Quantcast

» «
Photo

Where should the next GTA take place?

272 replies to this topic

Poll: Next GTA city (297 member(s) have cast votes)

Which city would make for the best location in the next GTA?

1. New York City (3 votes [1.01%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.01%

2. London (48 votes [16.16%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 16.16%

3. Chicago (22 votes [7.41%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.41%

4. Dubai (11 votes [3.70%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.70%

5. Miami (84 votes [28.28%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 28.28%

6. Las Vegas (38 votes [12.79%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 12.79%

7. Los Angeles (2 votes [0.67%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 0.67%

8. Detroit (14 votes [4.71%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.71%

9. Hawaii (11 votes [3.70%] - View)

10. New Orleans (12 votes [4.04%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.04%

11. Philedelphia (4 votes [1.35%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.35%

12. Other American City (Baltimore, Atlanta, D.C. etc.) (11 votes [3.70%] - View)

13. Other International City (Moscow, Hong Kong, Tokyo, Mexico City etc.) (21 votes [7.07%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.07%

14. None of the above, I'll post in the comments (16 votes [5.39%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.39%

Vote Guests cannot vote
GTASuspectOnFoot
  • GTASuspectOnFoot

Homie

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:18 AM

BALTIMORE, PHILIDELPHIA, ATLANTIC CITY

Rafe
  • Rafe

Mark Chump

• Members

Or take it to Atlanta, Houston or Memphis

Atlanta and Houston? While i love the cities personally there really is nothing characteristic that identifies them. Chamblee Dunwoody is not Beverly hills. Nothing in the skyline of these cities really stands out, they have no real identifying buildings.

I'm hoping for something a little different than an american city, particularly Vice. Hopefully London, maybe Hong Kong or Tokyo. Still GTA's mythos penetrates into the soul of the city and spills it out before us. I am not sure how they will present the culture and behavioral eccentricities of massive eastern cities. Maybe Dubai. Perhaps Mumbai. 

Amigo Mane
  • Amigo Mane

YG Amigo

• Members

Snatch is one of the best films of all times lmao "You silly, fat b*stard" so many quotable lines from that movie...

Hmm San Francisco seems a lil dull to me, but that's just me...Boston could be cool...

But I could definitely see London working!

Uhh...What about a certain part of Australia? Maybe Melnbourne (spelling) Or Sydney? Bit of a wild card I know...

Oh that movie is golden. You know what is a bit unrelated but definitely doesn't get the credit it deserves? The Big Lebowski, I saw for the first time a few weeks ago, and it's my new favorite movie overall. I can't get enough of the hilarity. And actually, while playing GTA V it reminded me of The Big Lebowski in some ways, maybe if you seen it you could help me describe why, I dunno though.

As for San Fran, I was just brainstorming, seems like a great city, only been there once on a 2 week trip, but that was 2007. I'm sure it would be a cool place for a sims game but not so much for GTA, My issue with Australian cities is I don't know enough about them to comment on whether or not and why they would be good locations for a GTA game. 

It sure is, every person's acting was on point, Brad Pitt, Jason Statham & Vinnie Jones all had me in stitches...

Can't say I've seen that film, I'll try & watch it soon & get back to you on that one lol.

Hmm with the Australian setting, you would get the city, the beach & the rural environment, danger from wild animals such as crocs, sharks, jellyfish, snakes etc. They have all the right cars over there & I do believe there to be quite a big drug scene & even some gang violence...May be a winner there lol

bmajede
  • bmajede

Plawres Sanshiro.

• Members

Vice City or Florida.

GamerPatriot
  • GamerPatriot

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:20 AM

What about a Mega city that had pieces of the largest city in the world combined?

Tokyo, New York city, London, Moscow, rio de janeiro, etc. 

chainsoar
  • chainsoar

The Motorcycle Mercenary

• Members
  • England

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:20 AM

How about, none of the real world settings any of you have mentioned, because R* have been crafting a fictional universe based around the cities featured in the very first game for over 15 years now?

Amigo Mane
  • Amigo Mane

YG Amigo

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:21 AM

Atlanta and Houston? While i love the cities personally there really is nothing characteristic that identifies them. Chamblee Dunwoody is not Beverly hills. Nothing in the skyline of these cities really stands out, they have no real identifying buildings.

I'm hoping for something a little different than an american city, particularly Vice. Hopefully London, maybe Hong Kong or Tokyo. Still GTA's mythos penetrates into the soul of the city and spills it out before us. I am not sure how they will present the culture and behavioral eccentricities of massive eastern cities. Maybe Dubai. Perhaps Mumbai. 

With Houston & Memphis I was thinking of the Rap culture such as Master P, Three 6 Mafia, DJ Screw, ESG, that Swangin n Bangin vibe & tearin the club up...

Blunt Force Trauma
  • Blunt Force Trauma

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:22 AM

love Vice City, would like to see Philly because i'm from there or Baltimore would be fun. they could easily do the entire NE region from Baltimore, DC, AC, Philly, NYC, Boston next. 

Dallas/Ft Worth is actually incredibly huge and populated, but it's boring suburbia mostly

Again with Vice City? Aye. Philly and Baltimore would be interesting, me thinks. I agree that a multiple-city world would be the f*cking bomb, but with current generation consoles and hard disks, I wonder what their maximum for content is, because I'm thinking that the whole New England region would be a bit too much, but three cities, a really large one like LA, Chicago, or NYC followed by two relatively smaller ones could be possibly for them to pull off, even three micro-cities would give you a chance to get a different feel. You could play in a West Coast city, take a plane, fly inland to the Mid West, and the take the game to the South or the East Coast to help diversify the experience.

Wasn't GTA 3 set in Portland? Seattle sounds good...Never really seen much of Denver to make a judgement...

Seattle... hmmm... Perpetual Rain? I kid the people of Seattle, I actually think that could work very well. I imagine, from what I've seen in movies and print, that it might feel like a colder, cloudier, rainier, greener version of GTA V's Los Santos. I don't know off the top of my head how big Seattle is but I'm sure it's metropolitan area matches up with LS/LA. I think it would be beautiful though, misty, lush mountains surrounding a vibrant yet modest urban sprawl that is Seattle. Yeah I can't comment on Denver either, maybe someone could pitch in on that one.

They should make a three city game again, like San Andreas.

Also the wilderness areas should be woods...no more desert please.

I'd like to see Seattle, Portland (Oregon), and Denver.

I've been saying that for a while. I'm not sure what kind of limitations there on the computing power for current generation games but I don't think you could have LA, Chicago and NYC in one "playable" area. It would probably be one huge city like the previous three mentioned, followed by two smaller cities, like Detroit or Pittsburg.... Hey, what about those?

TrevorPhilipsInc
  • TrevorPhilipsInc

Mark Chump

• Members

Vice City or London...Being able to gun down some true blue snobs would make my day.

Amigo Mane
  • Amigo Mane

YG Amigo

• Members

Vice City or Florida.

W/out trying to sound like a d*ck, Vice City was based on Miami, which is in Florida...

Rafe
  • Rafe

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:23 AM

How about, none of the real world settings any of you have mentioned, because R* have been crafting a fictional universe based around the cities featured in the very first game for over 15 years now?

But the world rockstar creates is based around real world locations. Certainly you are not suggesting Rockstar is going to do GTA Gotham city or San Angelos(demolition man)

Okiri
  • Okiri

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:25 AM

Puerto Rico, nothing else to say, over 1000 assassinations in a year, and is not a gigantic place to say.  There's beaches, drugs, cars, pretty places, ugly places, everything a gta title needs.

Amigo Mane
  • Amigo Mane

YG Amigo

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:27 AM

Lol Jamaica or even Cuba (I'm half Cuban lmao) 

Rafe
  • Rafe

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:29 AM

With Houston & Memphis I was thinking of the Rap culture such as Master P, Three 6 Mafia, DJ Screw, ESG, that Swangin n Bangin vibe & tearin the club up...

That isn't enough to create a soul or identity of the city. That kinda information is accessible to some but i wasn't even aware there was a rap culture. When we think about LA though we think about the vacuous lifestyles of the ultra rich, the plastic surgery, the excessive consumerism. We can think about the gang violence in south LA or the highway chases. The helicopters constantly orbiting the sea of lights. This is all knowledge we all have about LA

Houston is such a generic city. Sure it's  a great place to shop but nothing really stands out about it. Carrying a game on rap culture itself will only appeal to people with specialized knowledge about rap music and it's origins. 

Virazol
  • Virazol

Snitch

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:31 AM

The North Pole! Then you could have an assassination mission to kill Santy Clause! 

GamerPatriot
  • GamerPatriot

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:33 AM

A city made up of more cities. It's the only way to go now since all the cities in the game are islands anyways. 

elbilly
  • elbilly

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:33 AM

Why not a multi-city international setting, NY, Tokyo, London, Monte Carlo, Rio the game can be as big as it wants if the next gen consoles deliver the power they claim

• GamerPatriot likes this

Amigo Mane
  • Amigo Mane

YG Amigo

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:35 AM

Well no so much just rap but hustling too, I like to work my way up from the bottom over time in a game, not just be given everything straight away, I wanna have to work for it...

You're probably right about Houston & Memphis though, but ATL def needs a look.

It's gritty down there.

In all honesty I just want a game with a similar vibe to San Andreas but with the next gen graphics & physics lol

GTASuspectOnFoot
  • GTASuspectOnFoot

Homie

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:35 AM

Detroit, Minneapolis, Toronto

Fallout3
  • Fallout3

Cereal Killer

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:36 AM

Come on guys. Many of the places you've all mentioned are boring. Bring it back to Las Venturas. Imagine The Strip on next-gen consoles. All that gambling. Jumping off the Stratosphere. 

GTASuspectOnFoot
  • GTASuspectOnFoot

Homie

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:38 AM

Atlantic City should replace Las Vegas, that way it can be paired with eastern cities.

Blunt Force Trauma
  • Blunt Force Trauma

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:40 AM

imo GTA wouldnt fit well outside the US, there just aren't enough gun crazy cities. Brazil could work i guess, or Mexico City

edit- add Johannesburg to possible areas

More than enough gun crazy places in the world that make any place in the US look like a picnic in the park.

Yeah anywhere in South/Central America or Africa, maybe South-East Asia too, has enough 'gun crazy places" to be fitting of a GTA game, I'm just not sure, as someone else mentioned, that the developers would be able to capture the culture of those cities like they have with Las Vegas, LA and New York. 

I wouldn't be too bummed if they did modern Vice City.
I think a London game is looong overdue, though.

I could see them going outside the wood work for the next one and possibly using Canada, what with all the V references.

I didn't really notice Trevor's accent at first, but upon hearing his usage of "eh" and how he says "out" just cracked me up. Whenever I would play Skyrim, I couldn't help but imagine if it were a game like GTA, in the future/modern age, what city would it be? I know it's largely based on Europe, and Nordic/Scandanavian Lore, but it just gave me a Canadian vibe. Isn't Bethesda a Canadian developer?

Well I think a lot of people would classify Hong Kong, London and Tokyo in the same league as NYC but I think Chicago has "soul" too that R* could present reasonably well. Of course, You hooked me in with Dubai and Mumbai. I haven't seen much of the latter but I've seen Dubai, and man, that place is probably one of the most beautiful cities I've ever seen.

Snatch is one of the best films of all times lmao "You silly, fat b*stard" so many quotable lines from that movie...

Hmm San Francisco seems a lil dull to me, but that's just me...Boston could be cool...

But I could definitely see London working!

Uhh...What about a certain part of Australia? Maybe Melnbourne (spelling) Or Sydney? Bit of a wild card I know...

Oh that movie is golden. You know what is a bit unrelated but definitely doesn't get the credit it deserves? The Big Lebowski, I saw for the first time a few weeks ago, and it's my new favorite movie overall. I can't get enough of the hilarity. And actually, while playing GTA V it reminded me of The Big Lebowski in some ways, maybe if you seen it you could help me describe why, I dunno though.

As for San Fran, I was just brainstorming, seems like a great city, only been there once on a 2 week trip, but that was 2007. I'm sure it would be a cool place for a sims game but not so much for GTA, My issue with Australian cities is I don't know enough about them to comment on whether or not and why they would be good locations for a GTA game. 

It sure is, every person's acting was on point, Brad Pitt, Jason Statham & Vinnie Jones all had me in stitches...

Can't say I've seen that film, I'll try & watch it soon & get back to you on that one lol.

Hmm with the Australian setting, you would get the city, the beach & the rural environment, danger from wild animals such as crocs, sharks, jellyfish, snakes etc. They have all the right cars over there & I do believe there to be quite a big drug scene & even some gang violence...May be a winner there lol

Well I almost forgot about the dangerous wild life inhabiting Australia. You might be on to something there.

What about a Mega city that had pieces of the largest city in the world combined?

Tokyo, New York city, London, Moscow, rio de janeiro, etc. 

That would be a whole new direction for R*, because while there is no LIBERTY CITY, it blatantly based on New York City, so while "copying" albeit creatively, other cities has been their forte, I'm all for a huge, mega city that isn't based on any one place in particular.

tipplur
  • tipplur

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:45 AM

south would be DC/virginia and north would be Boston, you would have all the gov't agencies and the white mountains to snowboard in, beaches of NJ, drug streets of baltimore, philly main line, NYC, boston harbor.. would be epic

Youppi
  • Youppi

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:54 AM

well.. since the whole idea of GTA was to give americans a taste on how the world looked upon them, I guess it sorta has to stay in the US? I mean common, what better country to pick on, than the united states of nazi?

but since dan/sam is from the UK, they could do a spinoff over there just for laughs.. wouldn't be that fun tho :/ crappy lighting with all the rain and fog all the time lol!

• Blunt Force Trauma likes this

Blunt Force Trauma
  • Blunt Force Trauma

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:57 AM

Wow, I must have been the only one with Chicago on my mind. I hope I didn't come off as arrogant or a narcissistic homer when I said I think Chicago has the makings for a GTA title. But here's a couple that other people have said that I really like and think could work out very well. 

(Sorry if I don't "credit" you, I wasn't paying attention to names)

Rio
Australia (Which city again? Sydney?)
Dubai

What about Bangkok? I'm not a fan of the place per se, but if Chicago don't cut the cheese and Vice City does, what about Bankok? How are most of you people formulating your opinion anyway? 

I think a would-be GTA city should have several of any of the following, (all the better) Guns, Drugs, Crime, Clubs, Strippers/Prostitutes, Beaches, High rises/Sky Scrapers, Downtown, Gambling, Corruption, Night Life, Entertainment, Water front/Rivers, and Moutains or back woods country side.

Blunt Force Trauma
  • Blunt Force Trauma

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:58 AM Edited by Blunt Force Trauma, 25 September 2013 - 01:03 AM.

well.. since the whole idea of GTA was to give americans a taste on how the world looked upon them, I guess it sorta has to stay in the US? I mean common, what better country to pick on, than the united states of nazi?

but since dan/sam is from the UK, they could do a spinoff over there just for laughs.. wouldn't be that fun tho :/ crappy lighting with all the rain and fog all the time lol!

As hilarious as your comment was, I do believe london has more to offer than that no? And yes, I totally agree about your statement that GTA is a parody of American life, thus it should stay in America. I'm not against moving it outside the US, but it could be a sink or swim situation for the developers, best to stick to your guns and do what works if you're R* 

Heath_89
  • Heath_89

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 01:01 AM

I think London would be fun, or Miami (Vice City). :)

London would be a better idea as its something different to America, its a great city and nothing beats the British sense of humor in my opinion so

they could really work with that.

Terminus
  • Terminus

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 01:02 AM

Vice City has waited long enough.

Amigo Mane
  • Amigo Mane

YG Amigo

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 01:03 AM

Wow, I must have been the only one with Chicago on my mind. I hope I didn't come off as arrogant or a narcissistic homer when I said I think Chicago has the makings for a GTA title. But here's a couple that other people have said that I really like and think could work out very well. 

(Sorry if I don't "credit" you, I wasn't paying attention to names)

Rio
Australia (Which city again? Sydney?)
Dubai

What about Bangkok? I'm not a fan of the place per se, but if Chicago don't cut the cheese and Vice City does, what about Bankok? How are most of you people formulating your opinion anyway? 

I think a would-be GTA city should have several of any of the following, (all the better) Guns, Drugs, Crime, Clubs, Strippers/Prostitutes, Beaches, High rises/Sky Scrapers, Downtown, Gambling, Corruption, Night Life, Entertainment, Water front/Rivers, and Moutains or back woods country side.

I think Chicago would work really well, didn't notice you post that before, half asleep lmao, but yeah that could work, regardless of what Watchdogs is doing, that's a different game, whoever said that lol. True Crime already made New York before GTA did Liberty City so what's the big deal?

& yeah Sydney or Melbourne...

Never really seen much of Bangkok to judge it...

Detroit though?

Harwood-Butcher
  • Harwood-Butcher

Snitch

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 01:04 AM

Chicago or Detroit

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users