Photo

free aim sucks due input-lag...

11 replies to this topic
iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 24 September 2013 - 09:06 PM Edited by iNero, 24 September 2013 - 09:08 PM.

Free aim in V is a mess... you have situations where aiming works well and in other situations the input lag makes it a mess..
From what I can tell its NOT the framerate. More a latency issue.
And its not my TV as other games work well.
R* should look at Dice. They did an awesome job with BF3 at 30fps. Aiming feels so smooth on the xbox since they patched the input lag with the CQ patch.
I hope R* fixes this cause this is not "fun and responsive" at all...

And I play all R* Games with free aim. MP3 was awesome with free aim. RDR was ok and even GTA4 was fun.
Btw:
Why does free aim still has a huge amount of aim assist in V?

Diesleman
  • Diesleman

If thou' ist wanting some, thou' shall receive.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 13 October 2013 - 02:57 PM

I know, I love mp3 and rdr but the free aiming in this game is so f*cking clunky it drives me mad at times.

LAS3R_SpectruM
  • LAS3R_SpectruM

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 03:36 AM

Free aim in V is a mess... you have situations where aiming works well and in other situations the input lag makes it a mess..
From what I can tell its NOT the framerate. More a latency issue.
And its not my TV as other games work well.
R* should look at Dice. They did an awesome job with BF3 at 30fps. Aiming feels so smooth on the xbox since they patched the input lag with the CQ patch.
I hope R* fixes this cause this is not "fun and responsive" at all...

And I play all R* Games with free aim. MP3 was awesome with free aim. RDR was ok and even GTA4 was fun.
Btw:
Why does free aim still has a huge amount of aim assist in V?

Yeah, I can only agree :/

xlightscreen
  • xlightscreen

Rat

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 04:50 AM

Its not lag input, its the way the shooting mechanics are set up. They have a gradual increase in aim speed instead of a instant. I.E it takes a second or to to reach full aiming speed. GTA was never met to be a extreme competitive shooter so don't expect to much changed in that department.

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 05:05 AM Edited by Chukkles, 14 November 2013 - 05:06 AM.

Free aim has no aim assist...
Though assisted aim does.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 14 November 2013 - 01:59 PM

it has aim assist. its more than obvious....

I get headshots like 50% of the time...

John The Grudge
  • John The Grudge

Gangsta

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 14 November 2013 - 03:33 PM

Input lag is caused by your TV not the game.  My tv has low input lag (one of the reasons I chose it) and the free-aim is very responsive for me.  Many modern TVs have very bad input lag.  It's worth consulting a good TV review site before purchasing one.  A few sites measure the input lag.

This site is a good one:

http://www.hdtvtest.co.uk/

John The Grudge
  • John The Grudge

Gangsta

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 14 November 2013 - 03:39 PM

it has aim assist. its more than obvious....

I get headshots like 50% of the time...

It really doesn't.  There is a soft lock option that gives a little aim assist and I think there's also an option that has more obvious auto-aim.  The free aim option has no assistance at all though.

lazy.
  • lazy.

could you PLEASE stop using that f*cking blue font?!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 November 2013 - 03:47 PM

Free-aim is fine. It's your TV.

Lelouch vi Britannia
  • Lelouch vi Britannia

Zero

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 November 2013 - 03:51 PM

Free-aim is fine. It's your TV.

It could also be the brand of the TV. I have Sanyo and it's f*cking horrendous with input lag.

spamtackey
  • spamtackey

Business Socks

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 04:17 PM

Input lag is caused by your TV not the game.  My tv has low input lag (one of the reasons I chose it) and the free-aim is very responsive for me.  Many modern TVs have very bad input lag.  It's worth consulting a good TV review site before purchasing one.  A few sites measure the input lag.

This site is a good one:

Might also be worth it for him to see if his TV has a game mode or something. My Samsung has very slight input lag unless I turn on game mode. I had to go back and set up most of my video settings again, but it was worth it for the lack of lag. 

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 14 November 2013 - 05:50 PM

This site is a good one:

Might also be worth it for him to see if his TV has a game mode or something. My Samsung has very slight input lag unless I turn on game mode. I had to go back and set up most of my video settings again, but it was worth it for the lack of lag. 

it isnt my TV at all. I have no input lag even in other 30 FPS games like BF3 ( obviously there always is a delay but you dont notice )

only games with fps drops under 30 FPS have this. and GTA5 is one of them. under 20 FPS sometimes ( source DigitalFoundry analysis)

You cant aim quick at all with this crap.

and I say it again, free aim has slight aim assist even when most of you dont notice it...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users