Quantcast

» «
Photo

How will my GTA Online experience be, when I have no friends?

42 replies to this topic
Keymaster.Po
  • Keymaster.Po

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 08:38 PM

How will my GTA Online experience be, when I have no friends?  :panic:

Will I be able to find games easily without friends?

And what will be saved in the online world when I leave a server to join a different server?

Might everyone just kill me because I'm a stranger.. How will I protect myself with no friends?

Will anyone hear me if I use the mic, and when?

Is it possible to be unseen on the radar and map?

So many questions..  :panic:

• lannydee likes this

r0eladn
  • r0eladn

Big Homie

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 24 September 2013 - 08:51 PM

I dont have many xbox friends either.

You are definitely not the only one.

I think it will be ok. You automatically find people who are ok.

ProGamerGov
  • ProGamerGov

Hustler

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 08:54 PM

You can join people or ask people.

Pinnkiepie
  • Pinnkiepie

PIE

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 September 2013 - 08:58 PM

Keymaster Po!

Join a random game, if the people are rude, leave and join another until you find decent people you can work with that aren't bad sports :)

Many new friends to be had online!

bensons
  • bensons

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 09:01 PM

Keymaster Po!

Join a random game, if the people are rude, leave and join another until you find decent people you can work with that aren't bad sports :)

this

Jew Rosenberg
  • Jew Rosenberg

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 09:03 PM

Keymaster Po!

basically just find someone older than 15 and you'll usually be okay.

i have the same problem all my friends have xbox, so would i be able to do the missions solo before i find a crew?

DaCosta
  • DaCosta

G-T-Addict

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 09:08 PM

It's supposed to match-make you with similar levelled gamers. For some heists you may need to request the help of other players but, it they are similar level, they'd want to do the heist too, so there would be a shared objective.

I'm going to guess that the game will automatically match you with players if there are no friends or crew members online at the time of a heist/multi-character mission.

During that mission, the team will want to work together to reap the rewards so you should get sharing and cooperation, rather than attacking each other. Hopefully!

MisterRawgers
  • MisterRawgers

Swindler

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 09:10 PM

I've been wondering the same thing. None of my friends got GTA V (for reasons unknown) so it looks like I'll be starting off a lone wolf. Hopefully I can band together with a good group, but I'm sure I'll be weeding through a bunch of 12 y.o squeakers along the way..

• Seedy likes this

ThatRandomGuy42
  • ThatRandomGuy42

Survey Corps

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 24 September 2013 - 09:12 PM

I've been wondering the same thing. None of my friends got GTA V (for reasons unknown) so it looks like I'll be starting off a lone wolf. Hopefully I can band together with a good group, but I'm sure I'll be weeding through a bunch of 12 y.o squeakers along the way..

Kids are gonna be painful. I can see them trying to run you over and take your stuff while you're in the middle of a heist.

TreFacTor
  • TreFacTor

O.G.

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 September 2013 - 09:17 PM

I only have 9 xbox live friends and 4 of them are family...I know 4 have the game (myself included)...I'm just hoping that the larger heists online can be done solo....I don't like joining "clans" I like to game whenever I want and don't want some overzealous douche having say over whether I can remain a part of the crew because I don't play enough or can't/won't join their game. I liked Red Deads hideouts...they could be done solo...here's hoping.

MuddledMuppet
  • MuddledMuppet

Rat

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 09:17 PM

I'm pretty sure I'll be having plenty of friends to play with once online is released, but I'm more than happy to add anyone who meets the following:

Uses a mic

over 18

Is keen to do heists etc co-operativly but also willing to just mess around sometimes

thinks FUN is more important than KDR

Is friendly!

Is on PS3

able to play afternoons/evenings UK time

I'm particularly keen to meet up with other youtubers and do some collabs, multi view stunts etc

ILOVELOUDPACKS
  • ILOVELOUDPACKS

I'm your pusher

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 09:19 PM

anyone who wants to can join my crew. we have a strict no children allowed rule. we play on xbox.

PMDeSan
  • PMDeSan

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 09:22 PM

I am flying solo as well, but definitely looking for some sort of group. I plan on starting my own crew and recruiting on here and in the game. 

I am on xBox360 and most of my friends only play sports games and they suck at GTA. 

ered
  • ered

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 09:24 PM

... Wait, let me recap this... you have no friends O_O.

Even i(and i don't have a lot of friends) have 8(IRL Friends with PS3's & GTA V) and a lot of PSN friends to play it.

I just can't believe that there a people in the world with a PS3/X360 with like 0-2 PSN/XBL friends.

except if you just got PS3/X360.

PMDeSan
  • PMDeSan

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 09:29 PM Edited by PMDeSan, 24 September 2013 - 09:32 PM.

anyone who wants to can join my crew. we have a strict no children allowed rule. we play on xbox.

Hey I just saw your post I am going to request an invite. 

PMDeSan on SC and Huntaholic89 on 360

Edit: I am 24 so.... not a child. lol

ILOVELOUDPACKS
  • ILOVELOUDPACKS

I'm your pusher

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 09:32 PM

ok we'll add you on. we'll be doing alot of missions and bank heists but also f*cking around doing stupid sh*t lol.

PMDeSan
  • PMDeSan

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 09:38 PM

ok we'll add you on. we'll be doing alot of missions and bank heists but also f*cking around doing stupid sh*t lol.

Perfect. I don't want to stroll the streets broke, but definitely want to enjoy the game for what it is. 

I am pretty good at the game so I will definitely carry my weight. 

ImBoss450
  • ImBoss450

Im a Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:19 AM

What was the point of derailing the topic? This isn't about recruiting for your crew.

• TreFacTor likes this

Munx
  • Munx

Homie

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:36 AM

Personally i have friends, but I intend to start out solo, part of the fun for me will actually be getting to know people by grouping up with "random" people for heists etc or something as simple as robbing a liquor store.

(also saves me from chewing out a rl friend for being a complete nuubcake)

• _KC likes this

sirius89
  • sirius89

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:46 AM

Go to the rockstar social club website and find a crew or wait till GTAO is out and find a crew in-game.

SingingTrout85
  • SingingTrout85

Reserved Semi-Serious Gamer

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:48 AM

I don't really have any friends on either system. Zero on the PS3 (which I'm playing on, since PSN is free), and a handful that I never play with on 360 (in which my gold runs out on the 1st ironically enough).

I'm hoping there is an option to have people join that aren't 'Hostile', meaning they want to play with other players cooperatively, not play and screw everyone over.

At any rate, trying to decide if I should bother getting a cheap headset for the PS3. Probably be running into XBL jerk types anyhow. *sigh*

ILOVELOUDPACKS
  • ILOVELOUDPACKS

I'm your pusher

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:53 AM Edited by ILOVELOUDPACKS, 25 September 2013 - 12:59 AM.

What was the point of derailing the topic? This isn't about recruiting for your crew.

the point is that it was a topic about people who don't have any friends online. so i'm being nice and giving people a chance to meet other people and have a fun time. if you don't like it too bad. i honestly don't get why you care so much. 

GlitzyTomb
  • GlitzyTomb

Homie

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 01:10 AM

Feel free to send me a Friend Request.  I'm on XBox Live and will be playing Monday through Wednesday off and on. GT is same as my username here.

You can just look up some Crews on R* Social Group website too, try Thrillseekers and find a Crew big enough to ensure people on but small enough to not become completely anonymous.  I joined a group that live streams.

Or check out the Crews and Gangs subforum here under GTAV - Multiplayer

tsouryavong13
  • tsouryavong13

I lost on Jeopardy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 September 2013 - 10:25 AM

Or just go solo.

EyeMacHunt
  • EyeMacHunt

Tank Hunter

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 11:33 AM

I think it will be similar to hangman's noose. You play co-op with a few people and add the ones that suit your play style.

I have carried over mates from GTA4 to my crews so we know each other well enough that things should gel quite well online. Problem is they are mainly overseas.

I am hoping that lag won't be as much of an issue as it was in 4, but that was only really a problem in deathmatches.

zainzombie
  • zainzombie

PRE-ORDER CANCELLED! *sob sob*

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:16 PM

Just make sure you are not carrying too much money on you.

ethqpresident
  • ethqpresident

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 03:04 PM

i hear on this. All of the players in my gaming community are like hard core call of duty fans lol. i'll be joining in on games alone. praying to god they don't screw over my pay day!! it may be rough playing solo,or it may work to your advantage. who knew that owning a gaming community/business would be so fun!

BoldCityDigital
  • BoldCityDigital

Covetous Leader

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 03:04 PM

Keymaster Po!

basically just find someone older than 15 and you'll usually be okay.

i have the same problem all my friends have xbox, so would i be able to do the missions solo before i find a crew?

15? LOL 15 year olds are the worst kind.

Find people older than say... 21 and you'll usually be okay... "15" he says... phhhssshhh... lol

ethqpresident
  • ethqpresident

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 03:17 PM

every now and then you can catch a mature youngster...... as i said, every now and then.

SlicedSebs
  • SlicedSebs

I sell soap...

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 03:34 PM

Just offer money and I'm sure you'll find plenty of people willing to be your friend. Works in real life too.

Otherwise, as this thread demonstrates, there are going to be a lot of people for various reasons looking for additional friends to get the most out of GTAO so I don't think you'll be struggling to find people to work with.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users