Gender switching?

32 replies to this topic
ProGamerGov
  • ProGamerGov

Hustler

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 01:36 AM

Can we switch genders in GTA Online?

I ask because I like playing as a male but being a female character is more aesthetically pleasing. I'd hate to have to be locked down to one gender.

ImBoss450
  • ImBoss450

Im a Boss

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 02:05 AM

Gay.
  • ChrisCarlascio likes this

UsedFloppyDisk
  • UsedFloppyDisk

Proclus Global agent

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 02:17 AM Edited by UsedFloppyDisk, 25 September 2013 - 02:21 AM.

"more aesthetically pleasing"
What.
This is what worries me, a bunch of hormone induced thirteen year olds online with girl characters. 

• ImBoss450 likes this

ProGamerGov
  • ProGamerGov

Hustler

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 02:41 AM

What.
This is what worries me, a bunch of hormone induced thirteen year olds online with girl characters.

Well I would prefer not run around with a dudes backside constantly and I am comfortable enough with my manhood to play as a female character unlock others here.

Mushmello
  • Mushmello

Phantom

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 02:48 AM

I never understood that debate. "I'd rather stare at a girl's ass than a guys." Why is the person staring at their character's ass in the first place, instead of like, what's actually going on in the game?

• UsedFloppyDisk, ChrisCarlascio and NeoNegro like this

Puroxicity
  • Puroxicity

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 02:51 AM

What.

Well I would prefer not run around with a dudes backside constantly and I am comfortable enough with my manhood to play as a female character unlock others here.

Kid with whinny "Bad Sport" post..  No man hood to be comfortable with.. 

ProGamerGov
  • ProGamerGov

Hustler

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 03:06 AM

What.

Kid with whinny "Bad Sport" post..  No man hood to be comfortable with..

So I have to share your opinion on everything?

TrickishDonkey
  • TrickishDonkey

Rat

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 03:13 AM

What.

if a game allows to to be a different gender i am going to use the gender. Plus in  every game i played the girl characters all ways gets better cloths and stuff like that

DaRkL3AD3R
  • DaRkL3AD3R

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 03:25 AM

Lol love the excuse "wahhh I don't want to stare at a mans butt all the time."

This is a clear sign someone is garbage at gaming. Instead of staring off into the distance and searching the area, their eyes gravitate towards the character's ass. F*cking 12 year olds.

• UsedFloppyDisk and SAUL_SILVER like this

UsedFloppyDisk
  • UsedFloppyDisk

Proclus Global agent

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 03:30 AM Edited by UsedFloppyDisk, 25 September 2013 - 03:35 AM.

What.

If you're really that insecure about "a man's backside" with clothes on, it really does say something.
Seriously? There are a sh*t ton of games with a male protagonist. Why are your eyes even on the character's ass? How old are you dude? What the guy above me said. How about look at what is actually around you and in the game instead of your character's backside...

ProGamerGov
  • ProGamerGov

Hustler

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 03:36 AM

We're going a bit off topic here. The original questions was about switching between both genders as both are in GTA Online.

UsedFloppyDisk
  • UsedFloppyDisk

Proclus Global agent

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 03:38 AM

We're going a bit off topic here. The original questions was about switching between both genders as both are in GTA Online.

You still stated in that topic it was more "aesthetically pleasing", and proceeded to give that excuse.
But whatever, I guess. 

Mushmello
  • Mushmello

Phantom

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 03:48 AM

I don't know about switching genders, but I read something about multiple save slots. So you might be able to have both your male and female character. Keep in mind though that when you talk through the headset, your character's lips move too.

ChrisCarlascio
  • ChrisCarlascio

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 03:54 AM

Plus in  every game i played the girl characters all ways gets better cloths and stuff like that

Even gayer.

• ImBoss450 likes this

TrickishDonkey
  • TrickishDonkey

Rat

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 04:06 AM

Plus in  every game i played the girl characters all ways gets better cloths and stuff like that

Even gayer.

Whats even gayer?If i am going to be seeing my character all the time they have too look good.

ChrisCarlascio
  • ChrisCarlascio

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 04:11 AM

Whats even gayer?If i am going to be seeing my character all the time they have too look good.

lol I'm just messing with you buddy.

Angie94
  • Angie94

Rat

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 04:27 AM Edited by Angie94, 25 September 2013 - 08:12 PM.

Idk if u can switch genders, but I don't get why u would want to play as a female character. Do u want to be a female or something cause im a MTF (male to female)  transgender and when I was living my life as a boy I only played as female characters because I wanted to be a girl. I don't know any guy that plays as a female character unless they are questioning their gender. So yea I hope I dont offend anyone.

Creyes One
  • Creyes One

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 04:39 AM Edited by Creyes One, 25 September 2013 - 04:45 AM.

Competitive wise for some shooters Females have a 6-25% smaller hitbox...depending if devs try to equal it out...

Halo Reach was pretty obvious with this and playing a female spartan gave a small edge...

Looking at GTAO it looks like females are smaller by a tad bit.

RDR females were def smaller...

I know a couple Shooters for PC as well with female hitbox advantage.

Also Devs do tend to give female bodies more detail and better clothing than males but mostly RPG games this happens.

Doxyll
  • Doxyll

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 04:59 AM Edited by Doxyll, 25 September 2013 - 05:10 AM.

lol, does this apply to race as well? Players can only play the same race and gender that they are in real life otherwise they secretly want to be their character?

I suppose that means since we're all committing crimes in this game we secretly want to be criminals too.

rofl you guys, that's retarded

on topic though: It looks like customization is done in-game via haircuts and clothes shops, I don't see any in-game cosmetic shops so I wouldn't count on it. Just create a character like it's permanent just in case it is I suppose

• Creyes One likes this

MovieGuy786
  • MovieGuy786

Snitch

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 05:23 AM

I wonder if you can be a Transgender.

Euan
  • Euan

Square Civilian

• Members
  • Albania

Posted 25 September 2013 - 06:21 AM

I'm a guy. My character will be female. I don't want to me a female. This character is one I have in every game if possible. I don't have that character to stare at her ' assets '. It's just for the sake of continuation. Oh, and no, I don't dress her like a slut either. 

Thanks.

Derity
  • Derity

Rat

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:57 AM

I've always preferred female heroes, in almost every game where you can choose your character, I always gravitate towards the female characters, and I'm a guy. Chun-Li in Street Fighter, Jane Shepard in Mass Effect, Claire Redfield in Resident Evil, etc. 

I personally just find them to be "cooler".

It's weird because when I was younger, I felt the opposite and preferred the male characters, but over the past 10 or so years I've found myself almost exclusively playing the female characters. (The only times I don't pick female characters is when they look either too anatomically exaggerated or dressed to "girly") I'm 27 now.

There are a lot of female Heroes in a variety of games, comics, films and in my opinion, saying that playing a female character either makes you a homosexual or someone who wants to change their real-world gender is actually pretty childish. What about people who play Tomb Raider, or people who read comics about Witchblade?

Side note; Collision boxes for female characters in some games are smaller (Max Payne 3)

Mavsynchroid
  • Mavsynchroid

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 08:14 AM

Idk if u can switch genders, but I mean I don't get why u would want to play as a female character I mean do u want to be a female or something cause im a MTF (male to female)  transgender and when I was living my life as a boy I only played as female characters because I wanted to be a girl. I mean I don't know any guy that plays as a female character unless they are questioning their gender. So yea I hope I dont offend anyone.

What a stupid thing to say. Go to any mmo and ask how many female characters are actually males in real life. Not every tiny choice in life has to have deep meaning.

I always play male btw, and im male

GuantanamoObama
  • GuantanamoObama

That is to say, Cunnilingus

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 September 2013 - 08:34 AM

What.

I play only as guys in third person shooters, and I never intentionally stare at my avatar's ass. You must not be too comfortable with your sexuality if you would better relate to a female avatar, buddy.

• ImBoss450 likes this

ImBoss450
  • ImBoss450

Im a Boss

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 11:04 AM

I don't see why these guys want to make female characters. If you want to look at a girls' ass, go in real life instead of on a video game.

VillNess
  • VillNess

Apina

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 11:42 AM

I'm gonna make female character in GTA Online. Although like someone said, the character's mouth is moving in sync with your voice and I am a male so it will be a bit weird I must say :p

The reason I will make a female is that it's a game. It's fun to do something you wouldn't/can't do in real life.

On topic... I've been wondering too what can we change afterwards. I hope there is a way to change everything and not by deleting (if we even can?) the character and starting a new one from scratch. Although this whole "parents and grandparents" thing might suggest that what we do in character creation will stay like that forever.

Lawking10
  • Lawking10

Snitch

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 11:49 AM

I wonder what goes through this guys mind when he creates all these topics? "Hmmm, I want to camp beside of the ATM's and get everyones money, f*ck the bad sport system, I'm going to create a thread to tell people how bad it is and how much it will ruin the game and make it become like club penguin" Or "I want to be a female too for when I'm horny, I wonder if you can switch to a female character instantly? Oh, I can create a thread to see if anyone knows!"................... Seriously dude, get off these forums if you're going to continue to post these stupid pointless threads.

bensons
  • bensons

Homie

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 11:59 AM

There are no girls on teh internet.

Doxyll
  • Doxyll

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:18 PM

I don't see why these guys want to make female characters. If you want to look at a girls' ass, go in real life instead of on a video game.

A little variety won't hurt anyone, if everyone played themselves Los Santos is going to be overrun with 12 - 30yr old male sh*tc*nts who have never committed a serious crime in their life.

Seniorbboby
  • Seniorbboby

Air Ground War VET

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:25 PM

Even gayer.

LOL I can't drink while reading this forum!

• ChrisCarlascio likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users