Quantcast

» «
Photo

I doubt GTA Online will launch on Oct 1st.

62 replies to this topic
ThatRandomGuy42
  • ThatRandomGuy42

Survey Corps

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 24 September 2013 - 08:53 PM Edited by ThatRandomGuy42, 24 September 2013 - 08:54 PM.

By that, I mean I doubt it will launch properly on October 1st. I believe it won't work the way it should until October 2nd or 3rd.

Call me pessimistic, but am I the only one who thinks we will have crazy server problems Day 1? I Just with all the people making the jump onto online.

Pinnkiepie
  • Pinnkiepie

PIE

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 08:56 PM

There will most definately be some server issues the first days (since so many people will bombard their servers) :D

Expect the worst :)

Lawking10
  • Lawking10

Snitch

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 09:46 PM

There will most definately be some server issues the first days (since so many people will bombard their servers) :D

Expect the worst :)

• smg surgeon likes this

Odysseus
  • Odysseus

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 09:51 PM

Social club is experiencing problems constantly. Online is based around it. OP gonna be right. 

ImBoss450
  • ImBoss450

Im a Boss

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 09:52 PM

Idiot, there are different servers. Plus its not like 1000 people are in one lobby. Goddamn. When people are in different games and flooding it and reaching the 16 player limit, that doesn't determine when online goes down. LMFAO, LMFAOOOOOOOOOO

ImpotentRage
  • ImpotentRage

Judgemental Hypocrite

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 09:53 PM

Idiot, there are different servers. Plus its not like 1000 people are in one lobby. Goddamn. When people are in different games and flooding it and reaching the 16 player limit, that doesn't determine when online goes down. LMFAO, LMFAOOOOOOOOOO

Battlefield games.

ThatRandomGuy42
  • ThatRandomGuy42

Survey Corps

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 24 September 2013 - 09:55 PM

I don't know why, but you strike me as a bit of a arse.

• Longtonguehuey and James Bond 007 like this

Omar Comin
  • Omar Comin

Thug

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 10:07 PM

You're about 15-16, right?

There will be issues, 100%.

DEERxBanshee
  • DEERxBanshee

Badder den dem

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 10:17 PM

Snafu I was thinking the same thing. I think there will be some troubles however.

KeithoMahony
  • KeithoMahony

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 10:19 PM

Hopefully releasing Online after V will have a positive effect.

Paradoxical
  • Paradoxical

Russian

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 10:31 PM

After the trouble with Social Club I expect they'll be working hard to have the online fully working on the release.

Mason27
  • Mason27

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:05 PM

After the trouble with Social Club I expect they'll be working hard to have the online fully working on the release.

I think the Social Club "problems" are just them getting ready for launch.  More than likely it's maintenance, not bugs.  

Itislupus
  • Itislupus

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:07 PM

I foresee issues, Not a complete failure to launch like defiance or ff14:a realm reborn. Hopefully they went a little heavy on the server side and have to bring them offline rather than having to bring them online.

Pinnkiepie
  • Pinnkiepie

PIE

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:35 PM

It was a very good move of them not releasing Online at the same date as normal though :)

Gave them some time to work out the kinks :)

They also had a Closed Beta-test (testing server capacity and other things) during this time, only for Friends and Family though, so hopefully most will be worked out come October 1st-2nd.

ImBoss450
  • ImBoss450

Im a Boss

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:11 AM

I didn't mean to sound like a jackass in my first post guys, but, I think Rockstar Games has got this under control.

Pinnkiepie
  • Pinnkiepie

PIE

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:29 AM

We will just have to wait and see :)

Munx
  • Munx

Homie

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:33 AM

The social club "problems" is likely intentional downtime on rockstars part, the social club features are something that have changed very little in theyr three last games.

As for not releasing 1th, While I wouldn't be suprised if there was launch issues, the 2 weeks extra might very well have been so that they could get a estimate of how much power they needed to keep it steady, the launch week sales figures should give them a good idea.

SideburnGuru
  • SideburnGuru

He'll be a god to them.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:35 AM

Pretty sure they do, think positively. 

They do have a beta going on right now. Trusting that Rockstar is as smart as I give them credit for, they're testing this endlessly. Kinda disapointed I wasn't a beta tester, since I'm on whenever I can since I got it, aka not working and hanging out with my friends, but I'm sure the people they have testing it are more than qualified. 

They still have about.. a week to go till it drops. Meaning testing should continue at least till the third day before it comes out. 

Then they can finalize it, test it once more, and hopefully seal the deal. Then again, there's going to be a MASSIVE number going on. And since Social Club has it's fair share of issues constantly.. 

Pinnkiepie
  • Pinnkiepie

PIE

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:51 AM Edited by Pinnkiepie, 25 September 2013 - 12:51 AM.

Seems like those with Collectors Edition gets more Options :)

As we all know, Grand Theft Auto V’s online component, GTA Online, is set to feature an editor which will allow you image your character after yourself, or anyway you see fit. But how exactly will the character editor work in GTA Online?

According to a recent report by Shacknews, it simply comes down to your DNA. Powered by the hereditary-based creation system, character creation will allow you to pick your character’s appearance by choosing your parent’s heritage and choosing which parent you will most closely resemble using a gene dominance meter.

Those who drop some hefty amounts of cash for the collector’s edition of Grand Theft Auto V will have some more options to play with when it comes to creating your identity in GTA Online, as it will net you the Niko Belic, Claude and Misty customization options. Essentially, they will be parents that you can liken your character to.

Additionally, despite not being online to be able to rank up your character in various activities while offline, it doesn’t mean that they will stop living their life. Your character will be able to continue on with their daily routines and activities, for which you can set guidelines, which will ultimately impact your character’s appearance and skill set.

http://mp1st.com/2013/08/26/gta-online-character-to-be-molded-after-your-dna/

Exitiumx
  • Exitiumx

T.W.O

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 01:20 AM

Bawsaq/snapmatic/social club is linking all GTA V players online. Notice the first few days, it was down most of the time?

I believe they postponed the Online just because they knew there were going to be an influx of players, but needed to determine exactly how many to maybe buy enough servers? So when the Online does actually come, we'll hope to have smooth gameplay on release day! Just my speculation!

kmanmx
  • kmanmx

Peon

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 01:23 AM

Well I couldn't even upload pictures to RGSC in SP for about 4 days, so yeah, i'm going to say the 1st will be an epic fail and you'd be lucky to get much quality play time in at all. And if you do, expect stats to reset and items to go missing for atleast 4 or 5 days. Then expect the obligatory "We did testing to prepare our servers but we underestimated the amount of players" typical kind of bullcrap they give at all major online game launches.

SlicedSebs
  • SlicedSebs

I sell soap...

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:43 AM

Well I couldn't even upload pictures to RGSC in SP for about 4 days, so yeah, i'm going to say the 1st will be an epic fail and you'd be lucky to get much quality play time in at all. And if you do, expect stats to reset and items to go missing for atleast 4 or 5 days. Then expect the obligatory "We did testing to prepare our servers but we underestimated the amount of players" typical kind of bullcrap they give at all major online game launches.

This is my concern. I'm not expecting a complete fiasco of being unable to connect to games, servers being down, etc, but it wouldn't surprise me if stat tracking, item storing and ranking issues flare up instead.

Tbh, as long as the character creator is working on launch day, I could probably live with that. The actual games will likely be completely chaotic for the first couple of days anyway as everyone gets to grip with the mode.

urbanhermit
  • urbanhermit

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:51 AM

I share the concerns of people on here but I found out from someone who develops games, that prior to any MP release there is time spent testing not only with real people but also load testing with bots which should help them fix any issues prior to launch. My understanding is that they can simulate the total amount of playeres playing which, as we all know, will potentially be in the millions :panic:

In Rockstar we trust and all that....

seanjh
  • seanjh

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:59 AM

They have their game sale numbers now, they've probably been load testing extensively while ironing any problems out with beta testers. I'm staying optimistic, I think it will go down without a hitch, or very little at that.

zainzombie
  • zainzombie

PRE-ORDER CANCELLED! *sob sob*

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 10:11 AM Edited by zainzombie, 25 September 2013 - 10:12 AM.

Oh yeah definitely. I still can't access snapmatic properly. Sometimes it still doesn't work. There will definitely be problems.

aR2k
  • aR2k

Playa

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 10:48 AM

You can expect server issues, latency and lost connections, possibly several server restarts during the first 24 hours then its gonna get better. 

I can allmost guarantee it, a game that sold this many copies will have TONS of players trying to get in at launch, and even if they do have enough server power to cope, its basicly impossible to get that amounts of traffic through their ISP's and the consoles online system. (that is if it goes through there).

But once the first rush is over, it should smoothen out.

I say this because i have been on enough game launches to know how much traffic these things cause, and that there is no hardware that is able to cope with it.

Snapabowl
  • Snapabowl

Errl User

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 01:57 PM

You can expect server issues, latency and lost connections, possibly several server restarts during the first 24 hours then its gonna get better. 

I can allmost guarantee it, a game that sold this many copies will have TONS of players trying to get in at launch, and even if they do have enough server power to cope, its basicly impossible to get that amounts of traffic through their ISP's and the consoles online system. (that is if it goes through there).

But once the first rush is over, it should smoothen out.

I say this because i have been on enough game launches to know how much traffic these things cause, and that there is no hardware that is able to cope with it.

I would agree with this statement the most.

The way I see it is this.  I think on the first day, especially the first 10 hours or so, the servers are going to be FLOODED with traffic.  This means probably one of two things.  1, you'll either have a problem getting in and once you're in you're good, or 2, you'll not get in at all for a while.

I really do think this launch will be much smoother than most expect.  It is small amounts of people, 16, running on these worlds.  It isn't like an mmo with thousands of people on one server.  Because of this I think it will run slightly smoother than launches like those.

Who knows for sure.  You can probably expect some sort of traffic on October 1st though, gonna be a swarm of players hopping on.

DeadZombie
  • DeadZombie

Sons Of Ditka - Leader

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 02:08 PM

i dont know. I mean at a gaming company i dont expect them to just go.

"well guys we are having massive problems after stress testing the severs and we are ill prepared despite the positive street date of the online and even tho we are a multi billion dollar company i just dont think we will be ready for this. The date we said we would be ready to release this. Positively." 

just sounds sillly.

Id be patient. its definitely coming out in 5 days. If it has public sever problems thats ok. Ill just go private and play with my friends in there instead of the public.

NO BIG POOPIE.

DaCosta
  • DaCosta

G-T-Addict

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 02:18 PM

Yeah, they're not shy to announce a delay to a major product. Look at GTA V - delayed by half a year - and they gave us plenty of notice.

Santa-SmokinAces
  • Santa-SmokinAces

THR-MC_SANTA

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 03:33 PM Edited by Santa-SmokinAces, 25 September 2013 - 03:33 PM.

i dont know. I mean at a gaming company i dont expect them to just go.

"well guys we are having massive problems after stress testing the severs and we are ill prepared despite the positive street date of the online and even tho we are a multi billion dollar company i just dont think we will be ready for this. The date we said we would be ready to release this. Positively." 

just sounds sillly.

Id be patient. its definitely coming out in 5 days. If it has public sever problems thats ok. Ill just go private and play with my friends in there instead of the public.

NO BIG POOPIE.

Agree with this. Think about it.. GTA:O should have no server problems imo.. they've had time to prepare and they set a date. A multi-billion dollar company shouldn't disappoint .. especially on something as unpretentious as online, which should be a cake walk for Rockstar. There won't be problems. Even if there is, they'll fix it. There won't be that long of a delay.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users