Quantcast

» «
Photo

How will my GTA Online experience be, when I have no friends?

42 replies to this topic
blues3531
  • blues3531

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:21 PM

I'm just curious how all this is going to work with things like property and stuff probably only being linked to one server at a time. I have the same problem as all my friends got the game on 360 and I bought the game for PS3 this time...should've thought about GTA:O and got it on 360...

Pinnkiepie
  • Pinnkiepie

PIE

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:27 PM

Blues

New friends to be had online via PSN though :)

nowaydawg
  • nowaydawg

Rat

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:38 PM

... Wait, let me recap this... you have no friends O_O.

Even i(and i don't have a lot of friends) have 8(IRL Friends with PS3's & GTA V) and a lot of PSN friends to play it.

Maybe he's new on XBL/PSN.

Snapabowl
  • Snapabowl

Errl User

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 08:38 PM

Hey man if you need people to play online with feel free to add me on PSN or Xbox or Social Club!  Always looking for others to play online with.  I'm in your boat not too many of my friends are online gamers.  I will be playing GTA:O on PS3 so feel free to add.

PSN: Snappinbowls

XBL: Nick5700

Social Club: Snapabowl

theshadowfax
  • theshadowfax

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 10:28 PM

I'm in kinda the same boat. All my family members/friends who are gamers and who have it are on the 360, literally all of them. I'm the Sony loving black sheep of the family, and even with my friends and on campus social groups most people seem to be 360 exclusive. 

I hate it because while I've had plenty of great pairups and matches I've had my fair share of morons I didn't know doing their damndest to ruin my experience too. Now with the inclusion of heists which require planning and composed execution I worry the kidiots and the trolls of the world are going to have a field day with us and make it a pain in the ass to be online. I can picture it now, my crew and I planning and executing a flawless heist up to the point some *Chantard comes on mic screaming DESU DESU DESU and lobs some grenades or blows up the getaway car or just SOMETHING.

For what should be obvious reasons I'd like to avoid players like that and stick to people who are either serious about heists, or know how to have fun in freeroam and know how to cut the sh*t when it's heist time. 

If there's anyone on here who likes just goofing around but takes the idea of heists and money making on here seriously, and who'd like to hit me up for some casual online free roam play or to do some heists and job, go for it. I'm available most days in the evenings and recently have been dedicating huge chunks of time to GTA. My PSN is shadowfaxframe. If it's alright I'll go ahead and add my fellow PS3 peeps I see in here when I get home and start up the system, and hey if anyone wants to join my crew or form one mine is listed as The Burned Crew (Yes, I'm a huge Burn Notice fan).

PSN-Chivo_De_leon
  • PSN-Chivo_De_leon

UN Mafia R* Crew

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 03:12 AM

All I have to say if people don't have headset or talk we kill them.

Spitfirex007
  • Spitfirex007

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 03:14 AM

I ask myself the same questions. I have 4 real life friends who play this, and they are rarely on. Guess we'll find out on the 1st

Robke79
  • Robke79

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 07:14 AM

Didn't read the whole topic, but I had the same worries.

I don't have to be a member of a certain crew to play this game online ?

Few people I know play World of Warcraft where there are fixed packs and crews.

I'm not a very experienced online player, so it's all pretty new to me.

Tried it a few times in GTA IV, but was killed almost immediately everytime.... :blink:

Hopefully I can just join in when I want I catch up with other players.

Skellyhell
  • Skellyhell

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 11:21 AM

AS far as im aware theres a matchmaking system, first matches with friends, then crew, then random people

Zupexqt
  • Zupexqt

Rat

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 11:27 AM

I think the main issue if you have no friends will be heists. With the potential for people to just run away with all the money instead of splitting it up, ignoring morals why would you ever split the cash if it's not a punishable offense? You can just reload and get put on a different server and never deal with the players you just screwed again.

I think they should just split the cash automatically at the end of heists. Whilst it is a fun prospect to have this risky feature in game, I think most people online are dicks when it's profitable for them. So 9/10 times you are going to have to kill the person just to get your fair share, which leads to bitterness when they get away which leads to more people just running with all the cash and so on...

djsplash
  • djsplash

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 05:18 PM

If you're on PSN and looking for a group to play with , join the Operators . pm me if interested !

Seedy
  • Seedy

pissin in yer kitchen sink.

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 05:22 PM

I've been wondering the same thing. None of my friends got GTA V (for reasons unknown) so it looks like I'll be starting off a lone wolf. Hopefully I can band together with a good group, but I'm sure I'll be weeding through a bunch of 12 y.o squeakers along the way..

too true

i dont like xbox tbh but i needed to get GTA for the love of it! I got a xim edge though and hooked it all up through my PC so its like playing on PC now. Ill be loner at the start but hopefully i can get some scottish people to play with quickly.. just have to wait n see

lannydee
  • lannydee

Trick

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 05:42 PM

anyone who wants to can join my crew. we have a strict no children allowed rule. we play on xbox.

Hey I just saw your post I am going to request an invite. 

PMDeSan on SC and Huntaholic89 on 360

ok we'll add you on. we'll be doing alot of missions and bank heists but also f*cking around doing stupid sh*t lol.

I also sent a request. my gt is proper tomato

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users