling than Dukes and Algonquin. :ph34r: :ph34r:

I never thought IV's Liberty City was based on III Liberty City, especially in the sense that there's virturally no landmarks aside from Francis International Airport, and even then it's just in the name. If anything, III was based off a generic

Trinette
  • Trinette

lean on me. so you wont. stray your neck.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Unknown

Posted 05 October 2013 - 05:38 PM

Portland forever!

I never thought IV's Liberty City was based on III Liberty City, especially in the sense that there's virturally no landmarks aside from Francis International Airport, and even then it's just in the name. If anything, III was based off a generic

It's probably not purposely based off of it but I can almost see what they were probably trying to get at. Subtle references as they did with GTA V and Grove street coming back, just with a nearly whole different look. :ph34r: :ph34r:

Kristian.
  • Kristian.

Supralux (ΛΟ)

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 05 October 2013 - 06:16 PM

III was based off New York for the most part.

MysteryRidah
  • MysteryRidah

GMAlonzo

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:34 AM

I think most people do think gta 3 is the best and imo it will always be. kinda wish rockstar made gta 3 part 2.

Tilemaxx
  • Tilemaxx

POV City Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 October 2013 - 05:38 AM Edited by Tilemaxx, 30 October 2013 - 05:38 AM.

GTA III era titles were "pick and play" games, that's why people still love them even after so many years.

Literally anyone could just completely ignore "Give me Liberty" and start wandering around the city, doing crazy stuff with cheat codes etc. Controls were super-simple and fun. In contrast, you can't skip the first mission in GTAV and start exploring North Yakton. The mission will fail after a few seconds since you exit the car.

I'm not saying that IV era games are inferior. But they are more realistic and complex, totally different "cinematic-like" experiences. Although V revived much of the fun of the III era games.

YOGDUSH
  • YOGDUSH

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 06:06 PM

yep gta 3 and 4 is probally the best games of all time hands down. i liked claude a lot he was a very good character. i mean if u take a look at the other charactters they aare not the same. and i have always liked lc its such a cool town. and gta 3 style was so good i wish they would do a part 2 some day it would make my day you know.

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Contribution Award [GTA III]

Posted 31 October 2013 - 06:10 PM

yep gta 3 and 4 is probally the best games of all time hands down. i liked claude a lot he was a very good character. i mean if u take a look at the other charactters they aare not the same. and i have always liked lc its such a cool town. and gta 3 style was so good i wish they would do a part 2 some day it would make my day you know.

I'd also love something like that to happen, even if it is unlikely.

Liberty City lived up to its name well as the 'Worst Place in America', the scenery, characters, missions and soundtrack were all pretty impressive and for 2001, it revolutionized the gaming industry.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users