Quantcast

» «
Photo

Where should the next GTA take place?

272 replies to this topic

Poll: Next GTA city (297 member(s) have cast votes)

Which city would make for the best location in the next GTA?

1. New York City (3 votes [1.01%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.01%

2. London (48 votes [16.16%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 16.16%

3. Chicago (22 votes [7.41%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.41%

4. Dubai (11 votes [3.70%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.70%

5. Miami (84 votes [28.28%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 28.28%

6. Las Vegas (38 votes [12.79%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 12.79%

7. Los Angeles (2 votes [0.67%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 0.67%

8. Detroit (14 votes [4.71%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.71%

9. Hawaii (11 votes [3.70%] - View)

10. New Orleans (12 votes [4.04%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.04%

11. Philedelphia (4 votes [1.35%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.35%

12. Other American City (Baltimore, Atlanta, D.C. etc.) (11 votes [3.70%] - View)

13. Other International City (Moscow, Hong Kong, Tokyo, Mexico City etc.) (21 votes [7.07%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.07%

14. None of the above, I'll post in the comments (16 votes [5.39%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.39%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Blunt Force Trauma
  • Blunt Force Trauma

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:29 PM Edited by Blunt Force Trauma, 25 September 2013 - 06:39 AM.

I know the game's only been out for a week, but a lot of you had to be thinking of it already. Now if it were up to you, where would you want to play GTA at? Now when you see the Real World city names like "Chicago" an "Detroit" that is merely referring to the city you would like the developers to model their setting after, like how Vice City is essentially Miami, Los Santos is LA and Liberty City is basically New York. Rockstar would maintain artistic integrity and ingenuity to make the city feel distinct from it's real-life counterpart all the while emulating some of the prominent features, like landmarks, local culture, weather/conditions, overall location relative to other cities etc. 

See me, I would choose Chicago. I live in Chicago, and if you haven't lived here, then it's hard to comprehend and appreciate just how huge it actually is, and there is plenty to do here even if it isn't nearly as big as NYC (since people love to make that comparison). But I'd say, if scaled fully, there'd be as much space and stuff to do as they've had in the past couple of GTA titles, certainly from a gameplay stand point.

Think about it! Chinatown anyone, or the various ghettos/barrios? That not your thing, what about going Downtown? You could explore the city, scale or land on the Sears Tower (or it's R* rip off I should say), have car chases through Lower Whacker Drive, shop at the Loop and Navy Pier, play volleyball at Oakstreet Beach, go fishing or boating on Lake Michigan. O'Hare Interational Airport should be home to a lot fun toys to steal and joy ride in. It's also home to the Hawks, Cubs, Sox and the Bears, and the in-game versions could open up doors for sporting events at the stadium or on tv, gambling on the winning team, or even playing fantasy sports! All possible on these next generation consoles I'm sure. 

For real though My main reasons are because, firstly, Chicago is unique in a myriad of aspects, instantly recognizable by it's history, culture, skyline, and architecture. It's absolutely massive in its own right and besides, cities like LA and NYC have been done death in a seemingly endless loop of pop culture, from video games to movies, if you haven't noticed by now. 

It has the character, it has the diversity, it has the scale, it has the scope, it has the beauty to be the play ground of the next GTA title to be released some years from now. Do you agree? Have a different city in mind? What do you think? Tell me in the comments section.

Jrballe_july_2004_chicago_skyline_at_nig

71444546_da1163025b_o.jpg

chicago-cityscape.jpg

320770754_d57f531c8d.jpg

Chicago%20Cityscape%20HDR%20wallpaper%20

Chicago_sunrise_2b.jpg

• Yogi-Chi likes this

ryan6265123
  • ryan6265123

Peon

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:30 PM

I know the game's only been out for a week, but a lot of you had to be thinking of it already. Now if it were up to you, where would you want to play GTA at?

See me, my first R* game was GTA 2, I never played Vice City or San Andreas so I can understand the hardon you guys have for LA, but I would choose Chicago. I live in Chicago, and if you haven't lived here there's no way you can appreciate how big it is, and there is plenty to do here even if it isn't as big as NYC (since people love to make that comparison), about as much as they put in the previous couple of GTA titles, certainly from a gameplay stand point. My main reasons are because, firstly, Chicago is many ways is unique, instantly recognizable, massive in its own right and besides, cities like LA and NYC have been done death in a seemingly endless loop of pop culture, from video games to movies, if you haven't noticed by now. 

It has the character, it has the scale, it has the scope, it has the beauty to be the play ground of the next GTA title to be released some years from now. Do you agree? Have a different city in mind? What do you think? Tell me in the comments section.

No, Chicago is a big NO-NO! Watch Dogs is set in Chicago, so Ubisoft would be able to sue R* for copying.

If I had my say, I would want modern day version of Red Dead Redemption map.

TiddleyWinker
  • TiddleyWinker

Trick

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:31 PM

Outside of North America.

• atheos and HighViscosity like this

lazedout
  • lazedout

Snitch

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:36 PM

Africa

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:37 PM

at your mommas house

Blunt Force Trauma
  • Blunt Force Trauma

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:38 PM Edited by Blunt Force Trauma, 24 September 2013 - 11:39 PM.

I know the game's only been out for a week, but a lot of you had to be thinking of it already. Now if it were up to you, where would you want to play GTA at?

See me, my first R* game was GTA 2, I never played Vice City or San Andreas so I can understand the hardon you guys have for LA, but I would choose Chicago. I live in Chicago, and if you haven't lived here there's no way you can appreciate how big it is, and there is plenty to do here even if it isn't as big as NYC (since people love to make that comparison), about as much as they put in the previous couple of GTA titles, certainly from a gameplay stand point. My main reasons are because, firstly, Chicago is many ways is unique, instantly recognizable, massive in its own right and besides, cities like LA and NYC have been done death in a seemingly endless loop of pop culture, from video games to movies, if you haven't noticed by now. 

It has the character, it has the scale, it has the scope, it has the beauty to be the play ground of the next GTA title to be released some years from now. Do you agree? Have a different city in mind? What do you think? Tell me in the comments section.

No, Chicago is a big NO-NO! Watch Dogs is set in Chicago, so Ubisoft would be able to sue R* for copying.

If I had my say, I would want modern day version of Red Dead Redemption map.

Well, I didn't know that, but tell me how Ubisoft could sue R* for using a globally recognized city as it's setting? What sort of lawsuits have been brought up regarding production companies and their works of fictional video games and movies using LA or New York City as the setting? Do you perhaps have a uh... I don't know, BETTER reason? Something based on gameplay aspects of a Chicago-set GTA?

Blunt Force Trauma
  • Blunt Force Trauma

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:41 PM

Africa

Africa... Nice... Care to elaborate? Where in africa? That place is like North America and China combined man. What city?

Neoflite
  • Neoflite

Rat

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:43 PM

Africa

Africa... Nice... Care to elaborate? Where in africa? That place is like North America and China combined man. What city?

Has got to be Nairobi, they know how to handle a gun there IRL..

Amigo Mane
  • Amigo Mane

YG Amigo

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:43 PM

Uhh...Could be nice to see a UK setting for a change, not seen a decent UK based free-roam game since The Getaway...

London or Manchester?

Or take it to Atlanta, Houston or Memphis

Pepsi-Cola
  • Pepsi-Cola

Pittsburgh,PA

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:44 PM

I would like to see England. That or they can go back the Miami and do another Vice City set in the 80s. 

Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:45 PM

Carcer city.

Amigo Mane
  • Amigo Mane

YG Amigo

• Members

Or a modern day Miami, could have Raider Klan provide a lot of the music (google them)

webbm1
  • webbm1

Crackhead

• Members

Living in England, I really wouldn't want it set here. Maybe Las Vegas or Miami. Or I think abit like Red Dead with a International Border.

Amigo Mane
  • Amigo Mane

YG Amigo

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:47 PM

Oh, what about Mexico?

Amigo Mane
  • Amigo Mane

YG Amigo

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:48 PM

Philadelphia too

Harwood-Butcher
  • Harwood-Butcher

Snitch

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:48 PM

Carcer city.

Can't be Carcer City, that place is suppose to be f***ed up.

Has to be Vice City and then London but would they call it London?

I can't see Rockstar trying to map a real London map but who knows.

Blunt Force Trauma
  • Blunt Force Trauma

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:58 PM

Uhh...Could be nice to see a UK setting for a change, not seen a decent UK based free-roam game since The Getaway...

London or Manchester?

Or take it to Atlanta, Houston or Memphis

I wouldn't mind GTA being set outside of North America, I think that would be awesome, but it's not like America is boring. I mean I'd like to go to London as much as the next guy, because one of my favorite movies are Lock, Stock, And Two Smoking Barrels and SNATCH and those movies remind me of a GTA game. Memphis, Atlanta and Houston, I could see that, but I thought one of the complaints of sand-box/open world games is not giving the players enough room/space to do their free-roaming? Chicago proper is definitely big enough to accommodate those demands, and exceed them, as well as some other cities mentioned below that I'll get to.

I would like to see England. That or they can go back the Miami and do another Vice City set in the 80s. 

Ok, everyone is entitled to their opinion, but LV? Again? Or I'm sorry, "VIce CIty"? C'mon man, another location that's so repetitive by now, so mainstream and overrated. Can't we do better? When you start shouting "Miami" or "Vice City", then I start to climb in the boat with the people saying it should take place somewhere besides North America, like London or something.

Living in England, I really wouldn't want it set here. Maybe Las Vegas or Miami. Or I think abit like Red Dead with a International Border.

What's wrong with London as the setting? I don't live there so I couldn't possibly know, care to educate us?

Philadelphia too

That would pretty cool, I was thinking Boston or San Francisco but I'm beginning to think those place don't have enough "going on", not enough variety, too "oldy" no?

Amigo Mane
  • Amigo Mane

YG Amigo

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:03 AM

Snatch is one of the best films of all times lmao "You silly, fat b*stard" so many quotable lines from that movie...

Hmm San Francisco seems a lil dull to me, but that's just me...Boston could be cool...

But I could definitely see London working!

Uhh...What about a certain part of Australia? Maybe Melnbourne (spelling) Or Sydney? Bit of a wild card I know...

GTASuspectOnFoot
  • GTASuspectOnFoot

Homie

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:06 AM

They should make a three city game again, like San Andreas.

Also the wilderness areas should be woods...no more desert please.

I'd like to see Seattle, Portland (Oregon), and Denver.

Amigo Mane
  • Amigo Mane

YG Amigo

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:08 AM

Wasn't GTA 3 set in Portland? Seattle sounds good...Never really seen much of Denver to make a judgement...

Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:09 AM

Carcer city.

Can't be Carcer City, that place is suppose to be f***ed up.

Has to be Vice City and then London but would they call it London?

I can't see Rockstar trying to map a real London map but who knows.

f*cked up in what way? Looks just f*cked up enough for a decent GTA game to me.

tipplur
  • tipplur

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:11 AM Edited by tipplur, 25 September 2013 - 12:12 AM.

love Vice City, would like to see Philly because i'm from there or Baltimore would be fun. they could easily do the entire NE region from Baltimore, DC, AC, Philly, NYC, Boston next. 

Dallas/Ft Worth is actually incredibly huge and populated, but it's boring suburbia mostly

Blunt Force Trauma
  • Blunt Force Trauma

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:11 AM

Snatch is one of the best films of all times lmao "You silly, fat b*stard" so many quotable lines from that movie...

Hmm San Francisco seems a lil dull to me, but that's just me...Boston could be cool...

But I could definitely see London working!

Uhh...What about a certain part of Australia? Maybe Melnbourne (spelling) Or Sydney? Bit of a wild card I know...

Oh that movie is golden. You know what is a bit unrelated but definitely doesn't get the credit it deserves? The Big Lebowski, I saw for the first time a few weeks ago, and it's my new favorite movie overall. I can't get enough of the hilarity. And actually, while playing GTA V it reminded me of The Big Lebowski in some ways, maybe if you seen it you could help me describe why, I dunno though.

As for San Fran, I was just brainstorming, seems like a great city, only been there once on a 2 week trip, but that was 2007. I'm sure it would be a cool place for a sims game but not so much for GTA, My issue with Australian cities is I don't know enough about them to comment on whether or not and why they would be good locations for a GTA game. 

Shaun83
  • Shaun83

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:13 AM

I'd vote for Baltimore, coz I'm a huge fan of the wire! If you wanna take it outside of USA though I vote Johannesburg.
  • Cosmic Gypsy likes this

Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:14 AM Edited by Cosmic Gypsy, 25 September 2013 - 12:15 AM.

I'd vote for Baltimore, coz I'm a huge fan of the wire! If you wanna take it outside of USA though I vote Johannesburg.

Johannesburg is easily the go to place outside of the US for GTA.

EDIT: Or a Brazilian city.

tipplur
  • tipplur

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:14 AM Edited by tipplur, 25 September 2013 - 12:15 AM.

imo GTA wouldnt fit well outside the US, there just aren't enough gun crazy cities. Brazil could work i guess, or Mexico City

edit- add Johannesburg to possible areas

The Head24
  • The Head24

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:15 AM

In my opinion, with the power of next generation, they could do like a gta world, where massive cities have their each own island. Like for example one island could be England, another could be like a little bit of europe, and then again North America. Would make the game really diverse.

awxb
  • awxb

Rat

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:15 AM

Gimme a break. If that was the case Rockstar would've been sued 100x times by now for using Miami and New York as their inspirations.

• Blunt Force Trauma likes this

Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:16 AM

imo GTA wouldnt fit well outside the US, there just aren't enough gun crazy cities. Brazil could work i guess, or Mexico City

edit- add Johannesburg to possible areas

More than enough gun crazy places in the world that make any place in the US look like a picnic in the park.

TonyZimmzy
  • TonyZimmzy

The Bearded Child

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:17 AM

I wouldn't be too bummed if they did modern Vice City.
I think a London game is looong overdue, though.

I could see them going outside the wood work for the next one and possibly using Canada, what with all the V references.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users