Quantcast

» «
Photo

Where should the next GTA take place?

272 replies to this topic

Poll: Next GTA city (297 member(s) have cast votes)

Which city would make for the best location in the next GTA?

1. New York City (3 votes [1.01%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.01%

2. London (48 votes [16.16%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 16.16%

3. Chicago (22 votes [7.41%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.41%

4. Dubai (11 votes [3.70%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.70%

5. Miami (84 votes [28.28%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 28.28%

6. Las Vegas (38 votes [12.79%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 12.79%

7. Los Angeles (2 votes [0.67%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 0.67%

8. Detroit (14 votes [4.71%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.71%

9. Hawaii (11 votes [3.70%] - View)

10. New Orleans (12 votes [4.04%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.04%

11. Philedelphia (4 votes [1.35%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.35%

12. Other American City (Baltimore, Atlanta, D.C. etc.) (11 votes [3.70%] - View)

13. Other International City (Moscow, Hong Kong, Tokyo, Mexico City etc.) (21 votes [7.07%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.07%

14. None of the above, I'll post in the comments (16 votes [5.39%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.39%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Lee Everett
  • Lee Everett

We need to keep you safe Clementine...

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 September 2013 - 01:04 AM

No, Chicago is a big NO-NO! Watch Dogs is set in Chicago, so Ubisoft would be able to sue R* for copying.

If I had my say, I would want modern day version of Red Dead Redemption map.

They can't sue Rockstar for using Chicago. Ubisoft does not own that city. Wasn't True Crime set in New York, and how many games are already in New York? Yet Rockstar based Liberty City on it, because those other games don't own that city or layout.

If anything, Rockstar sues Ubisoft for wasting their time.

Blunt Force Trauma
  • Blunt Force Trauma

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 01:06 AM

Come on guys. Many of the places you've all mentioned are boring. Bring it back to Las Venturas. Imagine The Strip on next-gen consoles. All that gambling. Jumping off the Stratosphere. 

Chicago is boring? If you ever wanted to know what it's like, petition for R* to make a Chicago-based city for their next title, and with these next generation consoles... You're there!!

Amigo Mane
  • Amigo Mane

YG Amigo

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 01:06 AM

I think London, Australia, Chicago are the winners but OH!

New contender maybe? Hawaii? & you could have a team of bounty hunters led by a man with long blonde hair & a wife with enourmous boobs that occasionally come after you with a camera crew & a whole load of pepper spray lmao...

Heath_89
  • Heath_89

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 01:16 AM

lol Australia would also be a great idea but in all honesty I think a new country would be a better idea, not trying to be rude to Americans at all I do like

USA but GTA needs a fresh start in a way of location.

Blunt Force Trauma
  • Blunt Force Trauma

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 01:16 AM

I think London would be fun, or Miami (Vice City). :)

London would be a better idea as its something different to America, its a great city and nothing beats the British sense of humor in my opinion so

they could really work with that.

You got me there, British comedy is hard to surpass, with MY exception being the Big Lebowski though. 

Vice City has waited long enough.

What do you mean by that? Why should Vice City get prioritized over anything else?

Wow, I must have been the only one with Chicago on my mind. I hope I didn't come off as arrogant or a narcissistic homer when I said I think Chicago has the makings for a GTA title. But here's a couple that other people have said that I really like and think could work out very well. 

(Sorry if I don't "credit" you, I wasn't paying attention to names)

Rio
Australia (Which city again? Sydney?)
Dubai

What about Bangkok? I'm not a fan of the place per se, but if Chicago don't cut the cheese and Vice City does, what about Bankok? How are most of you people formulating your opinion anyway? 

I think a would-be GTA city should have several of any of the following, (all the better) Guns, Drugs, Crime, Clubs, Strippers/Prostitutes, Beaches, High rises/Sky Scrapers, Downtown, Gambling, Corruption, Night Life, Entertainment, Water front/Rivers, and Moutains or back woods country side.

I think Chicago would work really well, didn't notice you post that before, half asleep lmao, but yeah that could work, regardless of what Watchdogs is doing, that's a different game, whoever said that lol. True Crime already made New York before GTA did Liberty City so what's the big deal?

& yeah Sydney or Melbourne...

Never really seen much of Bangkok to judge it...

Detroit though?

Detroit could work, although Stillwater from Saints Row I thought was supposed to be Detroit. 

There's a couple of movies you could watch to get a reference for Bangkok but I don't know, I was just throwing it out there.

Without me resorting to google, would you be able to describe the difference to me between those two Australian cities Melbourne and Sydney? 

Blunt Force Trauma
  • Blunt Force Trauma

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 01:19 AM

I like London, Australia and Chicago, easily my favorite nominations. I might have to make a poll if it's not too late. 

Amigo Mane
  • Amigo Mane

YG Amigo

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 01:25 AM

Well Melbourne has a lot of street culture such as graffiti etc. & has good nightlife...Lot of cyclists though. & not so many rural areas I think

Whereas Sydney still has the urban theme of the city but lots of beaches too & heavy traffic...

But tbh I think both cities don't really capture the countryside of Australia so R* might have to get creative & merge another part of Australie with one of the cities lol...

That's my take anyways lol

What do you think of Hawaii though?

Blunt Force Trauma
  • Blunt Force Trauma

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 01:29 AM

Well Melbourne has a lot of street culture such as graffiti etc. & has good nightlife...Lot of cyclists though. & not so many rural areas I think

Whereas Sydney still has the urban theme of the city but lots of beaches too & heavy traffic...

But tbh I think both cities don't really capture the countryside of Australia so R* might have to get creative & merge another part of Australie with one of the cities lol...

That's my take anyways lol

What do you think of Hawaii though?

I think it could work, I don't know a lot about it despite it being whored out in movies and games in modern pop culture like NYC and LA so that's my concern. It's beautiful, unique, as far as I can tell, it hasn't been done before in the GTA franchise right?

elbilly
  • elbilly

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 01:32 AM

The problem with an Australian city is that there is not the culture of gang violence and underworld that isn't a lot better in 20 other cities/regions/islands. Moscow, Hong Kong, Sicily, London, Chicago, Tokyo, Rio all would have to be considered before even thinking about somewhere in Australia. Though it would be great for the rural areas I just don't think the cities it works well for GTA because it's not believable

Blunt Force Trauma
  • Blunt Force Trauma

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 01:35 AM Edited by Blunt Force Trauma, 25 September 2013 - 01:37 AM.

The problem with an Australian city is that there is not the culture of gang violence and underworld that isn't a lot better in 20 other cities/regions/islands. Moscow, Hong Kong, Sicily, London, Chicago, Tokyo, Rio all would have to be considered before even thinking about somewhere in Australia. Though it would be great for the rural areas I just don't think the cities it works well for GTA because it's not believable

Hm, well you make a good case, you think I should remove Australia from the pole in favor of say... Rio? I think Australia could be done, I don't have any hate toward it and it's under exposure means for a bunch of surprises and wow-factor. There is a lot to learn and you may not know what to expect. But bear in mind, just because you may not hear about it much, doesn't mean Australia may or may not have a gang/gun/drug-violence issue like many of the other cities you mentioned that many of us are familiar with. 

Amigo Mane
  • Amigo Mane

YG Amigo

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 01:40 AM

@BluntForceTrauma Yeah I see your point...Nope it hasn't been done yet either..

@elbilly Hmm true, I mean the gangs & drugs are present but like you say, not very strong...

I like the sound of Moscow...Maybe Prague too?

Oh I just had a thought, forgive me if I'm wrong but, didn't CJ fly over from new york at the start of SA? Has anyone here seen any of these films? Juice, Paid In Full or Belly?

I think going back to New York but in the late 80s, early 90s would be perfect.

Lee Everett
  • Lee Everett

We need to keep you safe Clementine...

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 September 2013 - 01:41 AM Edited by GTA4 Niko Bellic, 25 September 2013 - 01:41 AM.

Las Vegas, Florida or Chicago would be cool. As for outside the United States, I'd like to see Russia.

Lil_B_The Basedgod
  • Lil_B_The Basedgod

f*ck the mods

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 September 2013 - 01:42 AM

Atlanta

Blunt Force Trauma
  • Blunt Force Trauma

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 01:42 AM Edited by Blunt Force Trauma, 25 September 2013 - 01:44 AM.

31888723951f4ac7e2d5bee7.jpgWhat about this place? This is apparently a REAL picture of Shanghai

It is definitely not pretty like New York and Chicago are in my opinion, but you have to respect the sheer scale and immensity of it. I mean... Just look at it.

Amigo Mane
  • Amigo Mane

YG Amigo

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 01:44 AM

Only thing I'd say about Rio is we went there in Max Payne 3 so I doubt they would wanna go back so soon...

I would say London, Chicago, Miami, Australia, Late 80s New York or Atlanta...

You could just make a BIG poll of all the cities mentioned that may have a chance?

DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 01:45 AM Edited by DeafMetal, 25 September 2013 - 01:46 AM.

Nuff said.

Actually, you know what'd be cool? An American immigrant going to a foreign place. It'd still be an American satire just from a different angle.

Amigo Mane
  • Amigo Mane

YG Amigo

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 01:45 AM

Atlanta

This guy knows.

Trap.

Amigo Mane
  • Amigo Mane

YG Amigo

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 01:48 AM

Well my vote was with other american city, all 4 sound good to me, Atlanta, Philly, DC & Baltimore...

Bushmaster
  • Bushmaster

10 Millimeter Heater

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 01:49 AM

Philadelphia would be amazing since I live about 2 hours away from there and I know the city fairly well.

tipplur
  • tipplur

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 01:53 AM

where at? i grew up in media, right between Chester and West Chester

BMW Sterling
  • BMW Sterling

(_o_Y_o_)

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 01:53 AM

WE WANT PHILADELPHIA!

tipplur
  • tipplur

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 01:56 AM Edited by tipplur, 25 September 2013 - 01:57 AM.

philly would be especially cool since we have AC, delaware and NYC so close. honestly i think that will be the next one, an east coast combination probably centering Liberty City but including philly and DC, doubt it would go as far as boston and virginia but that would be tight. 

R* said they want to move on to regions, and the east coast is the best region to start with. they said eventually they'd like to do countries too. they said they won't be doing london. 

Blunt Force Trauma
  • Blunt Force Trauma

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 01:58 AM

Nuff said.

Actually, you know what'd be cool? An American immigrant going to a foreign place. It'd still be an American satire just from a different angle.

I like your point about an american immigrant going to another country, sort of the opposite but same humor style as GTA IV which I absolutely loved. 

But as for your video, I'm aware that game was from a different time, but that video, is hardly a "nuff said" trump card. Maybe it's just your opinion, let me try that though

Jrballe_july_2004_chicago_skyline_at_nig

Only thing I'd say about Rio is we went there in Max Payne 3 so I doubt they would wanna go back so soon...

I would say London, Chicago, Miami, Australia, Late 80s New York or Atlanta...

You could just make a BIG poll of all the cities mentioned that may have a chance?

I could only add two more options and I was in a rush to get it out, I could add a couple more though, let me fix it.

Well my vote was with other american city, all 4 sound good to me, Atlanta, Philly, DC & Baltimore...

The point of "Other American City" was that if wasn't listed as a seperate vote option you would post in the comments which one you want and elaborate why you think that place is the ideal location for the next GTA.

I haven't provided the almighty case for Chicago, but I followed my own rules and have described why I think Chicago would be perfect. 

M210F
  • M210F

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 01:58 AM

Detroit, New Orleans and Las Vegas would be my choices for a game set in America. We have to take into account the countryside as well now, too- New Orleans' bayous could be interesting, especially if they have a third of the map off the coast in the gulf, with a little Carribean-esque archipelago. Las Vegas would be interesting as a setting for its gambling, obviously, and Detroit would be great if Rockstar can pull off the sh*thole. Outside of America, Australia would be great, but only if they can incorporate the countryside into it, as someone here said Melbourne and Sydney aren't exactly in the heart of the outback. Istanbul could be fun too, with its winding streets and has plently of interesting countryside to boot.

Amigo Mane
  • Amigo Mane

YG Amigo

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 02:03 AM

Ahh okay, well in that case my vote is for Atlanta because of the drugs scene, the gangs, the rap scene & just the area is a really gritty place & could work well.

You've got the potential for drug runs, drug deals, gang shootouts, home invasions, even some rapper characters like in SA with OG Locc & Madd Dogg lol

But not everyone is big on the whole gangbanging scene, but lets not lie, San Andreas was one of the best GTA games made lol

GamerPatriot
  • GamerPatriot

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 02:03 AM

About somewhere different. I'm tired of going and forth to the same ole city. 

elbilly
  • elbilly

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 02:05 AM

Hm, well you make a good case, you think I should remove Australia from the pole in favor of say... Rio? I think Australia could be done, I don't have any hate toward it and it's under exposure means for a bunch of surprises and wow-factor. There is a lot to learn and you may not know what to expect. But bear in mind, just because you may not hear about it much, doesn't mean Australia may or may not have a gang/gun/drug-violence issue like many of the other cities you mentioned that many of us are familiar with. 

I just reckon Rio or Moscow make for better stories and settings. These kind of things are on the rise in Australia (living in it's closest neighbour) I watch their cop chase/crime video full of trailer trash tv progs, but compared to the rivals it'd be pretty low down on my wish list.

However, I think Australia would be an excellent location for RDR

tipplur
  • tipplur

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 02:05 AM

vegas area would be neat because of the grand canyon but that would be a huge waste of space after a few explorations

EyeMacHunt
  • EyeMacHunt

Tank Hunter

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 02:06 AM

Brazil. The favelas, mountains, beaches, drugs, street sport and violence. Perfect.

Although I voted for Australia because it is where I live. Too boring here, would be too unbelievable. 

GtaNerdd
  • GtaNerdd

GTA By Religion. Liverpool. 22. WHATS APPENIN!

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 02:06 AM

WIll defanitely be vice city, they have covered Los Santos an Liberty City in next gen graphics, next stop Vice City... I HOPE!

• nexoric likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users