Photo

Does GTA V work fine on PS3 Slim?

5 replies to this topic
h4mza
  • h4mza

Get Every Dolla'

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:06 PM

Need a new console to play the game, old 5 year old xbox is half dead, heard about the USB install problem so looks like I'm not buying another xbox but ps3. Thinking of getting a Slim version instead of Super Slim because don't want to spend too much on a console as I will get ps4 in few months. Would you recommend me getting ps3 slim, does this game work well on ps3 slim and not have problems like xbox?

purplebunny
  • purplebunny

Rat

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:22 AM Edited by purplebunny, 25 September 2013 - 12:23 AM.

There's no telling. On the thread before this:

"Hi guys, i completed xbox360 version without issues, later on ive bought ps3 version(retail disc), and i have from time to time issues with disapearing textures, example, when u kill all enemies at O'Neil ranch(trevor mission) u must take canister with gasoline, and when i was pouring gasoline in the middle of the house textures suddenly disapears, every textures, even outside, i saw only grey big texture and blue sky....i dont know whats the problem, if it is hdd or blu ray...i have ps3 slim 120GB,"

Take a look at some of the threads and you'll see both consoles are having similar issues, with no correlation between hardware, old and new models.

"Have you been having technical issues with GTA V?
  1. Yes - Game has problems installing, borderline / totally unplayable (PS3) (20 votes [6.19%])

2. Yes - Game has problems installing, borderline / totally unplayable (360) (29 votes [8.98%])

3. Yes - The game keeps freezing (PS3) (27 votes [8.36%])

4. bullet_star_rated.png Yes - The game keeps freezing (360) (56 votes [17.34%])

5. Not too bad - there are textures that pop in right in front of me though (either version) (35 votes [10.84%])

6. Not really, but the fans on my PS3 run faster and louder on this game (13 votes [4.02%])

7. Not really, but the fans on my 360 run faster and louder on this game (2 votes [0.62%])

8. Other problems (please post!) (58 votes [17.96%])

9. No problems at all! (83 votes [25.70%])"

EDIT: It may be worth just waiting it out to see if R* address any of this/patch it.

Poker2012chu
  • Poker2012chu

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 04:00 AM Edited by Poker2012chu, 25 September 2013 - 04:01 AM.

There's no telling. On the thread before this:

"Hi guys, i completed xbox360 version without issues, later on ive bought ps3 version(retail disc), and i have from time to time issues with disapearing textures, example, when u kill all enemies at O'Neil ranch(trevor mission) u must take canister with gasoline, and when i was pouring gasoline in the middle of the house textures suddenly disapears, every textures, even outside, i saw only grey big texture and blue sky....i dont know whats the problem, if it is hdd or blu ray...i have ps3 slim 120GB,"

Take a look at some of the threads and you'll see both consoles are having similar issues, with no correlation between hardware, old and new models.

"Have you been having technical issues with GTA V?
  1. Yes - Game has problems installing, borderline / totally unplayable (PS3) (20 votes [6.19%])

2. Yes - Game has problems installing, borderline / totally unplayable (360) (29 votes [8.98%])

3. Yes - The game keeps freezing (PS3) (27 votes [8.36%])

4. bullet_star_rated.png Yes - The game keeps freezing (360) (56 votes [17.34%])

5. Not too bad - there are textures that pop in right in front of me though (either version) (35 votes [10.84%])

6. Not really, but the fans on my PS3 run faster and louder on this game (13 votes [4.02%])

7. Not really, but the fans on my 360 run faster and louder on this game (2 votes [0.62%])

8. Other problems (please post!) (58 votes [17.96%])

9. No problems at all! (83 votes [25.70%])"

EDIT: It may be worth just waiting it out to see if R* address any of this/patch it.

I made that poll actually. In the threads, there seemed to be a correlation on which models are having more problems. To answer your question OP, most of the complaints on the PS3 are coming from older PS3 fat models and the super slim models, but the regular slim models seem to fare much better. I have only heard of one or two people complaining of problems specifically on a regular 120 or 160 GB slim compared to the many complaining about their 250 GB slim having major problems. Coincidence? Maybe.

Finaldeath
  • Finaldeath

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 10:36 AM

I have a 120gb slim ps3 and have no issues playing the game.

seanforever
  • seanforever

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 10:47 AM

I have a PS3 slim and this game makes loading sounds constantly. I don't know if its the laser reading the disc or its the HDD. Other games make the sound too, periodically. but GTAV its just constantly click click click 

Outside of that, it runs flawlessly

h4mza
  • h4mza

Get Every Dolla'

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 11:43 AM

Hmmm looks like more people have problems on xbox than ps3, I think I'll get a 120gb ps3 slim and try the game out.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users