Photo

GTA Online... The truth.

171 replies to this topic
Juzt
  • Juzt

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:53 PM

But wouldn't this be classed as "leaking" ?

I want to take you seriously and give you the benefit of the doubt but you're contradicting yourself.

Just because you put "supposedly"  doesn't mean you aren't leaking information, Especially when you're trying to convince us you're in a position to "know" these things and as a result totally nullifying the idea that you're just "speculating"

stevean2
  • stevean2

Fast As You Can Fap!

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:53 PM

So Rockstar are planningo n releasing set DLC? happy it's being expanded but I thought it was being CONSTANTLY updated, not just for one year. and I thought they were listening to fans to come up with new content. Hmm..

Josh410
  • Josh410

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:56 PM

And you think this is justified OP?

chatterbox. You got banned? :(

MactoTillDeath
  • MactoTillDeath

Snitch

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:58 PM

I have faith in Mac, as his sources probably are those that were in the "Friends and Family Closed-Beta", but of course he cannot link to the sources, since they're not allowed to say anything until October.

We can only assume for now.

Read what he has written and use your own judgement what will and will not be implemented, be it at release-date or later on.

Thank you Pinnkie. ;)

That's all I was trying to say from the start. You'll always know the difference between a leaker and an actual tester. A tester actually likes their job and won't do anything to compromise it. A leaker is just someone who gets privileged information and regardless of the consequences, refuses to keep it to himself.

You've been on the GTA forums for 4 days, how are you a tester...

Pretty sure I never officially said I was a tester. ;)

Regardless, what does one thing have to do with the other? Are you suggesting that if I was a member of these forums for years that I'd be more credible?

Seems odd considering these forums have nothing to do with, and no affiliation with R* in any way.

ells144
  • ells144

i like franklin because of lamar

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:01 AM

I have faith in Mac, as his sources probably are those that were in the "Friends and Family Closed-Beta", but of course he cannot link to the sources, since they're not allowed to say anything until October.

Read what he has written and use your own judgement what will and will not be implemented, be it at release-date or later on.

Thank you Pinnkie. ;)

That's all I was trying to say from the start. You'll always know the difference between a leaker and an actual tester. A tester actually likes their job and won't do anything to compromise it. A leaker is just someone who gets privileged information and regardless of the consequences, refuses to keep it to himself.

is the sea area bigger than it is in story as rockstar said that there would be many missions involving the sea? 

MactoTillDeath
  • MactoTillDeath

Snitch

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:04 AM Edited by MactoTillDeath, 25 September 2013 - 12:06 AM.

But wouldn't this be classed as "leaking" ?

I want to take you seriously and give you the benefit of the doubt but you're contradicting yourself.

Just because you put "supposedly"  doesn't mean you aren't leaking information, Especially when you're trying to convince us you're in a position to "know" these things and as a result totally nullifying the idea that you're just "speculating"

No man. I already said that R* states that people in their NDA can "discuss privileged information in regards to their experience testing software labeled as 'in development' as long as said information is delivered only by written or spoken means. "

There's also a list of things you can't legally discuss. And then another section about how sharing any form media, be it photos or videos, without express written consent from R* is prohibited.

Juzt
  • Juzt

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:07 AM Edited by Juzt, 25 September 2013 - 12:07 AM.

Ok. So you are a tester..

ells144
  • ells144

i like franklin because of lamar

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:09 AM

Ok. So you are a tester..

well from what i read he is but i we cant confirm this is true until october

MactoTillDeath
  • MactoTillDeath

Snitch

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:09 AM

Thank you Pinnkie. ;)

is the sea area bigger than it is in story as rockstar said that there would be many missions involving the sea? 

The digital area of the world is not extended in online mode. There is, however, different things to do in the water that aren't in SP.

Gutslab
  • Gutslab

Bustre

• Members
  • Bhutan

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:10 AM

Mac, do you think additional vehicles could be added as DLC?

hadrianswall
  • hadrianswall

Rat

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:12 AM Edited by hadrianswall, 25 September 2013 - 12:12 AM.

is there a decent chunk of story missions to get stuck into ?
also gang's , is there a rating on how friendly you are with them ? like in SA ? and is there any other cool features like this ? 

MactoTillDeath
  • MactoTillDeath

Snitch

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:20 AM

Mac, do you think additional vehicles could be added as DLC?

As in makes and models? Yes, there will be. Some will be available for free and released as instant content. When you connect to GTAO it has the ability to check for this type content and download files instantly to make it available. So when they release a new kind of vehicle everyone gets it at once, and it becomes available for purchase with in game currency and transitioned for use by AI in the Online world automatically.

Instant content is only available for small things, but is a pretty cool feature. It's also how they will change building interiors and certain aspects of the world overtime without forcing you to do a complete game update or a DLC content download.

MactoTillDeath
  • MactoTillDeath

Snitch

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:27 AM

is there a decent chunk of story missions to get stuck into ?
also gang's , is there a rating on how friendly you are with them ? like in SA ? and is there any other cool features like this ? 

There's over 500 missions all ready to go. Each mission, excluding one off missions like property missions, is capable of being branched if R* chooses. They can release new missions as any time.

Yes there will be rival crews and crews can compete against each other via the Social Club. Not all features of the Social Club are available just yet, so information is scarce.

You can have alliances with crews, but the mechanics of this are unknown as of yet. Not sure what benefits this will provide to the player.

Also, you can hire other crews for certain missions. This feature was implemented to prevent crews from breaking crew hierarchy.

Elesdee1487
  • Elesdee1487

God's Gift To Women

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:32 AM

This sounds too good to be true. I don't see all of this being in the game, if it were true this would be by far the greatest online experience any game has ever put out, I'm talking World of Warcraft status.

Pinnkiepie
  • Pinnkiepie

PIE

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:33 AM

Don't forget, Mac has nothing to gain from this.

It is entirely up to you (use your own judgement) what you feel is viable or not.

It's just some food for thought.

We can agree that October is something to look forward to though! :)

Dest45
  • Dest45

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:39 AM

Will you be able to own every vehicle online? Even the ones not on the websites? And what about the Singleplayer protagonists vehicles? I liked Franklins bike but its unique and you can't find it anywhere else.

MactoTillDeath
  • MactoTillDeath

Snitch

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:43 AM

This sounds too good to be true. I don't see all of this being in the game, if it were true this would be by far the greatest online experience any game has ever put out, I'm talking World of Warcraft status.

Lol, if you think the XBOX 360 version of GTAO is cool and a little far fetched, wait until the XBONE and PS4 versions. ;)

Once persistence can be maintained, your game experience will be ever changing. We've already seen great things with the PC version. Always-on gaming seemed a little stupid at first to a lot of people, but it's actually very cool.

MactoTillDeath
  • MactoTillDeath

Snitch

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:54 AM

Will you be able to own every vehicle online? Even the ones not on the websites? And what about the Singleplayer protagonists vehicles? I liked Franklins bike but its unique and you can't find it anywhere else.

There is currently a "rumor" going around that states if you purchased GTA 5 before October 1st AND you are a social club member then you will be allowed to port your SP vehicles to GTAO. But only the main vehicles owned by the characters. ;)

Eventually you will be able to design your own cars on your computer via Social Club and then upload then for use in game.

Grand Theft Savage
  • Grand Theft Savage

'Bout that life

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:56 AM

Whatever nigga. Sounds like a wishlist to me.

Yesterday, companies like IGN released their first hands takes on GTA Online as they were invited by R* to try out online mode for the first time and report what they saw. Even IGN said that they were not permitted to video record their game play, but they could describe what they were able to do. Google it if you want and to will see.

As for the info on DLC packs. Any reference to a DLC itself is speculation. It is unclear if that mentioned DLC will be released for free with online mode launch or it will come later as a DLC that you must purchase.

Proof for certain features can not be provided as it is all ascertained by hacking game files. You can look in certain files, not just configuration files, and find a ton of clues to features that are currently hidden. If you find these clues, you can make best guess assumptions as to how R* will eventually include this code.

Showing you the code is not possible, so never ask. Hacking the game is illegal, and showing any part of the code is severely illegal.

Either take the word of the hackers or don't.

Just checked IGN and it was posted 2 days ago, nothing more recent, all they had about GTAO was this...

• Create a customized character
  • Develop a backstory for your character
  • Backstory determines starting location
  • Join a crew
  • Rob a convenience store with a friend
  • Customize a mask for GTA Online
  • Yell into a controller microphone to make a hold up go faster
  • Freely divide up money after a heist
  • A mission called Titan Steal has you stealing the Titan cargo plane
  • Fly with your friends in an airplane
  • Race anyone, anywhere, anytime by dropping a marker
  • Play multiplayer Golf or Tennis
  • Play a 4-player Golf game
  • Purchase a safehouse
  • Purchase Vehicle Insurance (Source: Achievement/Trophy List)
  • Watch TV with your friends
  • Watch Weasel News helicopter footage of your friends doing things
  • Smoke pot with your friends in your safehouse
  • Shower to wash off blood
  • Use an ATM to deposit money
  • Steal your friends' undeposited money
  • Play a "deathmatch" game
  • Design a "deathmatch" game
  • Go to a Strip Club
  • Watch a movie and comment on it as a group with friends
  • Vote on mission playlists
  • Play 500 pre-made missions, more will be added

Cool. Seems like RDR multiplayer with much more to it.

Elesdee1487
  • Elesdee1487

God's Gift To Women

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 01:05 AM

Lol, if you think the XBOX 360 version of GTAO is cool and a little far fetched, wait until the XBONE and PS4 versions. ;)
Once persistence can be maintained, your game experience will be ever changing. We've already seen great things with the PC version. Always-on gaming seemed a little stupid at first to a lot of people, but it's actually very cool.

So you can confirm a xboxone version but R* can't?

Cyfa
  • Cyfa

Paid In Full

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 01:25 AM

It's like the mods have disappeared over the past few weeks.

Not saying I don't believe you, but all of this 'supposedly' 'rumored' 'possibly' can only make people believe this is speculation. Not to mention your join date. Then for the entire day you say 'literally half of everything I said has been confirmed and you can go find it, I don't want to link it.' It's weird how people can supposedly spend hours on end spreading information that they possibly have made up and then the community buys into it.

smokey__
  • smokey__

High Hopes

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 01:26 AM

Joined 4 days ago........

MactoTillDeath
  • MactoTillDeath

Snitch

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 01:30 AM

So you can confirm a xboxone version but R* can't?

I wouldn't technically call this a confirmation, so don't twist my words. ;)

MactoTillDeath
  • MactoTillDeath

Snitch

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 01:33 AM Edited by MactoTillDeath, 25 September 2013 - 01:35 AM.

Not saying I don't believe you, but all of this 'supposedly' 'rumored' 'possibly' can only make people believe this is speculation. Not to mention your join date. Then for the entire day you say 'literally half of everything I said has been confirmed and you can go find it, I don't want to link it.' It's weird how people can supposedly spend hours on end spreading information that they possibly have made up and then the community buys into it.

Go read some other posts in this thread before you make accusations.

IGN has released a lot of the same information, just like me. The difference is they're a major gaming news outlet, and me... I'm just one guy posting on the forums.

I agree, you have no reason to believe me. But you have no reason to think I'm lying either.

And this is my day off. I've been relaxing and playing GTA all day and responding on here on my phone. The fact that I joined 4 days ago is irrelevant.

snacker111
  • snacker111

GTA

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 September 2013 - 01:48 AM

R* is monetizing the game too much.. sucks that gta v will become World of Grand Theft Auto Craft

Cyfa
  • Cyfa

Paid In Full

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 01:50 AM

Go read some other posts in this thread before you make accusations.

IGN has released a lot of the same information, just like me. The difference is they're a major gaming news outlet, and me... I'm just one guy posting on the forums.

I agree, you have no reason to believe me. But you have no reason to think I'm lying either.

And this is my day off. I've been relaxing and playing GTA all day and responding on here on my phone. The fact that I joined 4 days ago is irrelevant.

I've read the entire thread. And I'm not making accusations, I'm implying at the fact that maybe you are full of it. 

Pinnkiepie
  • Pinnkiepie

PIE

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 September 2013 - 01:50 AM Edited by Pinnkiepie, 25 September 2013 - 01:53 AM.

Some Stuff from IGN

Watch the first video

http://www.ign.com/a...eft-auto-online

IIluminati
  • IIluminati

Snitch

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 01:50 AM Edited by IIluminati, 25 September 2013 - 01:52 AM.

Will there be some kind of theater mode implemented in the game? Like a video editor? Maybe the next gen consoles will have this feature. 

And how much better will GTA V be for next gen consoles? I'm hoping 32-64 people online...

Snock
  • Snock

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 02:00 AM

I'm going to laugh my ass off if Mac is correct (or at least very close) on all of his points in the OP and all deniers are forced to eat crow.  They definitely sound like plausible additions/features.

Then again, if he is totally wrong on all of his points, I won't really care because I'm not 7 years old and don't believe everything I read on the internet.

Dest45
  • Dest45

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 02:01 AM

There is currently a "rumor" going around that states if you purchased GTA 5 before October 1st AND you are a social club member then you will be allowed to port your SP vehicles to GTAO. But only the main vehicles owned by the characters. ;)

Eventually you will be able to design your own cars on your computer via Social Club and then upload then for use in game.

I like what I am hearing! Thanks for sharing with us. We don't exactly know if you are a credible source but we'll find out October 1st and there's no point in arguing so I'll humor you :santa:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users