11 replies to this topic
zuckmeslow
  • zuckmeslow

Writer/Director

• Members
  • None
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 25 September 2013 - 01:12 AM

i chose option c because i love all three characters. but i saw a youtube vid of what happens when you chose option a and b. and i was honestly disturbed by the way michael and specifically trevor die. 

you spend the game with them learning how they think and act. both are flawed men but you feel for them. 

michael's death was disturbing but trevor's death was extremely messed up. i thought franklin killing them would be a bullet to the head or knocking their car off the highway but the way that both "died" should be a death given to bad guys like devin or steve haines and not the main characters. i think it was overkill.

i am glad option c is the canonical ending.

michael should have died the same way

Spoiler

and trevor should have just been killed by his plane crashing. get in a dogfight with him then shoot his cuban 800 down and watch it explode. much more satisfying and less depressing.

what about you, where you disturbed by the other 2 endings.

Broken Condom Kid
  • Broken Condom Kid

The Loser

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 01:30 AM

I was majorly affected when I accidently chose to kill Trevor, (I thought C meant kill Frankie), luckily I had a ack up file saved on Monkey Business, so I was able to change it, Michaels Death seems kinda well deserved if you chose to try and save him. Trevors death really made me lose respect for Michael, cause Michael spewed the most coldest one liner in GTA history imo, "You always liked gasoline, Trevor!", if Michael wasnt a family man, Trevors Death imo is more sadders than Romans. It was torture watching him burn then explode, 

carnage.
  • carnage.

What color do you bleed?

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 01:30 AM Edited by carnage., 25 September 2013 - 01:49 AM.

Hmmmm, I chose C. as well. I wonder if I should take a gander at those youtube videos.

Edit: Meh, they were both kinda lame.

Spoiler
Michael's was stupid. I'm glad I picked C.

zuckmeslow
  • zuckmeslow

Writer/Director

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 September 2013 - 01:37 AM

I was majorly affected when I accidently chose to kill Trevor, (I thought C meant kill Frankie), luckily I had a ack up file saved on Monkey Business, so I was able to change it, Michaels Death seems kinda well deserved if you chose to try and save him. Trevors death really made me lose respect for Michael, cause Michael spewed the most coldest one liner in GTA history imo, "You always liked gasoline, Trevor!", if Michael wasnt a family man, Trevors Death imo is more sadders than Romans. It was torture watching him burn then explode,

Roman had it easy with a bullet but yes the fact that he was just burning there was messed up. He did not deserve it that bad.

Hmmmm, I chose C. as well. I wonder if I should take a gander at those youtube videos.

The endings are messed up but check them out.

Gouveia
  • Gouveia

Master raced so hard I couldn't even

• The Yardies
  • Brazil

Posted 25 September 2013 - 01:38 AM

Since this is a huge spoiler, I won't bother putting spoiler tags.

After the FIB asked Franklin to kill Trevor (and since I had heard the game had only one ending), I thought "f*ck, Trevor is gonna die." When I was able to choose, I thought "f*ck, Frankling is gonna die if I choose C," but I took the shot.

I think that, if I chose A or B, it would be like Far Cry 3's ending for me,

Spoiler
and I would be mad-pissed at Rockstar.

If there wasn't a option C at all, I would probably go for full refunding. It would've been bullsh*t.

Anyway, "The Third Way" is one of my favorite missions in the entire series, and my favorite finale mission. It's just f*cking awesome to see them solving their loose ends. And I, myself, was extremely satisfied (and surprised) when Trevor called Michael a friend again, which seemed like a f*cking positive thing when they wanted to kill each other.

Killing Trevor makes you disrespect Michael A LOT. In all endings you see that, even though his slightly disturbed, he loves both Franklin and Michael.

• DeafMetal likes this

Saliva
  • Saliva

Thug

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 01:43 AM

Does ending A have to be that way? It looks like you have free aim. Maybe you could

Spoiler

zuckmeslow
  • zuckmeslow

Writer/Director

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 September 2013 - 01:46 AM

Does ending A have to be that way? It looks like you have free aim. Maybe you could

Spoiler

Spoiler

spamtackey
  • spamtackey

Business Socks

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 01:46 AM

Michael's death felt the better of the first two endings for me. It tied back to the beginning of the game and Michael and Franklin's relationship. Michael's freaking out was much more in character IMO than the stuff he said after Trevor's death and the death itself was alright for me. I don't like the ending 'cause it felt rushed and left too many loose ends, but if I had to pick one of the death endings then that would be the one.

Trevor's death was awful all around. Way too disturbing for him to go like that and it made Michael an even worse jerk than he was normally. I mean, throughout the story he gets angry but nothing like that. I could not believe Franklin was all "fist bump" to him after it.

Ending C felt like the right ending. GTA V felt like the tone was that of the old 'vinewood' action movies and pulling off a happy ending completes that for me. :lol:  

• DeafMetal likes this

zuckmeslow
  • zuckmeslow

Writer/Director

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 September 2013 - 02:39 PM Edited by zuckmeslow, 25 September 2013 - 02:41 PM.

Michael's death felt the better of the first two endings for me. It tied back to the beginning of the game and Michael and Franklin's relationship. Michael's freaking out was much more in character IMO than the stuff he said after Trevor's death and the death itself was alright for me. I don't like the ending 'cause it felt rushed and left too many loose ends, but if I had to pick one of the death endings then that would be the one.

Trevor's death was awful all around. Way too disturbing for him to go like that and it made Michael an even worse jerk than he was normally. I mean, throughout the story he gets angry but nothing like that. I could not believe Franklin was all "fist bump" to him after it.

Ending C felt like the right ending. GTA V felt like the tone was that of the old 'vinewood' action movies and pulling off a happy ending completes that for me. :lol:

I agree.
It was out of character for michael to say " you always liked gasoline". Hes not that rude

ChickenStu
  • ChickenStu

Snitch

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 02:43 PM

Only ending B upset me. 

TheJasonGallant
  • TheJasonGallant

Random Player

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 02:46 PM

You could have replayed the missions as well. But the discussion isn't about this so I'll tell you what I think.

I think that choosing option a or b is simply wrong. Because they were friends. They always helped eachother. I just think that betraying them is not really fair and doesn't necessarly fit the characters. Not counting that the mission that comes with option c is a lot more fun in my opinion.

InfernoV
  • InfernoV

Dont you just hate keyboard warriors!

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 02:51 PM

Lol franklin is a pussy, he cheapshot michael and gave him 3-4 punches, michael got up immediatly. Michael gave franklin one push and it took him 5 seconds to get up and he looked hurt when he did get up

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users